Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader (4680 Views)

Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Onikoyi is an Oba in his own Right

In the Eyes of Yorubas he is higher than Oba of Lagos because he has an Ife Crown

It is like calling the Olowu one of the highest Yoruba kings a Subject of the Alake of Egbamand

Moba and Ikoyi
has never been under the Oba of Lagos please don’t make that Mistake
because he wears an Ife crown does not mean he was not under the Oba of Lagos. It is not the Yoruba people that have eyes. In the eyes of historians, in the eyes of the Europeans, The Onikoyi of ikoyi was an Idejo and a subordinate chief to the Oba of Lagos. The material below is from your brother not me

According to the Benin law,the king is the sovereign owner of land, and as the territory was conquered by the Binis, it follows that during the conquest the king of Benin was the real owner,the control exercised by the chiefs under the Eleko or representative being exercised as part of the machinery of government and not in virtue of ownership. It might be for a considerable period prior to 1850, the control of the king of Benin had been been relaxed until it became little more than a formal and norminal overlordship, and that in this period, there had been a tendency on the part of the minor chiefs to arrogate to themselves powers to which constitutionally they had no claim. Including independent powers of control and management. There is a possibility of this, this is a point of view of the argument on who own Lagos

1 Like

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Christistruth03:

Onikoyi is an Oba in his own Right

In the Eyes of Yorubas he is higher than Oba of Lagos because he has an Ife Crown

It is like calling the Olowu one of the highest Yoruba kings a Subject of the Alake of Egbamand

Moba and Ikoyi
has never been under the Oba of Lagos please don’t make that Mistake
because he wears an Ife crown does not mean he was not under the Oba of Lagos. It is not only the Yoruba people that have eyes. In the eyes of historians, in the eyes of the Europeans, The Onikoyi of ikoyi was an Idejo and a subordinate chief to the Oba of Lagos. The Oba of Lagos not Onikoyi ceded Lagos to the British in 1861, I don’t need to be told who is higher, I know

The material below is from your brother not me

According to the Benin law,the king is the sovereign owner of land, and as the territory was conquered by the Binis, it follows that during the conquest the king of Benin was the real owner,the control exercised by the chiefs under the Eleko or representative being exercised as part of the machinery of government and not in virtue of ownership. It might be for a considerable period prior to 1850, the control of the king of Benin had been been relaxed until it became little more than a formal and norminal overlordship, and that in this period, there had been a tendency on the part of the minor chiefs to arrogate to themselves powers to which constitutionally they had no claim. Including independent powers of control and management. There is a possibility of this, this is a point of view of the argument on who own Lagos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2023
Ologbo147:
because he wears an Ife crown does not mean he was not under the Oba of Lagos. It is not only the Yoruba people that have eyes. In the eyes of historians, in the eyes of the Europeans, The Onikoyi of ikoyi was an Idejo and a subordinate chief to the Oba of Lagos. The Oba of Lagos not Onikoyi ceded Lagos to the British in 1861, I don’t need to be told who is higher, I know

Oba of Benin owns no land in Lagos so he wasn’t Sovereign over it
and Lagos is not Edoland it is Aworiland and the Awori make the rules and the Laws
So we now agree that Bini never Conquered Lagos

Obalende is Under Oba of Lagos
Moba and Ikoyi are not
Onikoyi had Land at Obalende that was why he was an IdeJo Chief only at Isale Eko

But Moba and Ikoyi had absolutely nothing to do with the Oba of Lagos or Benin
The Ife Crown means the Onikoyi was installed there by the Ooni of Ife

Let me give you another Example Aare Oluyole was the King of Ibadan at the same time that he was Basorun of Oyo
That doesn’t mean the Ibadan were the rulers of Oyo or Vice Versa

But it was done for the Joint defence of Both Kindoms in the face of a common enemy in this case of Onikoyi and Oba of Lagos which was the king of Dahomey

It is like a NATO defence pact

The funniest thing is that the Oba of Benin understands all this Perfectly

Moba and Ikoyi were Ancient Yoruba Kingdoms in their own Rights

To put Moba or Ikoyi under Oba of Lagos is a huge Slap in the face and disrespect to
Moba and Yoruba People
You might as well claim that the Otun Ekiti People are under the Oba of Lagos which even you know is not true

When it comes to ownership of Lagos the Yorubas have more than all the Joker Cards

They own the entire Game

To God Almighty be all the Glory

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ologbo147:

2 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
@christistruth03

Don't you ever get tired of telling lies ?
I personally proved to you that Lagos was part of Benin empire! I brought a French text written by people who visited Lagos before colonization, when I left nairaland, you lied about the text and what its translation was. I had to come back and correct you, since then you no longer talk about that evidence and you just pretend it doesn't exist while you keep claiming something which has been proven to be false in the presence of your very eyes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 24, 2023
History is about what happened in the past, not about what is happening right now, I wish Yoruba guys would understand this. By the way, Ife is a new kingdom, not an ancient one. Ife was indeed a small settlement until 1912 when the British started urbanising it. Yoruba just love to rewrite history according to their politics of the day. Yoruba political leaders decided amongst themselves (it wasn't even hidden) that they would invent a story about Ife and call it history, and that is what they did !
History is not an agreement! It is actual events which took place ! Do Yoruba understand this ?

4 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 9:42pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ghostwon8222:
@christistruth03

Don't you ever get tired of telling lies ?
I personally proved to you that Lagos was part of Benin empire! I brought a French text written by people who visited Lagos before colonization, when I left nairaland, you lied about the text and what its translation was. I had to come back and correct you, since then you no longer talk about that evidence and you just pretend it doesn't exist while you keep claiming something which has been proven to be false in the presence of your very eyes.

I don’t tell lies
I proved to you that Lagos was Yorubaland since Oduduwa’s time and that is what you find so painful
Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

I don’t tell lies
I proved to you that Lagos was Yorubaland since Oduduwa’s time and that is what you find so painful
1) when was oduduwa born ?
2) show me a text written by a person who saw oduduwa

Edit. With you, one debates the same thing again and again, perhaps you have memory issues. How many times must one prove to you that you are wrong ?

4 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 10:20pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ghostwon8222:

Edit. With you, one debates the same thing again and again, perhaps you have memory issues. How many times must one prove to you that you are wrong ?

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 10:24pm On Apr 24, 2023
grin

From the Yorubas Obas conference 1937 proceedings
Hosted by Sir Bernard Boudillon Governor General of Nigeria
on 31st March and 1st April 1937

Quoting last paragraph of first page:

“The Chiefs were seated in a horse-shoe formation, with the Oni of Ife ,as the head of the town from which all Yorubas have traditionally sprung , at the centre ,and the Alaafin of Oyo at the western and the oba of Benin at the eastern end, an arrangement which gave general satisfaction.”

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 10:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
grin

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ghostwon8222:

@christistruth03,
1) it seems your brain is in a worse shape than it was in the past, eventhough you were not very bright back then.
2) I asked you two little questions and you can't even focus for 5 minutes in order to respond, instead you try to deviate the debate entirely.
3) for your information (once again, because we have already had this discussion), the colonial era conferences were not called "Yoruba obas conference", they were called "conference of chiefs of the western provinces",
By the way, in the first few of those conferences only the Oba of Benin was referred to as Oba while the other participants were refererred to with their respective indigenous titles (none of which was Oba).
4) the changing of the name of the conference is a work done in the post colonial era by the best known rewriters of history, I name yarri.ba. All you guys say is based on one lie or an other, you just prey on peoples' gullibility.
5) now that I have established that you guys lied on the name of the conference, we may now ask ourselves what other lies are in there.

5 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 24, 2023
I asked two simple questions:

And instead of responding, this @christistruth03 went and brought me some book on Google which makes some illogical claims about Ife and he also brought me a paper which lies about the conference of chiefs of the western provinces of southern Nigeria.
This is beyond me...why can't you just focus on the question ? Why the need to deviate into an other topic ?

Also I may add another question:
3) when did oduduwa die ?

5 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 11:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
grin

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2023
I see, you've given up having a rational discussion all together, ok
Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2023
A little bit more about the conferences

4 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 5:51am On Apr 25, 2023
Christistruth03:

Oba of Benin owns no land in Lagos so he wasn’t Sovereign over it
and Lagos is not Edoland it is Aworiland and the Awori make the rules and the Laws
So we now agree that Bini never Conquered Lagos

Obalende is Under Oba of Lagos
Moba and Ikoyi are not
Onikoyi had Land at Obalende that was why he was an IdeJo Chief only at Isale Eko

But Moba and Ikoyi had absolutely nothing to do with the Oba of Lagos or Benin
The Ife Crown means the Onikoyi was installed there by the Ooni of Ife

Let me give you another Example Aare Oluyole was the King of Ibadan at the same time that he was Basorun of Oyo
That doesn’t mean the Ibadan were the rulers of Oyo or Vice Versa

But it was done for the Joint defence of Both Kindoms in the face of a common enemy in this case of Onikoyi and Oba of Lagos which was the king of Dahomey

It is like a NATO defence pact

The funniest thing is that the Oba of Benin understands all this Perfectly

Moba and Ikoyi were Ancient Yoruba Kingdoms in their own Rights

To put Moba or Ikoyi under Oba of Lagos is a huge Slap in the face and disrespect to
Moba and Yoruba People
You might as well claim that the Otun Ekiti People are under the Oba of Lagos which even you know is not true

When it comes to ownership of Lagos the Yorubas have more than all the Joker Cards

They own the entire Game

To God Almighty be all the Glory
You will certainly get a reply from me later today, you are a weakling and an insincere person, you will wait for someone to leave before typing the other seventy percent of your comments so that it would seem that the person agreed and left

It never said that the Benins invaded a fraction of Lagos

It seems to appear that it might have been there, but when the Oba of Lagos came onboard, the ikoyi came under the suzerainty of the oba of Lagos. [/b]Where dem share for isale Eko wey reach sixteen [b][/b]among Idejos. That material was succinct and precise. It talked about the fact that Lagos island and some adjoining mainland areas was under the Olofin and were shared among the Idejos for effective administration. It was this area that was conquered by the Benins

[b]Even your brothers material agreed there was a conquest, when the Oba of Lagos ceded Lagos to the British, is it only Obalende and Idumota market that she ceded to the British in 1861 or she ceded Ikoyi and other areas too on their behalf?when you answer that you will get your answers staring

My brother, it is not up to you, whether you accept or not, it is beyond you, all materials you will find, even the one brought to argue in your favor agreed that lagos was successfully invaded and conquered

- [ ] About the beginning of the eighteenth century,the island of Lagos was held by a chief called Olofin. He had parceled out the island and parts of the adjoining mainland among some sixteen subordinate chiefs, called whitecaps in recognition of their domination over the portions parceled out to them.About 1790 Lagos was successfully invaded by the neighboring Benins. They did not remain in occupation but left a representative as ruler whose title was the Eleko.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2023
Ologbo147:
You will certainly get a reply from me later today, you are a weakling and an insincere person, you will wait for someone to leave before typing the other seventy percent of your comments so that it would seem that the person agreed and left

It never said that the Benins invaded a fraction of Lagos

It seems to appear that it might have been there, but when the Oba of Lagos came onboard, the ikoyi came under the suzerainty of the oba of Lagos. [/b]Where dem share for isale Eko wey reach sixteen [b][/b]among Idejos. That material was succinct and precise. It talked about the fact that Lagos island and some adjoining mainland areas was under the Olofin and were shared among the Idejos for effective administration. It was this area that was conquered by the Benins

[b]Even your brothers material agreed there was a conquest, when the Oba of Lagos ceded Lagos to the British, is it only Obalende and Idumota market that she ceded to the British in 1861 or she ceded Ikoyi and other areas too on their behalf?when you answer that you will get your answers staring

My brother, it is not up to you, whether you accept or not, it is beyond you, all materials you will find, even the one brought to argue in your favor agreed that lagos was successfully invaded and conquered

- [ ] About the beginning of the eighteenth century,the island of Lagos was held by a chief called Olofin. He had parceled out the island and parts of the adjoining mainland among some sixteen subordinate chiefs, called whitecaps in recognition of their domination over the portions parceled out to them.About 1790 Lagos was successfully invaded by the neighboring Benins. They did not remain in occupation but left a representative as ruler whose title was the Eleko.

Nonsense !!

How come Benin owns no land in Lagos
Conquerors conquer Lands

Lagos is Aworiland and Ijebuland till today and you can do nothing about that

Even Oba of Lagos is not a proper Oba in the real sense

because he is a District Head in Aworiland

and the Awori who own Lagos already have their own Awori Kings

A real Yoruba Oba has the Authority to Parcel Out Lands

Oba of Lagos has no such Authority because the Land isn’t owned by him

but the Awori

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2023
Christistruth03:

Nonsense !!

How come Benin owns no land in Lagos
Conquerors conquer Lands

Lagos is Aworiland and Ijebuland till today and you can do nothing about that

Even Oba of Lagos is not a proper Oba in the real sense

because he is a District Head in Aworiland

and the Awori who own Lagos already have their own Awori Kings

A real Yoruba Oba has the Authority to Parcel Out Lands

Oba of Lagos has no such Authority because the Land isn’t owned by him

but the Awori

Up till the 1850s, the Benins owned land in Lagos, this is an argument that is probable from your material not mine

“According to the Benin law,the king is the sovereign owner of land, and as the territory was conquered by [/b]the Binis, it follows that during the conquest the king of Benin was the real owner,the control exercised by the chiefs under the Eleko or [b][/b]representative being exercised as part of the machinery of government and not in virtue of ownership.[b] It might be for a considerable period prior to 1850, the control of the king of Benin had been been relaxed until it became little more than a formal and norminal overlordship, and that in this period, there had been a tendency on the part of the minor chiefs to arrogate to themselves powers to which constitutionally they had no claim. Including independent powers of control and management”.There is a possibility of this, this is a point of view of the argument on who own Lagos, a lot has changed since 1850s, this land was ceded to the British in 1860s where the British had control of land up till the present time where no king really have any control of land but the government.

The Oba of Lagos is the recurring decimal in Lagos politics and history. The British know better not to meet an inferior king. They met the dominandi, the numero- uno that ceded Ikoyi and other lands in Lagos on behalf of the Onikoyi and other inferior Awori kings

Before you guys bring a material up, scrutinize it properly, it can be used against you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2023
Ologbo147:
Up till the 1850s, the Benins owned land in Lagos, this is an argument that is probable from your material not mine

“According to the Benin law,the king is the sovereign owner of land, and as the territory was conquered by [/b]the Binis, it follows that during the conquest the king of Benin was the real owner,the control exercised by the chiefs under the Eleko or [b][/b]representative being exercised as part of the machinery of government and not in virtue of ownership.[b] It might be for a considerable period prior to 1850, the control of the king of Benin had been been relaxed until it became little more than a formal and norminal overlordship, and that in this period, there had been a tendency on the part of the minor chiefs to arrogate to themselves powers to which constitutionally they had no claim. Including independent powers of control and management”.There is a possibility of this, this is a point of view of the argument on who own Lagos, a lot has changed since 1850s, this land was ceded to the British in 1860s where the British had control of land up till the present time where no king really have any control of land but the government.

The Oba of Lagos is the recurring decimal in Lagos politics and history. The British know better not to meet an inferior king. They met the dominandi, the numero- uno that ceded Ikoyi and other lands in Lagos on behalf of the Onikoyi and other inferior Awori kings

Before you guys bring a material up, scrutinize it properly, it can be used against you

Okay let the Oba of Benin Parcel out Land in Lagos then
Onikoyi is still Parcelling out land in Lagos as we speak even the Governors of Lagos Negotiate Land with him

A.Yoruba Oba doesn't have real authority without Power over the Land
Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 10:50am On Apr 25, 2023
Christistruth03:

Okay let the Oba of Benin Parcel out Land in Lagos then
Onikoyi is still Parcelling out land in Lagos as we speak even the Governors of Lagos Negotiate Land with him

A.Yoruba Oba doesn't have real authority without Power over the Land
Your argument is weak, I don’t argue beer parlor argument, your answer is in that write up, only if you can read. The Onojie of Ekpoma is the one parcelling land in Ekpoma today, does that absolve her of independence precolonially?

“According to the Benin law,the king is the sovereign owner of land, and as the territory was conquered by the Binis, it follows that during the conquest the king of Benin was the real owner,the control exercised by the chiefs under the Eleko or representative being exercised as part of the machinery of government and not in virtue of ownership. [b]It might be for a considerable period prior to 1850, the control of the king of Benin had been been relaxed until it became little more than a formal and norminal overlordship, and that in this period, there had been a tendency on the part of the minor chiefs to arrogate to themselves powers to which constitutionally they had no claim. Including independent powers of control and management.There is a possibility of this, this is a point of view of the argument on who own Lagos, a lot has changed since 1850s, this land was ceded to the British in 1860s where the British had control of land up till the present time where no king really have any control of land but the government.

The Oba of Lagos is the recurring decimal in Lagos politics and history. The British know better not to meet an inferior king. They met the dominandi, the numero- uno that ceded Ikoyi and other lands in Lagos on behalf of the Onikoyi and other inferior [b][/b]Awori kings

Before you guys bring a material up, scrutinize it properly, it can be used against you.

No king can administer land that is not in his immediate domain. Just the way the Oba of Oyo cannot allocate Land to Anyone in Porto Novo. This is not the precolonial era

2 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 11:06am On Apr 25, 2023
Ologbo147:
Your argument is weak, I don’t argue beer parlor argument, your answer is in that write up, only if you can read. The Onojie of Ekpoma is the one parcelling land in Ekpoma today, does that absolve her of independence precolonially?

“According to the Benin law,the king is the sovereign owner of land, and as the territory was conquered by the Binis, it follows that during the conquest the king of Benin was the real owner,the control exercised by the chiefs under the Eleko or representative being exercised as part of the machinery of government and not in virtue of ownership. [b]It might be for a considerable period prior to 1850, the control of the king of Benin had been been relaxed until it became little more than a formal and norminal overlordship, and that in this period, there had been a tendency on the part of the minor chiefs to arrogate to themselves powers to which constitutionally they had no claim. Including independent powers of control and management.There is a possibility of this, this is a point of view of the argument on who own Lagos, a lot has changed since 1850s, this land was ceded to the British in 1860s where the British had control of land up till the present time where no king really have any control of land but the government.

The Oba of Lagos is the recurring decimal in Lagos politics and history. The British know better not to meet an inferior king. They met the dominandi, the numero- uno that ceded Ikoyi and other lands in Lagos on behalf of the Onikoyi and other inferior [b][/b]Awori kings

Before you guys bring a material up, scrutinize it properly, it can be used against you.

No king can administer land that is not in his immediate domain. Just the way the Oba of Oyo cannot allocate Land to Anyone in Porto Novo. This is not the precolonial era

You have no case at all

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2023
Christistruth03:

You have no case at all
I have I bet you I have

3 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 25, 2023
Actually Lagos was witnessed as being part of Benin empire in the first visit to it by Europeans.
Olofin is just an other mythical creature, although I am glad that someone put a date on him, now I can easily prove olofin story to be completely fake.

2 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 11:14am On Apr 25, 2023
Ghostwon8222:
Actually Lagos was witnessed as being part of Benin empire in the first visit to it by Europeans

All Metropolitan Lagos was in the hands of the Egbas and the Ijebus when the British Arrived the only exception was Lagos Island which the Egbas couldn't be bothered to take

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Ologbo147: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2023
Christistruth03:

All Metropolitan Lagos was in the hands of the Egbas [/b][b][/b]and the Ijebus when the British Arrived the only exception was Lagos Island which the Egbas couldn't be bothered to take
- [ ] About the beginning of the eighteenth century,the island of Lagos was held by a chief called Olofin. He had parceled out the island [b]and parts of the adjoining mainland among some sixteen subordinate chiefs, called whitecaps in recognition of their domination over the portions parceled out to them.About 1790 Lagos was successfully invaded by the neighboring Benins. They did not remain in occupation but left a representative as ruler whose title was the Eleko.

2 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2023
[quote author=Christistruth03 post=122736128][/quote]
Dude, what is your point?
One thing which you fail to get into your head, no matter how many lessons I have given you is that the date of publication of documents is what makes them historically relevant. Don't bring me a document published in 1974 when we are talking about events of the 1400's.
(Besides, you don't even bring the document, instead you bring a snapshot so that we can't examine the document.)

2 Likes

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 11:23am On Apr 25, 2023
Ghostwon8222:

One thing which you fail to get into your head, no matter how many lessons I have given you is that the date of publication of documents is what makes them historically relevant. Don't bring me a document published in 1974 when we are talking about events of the 1400's.
(Besides, you don't even bring the document, instead you bring a snapshot so that we can't examine the document.)

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 11:34am On Apr 25, 2023
Ghostwon8222:

Till today the Ijebus and the Egbas that conquered Metropolitan Lagos are still Land owners there

At least you still hear of Abule Egba and you know that all of Eastern Lagos including Lekki are all Ijebuland

Where are the Oba of Benins Lands in Lagos?
Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:35am On Apr 25, 2023
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b8595583b.r=Benin%20royaume?rk=107296;4
This map was made between 1600 and 1699 and it clearly shows Lagos as being part of Benin empire.
This proves olofin story to be totally fake
I see that in anticipation @christistruth03 has already somewhat deviated from his original claim yet again, typical.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 25, 2023
Christistruth03:

Till today the Ijebus and the Egbas that conquered Metropolitan Lagos are still Land owners there

At least your gear of Able Egba and you know that all of Eastern Lagos including Lekki are all Ijebuland

Where are the Oba of Benins Lands in Lagos?
What you are claiming is yet to be substantiated.
By the way, the king of the egbas wasn't even a first class king to start with. And I read a report which claims his kingdom is a fairly recent one.
So yet again, you just make claims and claims and bring no proof. And before I forget, I have already brought you an eyewitness written precolonial document which settled everything: Lagos and it's environs were part of Benin empire.
Also the jebu were vassals to Benin!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Kingdom Of Benin Was A Massive Slave Trader by Christistruth03: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2023
Ghostwon8222:

What you are claiming is yet to be substantiated.
By the way, the king of the egbas wasn't even a first class king to start with. And I read a report which claims his kingdom is a fairly recent one.
So yet again, you just make claims and claims and bring no proof. And before I forget, I have already bought you an eyewitness written precolonial document which settled everything: Lagos and it's environs were part of Benin empire.
Also the jebu were vassals to Benin!

So you don't have any History until the white man says so
What a Pity

Ok just show us the Oba of Benins Lands in Lagos

At least every one knows the Egbas and Ijebus have Lands in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kwanzaa / 5 Hidden Secrets About Igbo Women/umuada / (Picture) Prince Abdul Rasheed Adewale Akanbi Is The New OLUWO Of Iwoland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.