Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria (22384 Views)

Wasted: How Billions Spent On ‘Nigeria Air’ Went Down The Drain / Governor Udom Commissions Anua-Mbak-Ishiet Road, Outfall Drain In Uyo (Photos) / Fuel Queues Continue In Abuja Despite Nnpc’s Denial Of Fuel Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by lexy2014: 6:41pm On Apr 09, 2023
MrBroke:

Oga please when you argue, argue with logic. Go and read my previous post that made you replied me and ask yourself if the question you are asking me makes sense to you. And your question is senseless if you are asking with no reference. What point are you trying to make asking the question cause i see no point cause you can't explain?

Can you show d argument you referring to? When did questions become argument?

Offpoint. Is 500k the minimum wage in Nigeria? Simple yes or no

How many nigerians (even graduates) earn up to 500k a month in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by lexy2014: 6:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Sorry sir

Let's try again.

What's my business with with where u go? Did I ask u about whether u de go EU?

According to you "But if you're in Nigeria and earning up to that 500k as your take home after taxes, you're far better off cos you spend less and save more. Anyone who earns up to this amount here but still wants to japa may soon regret it. Japa with sense".

Based on the above How many people earn up to 500k in Nigeria?

Is 500k the minimum wage in Nigeria?
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2023
lexy2014:

What's the minimum wage in both countries?

This Issue of Japaing have been overflogged.

I would like to quickly share my brief perspective with regards to this issue.

JAPA is not for everybody.

There are different class of people in nigeria which consists of the Elite, Wealthy, Rich, Average and The Poor.

You can't expect an individual from an Elite, Wealthy, Rich background to join the leagues of Japarians. And to the best of my knowledge, We all know Most Nigerians falls into the category of Average/Poor.

Some of these people who post here arguing and always defending Nigeria up and down are quite/very comfortable already in life. So it is easy for them to speak and see things the way they feel some people don't understand from their high horses. I bet you when REALITY hits some of them and they fall off their horses, their thinking will once again change. It's normal for most Humans to always reason and act from their own perspective.

For example, There are so many Average/Poor people who has never experience what vacation is like, Enjoy good living for good straight one month without lamenting financially, and the country have never been favorable to them. Tell me, would you expect this people not to Japa at any given opportunity?

I can boldly tell you that there are educated people who have never had 500k of their own either at home or in their bank accounts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by babajero(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2023
MadarasBlade:
What is the cost of living in Bulgaria? Why do you people calculate like this? Nawa
The same people abroad you say they spend all their earned money in expenses there, will still be the ones coming to buy lands build structures and invest, while the so called average workers in Nigeria can't even pay their rent and take care of their families comfortably here. Make una dey deceive una sef.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by babajero(m): 6:55pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
The money is being spent in Bulgaria and Luxembourg. It's also more expensive to live in Luxembourg than in Bulgaria hence the higher wage in Luxembourg.
So the ones buying of lands and building all over Nigeria are they ghosts? These people make money abroad and their money is far superior and valuable than ours period.

4 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by babajero(m): 6:58pm On Apr 09, 2023
AntiChristian:
The OP must be an obidient! He forgot to add " Go and verify".

How much is a bottle of water (50/75cl) in Nigeria?

How much is it over there?

Convert and appropriate!

I wonder why many Nigerians no dey too barb hair for jand! Na so so self barbing plenty...
Then why is it that after all their so called expenses abroad they will still have enough money to come and buy off your father's land.

4 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2023
uncleck:
For those saying that the money will not be spent in naira, understand that if you earn in euros or dollar and can be able to save only 10% of your earnings, that makes you a big boy when you repatriate it home and change it.

A good friend of mine who is a senior lab scientist in an FMC here with four children finds things very difficult. The upholstery in his sitting room have all torn up and everything looks bad. He managed to migrate to Europe late 2021. As I'm talking to you now, he has spent almost 40 million naira on his building project, something he would never save all his career live in Nigeria.

95% of workers in Nigeria will never see N5 million naira in their account all their lives unless you do CHUACHUA

Well you're talking of your friend, me can talk from personal experience. I keep saying it, if I can do all I did in USA from age of 16 to 23, most people can do and have done much, much better. I was a medical lab scientist at a time, I only wish I had learned some other manual, skilled trade BEFORE leaving Nigeria.

As if people abroad spend ALL their money, no savings. The $10 to 25 billion sent to Nigeria from abroad is what, beans and corn?

lexy2014:

The latest figures I know of is that only 0.2% or 0.4% of Nigerian adults earn ₦200K per month.

<sigh>

Good Luck to Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2023
babajero:
The same people abroad you say they spend all their earned money in expenses there, will still be the ones coming to buy lands build structures and invest, while the so called average workers in Nigeria can't even pay their rent and take care of their families comfortably here. Make una dey deceive una sef.

Infact i tell you ooo.

They are majorly even the ones Still Making This Forsaken Nation Still Breathing due to the FOREX Earnings they are bringing into the country.

I have over 20 People in diaspora who are running things in this nation. The funny thing is they were all from humble backgrounds and this nation never showed them mercy while they were hustling here.

But ever since they left the shiiithole. They have been experiencing massive breakthrough and success.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by MadarasBlade(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2023
babajero:

Oga if you earn minimum wage in europe, you're in deep poverty.

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by babajero(m): 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Really? Tell me more.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by GoodbutBadguy: 7:21pm On Apr 09, 2023
Evolutionlove:

FooooL.

Which problems is Black Monkey like you solving?

What have you put in place to make things work and make the country attractive for your fellow men?

No be to dey Sabotage unaselves na una Best Invention lolgrin

Why won't the Lebanese and Chinkos keeps trooping here? When they know most of you are Blvck Monkeys with nothing Upstairs. Howm many Black Man would willingly help/allow his fellow Men to grow and be successfully.

Uselvzz Foools forming Woke.
Just bcs you can't solve problems doesn't mean that others can't wink

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by zumbigbo(m): 7:22pm On Apr 09, 2023
better life/ outcomes for children( born and unborn), peace of mind

Key elements for Japa...

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by smileyoo: 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2023
uncleck:
For those saying that the money will not be spent in naira, understand that if you earn in euros or dollar and can be able to save only 10% of your earnings, that makes you a big boy when you repatriate it home and change it.

A good friend of mine who is a senior lab scientist in an FMC here with four children finds things very difficult. The upholstery in his sitting room have all torn up and everything looks bad. He managed to migrate to Europe late 2021. As I'm talking to you now, he has spent almost 40 million naira on his building project, something he would never save all his career live in Nigeria.

95% of workers in Nigeria will never see N5 million naira in their account all their lives unless you do CHUACHUA
don't mind them, comparing a failed system like Nigeria, to places where things work fine and citizens treated like humans.
Nigeria is one of those jungles in the world, where anything goes .
how can one describe a nation that's the 6th world producer of crude oil, yet still importing fuel, because there's no functional refinery ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 7:39pm On Apr 09, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
But the 500k won't be spent in Nigeria
This analysis doesn't cut it.

Wouldn't a Bulgarian working in Nigeria calculate his pay in host nation rather than waste his time calculating nonsense.

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Electorate: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2023
Rapmoney:
In an article published on March, 30 2023 by eurostat, an official website of the European Union, the average hourly costs of labour in EU (European Union) countries in 2022 were reviewed. Bulgaria, with the lowest cost of labour per hour stood at 8 euros while Luxembourg with the highest stood at 51 euros.

Let's use the lowest European paying country for this analysis which is Bulgaria. If you work 40 hours per week in Bulagaria, (which shouldn't be lesser as a healthy person without disabilities) that is:

8 euros x 40 hours = NGN163,598 (8 euros = NGN4, 089.95)

Multiply that 40 hours by 4 which is four weeks in a month, that should be:

NGN163,598 x 4 = NGN654,392

This means that a Nigerian working in the poorest country among the EU countries can boast of a salary over 500k in a month converted to Nigerian Naira. Should we still make analysis on the highest EU paying country, Luxembourg? With this here, I don't think that will be necessary.

It is really a loss of human dignity to offer labour that will not change your living standard.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/en/web/products-eurostat-news/w/DDN-20230330-3

Have you also factored the cost of living in those countries mentioned?

Now convert the cost of Coca Cola in those countries, convert it to naira and tell us which is cheaper.

Lungdick:
Do they spend naira in luxembourg and bulgaria?

your mumu too high.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Story.

Tell this to your Kids at home, That's if you have any.

Gun Violence & Racism.

Preferable anytime to👇

Useless Tribal Wars, Unending POVERTY, High level of Illiteracy, Hypocrisy, Extreme Wickedness.

hands down any time anyday.

You a weakling. Its not an insult. It what you are.

I see everything. I choose to stay. Many choose too. Life is a choice. Weak things run from danger. Strong things fight. You curry by good governance, shopping malls and sky scrappers Same way women move to the next man base of fast cars. You share similar achetypes to the weak things. Thats what I am pointing out.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Stevosty: 9:18pm On Apr 09, 2023
MadarasBlade:

If you earn minimum wage in Nigeria, the grave is waiting.

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Raalsalghul: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Infact i tell you ooo.

They are majorly even the ones Still Making This Forsaken Nation Still Breathing due to the FOREX Earnings they are bringing into the country.

I have over 20 People in diaspora who are running things in this nation. The funny thing is they were all from humble backgrounds and this nation never showed them mercy while they were hustling here.

But ever since they left the shiiithole. They have been experiencing massive breakthrough and success.

Bro. I sent you a P.M
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Adakintroy: 9:20pm On Apr 09, 2023
43Ronin:

The problem is that no-one is fighting, so you cannot call yourself strong. Can you protest bad governance, insecurity or police brutality in Nigeria? Venezuela is currently in a crisis with their present govt because the govt removed fuel subsidy which increased astronomically the prices of foods. Can you do that in Nigeria? Do you even have a say? OK pls tell me what you fighting for or fought for, just mention 1. Plssss.
Tinubus govt will not only remove subsidy, but float the naira so that they can continue borrowing from IMF. Since you are a warrior, be prepared because naija SOL will definitely fall ti the worst in the coming months

Sir. No one can make you positive about a thing. Its a mind set. You mind is set this way.

But try compare yourself to your own motion and progress not others. We had military rule, once and now we have democracy. No one though we could break out from it. But here we are many years strong. It not perfect. But its an ongoing refining process. We are progressing on our own refinery and maybe when that comes mainstream, we will have better gas and better electricity and lesser fuel cost who knows..it worth being positive about.

And did I tell you almost everyone has a hand phone something unheard off years back. This our pace. We own it. We respect it. Respect it.

Its a shame when you all mock the process. Its a sign of lack of insight.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 9:33pm On Apr 09, 2023
lexy2014:

Can you show d argument you referring to? When did questions become argument?

Offpoint. Is 500k the minimum wage in Nigeria? Simple yes or no

I've got better thing's to do
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by IMASTEX: 9:35pm On Apr 09, 2023
ednut1:

Major reason for brain drain- poor pay, insecurity, economic uncertainty, better life/ outcomes for children ( born and unborn), peace of mind , second passport etc.
Valid, same reason even the politicians with the bags still safely hide away their families abroad.

4 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 9:37pm On Apr 09, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Infact i tell you ooo.

I wrote exactly this sometime ago on another thread and some of these Nigeria-Is-Paradise people wanted to go mad. They went absolutely BONKERS.

The way Nigerians HATE the truth, it's gonna be a long time getting there. For real, a looooong time.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2023
Raalsalghul:

Bro. I sent you a P.M

Oh Apologies bruh.

I don't have Access to this Email.

You can email me on my profile.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 09, 2023
IbeOkehie:

I wrote exactly this sometime ago on another thread and some of these Nigeria-Is-Paradise people wanted to go mad. They went absolutely BONKERS.

The way Nigerians HATE the truth, it's gonna be a long time getting there. For real, a looooong time.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

The Majority of Humans in Nigeria are "Extremely Badly Designed" by the Designers.

One will never be able to Comprehend the Kind of beings they Are.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2023
Evolutionlove:

I can boldly tell you that there are educated people who have never had 500k of their own either at home or in their bank accounts.

You don't need to be bold and it's worse than that. NDIC releases regular data, recent stats are that 99.7% of bank accounts have less than 500K.

No surprise. Didn't one UN agency like that crown Nigeria the Poverty Capital of the world last year? 🙄🙄🙄

Good Luck to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by sotall(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2023
MadarasBlade:

Says someone who has never been to Europe before

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Namigotalktru: 10:23pm On Apr 09, 2023
MadarasBlade:
What is the cost of living in Bulgaria? Why do you people calculate like this? Nawa

No mind if them tax another 20% rent at least half the remaining. Transport another €300. Won’t you eat?

The main benefit is stable electricity and a system of building credit to invest
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by MadarasBlade(m): 10:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
sotall:

You've been in europe?
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by sotall(m): 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
MadarasBlade:

You've been in europe?

I currently reside in Europe and i know better
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by litaninja(m): 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2023
Person wey no get sense. Earn euro and multiply to naira...olodo.

MadarasBlade:
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by litaninja(m): 11:25pm On Apr 09, 2023
Na correct him dey give you so. Housing and Heating costs alone will take the chunk out of 8 eu/hr.

sotall:

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by litaninja(m): 11:27pm On Apr 09, 2023
You are d.a.f.t.
The cost of living that you'd spend in that bulgaria needs to be calculated in that same currency. Not earn 1000EU and multiply to naira. Are you spending naira in bulgaria?? Or are you collecting the EU in bulgaria and spending / paying bills in nigeria?

klbakare:
The people who commented on this thread are largely stupid. Plain stupid. I mean it in the very literal sense of stupidity.

What was compared is the minimum wage! Damn! What's the minimum wage in Nigeria? 30k? Will Nigerian doctors earn minimum wage abroad? The least an entry level doctor will earn in the UK is 2500 pounds monthly. What's you people problem?

Will anybody earning 30k naira per month not prefer to earn five hundred plus in Bulgaria? I leave you to your stupidity.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes Little Boy Dead At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Disturbing Photos) / One Dies, Eight Injured In Anambra Road Crash / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.