Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,029 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? (2228 Views)

KINGS!! This MALE NAIRALANDER With Disability Needs Your ADVICES ASAP!! (Photos) / Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship / Jade Slavin To Find Love Because Of Her Height (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Yevabi(f): 12:57am On Apr 07, 2023
I was born deaf and dumb. I communicate through sign language and lips reading.

Unfortunately, very few people outside the deaf and dumb community understand sign language. This has been a huge hindrance to my dating and social life.

A lot of men back off when they find out about my disability. It is really depressing.

Share your experience.

16 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Caaz: 1:18am On Apr 07, 2023
Sweetie,you can still find cupid with people of your category.because it would be hard seeking love outside your circle.

Sha, anything is possible with love Sha.

12 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Rokiat(f): 1:40am On Apr 07, 2023
@poster, don’t give up just keep trying the right man for you will come. Just make sure you look really good. Keep your appearance up.

10 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by EbenezerTriumph: 1:42am On Apr 07, 2023
Yevabi:

Unfortunately, very few people outside the deaf and dumb community understand sign language. This has been a huge hindrance to my dating and social life.

A lot of men back off when they find out about my disability. It is really depressing.

Share your experience.
I Studied Special Education in the University so I understand and know I can even marry a disabled cos that's my line of profession.
Anywhere hit me up privately let's talk

4 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Foodqueen(f): 3:31am On Apr 07, 2023
Why not find love within your circle.

Its easier that way.

Av seen couples like that doing very well.

6 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by orisa37: 4:35am On Apr 07, 2023
THAT'S A SHOCK TO THE ATHEISTS.
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Jennyclay(f): 6:50am On Apr 07, 2023
Onefornaija7:

Does that sign language they make during functions while speeches are being made really mean anything?
Yes, the signs means alot!!

I could remember during my NYSC days, I was the vice president in my CDS, so we went to this special school to teach only the girls on sex education. During my speech, one of the teachers was demonstrating with signs language and the students could understand every single thing I said. They were even asking questions. The students will demonstrate the sign language to the teacher then the teacher will tell me the questions being asked by the students.

I was so impressed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Jennyclay(f): 7:12am On Apr 07, 2023
Onefornaija7:

Really.

So you can express all you just said now via sign languages?
No, I can't express through sign language, it was one of the school teachers that expressed all what I said to the students through sign language.

1 Like

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Yevabi(f): 8:56am On Apr 07, 2023
Caaz:
Sweetie,you can still find cupid with people of your category.because it would be hard seeking love outside your circle.

Sha, anything is possible with love Sha.

Thanks Sis.

1 Like

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Uziyl(m): 10:46am On Apr 07, 2023
2 days ago, I was discussing with a friend about something similar. I feel the gvt should in a way introduce sign language into the schooling curriculum just like every other languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) being taught in secondary school.
I feel people with this disability are neglected in the society.
I've already started learning on my own part, watching videos on YouTube.

12 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by sunshineV(f): 12:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
Uziyl:
2 days ago, I was discussing with a friend about something similar. I feel the gvt should in a way introduce sign language into the schooling curriculum just like every other languages (Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba) being taught in secondary school.
I feel people with this disability are neglected in the society.
I've already started learning on my own part, watching videos on YouTube.
Bleep sign language. the govt should introduce swimming classes instead. if you need to learn sign language, u know where to go
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by talk2hb1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 07, 2023
Yevabi:

Share your experience.
One thing I know for sure is that most people with disabilities are kind hearted , easy going, nice to be with, etc.
People tends to like them and perhaps fall in love with them when they relate for long.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Yevabi(f): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2023
talk2hb1:

One thing I know for sure is that most people with disabilities are kind hearted , easy going, nice to be with, etc.
People tends to like them and perhaps fall in love with them when they relate for long.

I am easy-going, friendly and I joke a lot. But my lack of speech and hearing make a lot of people run out of patience or get bored with me.

I enjoy my own company but it gets lonely

6 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Caaz: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
Yevabi:

I am easy-going, friendly and I joke a lot. But my lack of speech and hearing make a lot of people run out of patience or get bored with me.

Eeyah

1 Like

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Medianna(f): 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2023
talk2hb1:

True but not easy going
E be like deaf person never vex for you before,
They fight like fowl, e no dey end.
Whether physical or malice

3 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by talk2hb1(m): 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2023
Yevabi:

Only few people can relate with you, it’s a condition so just smile and be positive. Unfortunately Nigerians are not respectful to our différences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by IkeIgboNile(m): 12:40am On May 04, 2023
I think it'll be easier to find love with someone within your circle or someone who understands sign language.

A deaf and dumb couple lived on the same street with my family a while ago. They are really chatty people and are always chatting with people on the street and surprisingly lots of people do engage them in serious conversations.their kids don't have the disability.

I think government should do more to rise the awareness of sign language. They shouldn't be made to live like they are different from the rest of us.

1 Like

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Warl0ck: 11:29am On May 04, 2023
Op something is not adding up..
Who cum teach u how to read and write?
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Warl0ck: 11:30am On May 04, 2023
Yevabi:

Share your experience.
drop ur number let me call u
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Exceed15: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
Have positive approach to life. Do not feel lesser. Spend time with people who values you. Above, pray to God for guidance.
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by 100smile(m): 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
Bro ahswear you will not make heaven

ahh
Warl0ck:
Heaven far from you

2 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
So how do you manage to work. Or should I say how are you coping with work?

Yevabi:

Share your experience.
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by GodWrites: 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
Yevabi:

Share your experience.

Your disability is not the problem. Are you physically attractive? How often do you even smile or are you engrossed in your limitation so much that you become unapproachable? Do you even love yourself? How often do you show yourself kindness and care? If you don't love yourself with your flaws how would someone love you? Apart from marriage what other plans do you have for your life, or is marriage your end game? You need to self reflect. Most of our conversations today is via text, and that's why I believe your disability is not the problem. Your partner doesn't even need to learn sign language, but they will take that step to learn when they see a future with you. There are a lot of disabled people married to Prince Charming, and you will wonder if they are under a spell.
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by talented321: 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2023
Your story is touching, but the bitter truth is you have to face your fears, we all have our own weakness. Just believe there is time for everything
Yevabi:

Share your experience.
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by tightpuna(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Crazy man grin grin grin
Warl0ck:
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Davizee(m): 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Warl0ck:
What a dark humor
God have mercy
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Aklee4994(m): 11:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Yes, the signs means alot!!

I could remember during my NYSC days, I was the vice president in my CDS, so we went to this special school to teach only the girls on sex education. During my speech, one of the teachers was demonstrating with signs language and the students could understand every single thing I said. They were even asking questions. The students will demonstrate the sign language to the teacher then the teacher will tell me the questions being asked by the students.

I was so impressed.
You could remember that your over used pussy is been dig as at the time of filing this report...No peace for the misandrist
Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Phoenix873: 11:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Hmmmm. Story of my life.
I am deaf too, but not dumb, meaning, while I can't hear anything at all, I could speak quite fluently. I don't even understands sign language as I wasn't brought up with it and have never had any reason to learn it. I communicate strictly by lip-reading which isn't that effective but still ok.

My experiences in the dating world of non-deaf people has been all but regrettable. I always ended up getting used and taken for granted which usually makes me end the rubbish relationship soon as I have had enough.

Now, I just pipe low and stop trying to stress this relationship thing but instead focused on bettering my life more than it is now.

I understand your worries and maybe anxiety being that unlike me who is male, you are a female, and females are biologicaly time-constrained when it comes to their body/marriage/reproduction.

My advice for you is to never be desperate.
Be eager but don't show it or ever appear desperate, wicked heartless guys will take serious advantage to use,dump and inflict emotional pain on you. I am talking from my experience with my last two relationships with non-deaf girls.

I can see you are literate, so I assume you attended a special school for the deaf, right? If so, I had advice you to look within the school community of students and find someone like you whom you like to start a friendship with and see what comes out of it.

Don't stress it, what will be will be

I am also single now and we could connect and see what comes out of it.

2 Likes

Re: People With Disability, How Did You Find Love? by Phoenix873: 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Yevabi:

Share your experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of The Week / Three Stages Of Love / Virginity-a Crown Of Value Or Old Fashioned Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.