Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees (45955 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by obembet(f): 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
Edoziesmart:

Igbo backward?
You must be a joker.

Are you not ashame that someone that left Igbo land to your region is doing well more than your tribe person (Yoruba)

Check the percentage of house owners in Lagos Island between Igbos and Yorubas and tell me whose tribe is doing well between the two.

All the house in Lagos belong to Igbo, u will forever be a stranger in our land... Come and build house in our region, we go always welcome una, when u die, we go carry una dead body back to una village.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by beejay85: 11:02pm On Apr 10, 2023
suckmedownthere:
Men this one Na bookworm, she goes to school for a living.....
It's honorary...not academic..
Notwithstanding I haven't read her books but I have heard her speak..
She is very expressive,confident and outspoken just like Late Dora Akunyili..
I once watched a video where a French female interviewer asked her if we v got libraries in Nigeria.. grin
Chima gave her a punch in d face response..
Best attention to give to ladies like Chima..Prof Uju Anya when they criticize you is to ignore them..cos they have got a world behinnd them you will hardly please or convince
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BarakBB: 11:07pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

No vase bro. No mind that Yoruba Muslim trying to gaslight our Chimamanda
I think you guys are not helping with this kind of comment. Attack on yoruba muslims, n't helping at all.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by gragz8701: 11:21pm On Apr 10, 2023
APCNig:

Bookworms study STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), not fiction writing. STEM is what makes some countries being classified as developed and some as underdeveloped, not story writing.

You deserve an accolade
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by maco1: 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
If she that good she would have won noble laurel. The most prestigious in the world not honorary Dr
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Zeejohnson: 11:26pm On Apr 10, 2023
tinsel:

How old are you?
Soyinka has over 40 and stopped receiving since 2018. The highest award for any profession in the world is Noble prize. There is no basis for comparison between the two. The other is too small here her senior is. But , again she is a genius. I must admit this.

Chimamanda has Integrity but Soyinka doesn't. What could be worse than that?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by shine12: 11:27pm On Apr 10, 2023
Fineman2:
This woman is truly a rare gem

I am a day one follower of Chimamanda. Where is Kalamazoo College,MH on the list?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by lordprogress: 11:39pm On Apr 10, 2023
suckmedownthere:
Men this one Na bookworm, she goes to school for a living.....
Honorary she doesn't need to pass through any program.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by richie240: 11:42pm On Apr 10, 2023
tinsel:
. You have shown your bitterness and true color. No need to argue with you further.
You try as u dey try educate d headless mobs, but deep inside a part of me, I dey chuckle bcus as much as d obidients are concerned, u are talking to a reinforced wall. Whatever u say CANNOT enter their ears.

Don't be surprised when one of them extends their dicck-measuring adventure towards their private parts by saying that Ngozi's clitoris is longer than WS's penïs.

You go hear Tori Taya today!
grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by luluman: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

She is our daughter. Don't mind those jealous Yoruba Muslims 🤣😂😅😂🤣
Now you start the dumb thing: what has yoruba muslims got to do with the achievements?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by luluman: 11:44pm On Apr 10, 2023
BombAttack:

We are happy for her😂🤣😅😆
Go and look for Kemi Adeosun
If you are happy for then focus on celebrating her and leave others alone.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by luluman: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
kettykin:
This what we call Ezenwanyi. May all her enemies perish like the dead fish in Lagos lagoon
Is it the same Lagoon that is to consume all flat heads?
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Tinubuderanged: 11:46pm On Apr 10, 2023
These are the type of people Nigeria want, not a drug Barron.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by tinsel: 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2023
Zeejohnson:

Probably, you were not born during the Nigeria war. Read his story. this is enough for you.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by IbileIfe: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2023
derecho:
In just 7years?

The same period APC government destroyed Nigeria And Soyinka's fame started dipping

Intellectual ignorance is a terrible thing.
Prof. Wole Soyinka's fame has nothing to do with your local politics and stupidity.
He is forever the first African Nobel Laureate in Literature given to him in 1986 when he was 52.
He is a polymath and polyglot.
There has never been any black literary scholar like him in history.
Wole Soyinka is an institution in modern civilization.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wole_Soyinka
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by IbileIfe: 12:04am On Apr 11, 2023
Tinubuderanged:
These are the type of people Nigeria want, not a drug Barron.
There are more drug barons among Igbos than any other tribe in Africa.
I mean drug lords making millions of dollars.
What the President-Elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu paid back for heroin 20 years ago is what one Igbo drug lords makes annually today.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 11, 2023
Fineman2:
This woman is truly a rare gem

This woman is the definition of brain and influence
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 12:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Honorary

She is making her Alambla, Aba, Iweka Load, etc and Anaba bloders ploud.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 12:21am On Apr 11, 2023
It is certain that that presidential election defeat will send sone tribes into early comma. They can’t wrap their heads round it at all. Online polls served them pois.onous breakfast.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by honourwealth(m): 12:32am On Apr 11, 2023
BombAttack:

She is our daughter. Don't mind those jealous Yoruba Muslims 🤣😂😅😂🤣
Are we all mxd must will always speak about culture, religion or tribe. why this daily quote "they oppose us because we are not part of their region" " We are supporting him/her because is the our own very son of this soil"

Adesanya won this week, he displayed Nigeria flag not as yoruba, S. Chukwueze scored the equaliser goal in first half and winning goal against Madrid the commentator The commentator named all the Nigerian football legends he could remember to acknowledge exceptional impact of him as a Nigerian not as any tribe.
Must we relate, analysis, or interpret other people's opinion on the ground of region or race.
We have a different aim
while Our leaders aim are the same to rule us by rotational policy from father to son.have any Nigerian arrested in diaspora regarded as a specific tribe rather, 'Nigerian caught with this or that'
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by MeineMutter: 12:33am On Apr 11, 2023
MatrixCircle:

Do you know who they call Joseph Spliglitz, Ben Benanki, Alan Greenspan, Ngozi okonjo just a few.
Find out what they studied and the impact they made .
Do you know why Nigerias debt was written off by Paris club during Obasanjo's regime.
Find out you go know why.
Do you know why Nigerias present debt can't be written off by thier creditors ??
That's the reason you need some sound people in your cabinet. This no be dey make tribal noise. A lot you don't know.
This same Peter Obi is a Havard alumni if you didn't know.

Obi that went for 2weeks course at Havard. Chai. Igbos are daaaaft.

It is not the type of people on a caninaye that warrants debt forgiveness. Get your facts right. It is lobbying and pleading and when the creditor sees that a country is truly poor, they write off debt on a compassionate ground.

Mind you, Paris Club is not government of Paris or France o. They are investors. Because olodo ni 98% eyin Yinminri omo iya oni gaari.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Gabriel004: 12:36am On Apr 11, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
Nobel prize won after licking the ass of the Europeans and betraying his black brothers?
The thing really pain you.

Let your father go and lick their ass to win ordinary 100dollars.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Gabriel004: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
His Nobel prize is useless.
Just as your father is useless.

Your father is not even measure to the rags he use to clean his shoes.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Gabriel004: 12:42am On Apr 11, 2023
whippersnapper:
Achebe and ngugi no get nobel prize oh
Because they are no match to Wole Soyinka.

Yorubas get Grammy award winners

Yorubas get Nobel prize winner.

Why won't you envy and hate.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Gabriel004: 12:44am On Apr 11, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

She is IPOB. She won't speak against iPOB killings of her own people.
With all her education, she said she support Obi cos he's igbo not because she wants better Nigeria.

Her education is a waste
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by Richwallet: 1:25am On Apr 11, 2023
Who ever said West African women were ugly? grin This lady fine.

I don't care nothing about her degrees. A woman's number one attribute is her beauty.

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by XAUBulls: 1:36am On Apr 11, 2023
broadman20:

That's the major reason why he came out of school with a 3rd class degree.
False!

Prof. Wole Soyinka graduated with a Second Class Upper from the
University College Ibadan, NOT with a Third Class.

As far back as 2013, the brilliant WS had debunked that silly Third Class false rumor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by HBB1(m): 2:11am On Apr 11, 2023
Zeejohnson:

Soyinka that held up a radio station at gunpoint to prevent election rigging does not have integrity.

Soyinka that was in solitary confinment for 2 years does not have integrity.

Soyinka that Abacha passed a death sentence on does not have integrity.

Lived in exile for so many years...

All for what he believed in.

Gosh, you must be a neophyte.
This is so embarassing...

Or you think it is just by speaking English?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BeanX(m): 2:14am On Apr 11, 2023
webizone:

My dear, not when your opponents are facing you with the same insults and lack of decorum. Have you seen the type of comments targeted against the obidients? So I don't blame them. Like I said, if Soyinka was wise, that's not the place to talk and put himself into the fray. He should have just kept quiet like he had been.
From what I've seen so far, obidients are always the one that attack first especially once you don't support their candidate and this isn't right but undemocratic. election isn't a battlefield. if someone doesn't support your candidate stop using derogatory and vile words on that person.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by BeanX(m): 2:18am On Apr 11, 2023
Zeejohnson:

Just imagine this nonsense? u must really be a kid.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie's 18 Honorary Doctorate Degrees by HBB1(m): 2:23am On Apr 11, 2023
BeanX:
From what I've seen so far, obidients are always the one that attack first especially once you don't support their candidate and this isn't right but undemocratic. election isn't a battlefield. if someone doesn't your candidate stop using derogatory and vile words on that person.

I am a big Obi fan, but the average Obedient is churlish and uncouth.

It is actually quite disturbing.

I have washed my hands off them since.

You want to bully Nigerians into an Obi Presidency?
Is that not a recipe for anarchy.

APC's wrongdoings will not make me close my eyes to disgusting behaviour even if it is from Obi.

That's how fanaticism started with Trump and led to them storming the Capitol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Hearts and Hints Magazines / Here Is How To Get Any Fictional Novel By Any Author At All / How Gbenga Found Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.