Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was (50965 Views)

Charly Boy Wishes Buhari A Happy 76th Birthday. See How (Photos) / Charly Boy Mocks Rochas Okorocha: 'No Go Hang Yourself' / Charly Boy Joins Shiites' Protest In Abuja(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by NAC1666: 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/areafada1/status/1644585830722183169?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA
What where you expecting.
Example off what hungry can cause just like FFK
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Saga16: 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Why will any Dunce say he can't speak where Wole Soyinka is speaking? sad

Who is Wole Soyinka btw? Is he an Inventor? undecided

Do Pple live their Lives by Big Grammar? 😏

Soyinka is a creator.

He won awards for his creation.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Mercury12(m): 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
Charley boy wey no normal. Single shame the oputa no get

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Chucks13: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
Honestly I thought Charlie man get sense before but I never knew his mental status these poor.

I think Deji should reply him because I remember when we started Save Nigeria with this betrayer, he went behind to collect N100m without our knowledge and backed out and went muted he is now the one talking ba?

Charlie, shishi you won't get this time around. If you like continue doing your compare and contrast shit good luck to you but shishi you will not get from the govt.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Apr 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://twitter.com/areafada1/status/1644585830722183169?s=46&t=oGAxjhiGeufNKlYA6fDTyA

If Soyinka criticised Datti Ahmed, how does that now concern chinua Achebe? Did Soyinka mention chinua Achebe when criticising Datti Ahmed?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Mrvictorwrite(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
Look who is talking. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by DeepSight(m): 6:02pm On Apr 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Why I love God is that he always make Yoruba triumph, we have bested the Ibos in all strata of achievement if we go head to head.

This is why you love God?
Interesting.

What a limited tribalistic God he must be then.
Ah! Just like the God of Israel - who was rooting for Israel above all nations. As "his" chosen people!
I see! I get it now. That's the way this chap rolls right? Tribe by special tribe.

Well done.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by TrumpDonald2: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
LegendHero:
Achebe died an envious unfulfilled man and legend has it that envy for Wole Soyinka contributed to his death.

Why I love God is that he always make Yoruba triumph, we have bested the Ibos in all strata of achievement if we go head to head.

Below is Prof. Wole Soyinka telling the world how embarrassed he was on the kind of envy and hatred Achebe showed when he won the Nobel Laureate.

Soyinka is more of just a novel writer, he is an icon. A million Achebe can not measure up to him.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Your case is irredeemable.

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Ikesimon(m): 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2023
This last election really caused a great division between the Yorubas and Igbos, all to the advantage of the North.

8 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by jaxxy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2023
People and majorly apc will turn this into a tribal thing rather a thing rather than face the objective truth.

I wish igbos can leave wole soyinka to his opinions as much as I know he deserves the criticism for his current statement on the elections which alot have been unclear and misconstrued.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by zachanalysis: 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
Yes of course. Wole Soyinka can never be Achebe. One won the prestigious Nobel prize while the other died in anguish for achieving nothing substantial.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by DOptical: 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hedonini:
Of course. I lost respect for the old fool the moment I discerned that he was just another rodent in Tinubu's cookie room. The idiot whose voice of condemnation was very loud against the Jonathan administration somehow retreated into his shell and became deaf and dumb throughout Buhari's disastrous 8 years of sorrow.

Now after a sham election has supposedly produced a bloody thief and drug baron as president, the useless Soyinka has found his voice again, not in condemnation of the election or of the disreputable criminal that was dubiously pronounced winner, but against the people yearning for a change. Obedients are repugnant fascists and he is ready to do a debate with Datti, but he conveniently has nothing to say about INEC, Tinubu, and the APC. This is the final straw.

And did Tinubu rule you or your family?

Why would Soyinka call out Tinubu when he's not the President of Nigeria? Tinubu is still the most decorated governor out there! Peter Obi can't even clean the feet of Sanwo Olu, let alone Tinubu in term of legacies! And don't forget to note into your brain at all times, Tinubu didn't rule you or your Papa! He's not part of any federal administration! Leave that man alone!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by CursedOsuPigs: 6:05pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hedonini:
Of course. I lost respect for the old fool the moment I discerned that he was just another rodent in Tinubu's cookie room. The idiot whose voice of condemnation was very loud against the Jonathan administration somehow retreated into his shell and became deaf and dumb throughout Buhari's disastrous 8 years of sorrow.

Now after a sham election has supposedly produced a bloody thief and drug baron as president, the useless Soyinka has found his voice again, not in condemnation of the election or of the disreputable criminal that was dubiously pronounced winner, but against the people yearning for a change. Obedients are repugnant fascists and he is ready to do a debate with Datti, but he conveniently has nothing to say about INEC, Tinubu, and the APC. This is the final straw.

When was the last time you checked your BP?🀣

14 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by eneye1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2023
I love the way these people are pained. igbo people should build bridges. Igbo people should tell me one one culture supporting them?

Please, life is about alliance not hatred.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by diggindeep: 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
Exactly what Rice, Pots and Pans professor deserves.
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Emekaonline: 6:08pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hedonini:

You and your useless father can never measure up to Soyinka. I bet you will not even grow old to his age. Because you were bought by your useless father from baby factory and so you have no respect for anyone. May you experience disgrace and disappointment. Omokomo

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by FatherofAsaad: 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
Who takes Charlie boy serious

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by babtoundey(m): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2023
MikeofAfrica:

Soyinka got the Nobel prize through the lobby of IBB Government.

If Achebe has bow to IBB, he would have also lobby for him to get the Nobel prize.

Because it's a national prize that was anchored controled by IBB. bittered goat!
Achebe too should have lobbied with Ojukwu to secure his own prize. Nonsense and ingredients.

Most of you are born with envy and bitterness.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Krugisback(m): 6:11pm On Apr 08, 2023
muykem:
Igbo hatred for Yorubas is hereditary. Even Abiola lost in South east in 1993.
did ojukwu or obi win all the south west , hypocrites

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by SmartyPants(m): 6:13pm On Apr 08, 2023
Guestlander:
Obidients doesn't have any respect for anyone. If Obi himself should say something they don't like, they will promptly pounce on him.

Indeed. Datti said there was no Lekki massacre and they all kept quiet.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by splashbaby(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
LegendHero:
People should see the hypocrisy of the Ibo people.

They will lie that they are supporting Obi not because of tribe but yet anytime a Yoruba man speak against their candidate, they start accusing the person of tribalism and etc.

Why did Charley boy compare Soyinka to Achebe if not for tribalism? The hateful Chimamanda also mentioned he supported Obi because he is Ibo but if a Yoruba man says that we won’t hear word online again.

In all this, I’ve not seen the useless Falz and Marcaroni come out to condemn this assault on our living legend, but the useless guys will be online to cry about tribalism when a Yoruba celeb give it to these guys hot.
Na foolish Falz and that elete rubber bi furo elede wey call himself skit maker I blame. They don’t know that their agitation have been hijacked and Igbos are using their head to score ethnic points. Collectively you will know that they are few sensible people in Igbo land.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Iykenuwa(m): 6:15pm On Apr 08, 2023
Where is the lie?
Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by biaframaster200: 6:16pm On Apr 08, 2023
LegendHero:

Tell charly nonsense....that one of his tribemen should even strive to achieve Novel Laurtete first....and don't forget ...he achieve this when he was still a Youth.....

Yoruba people no be una mate for academics...Yoruba people. lead in academics I'm the whole of Africa while. others tribe followers......

Charley wey no get himself dey talk rubbish....Respect kill you there

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
danvon:
Wole Soyinka brought cultism to Nigeria he has played a big role in the degradation of Nigerian morals, however criticizing him based on politics and not on his own works is extraordinarily foolish.

But when the confrats sang "e dey shake" u didn't know that then abi? Smh

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Diligence: 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2023
Soyinka of Pirates...See Cultist, See Terrorist...Taa!

How can anybody compare C. Achebe with Soyinka.

Soyinka is at the level of this Edo law maker who likes sounding bombastic.

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Aprocco: 6:18pm On Apr 08, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Ur head nor Correct, Sir. πŸ˜•

Justice Oputa, of the Famous Oputa Panel that invited IBB, Gani Fawehinmi,etc? shocked

U think we are talking about Festus Keyamo?

U Smoke Ciga this Morning? 😏

Lol.

Justice Oputa of Supreme Court of Nigeria is not in league of Wole Soyinka of this world; a Nobel laureate be it in physics, literature or any field at all is a once in a life time occurrence. I remember WS, Desmond Tutu, Mandela and only a handful in that league in this African generation.

To put in proper context, place Mandela, Obama, WS, Desmond Tutu, Dalailama, now place Justice Oputa in the fray. You would instantly spot him as the odd one out.

WS nor be Charly Boy papa mate.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by HayB100(m): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2023
Hedonini:

Rest, if not in peace, all this shit you typed up there won't put put Obi in power, you are all still pained and you will forever be in pains, una never see anything 🀣🀣🀣🀣

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Enemyofpeace: 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
These people are just too full of hatred for the Yorubas. Your hatred won't stop the sun from shining nor see us rushing to live in your part of the country. Keep hating, you'll never smell the seat of power, today, tomorrow and forever.

14 Likes

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by profmallor: 6:20pm On Apr 08, 2023
People have had enough of the obidients, its pound for pound now, I thinks thats better its stabilizes the craziness that has now engulfed us all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy Said Wole Soyinka Can Never Be The Man Achebe Was by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2023
babtoundey:

It's always come to that. You deride what you can't achieve. Anyways, you too should have awarded Achebe Anambla-Oweli Nobel prize to feel great. Bitter goat!

I see sarcasm really flies over you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Lagos Police Inspect Markets And Buses To Ensure Compliance With LASG Directives / Bolu Okupe, Doyin Okupe's Hot Son, A Manchester Based Student / Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.