Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,356 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka (23224 Views)

Whose Responsibility Is It To Replace Broken-Down Electricity Transformers? / 70 Percent Of Cars Innoson Supplied Has Broken Down – Imo State Gov’t / My Political Analysis For 2023 Elections...my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by jaxxy(m): 10:08am On Apr 04, 2023
mr yakubu will be held fully accountable for conniving with antidemocratic forces to breach the constitution and destroy our democracy.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by olatuns2017: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2023
Deltafirstson:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/03/2023-elections-my-trust-has-broken-down-completely-soyinka

Sir,
The section that criticized this elections most are the ones who are intolerant !!!
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by DriveByKiller: 10:31am On Apr 04, 2023
ShaqFu:
well shit happens sir. It is what it is.

Inec messed things up for real.
it is so refreshing having you say this, my big Joe
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by victorazy(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2023
Weybuhari:
They are coming to call him IPOB now or trace his ancestry to Enugu state

grin one has already said his father is an Igbo man from Imo state.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by switlily25(f): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Foolish man that campaigned for Buhari
Don’t mind him!
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by kezienaira: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2023
Weybuhari:

Don't mind the imbecillés.
Maybe soyinka mum is igbo too 🤣🤣
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by salih74(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
A very big shame to inec Chairman. He's a disgrace to humanity.
Thank you Daddy
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by salih74(m): 11:03am On Apr 04, 2023
Massiveglory:
Constitutionally, Nigeria has no president- elect.
Until the constitution of federal republic is altered or the supreme court of the land rules otherwise swearing in bola tinubu is swearing in an unconstitutional person.
Yes DADDY

Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by Wisfem: 11:07am On Apr 04, 2023
9ijaprince:
I have been wondering where Soyinka has been lately. I guess he got struck by unimaginable things that happened in Nigeria lately. The audacity to commit these barbaric acts still baffles me. A governor of a state decided to cut open roads that connect his opponent's strongholds on the eve of election so that elections would not be conducted and not even a statement from the federal government to condemn the terrorism.

Which Governor did this and where exactly??
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by rm94(m): 11:08am On Apr 04, 2023
Na wa o. Some people just read headlines and then rush to comment nonsense. The comments on the first page are completely at variance with what the prof raised points. To think others like them went to like their comments show that some persons read opposite in meaning to topics.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by 9ijaprince(m): 11:11am On Apr 04, 2023
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by pacespot(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2023
Nigerians need to be more ruthless against these politicians and their foot soldiers, the police and military alike, to be set free.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by NaijaSumigan: 11:23am On Apr 04, 2023
ObaKlaz:
Don't worry, Prof. Àgbàdo and cassava have pivotal roles to play in contributing to the growth of our GDP. tongue

On a sober note, even though Tinubu isn't the best or a Maverick, he's definitely NOT mediocre when it comes to governing or governance; let's face it.

Let's just hope he stays in the right frame of mind and body and rally the best hands and brains around himself.

Your hope on Tinubu the fraudster but my hope on GOD. GOD alone shall decide who the next president of Nigeria is
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by Basicend: 11:24am On Apr 04, 2023
Weybuhari:

Every object and well educated Nigerian have this same view bro.

There is a cloud of darkness over the land with Tinubu as a leader.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by omohayek: 11:25am On Apr 04, 2023
Victor468:
What I don't understand is this. How come the same presidential election they termed rigged, is the same election that produced the Senate and Rep member. Yet those results were not contested. If for any instant, the presidential election is upturned, will those elections be upturned as well? That would have been the reasonable thing to do.
The only way to understand this double-standard is to interpret the claims of "rigging" as nothing more than a manifestation of their inability to handle defeat. When they shout "rigged", what they are really saying is that they believe they deserve to win every election contest, and are incapable of displaying sportsmanship when reality fails to go their way.

You see exactly the same mentality at work in Trump and all his supporters who insist the 2020 election was "stolen" in spite of the lack of any evidence and an endless stream of court defeats, and I believe that the Obi supporters will continue to follow the MAGA playbook once Obi's electoral challenges are inevitably thrown out by the Supreme Court: they will claim that this too was "rigged", and that the only solution left to them as "patriots" is to violently overthrow a system they call "corrupt" for not validating their fantasies. Indeed, we are already seeing this at work in the baseless accusations against the CJN, and the demands for an unconstitutional "interim government".

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by arantess: 11:38am On Apr 04, 2023
9ijaprince:
I have been wondering where Soyinka has been lately. I guess he got struck by unimaginable things that happened in Nigeria lately. The audacity to commit these barbaric acts still baffles me. A governor of a state decided to cut open roads that connect his opponent's strongholds on the eve of election so that elections would not be conducted and not even a statement from the federal government to condemn the terrorism.
Nigeria is not a real place
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by onuman: 11:39am On Apr 04, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
A very big shame to inec Chairman. He's a disgrace to humanity.

The INEC Chairman wanted to renew the tenure of his kinsmen of Buhari cabal in Aso Rock using old and frail Tinubu as cover. On seeing that voters were rejecting APC, he jettisoned the electronic method of vote collation and went for illegal manual collation. In the process, he manufactured votes for APC and pronounced Tinubu winner.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by KanwuliaExtra: 11:41am On Apr 04, 2023
I don't know why people like Soyinka are still chewing words like chewing sticks.
Call it what it is . . .SHAM ELECTIONS! cheesy

Selections made by INEC to subvert the will of Nigerians.
Nonsense!
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by Umadam: 11:43am On Apr 04, 2023
I wonder why all these wailing and ranting like a bunch of wild ass animals, is it today that they have been ringing election in this damn country?
May Y'all got a passport from God himself that this time will be free and fair. Nigeria have been lawless since.... we haven't even started taking the dimension that will repair this country...
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by jackpot(f): 11:47am On Apr 04, 2023
smokinloud:

Did he condemn the election?. NO!.
You must have failed Literature or didn't do it at all...maybe that's why you didn't comprehend that he condemned the election.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by casualobserver: 11:50am On Apr 04, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Another opportunity to waile relentlessly today.
I’m sure it’s thank you daddy people as usual

They will wail for the next 16 years and since they never learn, after that 16 yrs, presidency will go to SS and their children will wail another 16yrs.

SS, start to prepare and position yourselves for 2039, we are behind you, let the usual suspects keep on wailing and playing ethnic and religious Nzogbu Nzogbu politics.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by SmellingAnus(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2023
abobote:
Soyinka should stop beating around the bush
You are smart... He was smartly trying to be on the fence
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by ShaqFu: 12:07pm On Apr 04, 2023
DriveByKiller:
it is so refreshing having you say this, my big Joe
Its the truth bro. But having to blame Asiwaju or the APC for INEC's failure is what I won't accept.

It's like you giving me money to build a 5 bedroom duplex for you, instead I built a 2 bedroom bungalow and when you ask me how come, I start blaming disstroy and postmann. 😁

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by LaReinaa(f): 12:12pm On Apr 04, 2023
At the end, the INEC chairman deserves to go jail for his criminal act! He can’t avoid it.. he either goes to jail or goes on exile because I don’t see any other way out for him sad
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by Solocoin: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2023
The government you help and I stalled
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by WorldRichest: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
Weybuhari:

Woke Soyinka is actually talking about the unimaginable rigging that happened in Igbo land and the tribalist character of Igbos such that Emilokan Tinubu got between 4,000 and 5,000 in some Igbo states. Same people want to rule Nigeria
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by DriveByKiller: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2023
ShaqFu:
Its the truth bro. But having to blame Asiwaju or the APC for INEC's failure is what I won't accept.

It's like you giving me money to build a 5 bedroom duplex for you, instead I built a 2 bedroom bungalow and when you ask me how come, I start blaming disstroy and postmann. 😁
grin grin grin which of them is INEC in the analysis ? grin

True but something in me died during the election. I felt we missed a chance to steer this country back to its destiny.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by TalkingBird: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2023
Listening to Prof was clear.

They agreed to use some states to show the benefit of democracy.

Their members who became Governors didn't do what they agreed.

I also understand he said when people get into office they forget who they were.
Let me ask some questions please!
Why will a man promise to end corruption and fail to do so?

Why will he travel to other parts of the world, see the beauty there, and not able to replicate it in his community?

Why will they wish but fail to improve medical facility?

Why will they love people and yet plot the enslavement of their fellow citizens and some continents to be perpetually poor and dependent on others?

Why will they love what is good but kill their fellow citizens to remain in power?

Why will a man who was kind collude with other world rulers to undo other nations?

It is happening because
The whole rulership rest on the power of the wicked one. He controls activities and actions of those in power. It will end soon.

Now let me tell us why.
So, who controls world rulership?

1John 5:19
We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.

This person decides who rules in most cases.
This is why a man gets into power and forgets himself. He is under control of the wicked one

That is why the world today is worse than it was 10 years ago

The solution will be lasting, see it in
Dan. 2:44

44And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Which government will the Kingdom end?

Look at the description of world rulership and last part of it below

Dan. 2:31-43

“You, O king, were watching, and you saw an immense image. That image, which was huge and extremely bright, was standing in front of you, and its appearance was terrifying. 32 The head of that image was of fine gold, its chest and its arms were of silver, its abdomen and its thighs were of copper, 33 its legs were of iron, and its feet were partly of iron and partly of clay. 34 You looked on until a stone was cut out, not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of clay and crushed them. 35 At that time the iron, the clay, the copper, the silver, and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that not a trace of them could be found. But the stone that struck the image became a large mountain, and it filled the whole earth. 36 “This is the dream, and we will now tell the king its interpretation. 37 You, O king—the king of kings to whom the God of heaven has given the kingdom, the might, the strength, and the glory, 38 and into whose hand he has given men wherever they may dwell, as well as the beasts of the field and the birds of the heavens, and whom he has made ruler over all of them—you yourself are the head of gold. 39 “But after you another kingdom will rise, inferior to you; then another kingdom, a third one, of copper, that will rule over the whole earth. 40 “As for the fourth kingdom, it will be strong like iron. For just as iron crushes and pulverizes everything else, yes, like iron that shatters, it will crush and shatter all of these. 41 “And just as you saw the feet and the toes to be partly of clay of a potter and partly of iron, the kingdom will be divided, but some of the hardness of iron will be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with soft clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile. 43 Just as you saw iron mixed with soft clay, they will be mixed with the people; but they will not stick together, one to the other, just as iron does not mix with clay. 44 “In the days of those kings.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by ElSudani: 12:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
Basicend:

Every object and well educated Nigerian have this same view bro.

There is a cloud of darkness over the land with Tinubu as a leader.

Dark cloud ko, green cloud ni. Perhaps the gloom is only in the IPOB camp of Obi and his dumb disciples.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by smokinloud(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2023
jackpot:
You must have failed Literature or didn't do it at all...maybe that's why you didn't comprehend that he condemned the election.
You must be from a particular region of the country that's why you could not read simple English!.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by Karnice600: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2023
Deltafirstson:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/04/03/2023-elections-my-trust-has-broken-down-completely-soyinka

Disuan go just dey speak grammar wey no translate to any real life solution.
Re: 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka by tinsel: 1:23pm On Apr 04, 2023
smokinloud:

Did he condemn the election? NO!.
Don't mind them. They were reacting to the headline. If you read his comments he is more worried about what the people are saying mostly Obidients.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25 Year Old Missing Nigerian Found Dead In Usa / National Assembly sembly Leadership Meets Tomorrow / Maina Drags Reno Omokri To Court Over Corruption Allegations, Seeks N4bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.