Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. (5442 Views)

My Take On The BBC Documentary On TB Joshua / I Will Die On A Sunday After Eating Pounded Yam – Pastor Adeboye / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:
Who is the father of james that gave birth to him and his brother call “jesus”, According to Josephus?

Josephus detailed the life but not the death of Judas while mentioning the death of Jesus but not one word about his life. Josephus invested much effort in recounting Judas' life, even touching upon the lives of his sons, James, Simon, and Menahem and his grandson, Eleazar. (Ant. 20.102; War 2.433-434; War 7.253) Each time the descendants were recognized, Josephus recounted their pedigree. This did not occur in just one isolated time period. Simon and James were crucified in 46-48 CE, Menahem stoned in 66 CE and Eleazar led the Sicarii at Masada in 73 CE. This theme of Judas the Galilean ran throughout Josephus' narrative.

the death of Judas was removed by a later Gentile Christian who believed the death of Judas by crucifixion might attract too much unwanted attention. Most scholars believe that the passage in Josephus, which details the death of Jesus, is a late third to early fourth century forgery.

Hide your stupidity and stop asking me foolish questions
Ask Josephus
Shebi you don't believe in books
Olodo
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Josephus wrote on on Judas of Galilee.
Early church fathers use Josephus work to write New Testament .

Josephus book, Judas the Galilean was known throughout the nation for his ability in interpreting the law. We get the same feeling for Jesus when reading the Gospels. The Pharisees constantly invited him to dinner in order to discuss issues. We are privy to only the negative aspects of those meetings.
According to the image you dropped right?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 8:54am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

I am well aware
Mention them and quote from them
I have posted links referring them. You said they are doubtful. I even quoted the Hammurabi Code steele
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

There was no image to the post you replied

Empty slave
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

It is something that Isa answered but instead of wasting time, I'll refer you to Uncle Wiki
Youre referring me to Wiki to defend your holy book?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

See this watchtower slave

If i replace believe with faith, is it not also under probability?
Do i KNOW if man u will beat chelsea?
If i knew man will beat chelsea then what’s the use of faith and beliefs?
YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW, Chrestian.

If I say that I know Man u will beat Chelsea, is it not still under probability that it could end up a draw or they lose massively
Olodo
Now, he's the one asking me foolish questions

You're a boy
I've not seen any molecule of reasonableness or maturity so far

You're my son
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Hide your stupidity and stop asking me foolish questions
Ask Josephus
Shebi you don't believe in books
Olodo

Josephus said, judas of Galilee was the father of james, and the other james brother are simon and menahem.

Stop acting like a dense cretin, and know facts.

Olofo

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:56am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Josephus said, judas of Galilee was the father of james, and the other james brother are simon and menahem.

Stop acting like a dense cretin, and know facts.

Olofo

jaephoenix:

Youre referring me to Wiki to defend your holy book?

Ask wiki your foolish questions
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:57am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

There was no image to the post you replied

Empty slave

Who just dropped on Josephus and Jesus, the brother or James
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

If I say that I know Man u will beat Chelsea, is it not still under probability that it could end up a draw or they lose massively
Olodo
Now, he's the one asking me foolish questions

You're a boy
I've not seen any molecule of reasonableness or maturity so far

You're my son

How did you know?
Know comes from knowledge, where did you get the knowledge that man u will beat chelsea?
Only a dummy like you will wake up and say they know something and they can’t prove it.
Knowledge comes with facts and evidences and beliefs is not needed.
You are empty.

You are a watchtower slave.
You are as senseless and of no purpose like your creator, yahweh.

You are my slave.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 8:58am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Who just dropped on Josephus and Jesus, the brother or James
Who brought in Josephus and brother of jesus?
Who is the father of james cheesy

Josephus detailed the life but not the death of Judas while mentioning the death of Jesus but not one word about his life. Josephus invested much effort in recounting Judas' life, even touching upon the lives of his sons, James, Simon, and Menahem and his grandson, Eleazar. (Ant. 20.102; War 2.433-434; War 7.253) Each time the descendants were recognized, Josephus recounted their pedigree. This did not occur in just one isolated time period. Simon and James were crucified in 46-48 CE, Menahem stoned in 66 CE and Eleazar led the Sicarii at Masada in 73 CE. This theme of Judas the Galilean ran throughout Josephus' narrative.

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 8:58am On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Ancient Hebrew and Aramaic had no J. That should be obvious

I knew
Does that rule out the possibility of jesus existence cos of one letter
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Regarding whether Jesus existed or not, lemme drop this link as it cites quotes and references from well-known and respected historians

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&issue=2016-10&pub=g16&srcid=share
I wasted my time and read through your rubbish. Do you notice they are talking about their experiences and not only historical points?
Also Pliny and the rest talked about Chrestians AND NOT JESUS
Do you notice the difference?

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Who brought in Josephus and brother of jesus?
Who is the father of james cheesy

You don't believe in books but you believe in Josephus book
De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You don't believe in books but you believe in Josephus book
De play

Books are meant to be KNOWN not believed, believer.

Dey worship Yahweh grin

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

How did you know?
Know comes from knowledge, where did you get the knowledge that man u will beat chelsea?
Only a dummy like you will wake up and say they know something and they can’t prove it.
Knowledge comes with facts and evidences and beliefs is not needed.
You are empty.

You are a watchtower slave.
You are as senseless and of no purpose like your creator, yahweh.

You are my slave.

Pained from my torments grin

Shebi na you bring up faith and believe and knowledge?
All these are interlinked

Now I use the same premises you used
You're blowing hot grin

Baba mentman is in torment
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

I wasted my time and read through your rubbish. Do you notice they are talking about their experiences and not only historical points?
Also Pliny and the rest talked about Chrestians AND NOT JESUS
Do you notice the difference?

And who are the Chrestians associated with?
Nero?
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Pained from my torments grin

Shebi na you bring up faith and believe and knowledge?
All these are interlinked

Now I use the same premises you used
You're blowing hot grin

Baba mentman is in torment

Wailing and crying from facts he can’t handle. wink

What same premise did you use?
Are you dumb?

I have faith in you that you’ll win
I believe in you that you’ll win but do i KNOW that you will win.
You believe what you don’t know, that’s why most religions use them for slaves like you, believer.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:06am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Books are meant to be KNOWN not believed, believer.

Dey worship Yahweh grin

Ok
Believe has to do with trust as well
Keep. Cherry picking
You know Josephus book but you don't trust it but can quote from it as it fits you

Books come in different form
It could be a literature
History book
Science books
Manual

They all provide information and answers to questions
You don't BELIEVE in them but you can read them and quote from them?

De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Wailing and crying from facts he can’t handle. wink

What same premise did you use?
Are you dumb?

I have faith in you that you’ll win
I believe in you that you’ll win but do i KNOW that you will win.
You believe what you don’t know, that’s why most religions use them for slaves like you, believer.

So u can't say that

I KNOW that Man utd will win but they still lose?

Do you think that many of those that bet on games were not SURE that the game will play?
Na you bring up your illustrations

Mumuman
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Ok
Believe has to do with trust as well
Keep. Cherry picking
You know Josephus book but you don't trust it but can quote from it as it fits you

Books come in different form
It could be a literature
History book
Science books
Manual

They all provide information and answers to questions
You don't BELIEVE in them but you can read them and quote from them?

De play

Believe and Trust has nothing to do together.
Look up the definition of both, dummy.

Josephus is an historian, i read his book for knowledge not to believe it, is it too hard to understand?

ALL Books are meant to be KNOWN not believed.
You are not coherent anymore, you are empty like Yahweh cheesy
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

So u can't say that

I KNOW that Man utd will win but they still lose?

Do you think that many of those that bet on games were not SURE that the game will play?
Na you bring up your illustrations

Mumuman

How did you know man utd will win?
Knowledge comes with facts and evidence, prove that you know man u will beat chelsea don’t just run your mouth.
Bettors know there’s no sure game, they can only do probability.

Slaveman, this is simple to KNOW na
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

Believe and Trust has nothing to do together.
Look up the definition of both, dummy.

Josephus is an historian, i read his book for knowledge not to believe it, is it too hard to understand?

ALL Books are meant to be KNOWN not believed.
You are not coherent anymore, you are empty like Yahweh cheesy

You don't believe in it but you use it as basis for argument
De play
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:11am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

You don't believe in it but you use it as basis for argument
De play

I don’t believe in it, I don’t believe facts and besides it was you that brought in Josephus to defend your arguments.
I KNOW facts, I’m not a believer.
Whether you believe facts or not, facts doesn’t change.
You BELIEVE What you don’t KNOW, believer.

Dey worship yahweh cheesy
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

How did you know man utd will win?
Knowledge comes with facts and evidence, prove that you know man u will beat chelsea don’t just run your mouth.
Bettors know there’s no sure game, they can only do probability.

Slaveman, this is simple to KNOW na

See mumu
Na me bring up man u enter this matter?

I can say that
I am SURE that I WILL pass the exams
The seeds I plant on my farm WILL grow
I WILL gain profit from my business this year
I will have a healthy baby
Govt will pay my salary

But it still goes opposite

My boy, go back to classes
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Aemmyjah(m): 9:16am On Apr 13, 2023
Maynman:

I don’t believe in it, I don’t believe facts and besides it was you that brought in Josephus to defend your arguments.
I KNOW facts, I’m not a believer.
Whether you believe facts or not, facts doesn’t change.
You BELIEVE What you don’t KNOW, believer.

Dey worship yahweh cheesy

Knowledge is based on evidence
What you see, hear, measure and the testimony from others

You believe that life emerged by accident even when science has proven that life cannot emerge from inorganic matter
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

See mumu
Na me bring up man u enter this matter?

I can say that
I am SURE that I WILL pass the exams
The seeds I plant on my farm WILL grow
I WILL gain profit from my business this year
I will have a healthy baby
Govt will pay my salary

But it still goes opposite

My boy, go back to classes

Are you dumb?

Farmers prepare for lost because they know factors that can affect their produce.
9 out of 10 startup business go bankrupt less than 10 years, so if you are sure your business will grow, show us facts and evidences.
Everything you are saying is on beliefs, they don’t know.

My slave, understand simple things na
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by Maynman: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2023
Send me Link where “science” said life cannot emerge from inorganic matter or you are lying because of yahweh sake.

Aemmyjah:

Knowledge is based on evidence
What you see, hear, measure and the testimony from others

You believe that life emerged by accident even when science has proven that life cannot emerge from inorganic matter
Evidences can be tested independently.
Evidences must be supported from different sources.
Evidences is not same with testimony or what you see or hear, those are beliefs.

Show me where science prove life emerge from yahweh?
Didn’t you say your yahweh emerge by accident too cheesy
According to you, Anything that emerge from accident has no purpose, your creator is purposeless.
What’s the use of a creation that was created by a purposeless thing.
No wonder you are a slave to watchtower and their baldheads

Don’t cherry-pick what science says.
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:
Maynment and Ape doctor
Come and read

Why Is There Not More Secular Support on Jesus death and resurrection ?
Given the profound influence that Jesus had on the world, should we expect more in the way of contemporary non-Biblical corroboration? Not necessarily. For one thing, the Gospels were written almost 2,000 years ago. Few other writings of that time have survived. (1 Peter 1:24, 25) Then, too, it is unlikely that Jesus’ many opposers would write anything that would lend credibility to the reports about him.

Regarding Jesus’ resurrection, Peter, one of his apostles, explained: “God raised this one up on the third day and allowed him to become manifest, not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead.” (Acts 10:40, 41) Why not to all the people? Matthew’s Gospel tells us that when the religious enemies heard reports of Jesus’ resurrection, they schemed to suppress them.​—Matthew 28:11-15.

Does this mean that Jesus wanted his resurrection to be kept secret? No, for Peter went on to say: “He ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the one decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead.” True Christians have done and are doing just that.​—Acts 10:42.
This is the lamest excuse I have clapped my eyes on. Lol. grin
1. I have shown you time and time again, how writings, paintings, artifacts etc of more than 10k has been found. In fact, fossils of dinosaurs that existed millions of years ago have been found. So make una talk another lie.
2. What do they mean by 'Jesus opposers'? If someone heals people and raises the dead, surely one of those thoudands he healed or fed would have painted or sculpted him and kept the artifacts in his home. Or even have Jesus face inscribed in his home as gratitude. They don't need to show them to any Romans. These days people have pics of their favorite sportspersons in their homes and phones. So that excuse no hold water. grin
3. The third excuse is the most idiotic and annoying lie I have heard this year.
Matthew 28:11-15 said
11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.
12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money,
13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’
14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.”
15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

So basically what that passage said was that those chief priests wanted to hide Jesus resurrection from the populace. So if they wanted to suppress his resurrection, don't you think the best way to expose them was to ascend in public where everyone would be convinced that he actually resurrected? Lol. grin
Besides what would puny humans do to a whole almighty god? grin

1 Like

Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Mumu
Tacitus and soeticus and Pliny and Josephus and Origen and the Babylonian Talmud verifies a Christ at a certain period of time. You just keep fooling yourself by saying it was Judas or tracing it to one man that lived several millenia then.
There are secular proof which you have seen
Olodo
You want us to believe that Judas was the christ but Jesus that was said to be executed according to the same author was actually a myth?
Mentedness is a disease
Have you been reading our posts or does your brain have retrograde amnesia
Re: It's Easter, But Did Jesus Really Die On The Cross - A BBC Documentary. by jaephoenix(m): 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Satan commissioned atheism for people who lack common sense but the irony of it is that atheists are blindfolded thinking they're in possession of common sense.
How can any right thinking person claim his sensibility is same with his neighbour (common) yet they both finds it really difficult to cohabit peacefully when talking about right and wrong?
The very essence of common sense is the ability to think alike and come to the same conclusion regarding right and wrong but atheist wants to exclude the role of a SUPREME BEING so how can there be unism when each person chooses to justify his or her own opinion without a central unit of control regarded as SUPREME?
So the only concept that makes atheists feel OK is the idea that they're not controlled but in reality Satan has captured each of them and hidden each in a separate cage or box that's why they can never ever come to an agreement on anything worthwhile, each time they want to claim they own scientific discoveries i laugh at them because they're just trying to console themselves in their delusion! smiley
This part alone denotes you as severely mentally cretarded

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

How To Brainwash The Christian Way. / Why You Should Ignore Atheists / How Do Atheists Explain Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.