Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,423 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) (59469 Views)

Female Chorister Discovered To Be A Man After Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Mentally-Challenged Woman Gives Birth To Baby Girl By Roadside In Ebonyi (Pix) / Lorna Breen: US Doctor Dies By Committing Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Sacrosanct12(m): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2023
Lifewasgood:
God knows that after hearing the man is missing for two days, i go drop phone where i take see am or throwaway the sim.

By the time you and your bros got to the meeting place, the man's dead body has been found. How una for take explain say nor be una kill am?
bro follow me think am na, na me do mistake call with my own sim card. Imagine na small phone those type phone wey Dem fit dey sell 500naira use the money buy kolos. I just thought that if I say make I die the matter e go dey suspicious more and they fit track that my number and then all their allegations go get point. I talk for my mind say if that woman call me again I go burn that sim card to ashes.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by victorVIC1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

What nonsense talk is this? I thought you claim to work in the lab, or some kind of doctor? 🤷‍♂️
There are many scientific explanations for why people slump and die, and one of the most common is because of a heart attack. When the heart is not getting enough blood, it can start to malfunction and eventually stop working, which can lead to death.

Other reasons for people to slump and die can include stroke, cancer, and respiratory failure. Not aware of that?

Shows you how the standard of education has declined seriously.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Lifewasgood: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
bro follow me think am na, na me do mistake call with my own sim card. Imagine na small phone those type phone wey Dem fit dey sell 500naira use the money buy kolos. I just thought that if I say make I die the matter e go dey suspicious more and they fit track that my number and then all their allegations go get point. I talk for my mind say if that woman call me again I go burn that sim card to ashes.
Omo be more careful next time to avoid story that touches the heart abeg.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Gerard28: 4:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
judatech:
You mean everyone was just watching the guy die? 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

My dear, you don't know Port Harcourt people o.

Somebody can be getting robbed right before your eyes in public and people will be passing by. What they will be saying is "Abeg make I no put mouth o, make dem no come for me later"

"Nothing concern me behavior" na wetin full port Harcourt

Very anyhow people

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by tenpipsperday: 4:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
judatech:

Yes thats is 9ja for you . If you try to help the man and the unexpected happens and these bribe taking mugus catche you na you kill am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Bahamas95(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
Godwin4444:
touch am now make e die for your hand make police come say na u kill am

It’s like u are not staying in Nigeria
Assuming the man na member of your family you go reason like dis?

Whenever you hear Nigerians say "abeg I dey mind my business o" they're indirectly telling you "I am very wicked o"

Oga some deaths in Nigeria are avoidable, let's be our brother's keeper....... Wickedness will take us no where in this country that's why Nigeria is still the way it is.

In sane climes you can call the police to help you rescue your pet and they would show up, but in Nigeria you'll see passersby taking pictures of a dying person to upload on social media instead of helping out.

Arrest wetin? How many people police wan arrest if people speak with one voice?
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by AsaBlackheart(m): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

What nonsense talk is this? I thought you claim to work in the lab, or some kind of doctor? 🤷‍♂️
There are many scientific explanations for why people slump and die, and one of the most common is because of a heart attack. When the heart is not getting enough blood, it can start to malfunction and eventually stop working, which can lead to death.

Other reasons for people to slump and die can include stroke, cancer, and respiratory failure. Not aware of that?

Jennyclay is a bitter woman who uses feminism to cover up her bitterness towards life and instead bashes men any chance she gets. Hope she bashes her father the same way lmao. Ignore the attention seeking biatch
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by briggson07(m): 4:41pm On Apr 12, 2023
Port Harcourt no easy o

Rest in peace
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kulkris(m): 4:54pm On Apr 12, 2023
Shows again why we are 2000 years behind the developed countries.

These are very rare situations over there because basic Life Saving skills is a primary skillset taught at all levels unlike the situation here.

Secondly,imagine people were even afraid to help because of how our law enforcement agencies think and act here.

What a nation!
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by asksteve(m): 5:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Thanks for your thoughtful response.
It is difficult to imagine in this age and time that when such happens a sane person will ascribe it to ikarma at work.

No wonder people were busy taking pictures and doing videos to post online instead of rushing him to the nearest health facility.

We don't value life in this country until it is our own at stake, which is why the police who are partially the cause of this inhumane behaviour will arrest, detain and torture a good Samaritan that tries to help all in the name of investigation.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Mrsoft3(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
highchief1:
brother when we small if person faint them poor am water e go wake.now so once person fall e don go.I can’t understand o

Na explanation wey nobody don give us be that.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by highchief1: 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
Mrsoft3:

Na explanation wey nobody don give us be that.
it used to be faint now it’s slump.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nyanabo(m): 5:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
Must have been seizure, how I wished I passed there today, I would have helped him. This is bad.

Nigerians love taking pictures instead of helping victims. Especially during accidents
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:01pm On Apr 12, 2023
poshestmina:

I personally know a guy that was imprisoned for 3 years and some months because he helped an accident victim.
Npf demanded bail of #600k ,his family couldn't raise the money , straight to Kirikiri and the victim was in Coma.
No court hearing,no nothing ...

The victim got well and was called to identify if he was the driver of the bus she fell out from , she said he wasn't the one .They started going to court to bail him.
Na "sorry,sorry" end am and five hundred thousand compensation (he even rejected the money).
Almost four years of his life wasted for helping.
Now , imagine if the victim had died!.

The Npf has made it really difficult for people to help in this kind of situations... except the victim happens to be my family, I'd be careful too.

Oore niwon!
I've been in similar situations before, it's not a pleasant situation at all. Many people have lost their lives and freedom trying to help others. And like you said, it's sorry that will end it when you manage to extricate yourself from the predicament.
The best way to survive in this country is to live as though it's a jungle.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Queendera(f): 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2023
Draslo:
The worst way to die is scared and alone.
it won't matter to you if you are dead.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
spiceadole:

Even as a medical doctor,I will not offer first aid to such person on the road in Nigeria.
I can totally relate to your story.
I was once a victim .
2017.. I was going home from work .
I saw a crowd gathered somewhere around Rumuokoro in Port Harcourt (few minutes drive from Rumuigbo , where this particular incident occurred).
They said a man collapsed.
I parked my car,took out my sthethoscope and assessed him.
He most likely had a cardiac arrest
I started CPR and begged passerbys to assist me take him to the hospital.Nobody responded.
Eventually,a lady turned up,his wife .
And we took him to the hospital.
Unfortunately,the man passed on,within few minutes of getting to the hospital.

That was the beginning of trouble for me.
His wife accused me of killing her husband by "pressing his chest".. claimed it was the CPR that killed him.

The police arrested and detained me for 3 days.
It took efforts from my family,friends,colleagues and medical association to get me out of that mess.

I learnt my lesson the very hard way.
One of the things that propelled me to relocate to Europe.

Lol. And most people here shouting humanity upandan will definitely learn the hard way before they realize that those who chose to walk away from the man were neither fools nor wicked.

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:06pm On Apr 12, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

What they needed to do first was to immediately commence CPR, not to rush him to the hospital.

The actions they wrongly described as his attempts at getting up was just a period of gasping, which called for immediate CPR initiation.

Unfortunately, the average Nigerian lacks both First Aid and basic CPR skills.
I know First Aids, CPR, BLS, ACLS, PALS etc. And I also know that I live in Nigeria and my family needs me to survive above everything else. That's why there's a difference between knowledge and wisdom
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
linearity:

Bros, I dey fear you!

So you mean in that situation you will render CPR with the Nigeria factor?

Before rendering CPR, you should also pray and be an accurate betting man that, he survives and get up from there immediately after your CPR, anything other than that, you will be labeled the killer.

Because, all that the Police will have is ‘the guy fall, got up and fall again and as he was struggling on the group, this guy came and start pressing his chest very hard and that is how he died…’

Good luck on convincing the Judge that you were performing CPR, plus the other question would be are you a medical professional and did you train on the proper techniques of CPR? Even medical professionals in the current Nigeria setting would be hesitant to attempt CPR.

Pray that, may Nigeria never happen to you.
Lol. Sounds funny but it's true. It's one thing to have knowledge, but another to be wise.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
ghm:

Thank you for asking. God will deliever us in this country.

I was an eye witness of similar thing in a remote town in UK. A woman slumped, hit her head on an iron bar, she was lifeless on the floor. People rushed to her, they gave her water, another brought cloth and another called an ambulance. The ambulance came in 7 minutes, took the woman away and 3 days later she came around healthy with bandage on her head. thanking everybody in that area for their help that her life was restored.

Why should people be looking like that when there is a vulnberable person that really need their help? This is not because of Buhari, Wike, APC, PDP or LP, this is what Nigerians are becoming. We have to start doing better please.
The reason we don't behave like those in the UK is because we do not live in the UK, we live in Nigeria. Nigerians are not heartless, they have just learned to adapt to their peculiar situations
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Henryfocoyo(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
post=122459341:

See More Bad News Via www.. Com
lol the guy they complain of the one way you post, u dey tell am make e go check out another one

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by thesicilian: 6:12pm On Apr 12, 2023
highchief1:
rubbish talk.I was driving home one day,at my junction,I saw a sienna and a bike on the ground with a lady,3 kids on the floor.it’s was an accident.I parked and rushed all of them to the hospital.unfortunately,the lady was pregnant she lost the baby,the 3 kids died.nobody arrested me the husband came and was thanking me.my car be like wherr them kill cow blood all over.U guys fear police too much.don’t leave someone u are supposed to help because of police o.police is human and not foolish.
I don't believe this your story one bit but perchance it's true, my prayer for you is may you never find yourself in a situation that would make you change your willingness to help others
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by highchief1: 6:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
thesicilian:

I don't believe this your story one bit but perchance it's true, my prayer for you is may you never find yourself in a situation that would make you change your willingness to help others
u get mind o.I should wish such death on anyone because I want to make u happy on nairaland.I didn’t tell u to believe I’m just saying it so if u see a situation u can save do so.I’m ready to save a life and get arrested.me and u no be the same.I know that as long as my hands are clean I’ll get over any police case.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by PerfectMan24: 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2023
judatech:
If u were there, what will u do?

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kristo123: 6:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
common cause of such is cardiac arrest
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by MemoriesAndMe: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Only scientific reasons? You didn't even consider the economic and spiritual reasons people slump and die.

Some people haven't eaten for days because of the state of the economy and may convert it to fasting in this fasting period for Christians and Muslims alike.

If that person dies without any meal in his stomach, do we blame scientific reasons for that too?
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by asksteve(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:

Only scientific reasons? You didn't even consider the economic and spiritual reasons people slump and die.

Some people haven't eaten for days because of the state of the economy and may convert it to fasting in this fasting period for Christians and Muslims alike.

If that person dies without any meal in his stomach, do we blame scientific reasons for that too?

He said other reason can include which gives room for u to add yours as u did.
The basic thing is we should change the karma mentally some of us have as it does the society no good

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by davillian(m): 7:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
If someone mistakingly push this man during a slight argument na so the man for take go....
The country is hard people's BP is going up
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Draslo(m): 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2023
Queendera:
it won't matter to you if you are dead.
You're cold
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by JAYUK(m): 8:13pm On Apr 12, 2023
RIP to him, health care in Nigeria is next to nothing,for those that have been supporting politicians depleting funds provided for health care and those supporting restriction on Doctors leaving the country,your slumping time is coming, breakfast go reach all of you.
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by spiceadole: 8:24pm On Apr 12, 2023
thesicilian:

Lol. And most people here shouting humanity upandan will definitely learn the hard way before they realize that those who chose to walk away from the man were neither fools nor wicked.

Don't mind them.
Life is a teacher.
The more you live,the more you learn

1 Like

Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by izubext007: 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2023
No body wish to help , they are just looking like lukman
Re: Man Slumps And Dies By Roadside In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Pkaty62(m): 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Slumps And Dies In Lagos During Early Morning Jogging (Photo) / World's Hottest Looking Black Doctors And Nurses (Photos) / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.