Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (22058 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by opanco: 5:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
BigBen23:

Are you good in video editing? Reply ASAP

I am good in video editing boss

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Think9ja(m): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
Devil1Messenger:

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
It is not easy in Lagos
It's just God
Na 30k work plenty here and things are very expensive

Lagos too useless I swear.
I've only been here one month and I already miss north. Things that are produced in Lagos are cheaper in the north than Lagos. Lagos is unnecessarily expensive. A typical case of suffering and smiling. I can't wait to go back after my program. Smelling drainages everywhere. Abuja is bae

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Think9ja(m): 5:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I live in Umuahia now.
I'm a B.Sc holder in Accounting
I'm 27 years
I am an expert freelancer as I can do most works on the internet like website development, blog design and monetization, blog SEO full Optimization, Book Editing and publishing (both offline and online).

That's what I have been surviving with.

In other words, you can code but you don't have a job? Lagos and Abuja should be the only places you should be considering

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by dchamp234(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
TheManPregnant:

You check jiji? Are you for real?!

Better siddon for where you dey.

You're a big fool for asking him to say where he is, someone is complaining of how life has been tough and plans to relocate for better opportunities, and your advice is for him to still be stagnant, that's why you're still very poor and rotten. Next time skip posts like this if you have no legit advise to give or something meaningful to say or contribute.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by OVB123: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
dhmore:
Kindly, explain to me the job you ventured in to that made you rich from #1500 to #400k ! I am eagerly waiting my brother! I am a 53 years old married man from Lagos. My WhatsApp line is 08182028332. My name is Mr Akintola Ademola. Thanks & God bless
Please forget that guy/man. He is a liar.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Ehmmah588(m): 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
I'll advice you like my kid brother to jejely forget or abandon that uyo idea.....All my connects in uyo are complaining of poor pay (except hookup girls sha)...I'll rather advice you visit ph if you really need to get a job. ....Not just anywhere in ph but sure areas ....As an accountant,within 2-3wks of yr stay if you're sharp,You should get a nice paying job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by gender123: 5:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
OGA that 200k, give 100k to your wife to start
a business even if it going to all this Bush market, you will be surprised those women make a lot of money,

The other 100k, carry relocate to Anambra or PH, Lagos is over crowded now...

Do not relocate with your family, I repeat do not relocate with your family.

Go first there can come later when you are stable...

Better still fine HK for Ghana go....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by manneger2: 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
All this graduate finding job in Nigeria baffles me, team up with 4 people start doing skit, skit na the oil company of those days in Nigeria now, and you donโ€™t need much just a good camera phone or buy hero 11 camera device, and setup facebook and YouTube page and channel respectively, if you know what you are doing by 2months they will monetize you especially in Facebook , even if you donโ€™t have content bro arrange with people and start doing prank, Nigeria no Dey use ear hear prank, arrange prank no go Dey do real one, with your 200k, you are good to go,and from your write up you said you are smart and your wife is social from what you wrote oo, you are good to go, working in Uyo is still hand to mouth feeding, I hope you see this message and take action immediately.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by obotematics: 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Bros better dey your dey and draw your plans
Not all the noise,glamour is gold.
Remember I told you๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by REALretep(m): 6:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.
Check your spiritual status first.
If you have a spiritual setback on your head, even if you relocate to sambisa forest or USA, you will still be struggling.
How is your relationship with God? He can help you

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by pendusky(m): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
I have sent you a mail with my official email address, Sir.
Thanks

Seen, let's talk on phone... Have sent you my number

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by clockwisereport: 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
mrvitalis:

Bros except u want to do business there is basically zero job in uyo maybe u want to drive Keke

Enugu is far better than uyo...with respect job

Rent and food is expensive in Enugu

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by clockwisereport: 6:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
highchief1:
why u go marry when u Dey this financial state.

Na OP type dey believe say marriage dey open does for person

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by kelopez77: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
My brother, you better stay back where u are ohh, I moved to Eket 8 months ago for a job, guy! I was deceived and today, I regret ever making that move, I'm currently in Eket looking for a way to come back.

My candid advice based on my experience is, don't allow anyone to promise you a job that you haven't seen in Uyo ohh.

By the time you get here and meet whoever promised you a job, I bet you, na u go dey use your money dey pay for transport for the person.

E no pure as u think so ohh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by clockwisereport: 6:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Yes, I have already started the process to get my driving license before I will move. I have been driving for over 5 years now since 2018.

Manual or automatic?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by na2016: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

This isn't hearsay, I spent 2 weeks in Uyo this year.... Money no dey the town , things aren't expensive at all

Leave that thing. My extended family lives in you. Uyo is now expensive!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by mrvitalis(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
clockwisereport:

Rent and food is expensive in Enugu
You think rent is cheaper in uyo ?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Taigaban: 7:14pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo is not bad. Most friends I know have relocated to Uyo. Do that your driver license fast. You can start with driving job as soon as you get there, just carry that hold body first first. The good thing with Uyo is that it's very peaceful and fast developing. When you are settled then you can keep on widening your job search. God willing couples of months from now I hope to settle in Uyo too.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by GetSenseNow: 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I base in Umuahia, Abia State.
Most people here have advised you not to consider Uyo and I second their motion.

But you surprise me, you're based in Umuahia, Aba isn't far from you so why aren't you using that to your advantage?
I have a friend here in Owerri who sells Senator wears and other native outfits abroad. He advertises them online and people buy and he uses courier agencies to send to them, and he's a big boy.

You've been looking for a job since 2018 and you're still thinking to continue on that oath? Una dey shock me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by udofia234(m): 7:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Brotherly! If u love yourself no even think to come uyo, I was formerly living in ogun state Abeokuta, I was complaining that they don't pay well in abk, I said it here on this same nairaland, reasonable guys here advised me not to relocate to uyo but I turned deaf ear, now I have being in uyo since last year, walai my teaching job salary no reach 20k self. U see?I just have to start up a small scale business and farming to keep body and soul together. Though I'm seriously exploring other options either to move to ph or calabar. Uyo dry make I no lie bro, na only hotel jobs here dey pay at least 20-30k and u go work like slave ni ooo. Think am well before u move oh. A word is enough for the wise......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by clockwisereport: 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
mrvitalis:

You think rent is cheaper in uyo ?

I don't know about Uyo but Enugu is a no go area
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by highchief1: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
clockwisereport:

Na OP type dey believe say marriage dey open does for person
lol
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Favmil101(m): 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
Can you drive and also have idea of marketing job?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by hansomb: 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
Just do it. You already down. You have nothing to lose. Only obstacle I see is that u already married. Let your wife go to a safe place either her family or parents. Better try and fail is better than never trying.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by candyguyofficia(m): 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Mikekan30:
My brother Don't wait to get any advise here many here are jobless , full of jealousy and hatred, If you choose to relocate to Uyo very good and well, they are private jobs you can do....

First of all contact a good HRM, that is the most easiest way to get jobs, it is not the same UYO I worked in a contract firm contracting for Hensek Construction Limited? And I was paid handsomely, I have even connected people to Oil firms that are in Eket..
please don't be discouraged by failures who dont even know what's happening in their state, they're just good at opening their mouth and spitting rubbish, even in Lagos,Abuja,pH they are Keke,taxi and bus services it must be there for transportation so if you think that's the only job in Uyo you must be a Dullard....

Bro if you need real jobs in Uyo just contact me on magnetmikeconsultant@gmail.com

I will link you up..( specifically you)

Live this ignorant people here who knows nothing.

I guess when Mobil Needed 150 contract staff for wield mate & engineering services they where still ignorant to know.
Connect with the right people.

Boss can I connect with you?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Benno4ever(m): 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
OP, can u get in touch with me. I might have something for you in uyo.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by 18digital(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
meobizy:
Since you donโ€™t believe a regular Nairaland account is required, I donโ€™t believe you deserve a well-thought reply.

He already stated his reason for using this identity.

If you have an advise for him, shoot
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Bukateen7(m): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
I just dey put you in my shoe, cos we are some how similar, am a young man married with a daughter too.
I currently work as a contract staff with a bank,
The advice i will give you is to stop looking for jobs,start a a small business,am about quitting my job for biz.
Secondary, kill this idea that you cannot make it where you, there is success every where it only depends on ur application,do not leave ur current location except work takes out of there.
Thirdly with the 100k your mum is seeking for you start POS business in ur wife's shop in ur current location there are so many businesses you can run with the 100k.
Convert that smartness and hardworking for ur own good.

My classmate started Okpa supply last year you know Okpa they we eat with pap right?
Now he is living big. Guy dont go anywhere remain where you are and fight for a bright future.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by 18digital(m): 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2023
Johnboom:
If I were you I would advise you go to remote area where you can get cheap land. Invest in vegetables it takes just 3 weeks for you to make your money then start to rear animal. Goat is now hot cake. If you interact very well you can still least 1 hectare of land for just 5K. Agric is where the money is now.

Comrade, this is a good idea, that is if you can adventure.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by UcLloyd: 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo is a civil servants state. If you don't have a job waiting for you already, don't go. Enugu is better than Uyo, is a bigger city. I lived in Uyo, left there 2013, I do visit there till date

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by gammarays1: 9:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.
Most times, ads you see online are far from reality.
With the loan you took, there'll be pressure on you to pay back.

Uyo should be expensive from what people say.

What is your main aim of relocating? Job or serene environment?
If I were you, don't channel the whole money to expenses. Look for other income sources not necessarily jobs.

Wish you well

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by yubeebaby: 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
Oga,pls may I ask why the choice of Uyo?
I live and work there,but I can only advice,if you give specifics like...job type,what has informed your choice, expectations, and so much more.
But let's start with the question,"Why Uyo?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dentistry Or Pharmacy. Which Is More Lucrative And Who Earns More? / My Mum Wants Me To Take Over Her School But I Want Something Else. / Her Firm Increased Her Pay To Match That Of a New Job (Please Advise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.