Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) (59471 Views)

Female Chorister Discovered To Be A Man After Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Mentally-Challenged Woman Gives Birth To Baby Girl By Roadside In Ebonyi (Pix) / Lorna Breen: US Doctor Dies By Committing Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
Remote controlled dead aka village... RIP
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DevilSignature: 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
post=122459294:
See Death News, Coming From Port Harcourt

Proudly Brought To You By
dae even cover reach my backyard

Baba God please I don't want to be covered by

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
So, no one could do CPR?!!... And no attempt to rush him to the hospital!

But, cameras wasted no time to come on!

If Dem call this part of the world Zoo or jungle, some of una go begin dey vex but most times we no just dey try!
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by NaijaCover(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
DevilSignature:

dae even cover reach my backyard

Baba God please I don't want to be covered by

, still Remains The King Of Bad News In This Country, Nigeria.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Blupen969(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
one4GOD:
he was trying to rationalise how in the world someone will support APC in this present day nigeria and looking at the blink future that awaits this country if they are allowed to be in power again, so he lost so his soul disconnected from his body to japa to a more saner country
You know exactly what happened bros
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by DevilSignature: 1:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
post=122467149:

, still Remains The King Of Bad News In This Country, Nigeria.
I cover myself with the blood of Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by SMARTMOTORS(m): 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
wiseone28:
Easy to sit in your house and criticize..

They have told you why they are not touching the man because of police wahala but you sit in your house forming woke
"The measure of Life is not in it's Duration but I'm it's Donation"....I pray you do something meaningful with your life before you die.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Originalsly: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2023
Was good for people to snap and post online in the hope that his relatives can ID him. Sooo many lives can be saved if people will assist instead of just standing around and being spectators... and I'm almost sure in that crowd there are medical medical people who know what to do ... willing to help... like sooo many others standing around... but wouldn't because of fear of consequences. This is very sad.... someone can be punished for trying to save the life of another. How sad? ... in the US.... one can face charges for not helping ... failure to render assistance. If you're a doctor or nurse .... worse. This practice needs to stop... and will only stop when someone in the government with a heart ... and balls can say it must stop ... and mercilessly enforce the ruling. Wike can fit this bill.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by wiseone28: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
"The measure of Life is not in it's Duration but I'm it's Donation"....I pray you do something meaningful with your life before you die.
off point
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by spiceadole: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
poshestmina:

I personally know a guy that was imprisoned for 3 years and some months because he helped an accident victim.
Npf demanded bail of #600k ,his family couldn't raise the money , straight to Kirikiri and the victim was in Coma.
No court hearing,no nothing ...

The victim got well and was called to identify if he was the driver of the bus she fell out from , she said he wasn't the one .They started going to court to bail him.
Na "sorry,sorry" end am and five hundred thousand compensation (he even rejected the money).
Almost four years of his life wasted for helping.
Now , imagine if the victim had died!.

The Npf has made it really difficult for people to help in this kind of situations... except the victim happens to be my family, I'd be careful too.

Oore niwon!

Even as a medical doctor,I will not offer first aid to such person on the road in Nigeria.
I can totally relate to your story.
I was once a victim .
2017.. I was going home from work .
I saw a crowd gathered somewhere around Rumuokoro in Port Harcourt (few minutes drive from Rumuigbo , where this particular incident occurred).
They said a man collapsed.
I parked my car,took out my sthethoscope and assessed him.
He most likely had a cardiac arrest
I started CPR and begged passerbys to assist me take him to the hospital.Nobody responded.
Eventually,a lady turned up,his wife .
And we took him to the hospital.
Unfortunately,the man passed on,within few minutes of getting to the hospital.

That was the beginning of trouble for me.
His wife accused me of killing her husband by "pressing his chest".. claimed it was the CPR that killed him.

The police arrested and detained me for 3 days.
It took efforts from my family,friends,colleagues and medical association to get me out of that mess.

I learnt my lesson the very hard way.
One of the things that propelled me to relocate to Europe.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Babastrong(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hope it's not post election heart attack? some people can kill themselves for nothing. died for Obi is as bad as died for nothing.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Westerhoffe(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
If someone had just hit him before he slumped, that person don buy market.
#SayNoToFighting
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by spiceadole: 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
Originalsly:
Was good for people to snap and post online in the hope that his relatives can ID him. Sooo many lives can be saved if people will assist instead of just standing around and being spectators... and I'm almost sure in that crowd there are medical medical people who know what to do ... willing to help... like sooo many others standing around... but wouldn't because of fear of consequences. This is very sad.... someone can be punished for trying to save the life of another. How sad? ... in the US.... one can face charges for not helping ... failure to render assistance. If you're a doctor or nurse .... worse. This practice needs to stop... and will only stop when someone in the government with a heart ... and balls can say it must stop ... and mercilessly enforce the ruling. Wike can fit this bill.

Lol..I rendered help to someone like that in Port Harcourt,few poles away from this same location.
It landed me in police custody...It was even his family who made case with me,accusing me of killing the man with my intervention.
I know the hell I went through to get out of that mess.
Guy,never again.
I'm a medical doctor.
Though,I am in Europe now..
If I ever visit Nigeria and see such scenario,I will walk away quietly.
Once bitten,always shy!

4 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by neonly: 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
I could've responded to your ignorance but I don't know what is wrong with you today tongue

What do expect from a bitter girl that was abandoned by his father because her mother couldn't keep her legs closed
Daughter of a thousand father
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:52pm On Apr 12, 2023
thesicilian:

Would you have rushed him to the hospital, paid his registration and consultation fees, test fees and deposits to commence treatment, then waited for the relatives if any to appear before leaving to the police station for statement (if he eventually died)?

You see, it's easy to condemn others until we find ourselves in their shoes

What they needed to do first was to immediately commence CPR, not to rush him to the hospital.

The actions they wrongly described as his attempts at getting up was just a period of gasping, which called for immediate CPR initiation.

Unfortunately, the average Nigerian lacks both First Aid and basic CPR skills.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by SMARTMOTORS(m): 1:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
wiseone28:
off point
I rest my case!
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by 07kjb: 1:59pm On Apr 12, 2023
It might be hunger

It might be much loss of sperm

It might be heavy frustration caused by our useless GOVERNMENT

It might be spiritual attack
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2023
“Nobody knew him. People were afraid to touch him because if police come now they may arrest you for questioning. So nobody wanted problem. The man died there.”

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, Grace Iringe-Koko, who confirmed the incident said that the command has ordered investigation into the death.

Nigerian Police and security organizations are the enemies of Nigerians
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Johnchrix(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
There's Hunger in the Land..
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by linearity: 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

What they needed to do first was to immediately commence CPR, not to rush him to the hospital.

The actions they wrongly described as his attempts at getting up was just a period of gasping, which called for immediate CPR initiation.

Unfortunately, the average Nigerian lacks both First Aid and basic CPR skills.

Bros, I dey fear you!

So you mean in that situation you will render CPR with the Nigeria factor?

Before rendering CPR, you should also pray and be an accurate betting man that, he survives and get up from there immediately after your CPR, anything other than that, you will be labeled the killer.

Because, all that the Police will have is ‘the guy fall, got up and fall again and as he was struggling on the group, this guy came and start pressing his chest very hard and that is how he died…’

Good luck on convincing the Judge that you were performing CPR, plus the other question would be are you a medical professional and did you train on the proper techniques of CPR? Even medical professionals in the current Nigeria setting would be hesitant to attempt CPR.

Pray that, may Nigeria never happen to you.

7 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Sacrosanct12(m): 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
poshestmina:

I personally know a guy that was imprisoned for 3 years and some months because he helped an accident victim.
Npf demanded bail of #600k ,his family couldn't raise the money , straight to Kirikiri and the victim was in Coma.
No court hearing,no nothing ...

The victim got well and was called to identify if he was the driver of the bus she fell out from , she said he wasn't the one .They started going to court to bail him.
Na "sorry,sorry" end am and five hundred thousand compensation (he even rejected the money).
Almost four years of his life wasted for helping.
Now , imagine if the victim had died!.

The Npf has made it really difficult for people to help in this kind of situations... except the victim happens to be my family, I'd be careful too.

Oore niwon!
something of that nature happened to my guy, he was traveling by bus ooh when the driver spotted someone by the road side bleeding from the chest he was attacked by robbers and shot but was still a bit conscious. He asked them pleadingly to save his life. It was my guy that took it up to himself to do the good work of taking and settling the hospital bills needed before treatment. The guy later got unconscious before his mum showed up, he was an only son to a rich mum. When I actually got the gist was when I asked my guy why his continuous absence at where we play soccer on Sundays that he narrated to me everything. He was going to Abuja from Lagos on every court sitting day. Been long I saw that guy again ooh. Make e no be cell that guy dey so

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Winterwear(m): 2:12pm On Apr 12, 2023
Blood pressure fit do this one oooo. 😢
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by sparko1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
darling2424:
They didn't even make an attempt to rush him to the hospital first,what you do yo people shall eventually return to you in another way

So that they will be arrested by police

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

What nonsense talk is this? I thought you claim to work in the lab, or some kind of doctor? 🤷‍♂️
There are many scientific explanations for why people slump and die, and one of the most common is because of a heart attack. When the heart is not getting enough blood, it can start to malfunction and eventually stop working, which can lead to death.

Other reasons for people to slump and die can include stroke, cancer, and respiratory failure. Not aware of that?

Don't mind the stupid fool..

Women talk anyhow
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Godwin4444: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
Lifewasgood:
The country is so bad that instead of people to help a dying man get to the hospital, they were busy taking photos and posting on social media.

I don't blame them considering the state of the country, being a good samaritan can earn you free accomodation in a cell. Also the policy of hospitals needing down payment before adminstering treatment in emergencies is another reason people don't help those in such situations.

Take care of your heart, many cases of sudden death are linked to abnormal heart
2009 for ogbomosho when I dey school, we catch thief come carry am go police station. The 5 of us write statement n drop address with phone number, the following them release thief come arrest all of us for house, if no b sug wey intervene n students say them go burn d station, them don dey tell us say we go sleep cell n then go move us to court d following day

Guy fear Nigeria police ooo, as I dey like this I no dey help again ooo, if u faint around my shop na to lock shop comot first ooo, don’t pray to have anything with the police

They will know d truth n still lock u up

2 Likes

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Realist777: 2:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

What nonsense talk is this? I thought you claim to work in the lab, or some kind of doctor? 🤷‍♂️
There are many scientific explanations for why people slump and die, and one of the most common is because of a heart attack. When the heart is not getting enough blood, it can start to malfunction and eventually stop working, which can lead to death.

Other reasons for people to slump and die can include stroke, cancer, and respiratory failure. Not aware of that?
The nigga ain't no doctor man!
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by ghm: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
judatech:
You mean everyone was just watching the guy die? 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Thank you for asking. God will deliever us in this country.

I was an eye witness of similar thing in a remote town in UK. A woman slumped, hit her head on an iron bar, she was lifeless on the floor. People rushed to her, they gave her water, another brought cloth and another called an ambulance. The ambulance came in 7 minutes, took the woman away and 3 days later she came around healthy with bandage on her head. thanking everybody in that area for their help that her life was restored.

Why should people be looking like that when there is a vulnberable person that really need their help? This is not because of Buhari, Wike, APC, PDP or LP, this is what Nigerians are becoming. We have to start doing better please.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Originalsly: 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
spiceadole:

It landed me in police custody...it was even his family who made case with me,accusing me of killing the man with my intervention.
I know the hell I went through to get out of that mess.
Guy,never again.
I'm a medical doctor.

Once bitten,always shy!

Wow!... this runs deeper that I imagined ... which way??
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Godwin4444: 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
samwillyco1:
Tinubu never enter and people don dey faint anyhow by the road side
so people don’t die in America?

So people don’t die by d roadside abroad?
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Hokage001(m): 2:23pm On Apr 12, 2023
Fut9ure:
Rest in peace If only he was not Apc and tinubu supporter

This your uncontrollable wailing in pain that has been going on for some time now it's really amusing 😂😂

Cry from now till tomorrow still won't change the outcome of election
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Godwin4444: 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
Bahamas95:
"According to the witness, passersby who gathered around the man were only taking pictures instead of helping him."

You see? This is one of the reasons why I hate most Nigerians, the wickedness in the land is too much.
touch am now make e die for your hand make police come say na u kill am

It’s like u are not staying in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.