Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria (22385 Views)

Wasted: How Billions Spent On ‘Nigeria Air’ Went Down The Drain / Governor Udom Commissions Anua-Mbak-Ishiet Road, Outfall Drain In Uyo (Photos) / Fuel Queues Continue In Abuja Despite Nnpc’s Denial Of Fuel Price Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by klbakare(m): 1:05am On Apr 10, 2023
litaninja:
You are d.a.f.t.
The cost of living that you'd spend in that bulgaria needs to be calculated in that same currency. Not earn 1000EU and multiply to naira. Are you spending naira in bulgaria?? Or are you collecting the EU in bulgaria and spending / paying bills in nigeria?

Foolish guy quoting me. Please get away!

A doctor's wage in Europe or UK is not minimum wage. A doctor's wage in Nigeria is comparable to Europe's minimum wage in the least paying European country. Now move on with your eternal stupidity, I'm sure you are one of those APC miscreants.

3 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Pimpstar: 1:48am On Apr 10, 2023
Lungdick:
Do they spend naira in luxembourg and bulgaria?

your mumu too high.

Do you understand the post sha

It's in the post that it's derogatory on human dignity to earn money that won't change the standard of your living... meaning both home and abroad. Yet our people want to Japa hence the brain drain. We go there to do cheap labour that won't better our standard of living. Brains that could used for bigger things here if our society was working fine. But shey na person wey suffer wan finish him life for here go reason to make better use of his brain and won't jump at any opportunity to Japa , When even the Japa land is slavery land (earning peanuts)

He his not saying over ₦500k their is better than the 30k or minimum you earn here

He only made the conversion to naira so you won't be carried away with the idea that you're earning in so so foreign currency and feel it's big money when u change it to Naira.

Even the highest paying country for labour sef (Luxembourg) do the calculation

It's still nothing ... You would have to save and save and save , then save again
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by NwaliE01: 2:39am On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
But the 500k won't be spent in Nigeria
Wisdom. N500K in Europe is like 50K in Nigeria. The person will struggle to survive because of the bills. OP is deceptive here. What about tax on wages?
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by sotall(m): 3:20am On Apr 10, 2023
litaninja:
You are d.a.f.t.
The cost of living that you'd spend in that bulgaria needs to be calculated in that same currency. Not earn 1000EU and multiply to naira. Are you spending naira in bulgaria?? Or are you collecting the EU in bulgaria and spending / paying bills in nigeria?

Stop looking at cost of living and bills.

The main point is that outside these costs, a person who earns minimum wage can still save 20% of their earnings.

Aftee working for years, bring that 20% savings to Nigeria and you can start a project or build an investment.

Most Nigerians working in Nigeria cant boost of any tangible savings that can start a project or build wn investment after working for years.

In addition, do you know some countries in Europe pay you 14 months salary in year?

That's extra 2 months salary which is a lot of money if properly saved for years.

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Brunicekid(m): 7:35am On Apr 10, 2023
rinzylee:
I laugh 😂 😂

Rent

Tax

Insurance

Transport

Heating in winter

etc

Your body go tell you if you are not doing a professional job that has a certain salary cap.

This is what most people who rushed the care job visa for UK didn't consider.

They converted £20,500 p/a to naira and got blindly excited and jumped without making informed plans.

After the euphoria of landing, reality sets in and so many regrets and stories start jumping out.

Sit down and plan o....all that glitters isn't gold.
It's important to sit down and plan finance... That's right... Sometimes, some of these people who want to japa just do the conversion without factoring other things.

1 Like

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by PStacks(m): 7:37am On Apr 10, 2023
Rapmoney:
In an article published on March, 30 2023 by eurostat, an official website of the European Union, the average hourly costs of labour in EU (European Union) countries in 2022 were reviewed. Bulgaria, with the lowest cost of labour per hour stood at 8 euros while Luxembourg with the highest stood at 51 euros.

Let's use the lowest European paying country for this analysis which is Bulgaria. If you work 40 hours per week in Bulagaria, (which shouldn't be lesser as a healthy person without disabilities) that is:

8 euros x 40 hours = NGN163,598 (8 euros = NGN4, 089.95)

Multiply that 40 hours by 4 which is four weeks in a month, that should be:

NGN163,598 x 4 = NGN654,392

This means that a Nigerian working in the poorest country among the EU countries can boast of a salary over 500k in a month converted to Nigerian Naira. Should we still make analysis on the highest EU paying country, Luxembourg? With this here, I don't think that will be necessary.

It is really a loss of human dignity to offer labour that will not change your living standard.

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/en/web/products-eurostat-news/w/DDN-20230330-3

You are so blind to tal only about how much you earn without talking what the cost of living and living expenses amounts to per month.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 7:43am On Apr 10, 2023
PStacks:

You are so blind to tal only about how much you earn without talking what the cost of living and living expenses amounts to per month.

Bros, leave story. What is the minimum wage in Nigeria? Can the minimum wage in Nigeria take care of your feeding, rent, transportation, entertainment, etc in a month? Will a Bulgarian man accept a 500k salary per month even in your so-called Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 8:28am On Apr 10, 2023
Alaye koshidanu jor.
oluayebenz:

I don't argue with simp
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by klawaaa: 9:21am On Apr 10, 2023
They are even given the summation in niara. Na my line of thought be this until reality set in... Bills no be your mate for abroad...
tensazangetsu20:
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nigeriadondie: 9:27am On Apr 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Look he didn’t remove taxes which would make the money less than N500,000. No matter what, the Nigerian worker is grossly underpaid but overused.

That’s why Peter Obi’s manifesto on paying per hour was the best. That way when employers would have to pay for overtime, bonus on weekends and public holidays. But with the current structure, you go work and work for same pay.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by litaninja(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nuisance. Tie me to any political party that suits you. Is a doctor's wage in nigeria the equivalent of Nigeria's minimum wage?
Clown.

klbakare:

Foolish guy quoting me. Please get away!

A doctor's wage in Europe or UK is not minimum wage. A doctor's wage in Nigeria is comparable to Europe's minimum wage in the least paying European country. Now move on with your eternal stupidity, I'm sure you are one of those APC miscreants.
Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by klbakare(m): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2023
litaninja:
Nuisance. Tie me to any political party that suits you. Is a doctor's wage in nigeria the equivalent of Nigeria's minimum wage?
Clown.

You are indeed more stupid than I had anticipated. Please don't tell me you went to school oooo. The argument is that a Nigerian doctor whose pay is not on minimum wage is earning the equivalent of a minimum wage in the poorest paid European country and you still don't get it? Please I beg you in the name of God, don't tell me you have a degree and don't quote me again.

Olodo

2 Likes

Re: See The Reason Why Brain Drain Will Continue In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
IbeOkehie:

You don't need to be bold and it's worse than that. NDIC releases regular data, recent stats are that 99.7% of bank accounts have less than 500K.

No surprise. Didn't one UN agency like that crown Nigeria the Poverty Capital of the world last year? 🙄🙄🙄

Good Luck to Nigerians.

LoL 🤣.this guy again with stats he pimped out of nowhere. Yeah you're right. Exactly 99.786% of nigerians don't have up to #2K in their account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tanker Crushes Little Boy Dead At Upper Iweka, Onitsha (Disturbing Photos) / One Dies, Eight Injured In Anambra Road Crash / Passengers Injured As Bus Veers Off The Road And Lands Into A Ditch. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.