Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review (27419 Views)

Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Military0001: 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
Na wa
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Obi3icebaba(m): 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lorayne:
3/10 for me.
Says someone who has not watched the movie

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by PUSSYHOE(m): 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2023
I did not watch it the movie watch me.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Codedrock(m): 1:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:
All I’m seeing are mainly Yoruba names, so I guess they made it for Yoruba peeps. I don’t understand yoruba language so won’t be watching.
Tribalistic.. Only God knows what this 2023 election has done to Nigerians... Well, Nairaland is a forum founded by a Yoruba guy, I am pretty sure it wasnt made for only yoruba people..

And secondly, the movie has a lot of ethnicities in it, main characters like Chike, Chioma Akpotha etc

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by MercySpeak(m): 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
Not a bad movie. I expected that when Eleniyan (Kazeem) got killed, a new govt will form void of agberoism and thuggery lifestyles but alas it is a continuation thing just like it is in the present Eko of today.

Inshort, the film only pointed out or exposed the lifestyles of our politicians how they keep using children of have nots while their own are enjoying life in abroad. Nothing more.

The circle of Agberoism in our government continues.

4 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by runningriot: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
while I must appreciate the movie and the cinematography and the professional display of the actors the story line is too underdeveloped and actions over exaggerated! If you want to watch good movies with highly developed storylines watch America Christian movies, Sons of the Caliphate, Up North (Nollywood), or take a look at Lord of the Rings. Any way Nollywood is progressing very well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by mkoabiola: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2023
Highly over rated
Nothing special

Especially that tobi Bakare..jus over rated

No beef no hating

2 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by jayred: 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nice movie, good scripting and casting, also good use of location, impressive action scene for a Nigerian movie.. I rate it 8/10.

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by jayAjoku(m): 1:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
Once you see a movie with plenty Nigerian celebrities just know it will be trash Nobody Gas tell you 😂🤣

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by BloomingDale(f): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Codedrock:

Tribalistic.. Only God knows what this 2023 election has put upon Nigerians... Well, Nairaland is a forum founded by a Yoruba guy, I am pretty sure it wasnt made for only yoruba people..

And secondly, the movie has a lot of ethnicities in it, main characters like Chike, Chioma Akpotha etc

Tit for Tat. You guys hardly support other regions.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Rebuker(m): 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Kayyy: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2023
One of the funny things I would forever continue to laugh about is how many of these posters from the south east feel so delighted attributing politicians in Lagos to criminals and agbero, it is the most laughable because it is how conviniently chose to ignore criminals and agbero relationship with politicians in their states, I mean go to Aba, go to Onitsha, go to even port Harcourt and see the same criminal activities they delight to use in insulting Lagos stare you in your face. I don't know who the agberos in South eastern states remit their money to if not the state and local governments or is it just for their pockets ?, and to top it don't start us with other activities of Ipob and it's criminal and murderous in the last 7years that they've suddenly forgotten, the bitterness and pain is unbearable to some that even a movie review has the poster above ranting and moaning about Lagos politicians, just concluded elections and criminals. At the end of the day you cannot tell someone in pains not to cry.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by GogetterMD(m): 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
I think it was a fantastic movie. Not because the script/storyline was great, but because I could very much relate to the movie as it tried to depict the reality of everyday life in Isale-Eko. Only those who have lived or passed through life in Isale-Eko would understand

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Angelfrost(m): 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
Tobi Bakre tried in Brotherhood (even better than Falz and others)!

Still, this movie will just be another repetition of what he did in Brotherhood (I hope he was able to change things up like great method actors do)!

Adesua has never seemed to sell with me since Wedding Party, same with her off screen husband! Her acting needs more convincing especially for action roles.

Well, I will take a chance and watch this flick... But, it better not be a slight improvement on Shanty town and Brotherhood, cos that will definitely be a waste of my time!

...And they better not be trying to pull off a Nigerian version of Gangs of London!

It will be unoriginal and just won't work with us fans of the AMC show!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by landon(m): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
That is not my isale eko being depicted sha

4 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by RuddyFusion(m): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
The mob fighting scenes were turns off for me the one after Nino's and Ify death...but what do I know if that's how Agberos fight and kill themselves then so be it

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by chukiz(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
4/10 my rating just a waste of time. Nothing special at all

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by falcon01: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Sebastine1994:
I downloaded the movie from fzmovie.net.

I just wasted 2hours of my life watching that movie. It's all about king of the street and what not, musicians trying to form gangster. Like zanku master.

But if the producers were my relative and asked for my opinion I would just shut up and say " it was the best movie I ever watched"
You were expecting better Thing from Nigerian celebrities 😆
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by OloyeVIII: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
jus saw it some 30min ago on Prime, givin it 4 outta 10..

3 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by donforeign: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
ODUBEZE:
I even thought that the movie was owned by Toyin Abraham grin

I watched the interview where was describing the movie

I remember vividly that she said a particular family has owned a state for ransom for 20years cheesy grin grin grin I knew instantly she was talking about Lagos and you all know the family she is talking about grin grin grin

I was like, how can this lady be saying the truth but act opposite in real life grin

I can't really say much, just look for the interview grin
she be hypocrite

6 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Killerbag36: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:
All I’m seeing are mainly Yoruba names, so I guess they made it for Yoruba peeps. I also don’t understand yoruba language so won’t be watching.

Same

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by donforeign: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
GogetterMD:
I think it was a fantastic movie. Not because the script/storyline was great, but because I could very much relate to the movie as it tried to depict the reality of everyday life in Isale-Eko. Only those who have lived or passed through life in Isale-Eko would understand
they understand and they still choose to be a slave....story
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by madampresh(f): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
The movie looks kinda old.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Michelle55: 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
To be honest, I cried like a child( perhaps, these past few months has been a rollercoaster for me) but the movie made me weep like a child especially the scene where Adesuwa said" he was all alone" repeatedly when Ify/Pana died. That scene got me so bad.😭😭😭😭

6 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ugh. Y'all keep churning out same script and giving it different names. Please employ worthy creative writers.

4 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Killerbag36: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
ODUBEZE:
I even thought that the movie was owned by Toyin Abraham grin

I watched the interview where was describing the movie

I remember vividly that she said a particular family has owned a state for ransom for 20years cheesy grin grin grin I knew instantly she was talking about Lagos and you all know the family she is talking about grin grin grin

I was like, how can this lady be saying the truth but act opposite in real life grin

I can't really say much, just look for the interview grin

I no bother mysef watching having anything to do with yuroba movies or any Yoruba thing so forget it them no go sell

I no say I no be God oo bt u see this particular movie nd any yorubas cenima movie e no go sell for this one i b god

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by lsoul: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
Over hyped movie, brotherhood was far better
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by victor2923: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
i swear this movie was over hyped, I just finished seeing it, i rate it 3/10.

4 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Pleasant01: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:
All I’m seeing are mainly Yoruba names, so I guess they made it for Yoruba peeps. I also don’t understand yoruba language so won’t be watching.
A movie about Lagos, who you suppose dey see there before? Fulanis?🤡🤡

13 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by folake4u(f): 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
jayAjoku:
Once you see a movie with plenty Nigerian celebrities just know it will be trash Nobody Gas tell you 😂🤣

For real. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Pleasant01: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2023
Killerbag36:

I no bother mysef watching having anything to do with yuroba movies or any Yoruba thing so forget it them no go sell
But you're writing this in a Yoruba forum... dimwits 🤡

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"SHUGA" Season 3 / 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record / Desmond Elliot,Monalisa,Banky W,Others Stun At Movie Premiere Of 'Falling'(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.