Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5435 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

This part alone denotes you as severely mentally cretarded
https://www.nairaland.com/7479124/mental-illness-among-jehovahs-witnesses
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jesus was still a child in 6BC
Would thry have handed him over to the Romans whrn thry believed in him?

Shame
You're older
Be smart
Obviously you dont know what BC means. Biology you don't know. History, wahala

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did I say Jesus was not born in a BC?
Use your brains if you have any

I said he was not born in 6BC
Mumu
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Have you been reading our posts or does your brain have retrograde amnesia

Posts of people you term as propaganda?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

This is the lamest excuse I have clapped my eyes on. Lol. grin
1. I have shown you time and time again, how writings, paintings, artifacts etc of more than 10k has been found. In fact, fossils of dinosaurs that existed millions of years ago have been found. So make una talk another lie.
2. What do they mean by 'Jesus opposers'? If someone heals people and raises the dead, surely one of those thoudands he healed or fed would have painted or sculpted him and kept the artifacts in his home. Or even have Jesus face inscribed in his home as gratitude. They don't need to show them to any Romans. These days people have pics of their favorite sportspersons in their homes and phones. So that excuse no hold water. grin
3. The third excuse is the most idiotic and annoying lie I have heard this year.
Matthew 28:11-15 said
11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money,
13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’
14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.”
15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

So basically what that passage said was that those chief priests wanted to hide Jesus resurrection from the populace. So if they wanted to suppress his resurrection, don't you think the best way to expose them was to ascend in public where everyone would be convinced that he actually resurrected? Lol. grin
Besides what would puny humans do to a whole almighty god? grin

1. Lol. Show us the painting of a man painted by a contemporary in his time but not a politician or monarch
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

This is the lamest excuse I have clapped my eyes on. Lol. grin
1. I have shown you time and time again, how writings, paintings, artifacts etc of more than 10k has been found. In fact, fossils of dinosaurs that existed millions of years ago have been found. So make una talk another lie.
2. What do they mean by 'Jesus opposers'? If someone heals people and raises the dead, surely one of those thoudands he healed or fed would have painted or sculpted him and kept the artifacts in his home. Or even have Jesus face inscribed in his home as gratitude. They don't need to show them to any Romans. These days people have pics of their favorite sportspersons in their homes and phones. So that excuse no hold water. grin
3. The third excuse is the most idiotic and annoying lie I have heard this year.
Matthew 28:11-15 said
11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money,
13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’
14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.”
15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

So basically what that passage said was that those chief priests wanted to hide Jesus resurrection from the populace. So if they wanted to suppress his resurrection, don't you think the best way to expose them was to ascend in public where everyone would be convinced that he actually resurrected? Lol. grin
Besides what would puny humans do to a whole almighty god? grin

1. Lol. Show us the painting of a man painted by a contemporary in his time but not a politician or monarch

2. So people had pics of others 2000 years ago? Remember that even the Bible says that despite his good works, only few put faith in him

3. Jesus is not almighty God. He already said that he would die and be raised up. Mumu. Then why did they ask that his tomb be guarded. What was the need of telling the soldiers to lie if Jesus was actually an impostor. They know that news of his resurrection will spread like wildfire and people will stop listening to them. So they needed to save face

It's funny to see you quote the Bible. A forged myth grin
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 3:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:
Send me Link where “science” said life cannot emerge from inorganic matter or you are lying because of yahweh sake.

Evidences can be tested independently.
Evidences must be supported from different sources.
Evidences is not same with testimony or what you see or hear, those are beliefs.

Show me where science prove life emerge from yahweh?
Didn’t you say your yahweh emerge by accident too cheesy
According to you, Anything that emerge from accident has no purpose, your creator is purposeless.
What’s the use of a creation that was created by a purposeless thing.
No wonder you are a slave to watchtower and their baldheads

Don’t cherry-pick what science says.

What does science say regarding the origin of life?
From a living source or non - living source.
Or you don't belive science books too
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 4:17pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I knew
Does that rule out the possibility of jesus existence cos of one letter
The letter issue is irrelevant. The point about Jesus existence is no credible or reliable source talked about him

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

And who are the Chrestians associated with?
Nero?
A simple search would straighten you, but no, you won't do it. Chrestians were associated with Chrestius, a nebulous figure. Not Jesus Christ
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 4:23pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Did I say Jesus was not born in a BC?
Use your brains if you have any

I said he was not born in 6BC
Mumu
What does the BC denote? grin
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Posts of people you term as propaganda?
Was it only Tacitus and Josephus I have been quoting?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_painting
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Max
Pls. Click on this link and tell us if you see the painting of any distinct PERSON
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:06pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Was it only Tacitus and Josephus I have been quoting?

Are you asking me?

Are they the only ones I quoted too?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

What does the BC denote? grin

Blind camel grin
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

A simple search would straighten you, but no, you won't do it. Chrestians were associated with Chrestius, a nebulous figure. Not Jesus Christ

Lol
You are Maynment are contradicting each other
grin
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:08pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

The letter issue is irrelevant. The point about Jesus existence is no credible or reliable source talked about him

Jospehus
Tacitus
Pliny the younger
Soeticus
Babylonian Talmud
Origen
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 5:09pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again

BC means blind cat grin
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Max
Pls. Click on this link and tell us if you see the painting of any distinct PERSON

After giving him few points from the words of wisdom it's better you leave them in their folly they're not ready to reason they only want to show their displeasure regarding faith.

One thing i always tell atheists is that servants of the true God will always silence them intelligently {Isaiah 54:17} so whenever they come in contact with a JW they often try to weigh the level of your IQ. wink
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

What does science say regarding the origin of life?
From a living source or non - living source.
Or you don't belive science books too

You already said “science” said life cannot emerge from inorganic matter and they even Proved it, so send me a link or tell me the science book or you are lying for yahweh sake cheesy

Since they’ve been able to proved it with facts and evidences according to you, I don’t need to believe it anymore, I’ll now Know..

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

2. So people had pics of others 2000 years ago? Remember that even the Bible says that despite his good works, only few put faith in him

3. Jesus is not almighty God. He already said that he would die and be raised up. Mumu. Then why did they ask that his tomb be guarded. What was the need of telling the soldiers to lie if Jesus was actually an impostor. They know that news of his resurrection will spread like wildfire and people will stop listening to them. So they needed to save face

It's funny to see you quote the Bible. A forged myth grin
1. There are many sites and museums where these paintings are hosted but look at this

2. Yes people had images of events etc more than 10k years ago. Bro, there are historical figures that were hated and still pictures and carvings of them exist. Example is Pharaoh Sneferu. He ruled Egypt from 2613 to 2589 BCE. His paintings are still around thousands of years later. Also check other Pharaohs, Emperors etc. All hated
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneferu
A. I thought yall said Jesus is god? Y'all differentiate them at your own convenience and merge them, anytime you like. So when does he become or not become god?
B. The story of guarding the tomb all came from your dubious Bible. Which isn't a historical text, unfortunately
C. Bro, you quoted a Bible verse, I posted it for you here(and whoever that is following) so as to pinpoint some stupid stuff there. Same way I would quote Harry Potter when I'm arguing with a fan. It doesn't mean its a historical book. Get that into your illiterate, deluded, JW infested and infected box you call a brain

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:54pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Max
You aren't only stupid but blind. Scroll down and you will see the human paintings. Even in the early part of the article, you can see Magura Cave, La Marche etc, which depicted humans. But your JW deluded brain wouldn't allow you

2 Likes

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Are you asking me?

Are they the only ones I quoted too?
The rest of your quotes were about Chrestus NOT JESUS
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Blind camel grin
You're now deflecting comically after being caught out. Next time read up before engaging me. Illiterate

2 Likes

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Jospehus
Tacitus
Pliny the younger
Soeticus
Babylonian Talmud
Origen
… and did you read any of my posts concerning those figures you posted?

2 Likes

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

… and did you read any of my posts concerning those figures you posted?

It's well established that Jesus is a historical figure
Keep adding to your foolishness
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

You're now deflecting comically after being caught out. Next time read up before engaging me. Illiterate

Silly
He's asking me a question that even a 2 year old will know
Like I said
I responded according to he foolishness of the question

BCE means Blind camel enterprise
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

You aren't only stupid but blind. Scroll down and you will see the human paintings. Even in the early part of the article, you can see Magura Cave, La Marche etc, which depicted humans. But your JW deluded brain wouldn't allow you

Mention one of the characters in that painting?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. There are many sites and museums where these paintings are hosted but look at this

2. Yes people had images of events etc more than 10k years ago. Bro, there are historical figures that were hated and still pictures and carvings of them exist. Example is Pharaoh Sneferu. He ruled Egypt from 2613 to 2589 BCE. His paintings are still around thousands of years later. Also check other Pharaohs, Emperors etc. All hated
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneferu
A. I thought yall said Jesus is god? Y'all differentiate them at your own convenience and merge them, anytime you like. So when does he become or not become god?
B. The story of guarding the tomb all came from your dubious Bible. Which isn't a historical text, unfortunately
C. Bro, you quoted a Bible verse, I posted it for you here(and whoever that is following) so as to pinpoint some stupid stuff there. Same way I would quote Harry Potter when I'm arguing with a fan. It doesn't mean its a historical book. Get that into your illiterate, deluded, JW infested and infected box you call a brain

Apeman that has no purpose of meaning of his life living or selfish interests
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by PointB: 10:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

4. Many of the human rights enjoy today are based on Jesus Christ words especially sermon on the Mount. Most nations constitutions borrow from the 10 commandments of the Bible as it deals with relationship with one another as our actions can affect for good or for bad.

With your level of understanding, I really pity anyone that comes to your hospital as you claim to be a doctor

It's not true.

Before the god of Israel ever lifted a finger to write the very first letter of the 10 commandment, there was the The Code of Hammurabi.

The Code of Hammurabi is a Babylonian legal text composed during 1755–1750 BC. It is the longest, best-organised, and best-preserved legal text. The Hammurabi code of laws, a collection of 282 rules, established standards for commercial interactions and set fines and punishments to meet the requirements of justice.

And before Yeshua gave his sermon on the mount, the Buddhist were already practicing self control and restrain, and harmony with nature for at least 500 years.

Potentially, Jesus did travel to India to study between 12 and 29 years old.

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:21am On Apr 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It's well established that Jesus is a historical figure
Keep adding to your foolishness
Lol. Well established? By whom?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 6:22am On Apr 14, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Silly
He's asking me a question that even a 2 year old will know
Like I said
I responded according to he foolishness of the question

BCE means Blind camel enterprise
If in fact you know what BC is, then why did you say Jesus was already in existence by 6BC? Aren't you daft?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

What Unique Thing Will You Do This Xmas / Secret Of Jesus Resurrection And How To Resurrect Yourself / Why Do Atheists Always Debate Theists And God's Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.