Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance (22081 Views)

I Need Your Advice On Whether To Relocate To Canada Or Start Poultry Farm / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria / Duran Hotels, Uyo Forcing Employees To Surrender Federal Survival Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Investorozay: 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

Lies uyo is actually cheap

It's not cheap. Housing also went up last few years. When uyo was cheap u could get a nice flat for 200k. Today that won't get you self con in some areas

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Seagodess(f): 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
post=122422825:

I have already mail you on Nairaland forum
have seen your mail.and iam going to reply u

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by saintnegroid(m): 3:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Pls, I want to know if it's wise to relocate to Uyo without any job at sight?

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.
there are so many jobs in uyo, accommodation is cheap, once you have experience you can find job in uyo. The most predominant job here in uyo is marketing jobs.... They do not pay well in terms of basic pay but their commission is always huge. Any little thing you do here brings you money. I recommend you relocate if you really want to. But where are you currently based?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Rubbiish(m): 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
olalekanba:

I grew up in ondo state , I used to teach secondary students physics and maths before I gained admission and I continued whenever ASUU is on strike.

My concern is that you are married at 27, I would have suggested that you try and do your masters and PHD.
During which you can teach secondary school students , help undergrads do their assignments.
Since you are married your bills will keep raising and won’t go down. I pray someone will be able to offer you a job here and pls sit down and plan well the next 13 years are very crucial in your life.
The connection he needs to get a lecturing job can also get him a job with his accounting degree. I don't see any need for him to do masters for now.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by sucre: 3:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
Guy, my advice, don't relocate to Uyo with your family, worse of all taking a loan for feeding and accomodation.
Have lived in Uyo, I hear shege when I left the job that took me to Uyo.
Lagos is better for job seekers, but if your mind is set on Uyo, I wish you luck but go alone first and not with a loan o. E get why.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by BloomingDale(f): 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Dem just burn one young boy there today o. You better rethink this your decision.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by CeeJeckydivah: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You graduated 2018 you had no job and you still ran to get married. To make matters worst, you are even Igbo. Omho shocked shocked

Even go born pikin join.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
Investorozay:

It's not cheap. Housing also went up last few years. When uyo was cheap u could get a nice flat for 200k. Today that won't get you self con in some areas
I was in Uyo in Jan. Bro... Around power city, close to that popular round about where they got water fountain.. forgotten the name, Transportation and food is way cheaper compared to asaba. The hotel was just 10k standard with gym and swimming pool. Omo you go hold like 25-30k here in Asaba and Anambra to get that. My friend lives there as well, he pays 160k for a room and parlour. I know they're other expensive places. But things are way cheaper normally, even hookup girls dey take 3k for short time cheesy cheesy😂. For this side it's 8k on the average

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Exceed2014: 3:29pm On Apr 10, 2023
wahahlawahala:
Give it a try, don't loose hope

my brother I will advise you to stay where you are. I am from Akwa Ibom, there are no jobs here. The jobs here are civil service jobs and for the natives, even the natives no see the work do sef.
if you have the idea of coming to start up business then you can play your cards but for jobs? well if you have faith that you can make it in Uyo you are welcome. follow your heart. More grace

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by candygist: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I was in Uyo for 2 weeks and I love the environment and how busy it is. Also, when I check on Jiji, there are more job openings in Uyo than Enugu which was my initial plan.

What's your advice, pls?

Na environment go feed you ?
As your spirit leads

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by CeeJeckydivah: 3:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

I have a Bossom friend in Awka and he works in an hotel, he even advised me to try out Uyo and he will join me if it's works as we plan that Awka isn't favourable in job provisions. We all are graduates without external skills except internet skill.

At the end follow your instincts. Everybody grace different. If you feel you know how to arrange yourself in UYO no problem otherwise you should be looking for connect & move to Lagos. accountant can work anywhere. + With your web dev skills you can easily connect more in Lag

Lag won't be Easy. But if you avoid distraction focus on your family amd urself you should be alright. Or better still let the wife be in abia while you leave & hustle alone grin - don't be scared nothing will happen.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by CeeJeckydivah: 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lordofalmajiri:

I was in Uyo in Jan. Bro... Around power city, close to that popular round about where they got water fountain.. forgotten the name, Transportation and food is way cheaper compared to asaba. The hotel was just 10k standard with gym and swimming pool. Omo you go hold like 25-30k here in Asaba and Anambra to get that. My friend lives there as well, he pays 160k for a room and parlour. I know they're other expensive places. But things are way cheaper normally, even hookup girls dey take 3k for short time cheesy cheesy😂. For this side it's 8k on the average

You no get sense wetin concer hookup girl with person wey dey find daily bread.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Babydaddymateri(m): 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2023
Uyo bawo ? 😯

Why not try Lagos; if truly you're smart and hardworking ??

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by dhmore: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kindly, explain to me the job you ventured in to that made you rich from #1500 to #400k ! I am eagerly waiting my brother! I am a 53 years old married man from Lagos. My WhatsApp line is 08182028332. My name is Mr Akintola Ademola. Thanks & God bless
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
ekenweohia:

Hi man. If you would consider Onitsha, Anambra State, I could hook you up with a job that starts at about 50k.

Yes, I don't mind relocating to any part of the Eastern and Southern states if I can get a job. I will be pleased to come down to Anambra on your request any day. I can be reached through davidsamueltechs at gmail.com
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by dhmore: 3:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
TheManPregnant:

Hope it's not GNLD and MLM jobs you are referring to?! kiss

You need to start small and grow. This appears to be the challenge. You want big salary.

I started job hunting in 2018. I got paid N1,500 daily for my first gig. Now I am earning over 400k as take home after tax cheesy cheesy cheesy. Start small and grow. This Uyo thing no gell at all.
Kindly, explain to me the job you ventured in to that made you rich from #1500 to #400k ! I am eagerly waiting my brother! I am a 53 years old married man from Lagos. My WhatsApp line is 08182028332. My name is Mr Akintola Ademola. Thanks & God bless
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Hotice085: 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:
Good morning, Nlder's. Pls, I need your advice. I created this account just now to hide my identity.

Without wasting time on this, I need your advice as I want to take a blind step because i don't know what else to do.

I graduated since 2018 and since then, I don't have a good job till now. Just surviving that's what I am doing.

Currently, I asked my mom to help me secure loan of 100k while I source for another 100k from friends and relatives and repay in 6 months time. I have planned with my wife to secure a room apartment with at least 60k for 1 year and use the balance to hold ourselves till we get something better doing. This is because I want to relocate to Uyo to hustle with my woman and our only daughter. I can't leave my woman aside and travel to Uyo alone. I want her to join me either in 2 weeks time or 3. She is a stylist and can work as Chef. She is also educated with O'level and I have been taken her through computer lesson's.

Now, I don't have any job assurance in Uyo but I have made some contacts. The 2 person's I contacted said once I relocate, I should let them know to help me get job. Also, I don't mind dropping my certificate just to do any job till I get my dream job. I am also working to get myself a driving license certificate and ID in case, I get a driving job in Uyo.

Also, my current state is one of the worst ever as firms here don't pay there staff good money. Like some pay Accountants here 25k/month to work from Monday to Saturday.

Your ideas will be great. My other areas of relocating is Enugu, Port Harcourt, or Anambra. Pls, help a brother.

Get any skill, driving or buying and selling of foodstuff will put you in a good position
Forget job except you are truly a man of patience

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by olamilarks(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Hunger go waya you!
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by TheManPregnant: 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
dhmore:

Bros, what I did was not overnight. I got a job in an industry, improved my skills, gained valuable experience and moved from a small local firm to a bigger international firm in Nigeria within 5yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Odogwujoy: 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
SilentBurner:
Most problems we have are self induced problems.
Graduate, no job, no inheritance,
But married... How, Why

I'm still waiting for your private chat.
Thank you
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by theamazonguru(m): 3:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
meobizy:
Since you don’t believe a regular Nairaland account is required, I don’t believe you deserve a well-thought reply.

What has his nairaland account status got to do with his plight?
What is important is that he has laid bare his situation and pleads for help or counsel.
If you have offer, else keep it to yourself.

With or without your well thought reply, this guy will get to wherever God has destined for him.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Raalsalghul: 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
You graduated 2018 you had no job and you still ran to get married. To make matters worst, you are even Igbo. Omho shocked shocked

Why are you surprised Tensa?

Have you forgotten Nigerian men are more desperate for marriage than their women?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Why are you surprised Tensa?

Have you forgotten Nigerian men are more desperate for marriage than their women?

I understand but it's abnormal for an igbo man to make such stupid decisions.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Ameduedwin: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
[quote author=IRuinUrDay post=122334640][/quote]is like you never attend GNLD interview before? That's is why you want to relocate to Oyo before getting the Job. Why not went for the interview, get the job before relocate to That place or state. Things is not done like that nah. What if the loan you take expired before acquired a job what will you do, how are you going to pay back?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by pendusky(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

This is not advice, Bro. I have been sitting at the same place since December 2018 till now without a good job. Just from hand to mouth and you're advising I continue sitting there?

I need suggestions from you guys not for me to continue grinding like hell without success in a place without luck or chance of success.
So someone asked if I have a good accountant for him to employ in Uyo, seen you have good skills... Let's talk

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Regex: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I understand but it's abnormal for an igbo man to make such stupid decisions.

Shebi na how one of my guys weh no get handiwork nor skill nor anything that will bring in money except being a conductor, got his girlfriend pregnant and she had the baby.

Why are men so myopic like this... Omo, nothing fit surprise me again oh.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Jovin894: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Oga no jst try am .... Hungry go kill u for uyo ooo no job there at all d worst place ever ... And their Things are very cost there except transportations ....

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Mikekan30:

Bro if you need real jobs in Uyo just contact me on magnetmikeconsultant@gmail.com

I will link you up..( specifically you)

Live this ignorant people here who knows nothing.

Thanks, Sir. I have sent you a mail with davidsamueltechs at gmail.com
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by beejay4all(m): 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Go to Eket in Akwa ibom. Precisely at Alpademu. There are some company coming up seriously there. Excited

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Regex:

Shebi na how one of my guys weh no get handiwork nor skill nor anything that will bring in money except being a conductor, got his girlfriend pregnant and she had the baby.

Why are men so myopic like this... Omo, nothing fit surprise me again oh.

Like people just see poverty and choose it. This is Nigeria not the west where government can say okay take this amount for the child's upkeep and there's a ton of jobs. There's no even jobs. People suggesting Keke. Who go give am money to buy Keke. Keke is 1.5 million. Worst he's Igbo. An igbo man should be smart with his decisions as we aren't liked in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
pendusky:

So someone asked if I have a good accountant for him to employ in Uyo, seen you have good skills... Let's talk

Yes, Sir. I have worked as an Accountant since 2017 during my third year and which I used to clear my tuition bills then. Currently, I have wide knowledge in Accounting and managing firms funds. I will be pleased to forward my CV to you.

Also, I have sent you a private mail. My email address is davidsamueltechs at gmail.com to reach me directly.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Uyo Without Job Assurance by Qatar2022: 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2023
IRuinUrDay:

Yes, Bro. I have made so many inquiries today and last last, I'm satisfied with the feedback from everyone. I believe I will achieve something useful when I leave this place.
Good luck hustler , don't look back my brother follow your instincts

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Her Firm Increased Her Pay To Match That Of a New Job (Please Advise) / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries / Meet Some Of Dangote Truck Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.