Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char (28898 Views)

Trump Arrives New York Court For Criminal Trial / 2 Killed As Terror Attack On Istanbul Courthouse Thwarted(photos) / Melania Trump Arrives In Ghana, To Visit Other Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char by LordTheus(m): 12:10pm On Apr 05, 2023
Re: Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char by ReginaWolf: 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2023
chymeze:
Funny thing is that they're making the guy look like he's being politically persecuted which is to his advantage because it'd make him gather much more sympathy votes from the people and make him even more popular amongst the people. Infact a recent poll that was carried out showed that since this Trump indictment thing began, his ratings among voters had increased at an unprecedented rate. I think the democrats just shot themselves in the foot by making Trump look like another Nelson Mandela.

1st off, the Democrats haven't done anything. This is law enforcement.

2nd, what a strange position to take. The natural conclusion to that line of thinking is that before anyone is charged with a crime we should take into account whether it suits them or not. So don't charge any mob bosses because it makes them look hard to their mates. Or don't charge terrorists as it only enhances the feeling of persecution about that group.

3rd, Trump in no way looks like Nelson Mandela, both physically or politically.

4th and finally, can you cite this poll you're referring to? The indictment might boost his chances of securing the Republican nomination but is not likely to enhance his position in the presidential election itself.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/03/politics/cnn-poll-trump-indictment/index.html
Re: Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char by chymeze: 4:49pm On Apr 05, 2023
ReginaWolf:

1st off, the Democrats haven't done anything. This is law enforcement.

2nd, what a strange position to take. The natural conclusion to that line of thinking is that before anyone is charged with a crime we should take into account whether it suits them or not. So don't charge any mob bosses because it makes them look hard to their mates. Or don't charge terrorists as it only enhances the feeling of persecution about that group.

3rd, Trump in no way looks like Nelson Mandela, both physically or politically.

4th and finally, can you cite this poll you're referring to? The indictment might boost his chances of securing the Republican nomination but is not likely to enhance his position in the presidential election itself.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/04/03/politics/cnn-poll-trump-indictment/index.html
My dear sir, I'm laughing so hard here. I just saw you quoted a poll from CNN about Trump. It's more like asking a goat to take care of a yam for you. Even dumb people know that CNN has always never been objective when it comes to Trump. If you had quoted from neutral sources then your argument would have had weight and credibility. Secondly, I hope you know that even Trump can contest from jail if he's convicted? That's exactly what he's even praying for. However he pleads his sentence will still fall to his favor. I really don't have time not energy to expatiate. Secondly, you say it's law enforcement grin grin. I laugh. It shows you're probably politically naive. Haven't you wondered why this indictment came up by this time when he was heating up his campaign for the presidency? This was a case that had been dormant since 2015, a year before his election into power. I won't go into deeper details on the conspiracy. But Trump actually turned himself in deliberately because he smelt the opportunity to rack up his ratings and that is exactly what this has done for him. Lol
Re: Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char by chymeze: 4:50pm On Apr 05, 2023
ivolt:

Have you considered that the NY AG's plan is actually to get Trump to win the Republican primary?
That's also a big possibility
Re: Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char by linearity: 12:57am On Apr 06, 2023
chymeze:

My dear sir, I'm laughing so hard here. I just saw you quoted a poll from CNN about Trump. It's more like asking a goat to take care of a yam for you. Even dumb people know that CNN has always never been objective when it comes to Trump. If you had quoted from neutral sources then your argument would have had weight and credibility. Secondly, I hope you know that even Trump can contest from jail if he's convicted? That's exactly what he's even praying for. However he pleads his sentence will still fall to his favor. I really don't have time not energy to expatiate. Secondly, you say it's law enforcement grin grin. I laugh. It shows you're probably politically naive. Haven't you wondered why this indictment came up by this time when he was heating up his campaign for the presidency? This was a case that had been dormant since 2015, a year before his election into power. I won't go into deeper details on the conspiracy. But Trump actually turned himself in deliberately because he smelt the opportunity to rack up his ratings and that is exactly what this has done for him. Lol

The case has not been dormant since 2015, It has been with the grand jury and it was a grand jury of 23 ordinary US citizens that voted to indict him.

Secondly, Another grand jury in GA has returned an indictment against him for trying to manipulate the 2020 Election, but the DA there is waiting to unseal it... guess what, GA is a Republican State.

Thirdly, Mike Pence will be testifying against Trump on the DOJ panel, I guess Mike Pence is one of those Democrats plotting against Trump, don't you think?

Yes, nothing prevents him from contesting from a jail cell or prison and Yes, it will be very difficult to convict any President in the USA including Trump despite being guilty, because all 12 Juries must return the YES, which is very difficult because the 12, all he needs is one sympathetic jury.

Lastly, achieve this post, Trump will never win a National Election in the USA, do not get me wrong, he will win the GOP Presidential nomination, and that is bad for the GOP because they would have succeeded in fielding a weak National candidate. Trump's appeal is only for the hardcore right-wing Republicans. He has to win Independents in the middle and some Democrats as well in order to win the Presidency.

Ron DeSantis is a guy that will give Biden a good run for his money, Biden has his weakness, he is very old and voters would have some reservation about him, Ron is young and agile...but Ron has been trying lately to appease right-wing primary voters by taking Florida to the hard core right with his new policy initiatives there. He is doing all that to see if he can best Trump in the primaries. His challenge will be pivoting to the center to win Independents and some Democrats during the General Elections.

As far as Trump is concerned he is done, stick a folk into it!
Re: Trump Arrives Courthouse, Becomes First American President To Face Criminal Char by EvelynParker(f): 4:15pm On Apr 22, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Nelson Mandela Dead? / Russia Sends Troops Into Kazakhstan As Protests Turn Violent / "You Are A War Criminal" - Biden To Putin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.