Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie (51480 Views)

Benjamin Mayor: Biden To Respond To Chimamanda Letter After Easter Break. / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by new2012: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
east votes have always been one way traffic...

not tribalistic again?
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Talibanis: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
We all know this MF writer is hell bent looking for political appointment by his drug lord. We know him very well, he was sacked by his previous employer and hence currently jobless. Moreover, he has been displaying psychotic tendencies for awhile. More updates later.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Maberu: 6:25pm On Apr 08, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Chimanda Adichie, the world knows, who know this Dele?

Dele I know , who is adichie. is she a prosti-tute or baby factory workers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Maberu: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2023
bionixs:
Oga , this is petty.

An igboman has no time for this hate you are alleging.
No igboman would cross the niger bridge , sat for hours in a vehicle to Sw ,then arrive lagos and hate becomes his target.
Oga , we all have target incase no one has ever told you that. Hate doesnt build house in igboland. if you fail to bring something home when others are coming home , you have failed.

My observation in all of this igbo hate this and that is reverse comments.
A yoruba landlords have often been caught getting angry that this small omo ibo you just came to lagos few years ago , wearing slippers is now driving two cars and built a house.

Ahmed , my computer technician told me last month , when i ask him why they are are many in a shop; he told me that they yorubas couldnt get shop because igbos are ready to pay anything to get a shop but they dont have the money.He even pointed to me yorubas trading under umbrellas and told me that is what they could afford.

I bought the office complex where my wife has an office , just 10 years getting to the area. The former yoruba owners of the place were like 10 in number. They even collected agent and agreement from me again and when i asked why , they got angry. Today , almost all my tenants there are yorubas. to their amazement, i didnt evict them , i didnt increase their rent and i let them pay whenever they are able. it is only my wife that even knows when their rents are due. i have heard them not once or twice saying , ah this omo igbo who just came here not long, though some of them are not saying it in anger because they have igbo inlaws that are flowing well with them and are doing well
NO BUSINESSES OWNER WHO OPENS SHOP AND HATES DOES WELL, YOU THAT IGBOS DO WELL IN BUSINESS unlike your people, who will insult you if you dont buy at their price. If you like say anything to an igbo trader , he keeps begging you to buy each time you pass. No time to hate .

these are the sources of the hate

all nyanmiris are crim-inals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:54pm On Apr 08, 2023
new2012:

not tribalistic again?
who tribalistic reach Ina insulting everyone like Nigeria owe Obi presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by edungene7: 7:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
sogodihno:

It that the lie your father told you? Yorubas have been warriors, go and ask your fathers what happened to them when they want to take thier Biafra nonsense pass Ore.
clown even in the slave trade era an Igbo slave is more expensive than any other itz not on any record that you cowards have fought any recognized war no wonder IBB said if I hear the drum of war coming out to find out that it was beaten by the Afonjas I would go back to sleep
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by itu404(m): 7:52pm On Apr 08, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Haba, e don do nah.
All this descriptors for one letter?

Nigerians and the need for bombast be like 5 & 6. grin
So nah Chimamanda pathway come generate this amount of opprobrium?

famished - like say e no chop belleful
Inglorious - like say e no get glory
perfidious - like say nah so so deceit and disloyality
labyrinthine - nah same tingz as serpentine nah
deathful - nah archaic word be this
dastardly - nah say e come dey diabolical, walahi

For this season of letter writing, wahala dey o.

bro, your sense of humor is welcome let us douse the tension, boo.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by new2012: 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
who tribalistic reach Ina insulting everyone like Nigeria owe Obi presidency

lol.. those not for u are from the other tribe.. nice one!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by sogodihno: 10:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
edungene7:
clown even in the slave trade era an Igbo slave is more expensive than any other itz not on any record that you cowards have fought any recognized war no wonder IBB said if I hear the drum of war coming out to find out that it was beaten by the Afonjas I would go back to sleep

That's the nonsense your parents told you, ask your great grandfather about ore, you should receive brain after that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by chaloskyx: 6:01am On Apr 09, 2023
Lol wetin concern me i kuku no dey stay for Naija before
abbey621:

What's the process to become your own sovereign nation and who has the authority to give una such status? I already gave you an example of the major food producing states in America but you still dey do strong head, I still use local example of Lagos sea port but you still dey dull, keep dreaming of your imaginary sovereign country, your grandfather also dreamt the same dream, nothing do you grin grin grin
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Boldkrammy: 6:54am On Apr 09, 2023
olabright31:

Fool indeed. I understand your predicament anyway, you cant appreciate an intellectual write up if you lack intellect. Go school, "no na spare part I wan sell for LAGOS"

Your case is a case of a boy who sometimes uses his mother's phones to visit nairaland. When men talk we know! Hope you will be taken to the amusement park today? Enjoy your Easter my boy!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Drsmartphilips: 11:01am On Apr 09, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Chimanda Adichie, the world knows, who know this Dele?
everyone knows him,he is a medical doctor not a letter writer,chimachimpazee is a lesbian and a faiied Igbo
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by benheaven(m): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
DELE AFELUMO IS SECOND MC OLUOMO. TINUBU Knows what happened and he lost. He has prepared for this for over 40 years. He has sacrificed much for this. YOU PEOPLE SHOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. I LOVE TINUBU BUT I CAN'T SUPPORT HIM TO BE MY PRESIDENT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T BRING JJ OKOCHA OR KANU NWANKWO TO COME AND PLAY IN THE SUPER EAGLES OR WORLD CUP TODAY. I KNOW TINUBU 'S CAPACITY BUT TIME HAS EXPIRED FOR HIM. HOW MANY PEOPLE REJOICED AT INEC DECLARATION OF TINUBU AS PRESIDENT ELECT. NIGERIA BECAME A GRAVEYARD THAT WEEK. PEOPLE NEVER VOTED FOR TINUBU AND PEOPLE ARE STILL RECOVERING FROM THE SHOCK AND BROAD DAY ROBBERY WHILE YOU PEOPLE ARE HERE SPUING SHIT. PLEASE DELE BE CAREFUL....
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by chiboycue: 3:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 1:

https://twitter.com/KemPatriot/status/1644312820450828289?t=YQ7e8vP07FmEc879GCAGzw&s=19

I sense a tribal war between yorubas and Igbos instigated by the yorubas.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Sewgon79(m): 9:48pm On Apr 11, 2023
utenwuson:
Apt...
Someone that rejected a national honor, came to her underdeveloped state in that same nation to have a chieftain title, now she's so interested in who becomes the president of the nation that tried to honor her and she rejected, simply because a "yes Daddy, tribal and religious bigot of an igbo man is contesting... do I blame her? Nooo....

She should write to macron of France and putin of Russia then to Kim of North Korea, no one will blink an eyelid, unfortunately, Tinubu that all the Easterners hate and abuse so much will be president till 2031..

If you want retrogresion in your life, just hate on who God has bless, from two term governor, to Senator to party leader to president.....

I will repost this again so that Yoruba can know where the Ibo/Igbo are coming from:

🦉
IGBO INFERIORITY COMPLEX
Our Elders talk about the man who was in search of trouble.
He has been looking for trouble all over the village but couldn't find any
So the elders of the village directed him to the house of the village pauper, the poorest man in the village. They told him to go and carry his lone fowl, the very one he has been nursing for several months and keeping for the next New y
Yam festival.
So he went to the man's house and when the man wasn't looking,he picked the fowl and bolted with it.
NOBODY knew peace in the whole village as a consequence of that action. The trouble and noise became so much that the whole village went in search of the man who carried the fowl of the pauper.
Infact the man who was looking for trouble had to rush there with the fowl, panting he dropped it and left.
Before he left he asked the man " What is it gan sef, just an ordinary ONE FOWL?"
Since that time our Elders have had the saying: “The man who steals the fowl of the village pauper has activated the same man who will talk him to devil!”
Why am I saying all these?
You people need to understand the Igbos, we really need to understand wherefrom they came and what has added to make them what they are today.
The Igbo people [ of the HINTERLANDS, TODAYS today's SE ] are a people who suddenly, belatedly, came into contact with civilization at a time that most other people had gone very far.
And they came with their very CUNNING INSTINCTS.
Do you know that from my friend's mother, I have always heard that the ANIOMA people of Asaba, Ibusa, Ogwashikwu etc dealt with the Igbos of the hinterland with EXTREME CAUTION AND DISTRUST?
A story is told that when the Asaba man had cause to cross the River Nigeria into Obosi, today's Anambra State, he would go round the entire length of his village to announce to his kinsmen that he was crossing the River Niger into Obosi.
It was because they NEVER TRUSTED the Obosi people of Anambra.
The Igbos of the hinterlands are people troubled by INFERIORITY COMPLEX and this worries them every minute of their lives and association with other people.
It is the problem they have had in Nigeria.
They have a mindset that you must accept that they DOMINATE YOU otherwise, where you don't allow them, it will appear to them that you have cheated them because they were Igbos [ from the bush ].
They are awed by your complex and advanced social order which they lack. They know it is way ahead of theirs but this angers them again. It eats them up as though it was your fault that you both grew up under different settings.
As the typical sufferer of inferiority complex the typical Igbo doesn't want to respect your own peculiar culture but he wants to let you know that his own culture is better than yours and he actually wants you to subscribe to his culture.
He wants his culture and way of life to rub off on you and probably subsumes yours.
It is a problem of inferiority complex.
The igbos [ of the HINTERLANDS, today's SE ] NEVER had anything like monarchies.
No, they didn't have.
The Asaba and other Ika Igbo tribes had but not those of today's SE IGBOS.
Monarchy - Igwe, Eze etc are very recent creations of the Europeans in Igbo land.
They never had it.
And it troubles them too.
Have you noticed that in nearly all Igbo communities and towns, you can hardly find a man who goes by the title " Eze whatever II of Amawbia" or " Okwadike Gburugburu III of Nnewi" ?
Very rare, if you ever find at all.
Everybody gets his title as NUMBER 1
Examples:
Eze Nwafor Ndiorioma I of Nnobi
Igwe Okwadike Gburugburu I of Ogunnabali
Gbogbotigbo I of Awka.
Eze Ndigbo Ogbuefi I of Lagos.
Sopuro Ngwo Warawara I of Kano
You just go an verify.
Anything that is Number 2 is a matter of psychological pain for the typical Igbo man.
It is infact the reason many of them are breaking their necks around the world for money, just to be RICHER THAN THEIR NEIGHBOURS, just so they can be identified as the Richest man in the community.
As far as the typical Igbo man is concerned - ANAMBRA IN PARTICULAR - MONEY answers all questions so they believe that MONEY is what all sensible persons must first get before CHARACTER.
It is the reason the Igbo man can't understand why all the Yorubas of Lagos can't oblige them by quitting Lagos and walking into Atlantic ocean when they, the Igbos, have all the money to buy all of them poor people.
The typical igbo man usually confuses RICHES WITH WEALTH.
His inferiority complex doesn't allow him to comprehend the fact that a man can be without money but exceedingly wealthy and can infact command such respect and recognition than the man with all the money.
It is the reason why the igbo man won't understand why a Professor Wole Soyinka will be talking about giving a reward of $1,000 in the same country where Chris Uba can conjure N10 Billion for same purpose yet you people don't listen to Chris Uba the way you listen to Soyinka.
The typical Igbo man doesn't understand that kind of setting and it hurts him. To him it is discrimination.
In Igbo land the man with the MONEY MUST BE THE TALKER, AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF ALL DECISIONS.
It is still the same problem - inferiority complex.
This is what you see when a Giringory Obi, a man who got a F9 GCE DEGREE from Night School, couldnt get NE and NW crucial votes, came distant 3rd, doesn't agree he lost on 25th February 2023.
He cant understand how a Yoruba man can be ahead of him.
Till this day, the Igbos haven't forgiven Prof. Soyinka for beating Prof. Achebe to the Nobel Literature Prize.
They take it very seriously. It is an ETHNIC issue for them.
Whereas Achebe wrote Things Fall Apart - a very excellent story - you still won't compare his workd to the many works of Soyinka.
The igbos will never agree.
It always have to be about and for the Igbo man.
The Nigerian structure that can be acceptable to the typical Igbo man is one where the Igbo man is on top of every single sphere in Nigeria's Government at the Federal and state level.
Give them that and you become the Friend of Ndigbo - A good detribalized Nigerian.
This is the mindset of the typical Igbo people - the WANNABE ZIONISTS.
A very funny people.
Anytime and everywhere you find some of them wannabe Zionists misbehaving just remember this post.
Thank you.
© Adedamola Adetayo
06 April 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Abuja Landlord Ejects Buhari Over N20 Million Rent - Newsdairyonline (2012) / People Waiting For Atiku For His Lagos Campaign Rally (PHOTOS) / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.