Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,995 members, 7,828,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie (51637 Views)

Benjamin Mayor: Biden To Respond To Chimamanda Letter After Easter Break. / Prof. Yemi Oke Writes US President Biden, PM Of Canada In Response To Chimamanda / Chimamanda Adichie Rejects National Honour From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Greggdekor007: 9:15am On Apr 08, 2023
When you are a bully, accepting that the game has changed always takes time.
So I believe it will take months for the bully Obidients to accept reality and move on. I give them 3 to 6 months, by the time they have the President-Elect's pictures hung all over their Public spaces. Lol.

Note- Before you keep shouting Rigging rigging rigging, visit the INEC iRev portal, as of today

Anambra state (less than 700 thousand votes cast) - 7 out of 21 LGA have the completed result uploaded

Lagos State (with more than 1.2 million votes cast) - 9 out of 20 LGA has the completed result uploaded
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Concepcion9ja(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2023
[b]One trading fellow with unscholarly :-english and dirty past did not win.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Jnkay: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2023
You can't defend APC and Tinubu without sounding stupid. I don't even know why my roll model Wole Soyinka middled himself into APC matter.

Very selfish APC.

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by bionixs: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2023
thedio:

PRESIDENCY
about twice i guess.
that is what you are that igboman is not , and wants to become a yoruba , right ? in that case , they should twice want to become hausas. hmm funny and interesting. i got your amswer.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Arapmoi22: 9:28am On Apr 08, 2023
Nigeria has produced only one Nobel Laureate in it's entire existence.
He is a Yoruba proud son.
Where he enters, Chinua Achebe will sit on the middle to back rows.

Here I read, who knows dele?

Do you know America has read everything Soyinka wrote about character deficiency and the fascism of Obi's followers?

Adichie is only wasting her time. America will listen to Prof. Wolex 1000times without checking any rubbish penned by a sobing girl.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by IVORY2009(m): 9:29am On Apr 08, 2023
salih74:

Yes Daddy

Drug daddy cheesy
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Arapmoi22: 9:30am On Apr 08, 2023
Greggdekor007:
When you are a bully, accepting that the game has changed always takes time.
So I believe it will take months for the bully Obidients to accept reality and move on. I give them 3 to 6 months, by the time they have the President-Elect's pictures hung all over their Public spaces. Lol.

I agree 💯%.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by profmallor: 9:30am On Apr 08, 2023
Good response. Last American elections were not perfect, did you see any Nigerian writing to the UN to annul their election.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by olabright31: 9:31am On Apr 08, 2023
If a Medical Doctor could pen such a brilliant and beautiful piece.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by thedio(m): 9:32am On Apr 08, 2023
bionixs:
about twice i guess.
that is what you are that igboman is not , and wants to become a yoruba , right ? in that case , they should twice want to become hausas. hmm funny and interesting. i got your amswer.
No four times
One as military head,another as head of interim govt u r clamouring for and the other two u know
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by bionixs: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2023
VTJN:
The impact was the reason why your kinsmen are refugees in South West. The impact was the reason why south west is the most developed region in Nigeria with highest concentration of foreign investment.

Wait for 4-8 years of Tinubu presidency Nwanne 🤣
brother , i can see that you are living in togo. it has been a while you came home last. If how igbos live in SW is what you call ,'like refugees', i wonder what you call how your people live in Lagos.

last time i checked , SW is Nigeria and they have the FULLRIGHT to live there and buy all your lands the way most of your lazy brothers are selling it.

For all these obnoxious comments and remarks you people are now free to make about igbos in their own country because of the man in government presently , mark , my word , i remind you when the time comes. keep committing
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 1:

https://twitter.com/KemPatriot/status/1644312820450828289?t=YQ7e8vP07FmEc879GCAGzw&s=19
Dr Sesquipedalian,
I see no need to write a letter with so much fancy and complicated language when a simple one can communicate the same message.It reads like a desperate attempt to sound learned and your audience reach is reduced.
We try too hard.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by zachanalysis: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2023
[quote author=cktheluckyman post=122364004] grin WTF is he? I can't waste my precious time reading rubbish from a nonentity [/quote Yet, you guys compare that intellectual dwarf to WS. It's like comparing a kindergarten pupil to a man with multiple doctorate. Most of the respondents to Adichie's ill-thought letter to President Buden so far are just worshipers of WS and they are doing a good job on that bloody tribal she-goat. By the time the highly cerebral Southwesterners start to unleash on that uncultured feminist, it will be like a Tsunami. When you guys want to throw your weights around, look for softer targets cause we here in the South-West are born worriors who are ready to give it back to you hot hot.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by edungene7: 9:40am On Apr 08, 2023
sogodihno:

We are ready for you, let's see who win, but I promised you that you all will be crushed totally, ten thousand of your fathers can't stop Tinubu
the greatest of cowards ever recorded in the history of mankind can be traced to yr kinsmen you wouldn't be an exception
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 08, 2023
Saga16:

He's a practising medical doctor.

Well read and obviously good at writing.
This is good writing?.

1 Like

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by BigBen23(m): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2023
Whatever he wrote can only be seen and read within. E no fit go far
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2023
Felabrity:
Wtf is he?

His Bulaba letter no go pass Nigerian border
Lol, go school una no go gree na to dey open 2by2 shops upandan...the letter is on the Internet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Saga16: 9:50am On Apr 08, 2023
Tutu82:

This is good writing?.

Without a doubt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Boldkrammy: 9:50am On Apr 08, 2023
Gabriel004:
Mumu, I should give you his achievement, being a medical practitioner is an achievement on its own, now what did your father achieve in life?

Calling me mumu is enough evidence you don't worth my time and intellectual get together! And to help you, if being a medical doctor is an achievement, everyone is an achiever in their different areas. I said a 'GROUNDBREAKING' achievement! Bye!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:50am On Apr 08, 2023
GreatrAnalyst:

Did you even read her writing at all?

Is it possible for another country's President to annul another's election?

Why didn't USA congratulate Nigeria immediately election was concluded like those countries who did ever since?
Why until Lai Mohammed came around to US, to force a congratulatory message out of them?

She didn't expect US to cancel anything, US could have as well kept or maintained their silence they have held into since.

She didn't throw away her citizenship of Nigeria, if she decided to say something which many less than her paygrade have been saying, why crucifying her?

Wole Soyinka refused national award.
China Achebe refused national award.
Gani Fawehinmi refused national award.
And so many others.
She refusing national award doesn't make her opinion equal to noise making.

I am not really her fan, but it is odious and unthinkable for APC and their ilks to think people who feel cheated should keep dumb-silent just because they won. Did they actually win, free and fair, is a question begging answer.

If it were the other way round, would APC keep silent?

All the years of PDP, the records of unprintable things that AD, AC, APC and Buhari's former party did and said are out there in the media.
Funny enough, APC in power today has done more than they ever accused PDP of doing. So, what really is the issue of not being tolerant when opposition speaks up?

Hypocrites and bandwagons
the US rep in Nigeria has congratulate tinubu already besides whether Biden use trumpet to congratulate tinubu or not how ll that stop tinubu presidency... Nigeria is a sovereign state simple...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by olabright31: 9:52am On Apr 08, 2023
bionixs:
what does SW have that you think Igbos want to have or become? Just mention one .

I am waiting….

Lagos: Igbos hated Yorubas but want to die in Lagos

Power: Yorubas have always edged Igbos in power game

Wisdom: Yorubas ahead Igbos in wisdom, a reason why they are ahead in politocs and other aspects

Education: it is glaring

Water: SW is blessed with its contiguousness to the Altantic, South East is landlocked.

Respect and humility: Yorubas have culture of humility and respect for elders/instititions. Conversely na money dey detemine respect you earn in Igboland not your age or position in society, even the traditional institutions.

You want more?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by olabright31: 9:54am On Apr 08, 2023
Heffalump:
Mr Grammar, no amount of English will save you and Tinubu.
We are wiser than you think.
The whole world knew Tinubu rigged and procured electoral victory.
If he did, he won’t survive it.

Wait till he is sworn-in. You guys feel you can bully and misbehave. Just wait

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:55am On Apr 08, 2023
nairalanda1:

Problem with polls in Nigeria..

1,Peterside was not the only person that conducted polls...a lot of people conducted polls.

2.The problem with the polls...all of them, was that they were limited to educated city dwellers. The group that was most likely to support Peter Obi because he is one of them, regardless of tribe

Eg...Bloomberg's poll...was conducted by phone-in...which was concentrated around cities. That's not very accurate

3.A more accurate poll would have been conducted around villages, towns and as many states as possible. Such polls take time, money and effort which most pollsters do not have.

iF i was doing the poll, I would have done it in 24 states, using 5 -6 lga per state and also the state capitals. That's a lot of travelling, journeys and so on, and we haven't even talked about how we would sample within LGA and villages. All that adds up to MONEY...because the people administering the questionaire won't do it for free.

4.Anyway, the polls were right in the sense that they did predict most people did not support APC.
polls are predictions... It's like saying Man utd ll beat leceister city before match then on field leceister beat man utd.. nobody should rely on polls... Who told u those in villages don't make sound voting decision... Conduct the elections 20 times Obi won't win... LP has no deep Roots like PDP APC...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by olabright31: 9:56am On Apr 08, 2023
Boldkrammy:

Which grammar? He was trying hard to measure up to the poetic and oratoric power of chimamanda, alas! He made a whole fool of himself with his outlandish jargon!

Fool indeed. I understand your predicament anyway, you cant appreciate an intellectual write up if you lack intellect. Go school, "no na spare part I wan sell for LAGOS"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Bigshots001(m): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 1:

https://twitter.com/KemPatriot/status/1644312820450828289?t=YQ7e8vP07FmEc879GCAGzw&s=19

The stupid baby that wrote this piece of shit is nothing but a Judas Iscariot who could sell out the whole goodwill of the citizenry for a porridge of yam, it's not enough to write a piece of literature just to slander,redicle and maligne someone's else, let's look at the whole glorious or inglorious election that produced the druggie and which his fanatic goons are praising and forcing down our throat.
I hope the big baby that wrote this shit will be very active and swift like he did with Adichie and also to go back and respond to everyone who has criticize this shambolic election irrespective of their tribes,if he can't do so,then just like BH's Shakarau,MC Oluomo and Simon Ekpa, he is also an enemy of the state, the piece of trash he wrote is as much disservice as the activities of the individuals I compared him with.
I don't rated educated and refined idiotic and clownish gentlemen who can write perfectly,but has refused to make use of their conscience and good judgement.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Bigshots001(m): 10:04am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 1:

The stupid baby that wrote this piece of shit is nothing but a Judas Iscariot who could sell out the whole goodwill of the citizenry for a porridge of yam, it's not enough to write a piece of literature just to slander,redicle and maligne someone's else, let's look at the whole glorious or inglorious election that produced the druggie and which his fanatic goons are praising and forcing down our throat.
I hope the big baby that wrote this shit will be very active and swift like he did with Adichie and also to go back and respond to everyone who has criticize this shambolic election irrespective of their tribes,if he can't do so,then just like BH's Shakarau,MC Oluomo and Simon Ekpa, he is also an enemy of the state, the piece of trash he wrote is as much disservice as the activities of the individuals I compared him with.
I don't rated educated and refined idiotic and clownish gentlemen who can write perfectly,but has refused to make use of their conscience and good judgement...
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by zachanalysis: 10:04am On Apr 08, 2023
kingsways:

Afelumo is a nonentity and not qualified to respond to the great Chimamanda
What made her great? Because she won orange prize for literature? The problems with Igbos is that every little achievement gets into your heads so much so that you rub it in others faces. Something wey many African and East European writers don win tire. I hope you don't break your rib cage as result a result of over-chestbeating.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by seguno2: 10:05am On Apr 08, 2023
VTJN:
Another 8 years of wailing🤣

Glory be to God.
You have surely not been wailing since 2015 because you buy fuel at the N40 promised by Tinubu and Buhari’s APC, just as you have been enjoying the stable 24/7 electricity, N1 to $1 rate, three million jobs per year etc.
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by olabright31: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2023
EagleNest:
All the attacks, twisting and name callings would not change the fact that February 25 election was abusively rigged. Simple!

Rigged in Anambra, Enugu and Abia, where APC supporters were disenfranchised and killed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by Juju70(m): 10:11am On Apr 08, 2023
Arapmoi22:
Nigeria has produced only one Nobel Laureate in it's entire existence.
He is a Yoruba proud son.
Where he enters, Chinua Achebe will sit on the middle to back rows.

Here I read, who knows dele?

Do you know America has read everything Soyinka wrote about character deficiency and the fascism of Obi's followers?

Adichie is only wasting her time. America will listen to Prof. Wolex 1000times without checking any rubbish penned by a sobing girl.

You wish!
Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by olabright31: 10:13am On Apr 08, 2023
Codes151:
All these write up from Yorubas reeks of tribalism.
It's simple!!!
Inec should come out and prove the results.
Or we all shut it and let the courts act.

But baseless write ups from Igbos shows patriotism? Yoruba youths supporting Obi are nationalists, Igbos supporting Obi are Heros, Igbos supporting PDP or APC are traitors and Yorubas supporting Tinubu are tribalists, Notherners supporting PDP or APC are illiterates and bigots?
Who is foolish here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dr Dele Afelumo's Response To Chimamanda Adichie by middlebelter(m): 10:15am On Apr 08, 2023
muhammaduyusufu:
Part 1:

The much vilified Soyinka supported Biafra during Civil War

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Faces/Images On The New 5000 Naira Note / A Man Who Celebrated N1Billion In Bayelsa Is Poor Now / How Akpabio & Wike Greeted Sultan Vs How They Greeted Other Traditional Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.