Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (22097 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by walozanga(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Killerbag36: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wem u get there join cult u will mk it big tryst me
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by famousroland(m): 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
I’m from uyo and i base in uyo…Abeg, biko, mbok if u no wan suffer, stay where u are, here we are all CEOs, we create jobs for ourselves… well except u wanna work for 10k to 20k then one of the young CEOs will employ you….

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Investorozay: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
As someone who schooled and lived there for like 7 years. Avoid uyo if your not going for a specific business. There is no job there. And hunger will fire you.
Na only Keke and mini bus dey uyo.
The well to do are few business men. Political peeps and few oil and gas staff. Aside that it's basically a civil service state with low purchase power.
during my stay i was into online crypto trading, so it did not really bother after Uni, left when i found the place boring
Uyo is just good for holidays and retirees

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by MrHighSea: 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
hmm
this is strong
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Holluwhakemmy(f): 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
God will lead you through

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by NaijaCover(m): 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo, is expensive ooooo

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lagschools: 2:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

Where do you live currently?

What is your highest educational qualification?

How old are you?

What skills do you have?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Seagodess(f): 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
You don't have a job you go marry? Omo u get mind

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Johnboom: 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
If I were you I would advise you go to remote area where you can get cheap land. Invest in vegetables it takes just 3 weeks for you to make your money then start to rear animal. Goat is now hot cake. If you interact very well you can still least 1 hectare of land for just 5K. Agric is where the money is now.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by ozolity(m): 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.
Better use that 200k u intend to raise to start something where you are currently. Uyo is not different from that state

18 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by TheBTCinvestor: 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
post=122421160:
Uyo, is expensive ooooo

Ur waiting to post bad news about him and write RIP abi grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by NaijaCover(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Re-locate to ONITSHA, Anambra State, and thank , much better.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by udemzyudex(m): 2:03pm On Apr 10, 2023
EastAlchemist:
You are not smart and hardworking
You say that to make yourself feel good

Follow your heart sha

Which kind mumu talk be this, you that you're smart and hard working what help can you render to him?

21 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
You graduated 2018 you had no job and you still ran to get married. To make matters worst, you are even Igbo. Omho shocked shocked

23 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Sirchiboy: 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
This is the same mistake I made.
I relocated to ph after school but couldn't secure a job.
I have to go back to my village and start from square 1

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by nsesam(m): 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
Your story is pathetic. There are better opportunities in UYO. Many of my guys that relocated to uyo by have made . With time I'll relocate too though I'm from akwa ibom state. Pls Follow your heart and relocate fast but make sure you hand over the movement into God hand. I wish you the best bro

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Dialpad: 2:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
Where are you currently located and what skills do you have ?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by NaijaCover(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
Seagodess:
You don't have a job you go marry? Omo u get mind

@Seagodess, Thank God, for making , To come across you, through Nairaland

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by shadrach77: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
From your write up its obvious you've already made up your mind to do what you desire. You only brought it to the forum to seek validation. cry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by na2016: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I was in Uyo for 2 weeks and I love the environment and how busy it is. Also, when I check on Jiji, there are more job openings in Uyo than Enugu which was my initial plan.

What's your advice, pls?

I strongly advice you not to go to Uyo. Akwa Ibom is a civil service state. If you are not from that state it maybe difficult to earn 100k and above in a month ooo. Uyo is also expensive right now from what I hear. That your 200k won't get you a good accommodation in a decent area. Forget that clean pictures you saw ooo. Stay where you are if you can't go to Port Harcourt, Lagos or Abuja ooo

12 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Boykid9: 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
I stay in uyo

Can't really advise you to come over here.... It's peaceful tho, job opportunities are scares

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by mrvitalis(m): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I was in Uyo for 2 weeks and I love the environment and how busy it is. Also, when I check on Jiji, there are more job openings in Uyo than Enugu which was my initial plan.

What's your advice, pls?
Bros except u want to do business there is basically zero job in uyo maybe u want to drive Keke

Enugu is far better than uyo...with respect job

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Seagodess(f): 2:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
post=122421248:

@Seagodess, Thank God, for making , To come across you, through Nairaland
u dey Bleep up guy.. u dey fall my hand
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Aldol: 2:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lagos is full of opportunities, go to Lagos

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by ecomalchemistt(m): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook maeketplace, etc.

- go and learn how to run ads.

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Antai123(m): 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
Pray about it and shoot your shot asap!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Namigotalktru: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
I admire your courage. Uyo is not bad. If you are ready to work you will find work. First check the job sites (I n d e e d n i g) see if you can narrow down some interviews at least since you are going with your family.

Do you have where to stay? Narrow down some options.

Stylist jobs go dey for Madam you need to get her to start marketing online with pictures of styles for current clients and don’t let her just be going everywhere by herself until she knows the ground well.

No find Akwa Ibom man trouble o! Hm. They are not like many places where you will get away with quick mouth. They get hot o and many things fit happen.

All the best op let us know how it goes.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Winters23: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I need an accountant in port harcourt for my company, I wish I met u outside this forum

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Walai(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo is not for jobseekers unless you can venture into transport

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Voltron007(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

What's your advice, pls?
Dont go to Uyo. There are no jobs. Either move to Abuja or Lagos. But before you do. Get your drivers license.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers / Driveinhud Ranks Number 1 Travel App On Play Store!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.