Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,007 members, 7,835,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations (37694 Views)

Sexual Harassment: Victim’s Result Still Withheld By OAU After Lecturer’s Jail / OAU students trapped following a downpour, today, in Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos / Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by SaLongs1(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:
sad

Slowly the post election hate runs very deep and the targets are always the noisy ones who will enter traps

Sebi you have the guts to insult Professor Wole Soyinka using internet and freedom of speech as cover

You have that guts to go after Baba Adeboye, Adefarasin, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, and MKO

Which kind mumu yarn be dis?
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by mrLhanray(m): 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2023
Though OAU students have been practicing maximum shi shi for over two decades, even though I personally don't like it because it is barbaric, I'm not sure anyone died from it.

For this to lead to his death, means there is more to it and several reasons may have caused it.
I can't rule out tribal reasons, because Nigerians are now deeply divided along ethnic lines, educated or uneducated.

Truly, you will feel safe on OAU campus anytime and anywhere within the campus due to this SMS, but it's barbaric and a new method if punishment should have been adopted since, to prevent this tragedy of students, killing fellow student.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by inoki247: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Do u even know if it was a set up...people like u should be in prison ...u should not live within humans

Lol you people and always coming online to talk jargons I av the right to my own opinion so why're you crying under my mention...

At least we av seen Alot of people that were not setup and been mobbed so is better to stay away from another man's property is an advice...
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Risingblue008(m): 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:
sad

Slowly the post election hate runs very deep and the targets are always the noisy ones who will enter traps

Sebi you have the g

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by shineeye1: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:
Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By Students in OAU 'Maximum Shi Shi' Over Phone Theft Allegations

As shared by Chymake Baron Chymaker:

https://twitter.com/chymaker/status/1645892776608018432?s=20

https://thewhistler.ng/oau-500-level-student-tortured-to-death-for-stealing-phone-on-campus/

Facebook User, Olumide GlowVille explains the meaning of "Maximum Shi Shi"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02vEB3GmiqRjAHyiCFYq7bARFbXJxKDqMiK6VenGicBVZLhNK55Y2sgF5eFrh3ma5Tl&id=100005930495763&mibextid=Nif5oz

The full weight of the law must fall heavily upon those moderators of illegality as well as the university authorities. The university cannot justifiably claim ignorance of such illegal practice within her campus. All hands must be on deck to drag all culpable parties to court and make them pay dearly for their every act of irresponsibility
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by DeTribalisedCit: 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
maasoap:

Obi has polarised what is left of this fragile union

As expected

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by tiswell(m): 12:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
fidelmarshal199:

You are a just pathetic young man. Are you trying to turn this to tribalism too?

This has been going on in OAU for years now irrespective of the tribe of the culprits, The moderators of this one's are just gonna be the scapegoat because moderacy is required in any action.

Stealing is bad but killing a suspect for it is worse.
he stole 'allegedly"
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Angelfrost(m): 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Oh yeah, you have to read to see for yourself where. In fact, stealing required you're stone to death.

But back to your assumptions, jungle justice throughout my days never led to death of anyone.

This is only an unfortunate case of sadistic elements. And that doesn't mean jungle justice should stop. It must continue to maintain that decorum and absence of violence among students.

You can't control the outcome of Jungle Justice sir... This is what makes it prone to abuse in very lethal ways like we saw in the case of the Aluu 4!

That no one got killed all these years didn't make it right!

Well, I blame the school authorities for allowing such absurdity continue this long.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by BOOOMNAIJA: 12:59pm On Apr 12, 2023
Scientific maximum Shishi has been a thing on oau campus way back even before 1999 as most of u are saying....even long before the days of prof omole.

My dad of blessed memory was a pioneer lecturer of the university(since the 60's) and I lived all my life and schooled in the campus from primary to masters degree level.

Maximum Shishi is just a tool used to moderate the likely extremist propensities that may exist among students and make the university safe overall....it was never a tool for tribalism pls....let's not say wat we don't Know.

This particular incident was just a move that went wrong and it's not d first time it has happened.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Ruthless70: 1:03pm On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:
Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By Students in OAU 'Maximum Shi Shi' Over Phone Theft Allegations

https://thewhistler.ng/oau-500-level-student-tortured-to-death-for-stealing-phone-on-campus/

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02vEB3GmiqRjAHyiCFYq7bARFbXJxKDqMiK6VenGicBVZLhNK55Y2sgF5eFrh3ma5Tl&id=100005930495763&mibextid=Nif5oz

This is outrightly wrong they should have reported to sch authority.... This jungle justice is getting out of hand, same happened in Akure.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Ruthless70: 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2023
Odin13:

If I talk wetin dey my mind .. e go be like say e get why?

Na phone he steal .. Dey kill am

Tribalism wey Dey OAU …pass hitler hatred for Jews ..

But e Dey coded .. even among lecturers .. talk more now wey them dey at their peak like Mc Olumo ..

I know OAU.. na my alma mater.. .. we run things there and I know wetin I type .

That boy no for die .. if him name no be chizoputra..

I hates criminals .. and am not supporting his presume act..

But every student of OAU .. know this fact.

Even among the lecturers and prof.. and management

Rip son

You r agent of tribalism....
The guy that was tagged Yahoo boy in Akure, he was alleged killing 4 with his car, was he an Igbo boy.

Stop breeding stupidity, it can happened anywhere....

So he was killed cos is an Igbo, start thinking within context, don't polarized everything with tribal sentiment, u do not condemn him for stealing.. but just saying gilberish.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Murphyenemuwe: 1:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
You guys are cursed. I spent 5 years in OAU and I've never experienced all these nonsense you're talking about.
Newnas:

It's not what I think, it's what it is.

You can ask anyone you know that attended OAU.

1 Like

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Kog45(m): 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
Odin13:

But e Dey coded .. even among lecturers .. talk more now wey them dey at their peak like Mc Olumo ..

I know OAU.. na my alma mater.. .. we run things there and I know wetin I type .

Rip son

Wetin Dey your head than tribalism…yes very barbaric and anyone responsible for the death of the young man should be dealt with mercilessly but Oga a phone theft was killed and burnt recently in calabar,pls wetin you go call dat one?tribalism abi what….pls everything should not be center on tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Newnas(m): 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
Murphyenemuwe:
You guys are cursed. I spent 5 years in OAU and I've never experienced all these nonsense you're talking about.
Five years and you never saw maximum shishi?

You're a wicked and an irreparable liar.

1 Like

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Murphyenemuwe: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
God bless you for this. Jingo from philosophy. These guys are irredeemable and I would implore reasonable igbos to caution these idiots online.
MrMcJay:

You are just making noise without substance, talking of former Sports chairman. Are you aware that the current Coach of the School team is an Igbo man. We call him Coach Chike.

I am telling you that you don't need to write your Local government if they want to victimise you, all they need is your name. Is that too hard for you to understand?

So, it was because they stopped writing Local governments on answer sheets that your brother became best in Pharmacy?

There are several Igbo Professors in Oau, very plenty. In fact, we used to attend their Inaugural lectures. So, you should think again about those who spent 40 years without being Professors. It is not tribalism, something else dey inside.

I can only imagine what you would have said if Dr. Fashina (Jingo) was an Igbo man.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Murphyenemuwe: 1:22pm On Apr 12, 2023
You can't reason well. I have never seen where someone is being beaten or manhandled based on ethnicity. I doubt u attended Ife for spewing this thrash.
Newnas:

Five years and you never saw maximum shishi?

You're a wicked and an irreparable liar.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Realhommie(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
Brendaniel:
Why do I feel this incident is linked to the current style of Tinubu's campaign and propaganda of hatred against Igbo people?

Tinubu has really done a lot of damage to the south west and Nigeria at large but some people can't still see it
What about the 5 able bodied men roasted recently in Anambra because they stole? Many of your ilk justified it here. Was that linked to Tinubu too?

We should learn to separate issues and not let our emotions dictate to your brain/mind.

We must all condemn Jungle justice, it should never have any place in a sane society. Imagine a young life just wasted because of a common phone, so that's how much a life is worth.

R.I.P Mr Okolie
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by LeyeWrites: 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

You can't control the outcome of Jungle Justice sir... This is what makes it prone to abuse in very lethal ways like we saw in the case of the Aluu 4!

That no one got killed all these years didn't make it right!

Well, I blame the school authorities for allowing such absurdity continue this long.
It is right.

Unless you want to offer protection to all the females students in that school reading at nights in academics.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Realhommie(m): 1:42pm On Apr 12, 2023
SeeItSayIt:

You knows nothing, always like defending rubbish. Nobody is to be blame for your level of understanding....
He is right.. We must learn to deal with issues squarely. It is pure barbarism and has no tribal coloration.

Jungle justice happens just about everywhere in the country and i think it's high time a law is passed to tackle that if there isn't already one in existence.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Brendaniel: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
Realhommie:
What about the 5 able bodied men roasted recently in Anambra because they stole? Many of your ilk justified it here. Was that linked to Tinubu too?

We should learn to separate issues and not let our emotions dictate to your brain/mind.

We must all condemn Jungle justice, it should never have any place in a sane society. Imagine a young life just wasted because of a common phone, so that's how much a life is worth.

R.I.P Mr Okolie

No one is justifying jungle justice, all I am saying is that any attack presently from any Yoruba person against any Igbo person in the south west might start having an ethnic profiling perception because of what happened during the election caused by Tinubu, so you can't blame any Igbo person who feels the same way, that is why it was very wrong for Tinubu to tow that path, same thing still happens till date from Germans to Jews, it might take a very long time to clean off...

That is why I said some people don't know the damage Tinubu has done to the south west...
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by oodua1stson: 1:46pm On Apr 12, 2023
Odin13:

Rip son

if there is tribalism at OAU what stops you from attending unizik or any of your south east schools

2 Likes

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Realhommie(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2023
mutantninja:

Try to steal where I’m from and you’ll be dead in less than 5 mins.. no one cares about the aftermath of your death … not even God can save you … just try and see slowpoke..
Yet you want a better society, right?

If that thief happens to be one from your immediate household, your blood of same parents, would you be saying same if he or she happened to be barbecued over a phone theft?
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Brendaniel: 1:48pm On Apr 12, 2023
maasoap:

Thinking product of a damaged brain and confused soul

What is this one saying?,Nothing damaged here, I'm only speaking the truth....
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by harmonyglobal: 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2023
They should all rot in jail, I passed thru OAU and I bet u it's been happening since
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Brendaniel: 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2023
Albertone:

You expect the moderators to be Igbo or what?
This is Osun state not Anambra.

We are telling you people that maximum shi shi has always been this brutal, it's only the really unfortunate ones that lose their lives.

No school staff will kill a student and expect to go scot free.

He was asthmatic. He was denied access to his inhaler. Instead, he was given energy drink for him to endure the beating...not a new thing.

No be everything una go link to tribe.

I'm not linking to tribe but as it stands I have my suspicion because of what happened in the election and it is my rights to have that suspicion and every other Igbo persons rights to have the same suspicion, next time your politicians will not tow tribal path to win elections, the damage has been done already, if people who were to vote legitimately were denied and attacked because of tribe, so how can you prove in its entirety that this also has nothing to do with tribe.

It is my constitutional rights to have my suspicion same as Every other Igbo person....
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by SeeItSayIt: 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2023
Realhommie:
He is right.. We must learn to deal with issues squarely. It is pure barbarism and has no tribal coloration.

Jungle justice happens just about everywhere in the country and i think it's high time a law is passed to tackle that if there isn't already one in existence.

No argument, I'm sure you neither know OAU nor have you ever been there.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by pongwa(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2023
nlfpmod:

charlatans! SMS wey boys dey gallantly do without complications na im dem do wey kill person. OAU union to the mud
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Gbsks: 2:29pm On Apr 12, 2023
OvertheTop:

Oga,
Stop feeling Targeted or Victimized.
No Matter Your Tribe, if You cannot cope Academically in OAU, You might Fail and be Kicked out

Anything that happened to you happened Across board and failure in School does determine your success outside School.
So Stop the Ethnic coloring and Stop feeling Victimized based on Tribe.
Don't mind him. People like him won't study hard to pass exams but will later blame tribalism for their failures.

1 Like

Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Newnas(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
Murphyenemuwe:
You can't reason well. I have never seen where someone is being beaten or manhandled based on ethnicity. I doubt u attended Ife for spewing this thrash.
Obviously you didn't barged into the discussion without reading previous posts. Worse still, you posted an ambiguous response.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Nayturalistic: 2:55pm On Apr 12, 2023
NoFucksToGive:

Who do you mean by egede? What do you know about that?
Who is this impersonator ? Do you know what you are doing ? Do you think you are anonymous?

Leave ham bros, I still believe he know Whetin he de align still..
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Bfly: 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2023
How can this be about tribe? Though Tribalism could aswell intensify the punishment but he was not intended to be killed.

I pity both the culprit and the victim. They were just too unfortunate.
Re: Okoli Ahize Chizoputam Killed By OAU Students Over Phone Theft Allegations by Nayturalistic: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ireportlive:

You are the kid qouting blabbing and calling Seun

I mad my comment clear with my face open and I have all legal backing to have you dealt with if you mistakenly Try me with your real Identity

But what did you also mean by Egede is coming.,

E get why I ask

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University Zaria Admission List / 6 Reasons Why Some Students Study Very Hard But Still Fail Exams / Phebean Ajibola Ogundipe Dies At 92

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.