Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review (27409 Views)

Blood Vessel: Ratings And Review / "Gangs Of Lagos" Banner Torn On Third Mainland Bridge (Picture) / Blood Sisters: Ratings And Review (Nigerian Movie On Netflix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Danniedpastor(m): 2:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

I agree totally!

But, 4 movies in a week?!! Come now!

My high school play of back in day of just 20 minutes took at least a month to fully prepare for! grin
She's very correct,bro. Those Asaba movie actors can shuttle 4 locations for different movies in one week.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Pleasant01: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
Teeklef:
Pls I have a question . I believe this movie was produced this year and I learnt Eniola Badmus(busty) has slimmed down since,how come she still looked extra large? cheesy
NB: I have gotten the answer,the film was shot in 2021......thank you.
Nop .....I think 2yrs ago

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by tobsonkings: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2023
You all should watch brotherhood
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by JaySmart4422: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2023
This is a complete Yoruba movie

Don't even waste you time
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by popcykaylah(m): 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Sebastine1994:
I downloaded the movie from fzmovie.net.

I just wasted 2hours of my life watching that movie. It's all about king of the street and what not, musicians trying to form gangster. Like zanku master., Mr, macaroni

In short, this is a Yoruba movie, you need a subtitle to watch the movie.

But if the producers were my relative and asked for my opinion I would just shut up and say " it was the best movie I ever watched"
the movie is overrated. They chose the wrong characters for the movie. Also the story is prolonged and isnt it for me . Too many unnecessary scene. 2/10

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Xigg: 3:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Happy Easter
MrBanner:

Seun mynd44 nlfpmod Dominique mukina2 oam4j rocktation dragnet
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by DanAugust2021: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
Shanty Town is better
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Calibrator: 3:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gangs of Lagos fight choreography dey amuse me.... Showing kung-fu for Lagos street fight..... We wey dey street know say na brawling dey reign for streets.... Kung-fu ko Chinfu ni 😆😆
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by GoodIsGod: 4:12pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:
All I’m seeing are mainly Yoruba names, so I guess they made it for Yoruba peeps. I also don’t understand yoruba language so won’t be watching.

Your choice bro.
Na today Nollywood dey cast only Igbo guys in their movies?
There was a time only Omotola Jolade was the only Yoruba in Naija English movies.
When the Igbo directors were asked why.
Their excuse was most Yoruba actors can't speak good English.

So, now you are complaining all actors in English movie are Yoruba.

Na so e dey pain?

Abegi.

Your not watching it doesn't add to it's sale or reduce from it.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by MrBroke(m): 4:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Anything way concern Nigerian Entertainment Industry I don comot body except for our Comedy the rest are all Gibberish
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by BloomingDale(f): 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Your choice bro.
Na today Nollywood dey cast only Igbo guys in their movies?
There was a time only Omotola Jolade was the only Yoruba in Naija English movies.
When the Igbo directors were asked why.
Their excuse was most Yoruba actors can't speak good English.

So, now you are complaining all actors in English movie are Yoruba.

Na so e dey pain?

Abegi.

Your not watching it doesn't add to it's sale or reduce from it.

To be honest I don’t watch Nollywood or even Hollywood. The only Nollywood movie I ever watched was the first one. Can’t remember the title. It’s been donkey years since I watched TV. I can’t get past the first five minutes of any movie or TV program.

The only movies I can recall watching within the past 10years are Game of Thrones, Black Panther 1, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Get Out.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Ashawoman82: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
Michelle55:
To be honest, I cried like a child( perhaps, these past few months has been a rollercoaster for me) but the movie made me weep like a child especially the scene where Adesuwa said" he was all alone" repeatedly when Ify/Pana died. That scene got me so bad.😭😭😭😭
cheesy are u for real?
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by fitinwell: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
The Gangs of Lagos didn't protray true agberonism among Lagos Youths..

The movies lacks the True Iconism of Isale Eko culture...

Instead of using foreign English mixed with Yoruba .. i would prefer pidgin English...

I was expecting reigning Slangs..

Mr macroni role was not necessary...

And But the cinematography was Top notch..

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Ginaz(f): 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
I watched it yesterday. nice movie. I rate it 9/10.

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by CaptMarvel(m): 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Nice movie.

But Brotherhood still weighs better than GOL in my opinion
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by misano(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
Kayyy:
One of the funny things I would forever continue to laugh about is how many of these posters from the south east feel so delighted attributing politicians in Lagos to criminals and agbero, it is the most laughable because it is how conviniently chose to ignore criminals and agbero relationship with politicians in their states, I mean go to Aba, go to Onitsha, go to even port Harcourt and see the same criminal activities they delight to use in insulting Lagos stare you in your face. I don't know who the agberos in South eastern states remit their money to if not the state and local governments or is it just for their pockets ?, and to top it don't start us with other activities of Ipob and it's criminal and murderous in the last 7years that they've suddenly forgotten, the bitterness and pain is unbearable to some that even a movie review has the poster above ranting and moaning about Lagos politicians, just concluded elections and criminals. At the end of the day you cannot tell someone in pains not to cry.

Lagos agberos nah number 1. Other regions have agberos but non like Lagos own. It's not even like that in other SW states so don't attach it to other regions.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by olab059(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Olatara:
Those days, people use Eyo festival to do evil stuff and get rid of their enemies.

Ask those Iya Eko, them go give you history taya, my stepmom sold clothes at Balogun market till her death last year. So we get lot of gists from her.

Eyo as a cultural festival is not bad at all.

Okay.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by biggy00000(m): 5:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
The movie lack any moral lesson.

Isale eko as portrayed in the movie is not this violent -at least in recent times.

Movie has too much violence it should have been totus of Lagos WITHOUT the focus on isale eko.

Overall I will say it's a 3/10
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
very boring and uninteresting (stopped watching within 30mins or so).... but with such a review (8.5/10) i will try to give it another try.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by GoodIsGod: 5:16pm On Apr 10, 2023
BloomingDale:

To be honest I don’t watch Nollywood or even Hollywood. The only Nollywood movie I ever watched was the first one. Can’t remember the title. It’s been donkey years since I watched TV. I can’t get past the first five minutes of any movie or TV program.

The only movies I can recall watching within the past 10years are Game of Thrones, Black Panther 1, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Get Out.

I hardly watch naija movies too. I watch American movies mostly
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Michelle55: 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2023
Ashawoman82:
cheesy are u for real?
Walai! My baby sis was just having a filled day laughing at me, me no kuku send am. Na cry I cry, I no kee anybody. grin
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Olodo24: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Shanty town started quite well but lost their way after the first episode! The story/plot was just too thin to keep up!

They need to quit rushing their script writing! It always shows in the quality and outcome of their movies!

Movies like Black Panther and Lord of the rings, the writing can take as long as 10 years to complete... Even after, editing and improving can take further 6 months to 2 years before they begin filming!

Even casting can take them years too!
Black Panther is not an example of a well written movie though.... especially the sequel that was a cheap attempt to make money off Boseman's painful demise. The scripts are crap

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Sureboy1010(m): 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
I have seen the movie, is really dope.
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Olodo24: 5:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Persephone1:
I didn't see Lionheart when it was out and it pained me. I kept waiting and hoping i will see it someday. First Nigerian movie on Netflix, wasn't it?

The day I saw it, I wept for myself cry Is this what I had waited and hoped for? Hain!
Lionheart wasn't the first Nigerian film on Netflix, it was the first Netflix original film from Nigeria (I'm sure you know what Netflix original means). The issue with Lionheart was the script. It pains me that the film had five credited writers and that was all they could come up with. No research whatsoever was done concerning the merger. Every other aspect of the movie was on point. The only contemporary Nollywood film that didn't feature Instagram baddies with too much hair extensions, make up and skimpy dresses. She still featured Peter Okoye and Phyno for clout though. But Genevieve really tried with that film. I hope she does better with her next film as a director

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Devaro: 5:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Is a story line of a famous self acclaimed lagosian just that it was twisted a little

9/10
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by pocom35: 5:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
ednut1:
Used Eyo to portray evil, gang members were easy to find and penetrate, how can you kill someone and still allow his offspring to work for you/ protect your daughter. Fighting scenes are not Nigerian like we use guns and knife here. Black Kamaru sabi act sha

Which fighting skill is Nigerian abeg grin
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by ednut1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2023
pocom35:

Which fighting skill is Nigerian abeg grin
rushing, gidigbo, stabbing, shooting, 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Miller232: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Zeus123:
I tried to enjoyed the movie, it was a wash.

Waste of time. It's just a collection of celebrities having a good time, almost like a skit on a global scale.

The hype around Mr Bakre is just ridiculous. We have more seasoned and talented actors that can execute the major lead role properly. Gabby Afolayan etc.

The scriptwriting is just shallow. Good cameras but lacks the form of a great movie.
Now producers and directors are only good at marketing and hyping mediocrity.

Thoroughly disappointed.
Look at the obalola character and look at gabriel afolayan how do they go together??
They ve said it that its those that don't know anything that makes the most noise
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Stevyne: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
3/10
Re: Gangs Of Lagos: Ratings And Review by Inali: 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2023
I'm guessing it's gonna be a very good movie.

Getting this Oraimo freepods 4 will be the best decision to make. Cos the sound quality is out of this world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Any Body Can Dance English Sub(indian Movie) / Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? / 'Game of Thrones' finale sets new viewership record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.