Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,261 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef (47524 Views)

Lazerpay Shuts Down, Withdraw Your Funds Before April 30 / Please Can Anyone Share With Me Any Legit Bitcoin Platform Dat Works / Join,trade/invest And With Bitcoin Platform Earn Big Money,get Bitcoin Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by ijustdey: 6:42pm On Apr 05, 2023
Peer-to-peer Bitcoin platform, Paxful, with 1.5m users in Nigeria, has announced that it is shutting down its operations.

This was disclosed by the co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Ray Youssef, in a blog post on Tuesday.

He said, Today, Paxful will be suspending its marketplace. We are not sure if it will come back.

“This will probably come as a big shock to many. While I cannot share the full story now, I can say that we unfortunately have had some key staff departures. Also, regulatory challenges for the industry continue to grow, especially in the peer-to-peer market and most heavily in the U.S. While we work through these issues, we have taken the most secure option and ask you to explore self-custody and trade elsewhere.

According to Decrypt, Youssef, during a Twitter Space said that the decision to close the platform was also influenced by a lawsuit brought by a Paxful co-founder who is suing Paxful and Youssef after being “kicked out of the company” over a year ago.

My co-founder sued the company and sued me. I have a lawsuit over my head right now,” he was quoted as saying on the Twitter Space.

Though he did not name the plaintiff explicitly, Youssef is likely referring to co-founder Artur Schaback, who filed a lawsuit in Delaware Chancery Court against Youssef in January, based on a court docket hosted on CourtConnect.

Although cryptocurrency is banned in Nigeria, the 2020 Geography of Cryptocurrency Report by Chainalysis, ranked Nigeria eighth in crypto adoption and usage among 154 countries included in the study.

Nigerian cities, Lagos and Ibadan, have also been listed as cryptocurrency hubs across the globe by crypto accounting services firm, Recap, which put together a list of the top 50 crypto hubs in 2022. Nigerian cities made it to number 14 (Lagos) and 24 (Ibadan) respectively.

Paxful is credited with pioneering the use of peer-to-peer technology in the country, thus helping to expand the crypto industry in Nigeria.

In an interview with Business Africa Insider in 2022, Paxful’s CEO said that Nigeria is the firm’s largest market, with 1.5 million users and over $1.5 billion volume to date (since 2015).

The Central Bank of Nigeria banned cryptocurrencies and transactions related to them in 2021. CBN claimed that cryptocurrencies are being used for illegal activities including money laundering, terrorism financing, purchase of small arms and light weapons, and tax evasion.

https://punchng.com/bitcoin-platform-with-over-one-million-nigerian-users-shuts-down/?amp

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by YorubaSamurai: 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2023
I prefer physical business to all this rubbish crypto whatever

260 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Mirakle69: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2023
YorubaSamurai:

The earlier you start acclimitizing and getting used to Crypto and Cryptocurrency the better for you.

The future is Crypto!

306 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by YorubaSamurai: 8:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
Mirakle69:

The earlier you start acclimitizing and getting used to Crypto and Cryptocurrency the better for you.

The future is Crypto!
rubbish

376 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by JasonScoolari: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
rubbish
Take it easy man, you have made your point known, no need to be aggressive.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Vyzz: 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2023
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by handsomeyinka(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Sabadon(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
YorubaSamurai:
I swear,

117 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by habsydiamond(m): 9:04pm On Apr 05, 2023
One chance loading!!!! I love to put my money where I can see road clearly.... crypto no be my specialty

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by shuttox: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
Hh

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Ekakamba: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
Autre wahala

1 Like

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by seankafor(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
Paxful the crypto dark web of scammers and reapers

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by drLammy(m): 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
So what happens to people's coin sad

40 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by cliqtips: 9:05pm On Apr 05, 2023
It was due to USA policies...

I trust Nigerians, they're on their way to binance and the likes

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Proffdada: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Ever since FTX scammed the world, everything came crashing down in crypto grin

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by osuolale95(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
E pain me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by goodyvin02(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Me wey Dey find chao

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by donforeign: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Na so

1 Like

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Sonnobax15(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
grin
I thought it was a joke when my younger bro first broke the news to me this morning.....No wonder all those my guys wey dey post update about paxful no gree post anything today grin

Las las,dem say life is all about risk taking,but I don't know why I hate anything that has to do with online investment angry

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by wahahlawahala: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Chai

1 Like

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by nonhuman(m): 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2023
Mirakle69:

The future is Crypto!
nonsense talk, when you start your own cry don't come here to disturb us

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by clems88(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Hmm. These exchanges makes person get scared with all this news that comes up shocked . Abeg binance should not try this oo. ...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Weedhustler: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Crypto has come to stay...una go understand come 2025!

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by vesselchino(f): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
E

2 Likes

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by indigenous234(f): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Now, what better alternative exist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by treesun: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
Sometimes technology will take you up and use smack down to bring some down

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paxful: Bitcoin Platform Shuts Down - Ray Youssef by gerizzim: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2023
what now happens to people having crypto in their wallet.?

17 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MMM Shuts Down Operations And Site After The Death Of The Owner, Sergey Mavrodi / MMM: Benue Woman Commits Suicide / #MMMGONE Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.