Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) (58381 Views)

UK Bans Healthcare Workers From Bringing Families / Court Restrains Enugu Health Workers From Embarking On Strike Action / 195 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 Deaths, & 53 Discharged On May 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by frankson1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Bro dont kid urself how many schools have the ability to perform a heart surgery or preserve a forensic evidence for future use. Have you ever heard that the federal government purchased a number of equipments for experiment for different universities

I don't doubt you because it's just the truth you stated.

Don't also forget that the UK government only accept 'ready-made' Doctors.

Well, the Nigeria situation is parthetic and I don't know what else the Doctors need to do to change this when industrial actions have failed to draw the attention of those who are supposed to see that the schools are well equipped.

This is a very big problem and the leaders are not ready to sort this out.

It's a shame though.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by BackFromBalablu: 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2023
nairalanda1:

I hate to inform you, but it has nothing to do with APC, and everything to do with the fact that the UK feels uncomfortable about poaching Nigerian and other developing countries doctors.

Also, why should you be happy if our doctors are going abroad? It puts strain on those left behind.

PLus, even if they voted Peter Obi, (and speaking as a medico, most of my colleagues voted for Obi)...would it stop doctors leaving for foregin shores.Were they not leaving before Buhari came along self?
the point which you made is right, bt the way our country is, it's way discouraging. Bad government! undecided let me ask you a question. If you were given an oppurtunity to choose to work outside nigeria or to work in nigeria and you'd be given the job quickly, which would you choose?
Am not trying to paint nigeria bad, bt u can cover a black paint with white paint. Our hope for this country keeps dying day to day cause of the bad government we have. This news is painful to be honest with you bt u won't understand cry

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by LordErrk: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Stay home and develop your country is the message. Honestly the health care sector in Nigeria needs serious work

The Doctors are very ready, but the government is not. Most Doctors who graduate and plan to practice, do so knowing that they're going to live a life of service...but no one can serve on an empty stomach
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Westerhoffe(m): 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:
To Doctors that voted APC.. You go dey this country for the next 16 years

They wanted to save their jobs, right?
Now they can have it.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
sunbreaker:
do you read at all? Blind man
No need for insolence because you think you are anonymous online
That is gratuitously harsh. Not necessary
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
lildush:
They should also stop treating public officials from Nigeria... Let the equation be balance.. let's all come home and develop our country..

NIGERIANS AND OBIDIENTS SHOULD FOLLOW THIS UP IN UK, AS APC FOLLOW BANING OF NIGERIA DOCTORS IN UK.

WE MUST DO OUR OWN CONTRIBUTION.

NO DULLING!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Porpulace: 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2023
aswani:
Interesting that India is not on the list, the PM has Indian ancestry. Very interesting.

India graduates almost 50,000 new doctors every year.

Nigeria doesn't produce up to one-third of that number.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
BUHARI SHOULD GO FOR TREATMENT IN DAURA.

MAKE TINUBU LEAVE FROM RETURN TO IRAGBIJI IN OSUN STATE. angry
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by SpatialKing(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Stay home and develop your country is the message. Honestly the health care sector in Nigeria needs serious work

Even Tinubu cannot stay at home

What a useless president he will be
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2023
hammerT:

HOW? WHEN ALL THEIR AGENCY WILL VET AND FILTER OUT NIGERIANS WITH A.I. TECHNOLOGY.

U THINK UK NEED NIGERIANS?

U ARE WRONG, IT IS NIGERIAN DOCTORS THAT NEED UK.

AS IT STANDS, THEY ARE BLOCKED.

You are terribly wrong. We've been blocked since 2021

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sunnewsonline.com/uk-stops-recruitment-of-doctors-nurses-from-nigeria-46-other-countries/%3famp
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by amerengues(m): 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
GorillaApp:

Are you for real? I get people wey dey on this health care route o.
Hope this no affect them

It's an area I have researched extensively. 100% correct.

I review their list everyday alongside their codes of recruitment ethics and policies.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by silbert(m): 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
Wodu89:

Can there be any meaningful development without the seriousness of the Government? For any business to grow the owner will have to show some level of seriousness, asking them to stay and development this country is a waste of time, for me they should find a way to japa after all they would start small anywhere they go instead of wasting their time in Nigeria.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by tunapawizzy: 1:49pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:
looooooooooooooooooooool grin grin grin grin
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by lildush(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
hammerT:

NIGERIANS AND OBIDIENTS SHOULD FOLLOW THIS UP IN UK, AS APC FOLLOW BANING OF NIGERIA DOCTORS IN UK.

WE MUST DO OUR OWN CONTRIBUTION.

NO DULLING!

Will be a good idea.. this is the only way we can grow.. as Nigerians. We always like it the hard way
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by nedekid: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
unclejb2:
After they have harvested all the good hands and left us with the quota doctors and quota health practitioners of northern origin....

90% of our competent doctors have gone except those who own their own hospitals.
You hit the nail on the head.
My paddy that is a consultant anesthesiologist, I wonder what he is doing in Nigeria all these years when someone at his level in the US could be earning over $500k.
Abi him get kleg?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
Thegamingorca:

You are terribly wrong. We've been blocked since 2021

AS A NATION UK BENEFITED FROM OUR RESOURCES TILL THIS DAY.

ARE WE SUPPOSE TO BE BLOCKING WAY FOR OUR CITIZENS?

OR HELPING THEM TO OPEN DOORS?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Otunbakayce: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
According to the comments here, to be a supporter of APC you must be a lowlife, wicked, wretched and also an head slammers.
They won't hold their leaders and government responsible but always looking for who to hate.
They did it to Emefiele for cashless policy instead calling out buhari, they did it to Igbo's instead of campaigning with their candidate or party achievement, now they want to drag back health workers instead of holding their government accountable.

I am registered to work in the UK already with a job in view and leaving soon.
All these won't stop us as many of us has been leaving even after all these useless list of countries.
If you are pained go and write jamb and study medicine or medical courses.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Ybaby: 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:

You are just wicked grin grin but no doctor in Thier right mind voted APC plus APC is not there on merit of voting but by Yakubus selection
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
hammerT:

AS A NATION UK BENEFITED FROM OUR RESOURCES TILL THIS DAY.

ARE WE SUPPOSE TO BE BLOCKING WAY FOR OUR CITIZENS?

OR HELPING THEM TO OPEN DOORS?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sunnewsonline.com/uk-stops-recruitment-of-doctors-nurses-from-nigeria-46-other-countries/%3famp
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Angelfrost(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
hammerT:

THAT IS JUST IT, IN AS MUCH AS THEY ARE LEAVEING, IF NIGERIA TAKE A CHUNK OF THAT OIL MONEY THEY LOOT TO SWISS ACCOUNT AND TINUBU IS SHARING TO INVEST IN HEALTH SECTOR, ALOT OF THE DOCTORS WILL RETURN.

AS OF TODAY, NIGERIA SHOULD JUST LEAVE THE HEALTH WORKERS ALONE TO FIND THEIR WAY.

SINCE WE PREFER TO DIE FOR BUHARI AND TINUBU ELECTION,.

USELESS PEOPLE!

Thank you!

Please, loud it to the fake ass Patriots with their hypocrisy of always demanding that citizens stay back but can never voice out against their leaders constantly traveling out for minor health checks.

The current President elect can't even use a single hospital in the Lagos he brags about!

That's how messed up things are!

1 Like

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by sunbreaker: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Gajagojo:

No need for insolence because you think you are anonymous online
That is gratuitously harsh. Not necessary
sorry for that bro,the way some people contribute to issue will make you do wrong thing unknowingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Thegamingorca(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2023
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by hammerT: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
THESE POLITICIANS ACTING AS IF THEY CARE, DONT PATRONISE NIGERIA DOCTORS.

THEY GO ABROAD FOR THEIR HEALTHCARE, SO WHO ARE THEY STOPPING NIGERIA DOCTORS TO TREAT IN NIGERIANS?

ANIMALS?

NIGERIAN DOCTORS DONE TURN VET FOR THEIR EYES, ABI?
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by bencr7: 1:53pm On Apr 10, 2023
LivingSage:
God bless them.

You can't be trained in Nigeria almost free of charge (because u paid chicken fee as tuition fee compared to Europe) without paying back to the Country, but using that knowledge to benefit European countries.

then tell ur government to improve d health services in d country.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by maldino: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
popesco123:
No India and Pakistan? These people na real coded people. No like our toothless barking bull dog we have as leaders.

Pakistan is there...but No India
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by tunapawizzy: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Like I always say, IT WILL SURELY GO ROUND.....
the leaders fail to take care of the health system.....WHO designates the country as challenged in healthcare management...UK that has been saving Nigerians, that u planned to japa to close door.......as long as u keep voting based on tribe and not competence and conscience......the mess will surely go round.....
- the naira will depreciate so much that whatever u think u will gain from the incompetent person u voted will not be enough for u to pay tuition
when u consider exchange rate
somehow e go touch everybody
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 1:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
A few examples
Soldiers went to Uniben to cause chaos during the cash crunch. There was no official response from government
Soldiers went to a police station and killed two policemen. No reaction from the National assembly
A member of the House of representatives was slapped by soldiers and they passed a resolution in anger.
Buhari and his family do not trust the health care system
Tinubu does not
ASUU was on strike for nearly a year. Buhari 's daughter in law was graduating in London
Gbajamiala was posting picture of himself at Harvard.
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Masterito(m): 1:57pm On Apr 10, 2023
Advice yourself first, you need it more.
Wodu89:

Improve on your reading and comprehension skills.

I said the message is to develop your country. I never directed it to professionals. If I'm one, I won't practice here. You people should learn to read before you respond abeg
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Wodu89: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
Masterito:
Advice yourself first, you need it more.

Get lost. I'm doing not bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by YesDaddyTill203: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
scholarsfunding:

If they had voted for HELL U PEE, may be the religious fanatical Yes Daddy Conman would have prevented Nigeria from being on the list. Zombidients and shallow logic are like 5 and 6.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Gajagojo: 1:59pm On Apr 10, 2023
sunbreaker:
sorry for that bro,the way some people contribute to issue will make you do wrong thing unknowingly.
Hmmm
well being a human being is a huge privilege and responsibility..
No one comes to this world with any knowledge.
Everyone does not have the same abilities
Re: UK Stops Recruiting Healthcare Workers From Nigeria, 53 Others (Full List) by Masterito(m): 2:00pm On Apr 10, 2023
Lol, you also need to see a psychiatrist.
Wodu89:

Get lost. I'm doing not bad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Paul Arisa, Cancer Patient Is Dead (Photos) / 4-Year-Old Girl Suffers Nephrotic Syndrome In Kaduna. Photo / Baby Born Without Anus In Delta State (Viewers Discretion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.