Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) (58384 Views)

UK Bans Healthcare Workers From Bringing Families / Court Restrains Enugu Health Workers From Embarking On Strike Action / 195 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths, & 53 Discharged On May 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by juman(m): 4:01pm On Apr 10, 2023
Maybe they stopped it because it didnt achieve the targeted intention.
Many of those brought in are crying regretting their move.
Many of them finding it difficult to renew their working permit because they could not work enough to generate the income to do the renewal.
Particularly the carers.
Many of them were shocked when they got to abroad.
Its difficult making money in abroad.

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by bigeagleeye(m): 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
aswani:
Interesting that India is not on the list, the PM has Indian ancestry. Very interesting.

I guess strongly that you're in the UK because You're one of the few who understands the sociopolitical dynamics here. I was in a rush to see if India was on that list too.
These guys are really smart, their parents suffered in the 1900s in the UK and they're all out to reap the investments of their forefathers unto the next generation.
They've taken over all property market and even transportation..Nigerians are the only ones competing favourably with them in influx so we just got to be cut down.

2 Likes

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by seunayantokun(m): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2023
The ban has always been there, and they don't need to target you. Just target them and fly. If you see an advert online, respond to it and there you go.
As we speak, some are being processed. Don't give up, please.

2 Likes

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by juman(m): 4:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
If you are doing well, stay in nigeria.
Dont throw away your much easier way of making money and better standard of life.
Dont go abroad.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2023
90% of Africa. Lol
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Uptheante(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
LivingSage:
God bless them.

You can't be trained in Nigeria almost free of charge (because u paid chicken fee as tuition fee compared to Europe) without paying back to the Country, but using that knowledge to benefit European countries.

I share your sentiment. How I wish this can be implemented
You sound as if you are jealous of the fact that Nigerian doctors get opportunities abroad.
Do you have any personal beef with Nigerian doctors?

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 4:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
Praktikals1000:

What should the headline be? Some of us want to learn

Have you read the story?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2023
BennyDGreat:

Indian medical sector is affordable and reliable bro. Find out well

Initially, you were talking about India producing the best.

That's as fallacious as the 99-1 we were told their football team beat Nigeria.

I agree with the affordability. In terms of reliability, they're as reliable as others who have similar trainings, experience and facilities to work with.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
Jefferydhamer:

You can't force someone to work for you. That is the definition of slavery
is NYSC slavery?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by PotatoSalad(m): 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:
Stop holding and start trading cryptocurrency. Learn the startegy I'm using to make 500usdt weekly on futures trade. Free whatsapp class
join
If you really make 500 usdt weekly, lai lai nobody go hear about your strategy. Oya tell us how much be premium membership materials.

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by zinaunreal(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2023
No be today nah
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by LivingSage: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
Yes.
They're ungrateful for not given back to the society that made them.
You have problem with this?
Uptheante:

You sound as if you are jealous of the fact that Nigerian doctors get opportunities abroad.
Do you have any personal beef with Nigerian doctors?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by zinaunreal(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
MercySpeak:
Lol…when i just picked Nursing School form purposely for japaing.

Una no go discourage us. We go still run am!

Uk is still taking nurses. There is still canada. I fact canada is easier than UK now
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2023
coputa:
Which drugs produced in Nigeria is certified by WHO.Nigerians are only good in producing fake drugs
Our medical colleges don't have enough and modern equipments to train qualified doctors.

You have changed the initial topic to a totally different one.

Were not talking about their pharmaceutical companies.

What's your definition a "qualified doctor"?
You guys will just jump out and start talking about things/terms you don't understand well.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Oluwomonext212(m): 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
They needed Indian doctors than any other, they are better than even British Dr. And besides, Indian is large in population with lot of Doctors and IT professionals to hire in abundant.

aswani:
Interesting that India is not on the list, the PM has Indian ancestry. Very interesting.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 4:32pm On Apr 10, 2023
EKONGKING:
So India has the highest number of doctors in UK and they are not banned like Pakistan and Nigeria.

Either Indian health infrastructure is much better than 54 red list country or Indians might have influenced Uk P.M .

But as the red list is maintained by WHO , I tend to believe Indians have much better infrastructure or else why would many countries citizens would go there for cheaper treatment.
Red list is maintained by WHO?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by aswani(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigeagleeye:

I guess strongly that you're in the UK because You're one of the few who understands the sociopolitical dynamics here. I was in a rush to see if India was on that list too.
These guys are really smart, their parents suffered in the 1900s in the UK and they're all out to reap the investments of their forefathers unto the next generation.
They've taken over all property market and even transportation..Nigerians are the only ones competing favourably with them in influx so we just got to be cut down.
Not in the UK but I know people that are and you are right, Nigerians are about the only other sub group that are trying to match them stride for stride.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Onyeziokwu(m): 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
emperorlaqrin:

Nigeria as been in the Red list before now and yet Uk employers are still recruiting people.

What the red list only means is that Uk cannot advertise jobs in the Red list countries but prospective employees can make a research on a recruiting company and if they deem you fit, they all sponsor you.

Exactly, well explained mate!

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by BennyDGreat: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Initially, you were talking about India producing the best.

That's as fallacious as the 99-1 we were told their football team beat Nigeria.

I agree with the affordability. In terms of reliability, they're as reliable as others who have similar trainings, experience and facilities to work with.

I didn't say India is best.
The other guy did. Check the post.

My own opinion is India medical sector is affordable and reliable.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Uptheante(m): 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
LivingSage:
Yes.
They're ungrateful for not given back to the society that made them.
You have problem with this?
My only problem here is your obvious double standard way of analysis which is backed up by an inborn jealousy towards medical doctors.
What of engineers, pharmacists, teachers, nurses, footballers, ICT gurus, etc that are also moving abroad for greener pastures?

Why didn't you also demand that they stay back & give back to the society the way you jealously want doctors to do?

Did Nigerian doctors stop you from pursuing your career abroad?

Are they responsible for whatever problem & frustration you have?

What of the politicians that use taxpayers money for medical treatment abroad instead of equiping & raising up the standard of our healthcare institutions & also improving the working conditions of doctors & their salaries plus arrears?

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by SuyaEater(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
This is good news. Too much brain drain, fix your country then UK will be irrelevant.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2023
bigeagleeye:

You do not know and do not know that you don't know.still you think you know it.

The background to all of this is sustained criticism that rich countries are using economic power to take away doctors from poor countries.
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/foreign-aid-covid-vaccines-doctors-nurses-trained-abroad-b1864069.html

That is the first thing
The second thing is there is NO STOPPAGE recruitment of Nigerian doctors
NONE. WHATSOEVER
The only thing that will change is they will not come to Nigeria and they will not run adverts in Nigeria. and recruitment agencies will not. TARGET
Nigerian doctors who want to work in the UK will have to get there by their own efforts but there is NO RESTRICTION on Nigerian doctors working in the UK if they want to
Finally most Nigerian doctors working in the UK did not get there by ACTIVE recruitment so this will change nothing really
It is just an acknowledgement of the criticism that the rich countries are taking doctors from poor countries.

This policy allows them to say
N.a. Dem dey rush us

That is all

2 Likes

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Praktikals1000: 4:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gajagojo:

Have you read the story?
Yes, I have and I have a question. Does this policy affect care givers ?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by LivingSage: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
You're a medical doctor grin

Nothing like jealousy here.
If possible, same to all profession.

Why I was specific about doctor is because they're more peculiar with this career abroad
Uptheante:

My only problem here is your obvious double standard way of analysis which is backed up by an inborn jealousy towards medical doctors.
What of engineers, pharmacists, teachers, nurses, footballers, ICT gurus, etc that are also moving abroad for greener pastures?

Why didn't you also demand that they stay back & give back to the society the way you jealously want doctors to do?

Did Nigerian doctors stop you from pursuing your career abroad?

Are they responsible for whatever problem & frustration you have?

What of the politicians that use taxpayers money for medical treatment abroad instead of equiping & raising up the standard of our healthcare institutions & also improving the working conditions of doctors & their salaries plus arrears?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 5:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Praktikals1000:

Yes, I have and I have a question. Does this policy affect care givers ?
card givers are essentially unskilled workers.

This doctor policy is not an immigration policy it is a recruitment policy

As far as unskilled HCAs are concerned I don't think anyone can get employment from Nigeria for immigration rules. The salary is too low and there is a minimum salary you have to earn to get a work visa because they only want people with skills
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 5:05pm On Apr 10, 2023
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by okorogodwin4(m): 5:08pm On Apr 10, 2023
They should chase the criminal drug Baron who is on medical tourism without delay if they are serious
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by samfrancis1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:
Stop holding and start trading cryptocurrency. Learn the startegy I'm using to make 500usdt weekly on futures trade. Free whatsapp class
join
Free wgatsapp class or where we be made to go through your YouTube page, comment on it cause you need traffic, then still ask us to pay certain amount to learn what you called free?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by AssCraver: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2023
leanonme82:

What does this have to do with APC?

This was based on WHO's declaration last month. Did you read the article? It said:

The WHO on March 8, 2023, listed Nigeria and other 54 countries as facing the most pressing health workforce challenges related to universal health coverage.

Don’t claim u don’t understand what he said. What he means is they won’t be able to dodge the evil APC government they voted for, because abroad was their hope at last Incase things went bad in the country
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Praktikals1000: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gajagojo:
card givers are essentially unskilled workers.

This doctor policy is not an immigration policy it is a recruitment policy

As far as unskilled HCAs are concerned I don't think anyone can get employment from Nigeria for immigration rules. The salary is too low and there is a minimum salary you have to earn to get a work visa because they only want people with skills
Thanks for the enlighment.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Hanndye: 5:18pm On Apr 10, 2023
Now they will be shouting racism (as if they don't have their own tribalism).
Hitherto they have been shouting brain drain. I think patience can bring about a well deserving decision.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by samwillyco1(m): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2023
They should also stop our politicians from attending medical services from their country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Paul Arisa, Cancer Patient Is Dead (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.