Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie (51509 Views)

Benjamin Mayor: Biden To Respond To Chimamanda Letter After Easter Break. / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by wahahlawahala: 10:16am On Apr 08, 2023
Jax1:

Pained criminal. Keep whining still it doesn't take away the fact that you are a thief.
Mumu man .. na u and ur international criminal tribe go live in sifia pains fr the next 8 years, ur wailing is just getting started.. if u like write letter to Osama bin laden, πŸ˜‚

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by bionixs: 10:21am On Apr 08, 2023
olabright31:

Lagos: Igbos hated Yorubas but want to die in Lagos

Power: Yorubas have always edged Igbos in power game

Wisdom: Yorubas ahead Igbos in wisdom, a reason why they are ahead in politocs and other aspects

Education: it is glaring

Water: SW is blessed with its contiguousness to the Altantic, South East is landlocked.

Respect and humility: Yorubas have culture of humility and respect for elders/instititions. Conversely na money dey detemine respect you earn in Igboland not your age or position in society, even the traditional institutions.

You want more?
Oga , this is petty.

An igboman has no time for this hate you are alleging.
No igboman would cross the niger bridge , sat for hours in a vehicle to Sw ,then arrive lagos and hate becomes his target.
Oga , we all have target incase no one has ever told you that. Hate doesnt build house in igboland. if you fail to bring something home when others are coming home , you have failed.

My observation in all of this igbo hate this and that is reverse comments.
A yoruba landlords have often been caught getting angry that this small omo ibo you just came to lagos few years ago , wearing slippers is now driving two cars and built a house.

Ahmed , my computer technician told me last month , when i ask him why they are are many in a shop; he told me that they yorubas couldnt get shop because igbos are ready to pay anything to get a shop but they dont have the money.He even pointed to me yorubas trading under umbrellas and told me that is what they could afford.

I bought the office complex where my wife has an office , just 10 years getting to the area. The former yoruba owners of the place were like 10 in number. They even collected agent and agreement from me again and when i asked why , they got angry. Today , almost all my tenants there are yorubas. to their amazement, i didnt evict them , i didnt increase their rent and i let them pay whenever they are able. it is only my wife that even knows when their rents are due. i have heard them not once or twice saying , ah this omo igbo who just came here not long, though some of them are not saying it in anger because they have igbo inlaws that are flowing well with them and are doing well
NO BUSINESSES OWNER WHO OPENS SHOP AND HATES DOES WELL, YOU THAT IGBOS DO WELL IN BUSINESS unlike your people, who will insult you if you dont buy at their price. If you like say anything to an igbo trader , he keeps begging you to buy each time you pass. No time to hate .

these are the sources of the hate
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 08, 2023
Saga16:

Without a doubt.

Perhaps you are impressed by the use of words in academic like writing style which are not even register words even if we were to assume it.

This is just a collection of figures of speech and long words, perhaps you would agree if you differentiate semantics from syntax.

This would not even pass IELTS writing.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by shinealight(m): 10:31am On Apr 08, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border

Try to engage the grey matter between your ears before making comments in public please! undecided undecided
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Saga16: 10:37am On Apr 08, 2023
Tutu82:

Perhaps you are impressed by the use of words in academic like writing style which are not even register words even if we were to assume it.

This just a collection of figures of speeches and long words, perhaps you would agree if you differentiate semantics from syntax.

This would not even pass IELTS writing.

Even if you read the works of Colson Whitehead, as long as he isn't writing in Obi's favour, you would label him a wimp of a writer.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by maasoap(m): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2023
I don't know why, I just don't like that lady since day one she came to limelight.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by nairalanda1(m): 10:43am On Apr 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
polls are predictions... It's like saying Man utd ll beat leceister city before match then on field leceister beat man utd.. nobody should rely on polls... Who told u those in villages don't make sound voting decision...

1.Yes, polls are predictions. But they can give accurate results , so long as the statistical methods are accurate.

To put it roughly, an accurate pre-election poll in Nigeria would have needed a multistaged sampling method...spread across as many states as possible. Even then, that needs a lot of time and effort...which is not possible 3 months to an election.

Conduct the elections 20 times Obi won't win... LP has no deep Roots like PDP APC...

APC won because they were united compared to PDP.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 08, 2023
Saga16:

Even if you read the works of Colson Whitehead, as long as he isn't writing in Obi's favour, you would label him a wimp of a writer.
It does not matter to me whose favour he is writing in at all as it does not matter.

I do not need to read Colson whitehead as he is not my yardstick for measuring good writing because i have Chinua Achebe and Ngugi wa thiongo here in Africa.

I would never use the word wimp for example as i do not insult people only say things as i see it.

I am talking about the writing style but since you choose pettiness then i agree to disagree.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Olam09(m): 10:53am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
A medical doctor wrote all these grammar. The southwest indeed owns the media. If the real writers start coming out of their enclaves, people will run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by mysteriousD: 11:04am On Apr 08, 2023
Gbogbowa:
the Truth is not bitter, only bitter peole hate the truth
Just One sentence where she lied.....
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by kunyeo(m): 11:05am On Apr 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

The reality of things is that Nigeria is about to enthroned a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known

Tinubu is a drug lord

That is the sad reality

The sad reality however is that this drug lord will rule over you and you will be helpless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by MT: 11:31am On Apr 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

The reality of things is that Nigeria is about to enthroned a Notorious narcotic drug trafficker the city of Chicago has ever known

Tinubu is a drug lord

That is the sad reality

And if majority of the citizen voted to choose this person as their president,what is your own concern?

Is democracy not a game of numbers?

Is it not an abberation that a person that comes a distant 3rd is now fighting for 1st?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Arapmoi22: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
olabright31:

Fool indeed. I understand your predicament anyway, you cant appreciate an intellectual write up if you lack intellect. Go school, "no na spare part I wan sell for LAGOS"

You got it man
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Arapmoi22: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
middlebelter:

The much vilified Soyinka supported Biafra during Civil War

Victor Banjo fought in Biafra army.
He was killed by Biafra.

Even Adebanjo will soon receive his own wotowoto.

Support an ingrate and reap costly price of your action.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by WOCKHARDI(m): 12:28pm On Apr 08, 2023
I don't understand all this grammar you so called educated people de blow. Wetin I know be say: Tinubu did not meet the Constitutional requirements and therefore should never be sworn in as the president. Doing so is tantamount to suspending our Constitution which is what Datti Ahmed is protesting against in advance.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by NwekereNdoki: 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
Only the first phrase told me he was a bigot.

Chimamamnda was raising key points that threatens our democracy and the clown went about talking about her tribe
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by sogodihno: 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
edungene7:
the greatest of cowards ever recorded in the history of mankind can be traced to yr kinsmen you wouldn't be an exception

It that the lie your father told you? Yorubas have been warriors, go and ask your fathers what happened to them when they want to take thier Biafra nonsense pass Ore.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by AK481(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2023
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by mrksquare: 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
In an ethnically diverse country like Nigeria, not conducting a credible, free and fair election is a threat to national cohesion and security.

If the fraud in INEC had conducted credible election, all these letter and counter-letter would not have arising.

But one fact I know is that Tinubu came a distant third position in my state of Rivers. How Wike changed the outcome is a matter for another day. And I believe it is the same scenerio that transpired in other states.

Let's tell ourselves the truth, the election that produced Tinubu was not credible. If he had won fairly, I believe the likes of Atiku, Obi would have congratulated him. Same way Jonathan congratulated Buhari and conceded defeat.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by BJanta: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border

Yes. It's needed only in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Arapmoi22: 2:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
BJanta:

Yes. It's needed only in Nigeria.

Thanks so much.
We don't have to be a slave to Merica in anyway.
The president-elect is a Nigerian and elected in Nigeria.
So our message is for ourselves.
We are second to none.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Enice(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2023
Smartguyboy:
Why are they worried about what she wrote ?
I thought she’s nobody?
Nobody cares or is worried about what she wrote! They just want to point out the fact that she is an ethnic jingoist. Someone who would accept an honour only if it is coming from someone from her tribal stock. If she can reject a national honour from an elected president, it means she is not interested in the affairs of the country. She's only interfering because a SEterner is involve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Menclothing: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

It doesn't change the fact that lagos is the second most unliveable city in the world

Currently, Ukraine is at war with Russia but people still live in Kyiv

Unlivable place with over 25m occupancy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Ofunaofu: 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Menclothing:

Unlivable place with over 25m occupancy

It doesn't change the fact that it is still an unliveable city
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Menclothing: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

You are living in dilution lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by juman(m): 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2023
She is just attention seeker.
The letter cannot achieve anything.

2 Likes

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Father4all: 3:37pm On Apr 08, 2023
johannu:

Foolish indeed.[/quote but I'm not as foolish as your father. Idiot

When I said "Foolish indeed," I agreed with you that the write-up was foolish. But you misunderstood me and abused my father.
son of a bi.tch
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Codes151(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
olabright31:

But baseless write ups from Igbos shows patriotism? Yoruba youths supporting Obi are nationalists, Igbos supporting Obi are Heros, Igbos supporting PDP or APC are traitors and Yorubas supporting Tinubu are tribalists, Notherners supporting PDP or APC are illiterates and bigots?
Who is foolish here?
I get you. I ain't igbo. I will support anyone. But reeks of tribalism is just anywhere.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Codes151(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2023
Odogwuzack:

You guys are always quick to accuse Yorubas of tribalism.

Adichie's letter reeks of nationalism right?
I ain't igbo. But I feel inec should clear the doubts.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Codes151(m): 3:45pm On Apr 08, 2023
OriOko88:

So what does Adichie writeup reeks of?? Dey play. undecided
I don't care about her. Neither am I igbo. I just feel inec should clear the air.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by EagleNest(m): 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
olabright31:

Rigged in Anambra, Enugu and Abia, where APC supporters were disenfranchised and killed

Let them protest rather than keeping quiet.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Arapmoi22: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Yet igbos doesn't want to go back to the most livable towns and cities like aba, umuahia, owerri, okigwe, awka, onitsha, Enugu, nsukka, abakaliki. Nowhere is more livable on earth 🌎 than listed above.

Anyways, no one knows these places outside Nigeria except Nigerians who lives outside.

Lagos is a beautiful place that has risen from it's ruins under military regime (1990-1999) to become the toast of the world.
I have worked with European and lived with them since 2010. They always lobby to come to the Nigeria branch of my office.
Lagos is sweet to them.
It is a sweet place to me too.

As soon as the rail network is improved upon, Igbos will have to cope with the pain of having nothing to cheer in their region except ipob.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

See How Atiku Was Mobbed When He Returned From US. Dele Momodu Shares Video / #BenueUnderAttack: 36 Persons Killed In Benue State (Graphic Photos) / BokoHaram Members Caught IDP Camp In Gwoza (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.