Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria (22383 Views)

Wasted: How Billions Spent On ‘Nigeria Air’ Went Down The Drain / Governor Udom Commissions Anua-Mbak-Ishiet Road, Outfall Drain In Uyo (Photos) / Fuel Queues Continue In Abuja Despite Nnpc’s Denial Of Fuel Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by klbakare(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
The people who commented on this thread are largely stupid. Plain stupid. I mean it in the very literal sense of stupidity.

What was compared is the minimum wage! Damn! What's the minimum wage in Nigeria? 30k? Will Nigerian doctors earn minimum wage abroad? The least an entry level doctor will earn in the UK is 2500 pounds monthly. What's you people problem?

Will anybody earning 30k naira per month not prefer to earn five hundred plus in Bulgaria? I leave you to your stupidity.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Mdtoba(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrBiGGEST:
Making your own money in Nigeria is still the best option.
for those shouting are u spending the money in naira ,the minimum wage is 18 or 30k depending on which state and where u work
Can u survive on a salary of 30k per month?
Moreover someone working in UK and earning a minimum wage of 1500 pounds will still live comfortably

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by press9jatv: 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Relocating abroad for greeners pastures is the best of you ask me seriously.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
etrange:

Respectfully speaking, this analysis is watery to say the least. Converting what you're paid in Euro to Naira when you don't leave in Nigeria or make your expenses in Naira is as useless as the k in knife. The person earning over €1,280 a month over there is very poor and can hardly afford half of what someone earning 500k in Nigeria can afford. Do you know the cost rent, electricity, water, heating, internet, phone bills, groceries, transport, etc. in the country? Did you forget all these expenses will also be in Euro? Did you forget tax which takes a good deal of the income? Y'all really think those that leave abroad wouldn't have been Naira billionaires if it was all about currency conversion? Lmao...

Will tax take more than half of your monthly salary? Remember, I used the poorest EU country for this analysis. So what will you say for a thriving country like Luxembourg?

How many graduates earn up to 150k per month in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Mdtoba(m): 4:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
klbakare:
The people who commented on this thread are largely stupid. Plain stupid. I mean it in the very literal sense of stupidity.

What was compared is the minimum wage! Damn! What's the minimum wage in Nigeria? 30k? Will Nigerian doctors earn minimum wage abroad? The least an entry level doctor will earn in the UK is 2500 pounds monthly. What's you people problem?

Will anybody earning 30k naira per month not prefer to earn five hundred plus in Bulgaria? I leave you to your stupidity.

Cheers!
tell them o
a bag of rice is around 50k

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 4:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mdtoba:
for those shouting are u spending the money in naira ,the minimum wage is 18 or 30k depending on which state and where u work
Moreover someone working in UK and earning a minimum wage of 1500 pounds will still live comfortably

Abeg tell them. How many graduates earn up to 500k a month in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by nedekid: 4:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Op, please place the blame where it belongs. Apc.
My bother before he left for the US had a side consultation that paid him 125k monthly. I would then convert and send the money to him.
It was about 900+ dollars. Like play like play, that money started reducing jn value until it became less than 200$!
At sometime he abandoned it say e no worth am.
When apc took over $ was 150. It went higher to 180 due to elections and wold have come back to 150 after politicians wold have changed their loot after elections.
If your earned 150k then, you made $1k usd monthly. Today your 150k is just $200.
No be juju be that?
Automatically, apc moved over 100m people into poverty. Destroyed the middle class. Even if you earn 750k monthly in naija, you are making just $1k a month.
Nigerians are poor now, but that do not know it. If they did, I doubt they would have voted APC again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 4:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
eyinjuege:
You shouldn't work abroad and be converting the money to the naira equivalent
Your bills abroad are not paid in naira.
Always remember this

Even at that, the difference is very clear. If 1 Euro was 1 Naira, will you be able to send any meaningful thing home to your loved ones?
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Would the Nigerian earning that amount of money be sleeping under the bridge? What of feeding? Will he be trekking to work every day? What of cost of Internet data subscription, water and energy rates? Eventually, you may not even be able to save 250k out of it each month. If you now own a car, you pay more.

But if you're in Nigeria and earning up to that 500k as your take home after taxes, you're far better off cos you spend less and save more. Anyone who earns up to this amount here but still wants to japa may soon regret it. Japa with sense

How many people earn up to 500k in Nigeria?

Is 500k the minimum wage in Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by lexy2014: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrBroke:
This ona dump people calculation dey tire me, always converting one currency to another without analysis purchasing power and economical differences. Travel to those countries and get paid and see how the same things are if you spending thay same amount there. Make ona try get sense abeg

How nigerians (even graduates) earn up to 500k a month in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by MrBiGGEST(m): 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
Mdtoba:
Ok 👍🏽
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Buharidgeneral: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Would the Nigerian earning that amount of money be sleeping under the bridge? What of feeding? Will he be trekking to work every day? What of cost of Internet data subscription, water and energy rates? Eventually, you may not even be able to save 250k out of it each month. If you now own a car, you pay more.

But if you're in Nigeria and earning up to that 500k as your take home after taxes, you're far better off cos you spend less and save more. Anyone who earns up to this amount here but still wants to japa may soon regret it. Japa with sense

I know people that earn more than that with family of 5 and be relocating to Canada anytime soon
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
lexy2014:

How many people earn up to 500k in Nigeria?

That's not my point. 500k won't take you anywhere in any EU country. No be same EU wey we dey always go? Life in Europe is.much more expensive than that of US or Canada.

Even if you earn half of that in Nigeria, you're much more better off.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by MeineMutter: 4:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
oluayebenz:

Bulgaria is very expensive damn.

Cost of living is high

Source? You people will just open mouth waaaaa. Have you gone out to find out latest statistics are out there?

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 4:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
Buharidgeneral:

I know people that earn more than that with family of 5 and be relocating to Canada anytime soon
Ooh, bravo! Good luck to them cheesy

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by oluayebenz: 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
IIdamuAdugbo:
and your brain did not tell you the individual will save and invest in naira
I don't argue with simp
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
Forget the money for a second.

Oversee is attractive.
Career growth and recognition is faster.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by etrange: 4:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
Rapmoney:

Will tax take more than half of your monthly salary? Remember, I used the poorest EU country for this analysis. So what will you say for a thriving country like Luxembourg?

How many graduates earn up to 150k per month in Nigeria?

Even with extremely low tax, the comparison you made would still be wrong, bro. Someone that earns that amount in that country can't even afford a very good one bedroom to sleep in at night. There's no comparison with a 500k earner in Nigeria.

Yes, I know you used the poorest country to make the analysis and I'm saying the analysis itself is COMPLETELY WRONG. It is not a debate of whether abroad is better than Nigeria or not, I am saying the analysis you used to drive your message is wrong. Your point was that even a low income earner in Bulgaria with €8 per hour is still better off because that amounts to more than 500k which an average Nigerian cannot boast of, and I am saying that is the most misleading analysis in the history of Nairaland.

Just accept it is wrong instead telling me about other countries. If you wanted us to discuss other countries, you should have made your analysis using those other countries. That way, the the post won't mislead people into believing what is not true.

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:

How many Nigerian workers earn up to 500k monthly? Even those with 20 years experience and many professional qualifications?

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by musicwriter(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Rapmoney:
In an article published on March, 30 2023 by eurostat, an official website of the European Union, the average hourly costs of labour in EU (European Union) countries in 2022 were reviewed. Bulgaria, with the lowest cost of labour per hour stood at 8 euros while Luxembourg with the highest stood at 51 euros.

Let's use the lowest European paying country for this analysis which is Bulgaria. If you work 40 hours per week in Bulagaria, (which shouldn't be lesser as a healthy person without disabilities) that is:

8 euros x 40 hours = NGN163,598 (8 euros = NGN4, 089.95)

Multiply that 40 hours by 4 which is four weeks in a month, that should be:

NGN163,598 x 4 = NGN654,392

This means that a Nigerian working in the poorest country among the EU countries can boast of a salary over 500k in a month converted to Nigerian Naira. Should we still make analysis on the highest EU paying country, Luxembourg? With this here, I don't think that will be necessary.

It is really a loss of human dignity to offer labour that will not change your living standard.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/en/web/products-eurostat-news/w/DDN-20230330-3

That's not the CAUSE of brain drain in Nigeria or in any other formerly colonized third world country.

The cause is that we were given a foreign system of education by those who colonized our ancestors, meaning that we've acquired knowledge that's useful to those that colonized us.

Once we discard the foreign education and begin learning about ourselves and what's important to us using our native language, our professionals would remain in Africa to solve our own problems because they'll no longer have the knowledge that foreigners need.

If you want to solve a problem, you deal with the cause, not effect. Causation is where the root of a problem lie, not in the effect. The education given us by white people can NEVER set us free, instead it would lead us back to slavery. And that's where we're heading to like herds of sheep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Faithfulness88: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
Truth is life in Nigeria is easier.
But if you Japa legally you can still work abroad and be comfortable..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Realiskit(m): 4:54pm On Apr 09, 2023
That's what he forgot to into consideration.
Tax alone will slash down the gross calculated before even start talking of recurring bills that often deducted automatically one has to pay.

High paying job alone isn't the reason for leaving to so called better countries.

tensazangetsu20:
But the 500k won't be spent in Nigeria
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by lexy2014: 5:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
That's not my point. 500k won't take you anywhere in any EU country. No be same EU wey we dey always go? Life in Europe is.much more expensive than that of US or Canada.

Even if you earn half of that in Nigeria, you're much more better off.

What's my business with with where u go? Did I ask u about whether u de go EU?

According to you "But if you're in Nigeria and earning up to that 500k as your take home after taxes, you're far better off cos you spend less and save more. Anyone who earns up to this amount here but still wants to japa may soon regret it. Japa with sense".

Based on the above How many people earn up to 500k in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by rinzylee(m): 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2023
43Ronin:

I do not know anybody doing care job in the UK that's complaining of poor salary. The average salary in UK is £36k p.a. with a salary of £2k per month(net) u are very comfortable. If you a family man and not living in London or probably Essex, u can get a 2 bed room for £600 include bills might get it to £800. Basically a family whose children do not need to go to daycare is 100 times better than a manager in a bank or even in an oil company. If both parents earn £4k monthly(net) they can save £1k5 per month multiply that by exchange u realise they are saving what most big men earn at their places of work in naija. The best advice will be to let guys coming via school to UK that they should be prepared to do care job(wash oyigbo yash, clean their shít, bathe them etc) that way they are well prepared. But abroad is 100 times bera than naija for the now.

Care job does not pay 36k.

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
sotall:
cool

That's one big disadvantage of living in Nigeria.

A person doing cleaning services in Europe earns far more better than a doctor or professor in Nigeria.

Dont mind those who tell you about Bills abroad.

If you aint lazy abroad and you do fulltime (40 hours per week) job, you will comfortably pay your bills and still save.

Infact, you only need to save a little of the salary you earn in Europe and when you bring it to Nigeria, its a lot of money

And the quality of life in Europe isnt even comparable with that of Nigeria.

In Europe if you lose your job, the government is responsible and continues to pay you at least 70% of your normal salary pending when you get another job. Thats job Insurance.

Please stop comparing this failed country called Nigeria with advanced countries. The difference is too much.

Thank you.

See them Lowlives and Sufferheads swimming on the Thread.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by 2buffagain(m): 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2023
The best format for your life is to stay in naija where its cheap and educate yourself on how to earn foreign currency.

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by FIZZBEE: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2023
GoodbutBadguy:
This is a slave mentality, money that is not up to 1 M. Have you ever wondered why most Nigeria rich men live & do most biz here and the only thing they do abroad is vacation and some executive MBAs cool. There is more money where there are problems (money is made anywhere in the world by solving problems not by working under ppl). I will recommend this book, "The richest man in Babylon". Westerners and Asians make most of their money in Africa especially here in Nigeria, have you ever reasoned why they are here for biz? Lastly, it's folly to directly compare the costs of living in different countries. 10000 Naira is big money in South Korea, Seria Leone, and Uganda but what can 10k do in 9jagrin
Soro Soke, they're blind they can't see, they're dull they can't understand why Lebanese and Indians keep coming to Nigeria, I wish the Nigeria government do some Visa Lottery and observe the influx of Lebanese and Indians in the Country

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Seagodess:
Most of una no Wise.. you want live that type of yeye life you living in Nigeria abroad.. look at those shouting cost of living is too expensive.if Jesus carry some of una go heaven.. una go still complain.. very lazy people

Are you minding the Dolts.

Useless Thieves and Parasites who can't survive in any environment unless they Scaam and Cheat.

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by sonofthunder: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
dull graduates even a good barber earn 4k daily ×30 days POS 3k suya seller 8k daily akara seller 2k daily. Begger 2k daily so why will a graduate settle for 20k

Stop speaking as though you are unlearned. Do babers in your village earn 4k on Tuesdays? Why not become a beggar and stop disturbing others.

You guys just open your mouths and spill nonsense with your full chest.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
lexy2014:

How nigerians (even graduates) earn up to 500k a month in Nigeria?

What is your point? Did you understand my write up cause it seems you ain't getting
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 09, 2023
FIZZBEE:
Soro Soke, they're blind they can't see, they're dull they can't understand why Lebanese and Indians keep coming to Nigeria, I wish the Nigeria government do some Visa Lottery and observe the influx of Lebanese and Indians in the Country

Dooor.

Do you Black Dolts have any Inovations?grin

No be to snatch and sleep with baba basira's wife and litter everywhere with malnourished pikins una know how to do.

Empty headed Fooools.

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Bobbiee: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2023
Incomplete analysis. You should factor in feeding and other living expenses, also tax deductible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes Little Boy Dead At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Disturbing Photos) / One Dies, Eight Injured In Anambra Road Crash / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.