Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,247 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi (4565 Views)

Hakimi A Role Model: Guys Relish & Celebrate "Hakimi's Method" Of Handling Brats / Why I Requested For Half Of Hakimi's Wealth - Ex Wife Opens Up / To Hakimi And His Fellow CHEATERS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by ednut1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
GreatVocalist:

Technically, his mother owns those assets, not him. Which means she can do whatever she chooses to do with them [even without his consent], and there's nothing he can do about that.

All payments or transactions made, and items purchased are essentially in his mother's name. So there's nothing he owns primarily.

How is that fraud? As much as I know, he didn't deny getting those assets. They just never entered his account, and there's no record of acquisition in his name.

If there's no record of acquisition in his name, then it means he never owned those properties to begin with, whether he worked for them or not.

So there shouldn't be any case here. Dude was smart. He took a calculated risk.
you clearly know nothing about marital laws abroad. When the read story comes out i will be back to laugh all of una

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2023
No fraud here... He is "technically" paying his mother and technically buying stuff from his "mother's money" under his mother's name.
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2023
If the guy dey owe, do they share the loan? Shey person assets and money fi read $-10,000,000?
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
GreatVocalist:
1. During the marriage, not AFTER the marriage.

2. These laws are established by fallible people whose reasonings are prone to questionability.
1. Honestly, I am not quite certain because there are different spins out there on this. The point is anything he gave away during the marriage, he would have to answer for. lipsrsealed

2. Well, you can try to question them but, um... the law is not as flexible as you would like to think. undecided

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by ednut1(m): 7:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
GreatVocalist:

And you think before he took such action, he didn't think things through and made legal enquiries?
story has not been confirmed and is likely fake. Its marital fraud. End of story

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Smartguyboy(m): 7:45pm On Apr 14, 2023
Must of you don’t know the lady is very rich too that the guy can file for child support same way Halle Berry ex husband did and she was paying him $18k monthly.

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Awesome01(m): 8:01pm On Apr 14, 2023
ednut1:
hiding assets acquired in marriage from a spouse is fraud.

And how many assets did the spouse (wife) contribute to the family assets, you want her to share from?

It is only the assets listed in the husband's name that your one-sided law can affect legally.

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by ednut1(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2023
Awesome01:

And how many assets did the spouse (wife) contribute to the family assets, you want her to share from?

It is only the assets listed in the husband's name that your one-sided law can affect legally.
one sided https://www.wkfamilylaw.com/10-female-celebrities-paid-divorce/amp/

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 8:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
Smartguyboy:
■ Must of you don’t know the lady is very rich too that the guy can file for child support same way Halle Berry ex husband did and she was paying him $18k monthly.
This story never land finish! undecided
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Sonfethopia: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2023
ednut1:
you will soon tell us his mum signed his football contract

Guy in football ur agent can be ur mother and the salary paid to her. Hakimi is just a kid it could be the mom has been managing his finances and assets in her name all the while. The girl no go get shishi except hakimi wants to be soft and let her. D womans lawyer said the guy no get any property

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by ednut1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
Sonfethopia:

Guy in football ur agent can be ur mother and the salary paid to her. Hakimi is just a kid it could be the mom has been managing his finances and assets in her name all the while. The girl no go get shishi except hakimi wants to be soft and let her. D womans lawyer said the guy no get any property
provide official statement of the lawyer lol

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by LordAdam16: 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2023
ednut1:
Know that if the news is true. The court is still coming for all the assets acquired during the marriage. He committed marital fraud is he transferred his assets to his mother without the wife consenting.

Depends on the laws.

If he was in the US, placing his assets in his mom's care wouldn't matter. All earnings while married are marked as joint marital property that'd be split at least evenly in the event of a divorce.

In UK law, marriages of 5 years or less (10?) are termed short marriages and the low earning partner does not get 50%. The Hakimi marriage is less than 3 years.

Not familiar with Spanish law.

Athletes and high earners should always sign prenups. It is not optional. Ideally, there should be a prenup that states how much she'd receive. It should be reasonably equitable, otherwise the courts will throw it out.

Unfortunately, you don't need to be married for the courts to split your property. Partners in civil unions and long term co-habitations get financial protections as well.

-Lord

11 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by padi94(m): 9:35pm On Apr 14, 2023
What if he was paying a debt he owed his mom

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 10:05pm On Apr 14, 2023
padi94:
What if he was paying a debt he owed his mom
Storyland! undecided

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Mordecai(m): 10:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Storyland! undecided

Granted, she contributed to his earnings in the three years they were married.

His mother contributed prior to the marriage, and even during the marriage. Just like he presumably owes his wife, he owes his mother too. And he was making those payments religiously.

Just like a man that divorces and remarries. His wife cannot accuse him of marital fraud if he was allocating 80% of his earnings to his ex-wife, as long as he was contributing reasonably to his home.

Drop this issue. Any judgement that convicts him of marital fraud is not justice. It's intimidation and oppression.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Gerrard59(m): 10:22pm On Apr 14, 2023
What a story!

So if I acquire assets in my mom's name DURING marriage, it can be termed marital fraud? shocked Ah! Don't tell me proponents of "marry her and keep in Nigeria" are correct o? shocked

But wait o, why should properties acquired in my mom's name DURING marriage with my OWN money be termed marital fraud? It doesn't make sense to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 10:27pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mordecai:
■ Granted, she contributed to his earnings in the three years they were married. His mother contributed prior to the marriage, and even during the marriage. Just like he presumably owes his wife, he owes his mother too. And he was making those payments religiously. Just like a man that divorces and remarries. His wife cannot accuse him of marital fraud if he was allocating 80% of his earnings to his ex-wife, as long as he was contributing reasonably to his home.
■ Drop this issue. Any judgement that convicts him of marital fraud is not justice. It's intimidation and oppression.
1. Marriage is defined by law as an agreement between a man and a woman. Unless he had signed a business agreement between himself and his mother requiring he pays her a certain amount each period, that one no enter at all. undecided

2. I think the average Nigerian is terribly misinformed when it comes to the law and marriage. Mass education is definitely needed in these major areas. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Mordecai(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Marriage is defined by law as an agreement between a man and a woman. Unless he had signed a business agreement between himself and his mother requiring he pays her a certain amount each period, that one no enter at all. undecided

2. I think the average Nigeria is terribly misinformed when it comes to the law and marriage. Mass education is definitely in these major areas. undecided

1. You once argued on another thread (some issue in Ghana, if I'm not mistaken) to the effect that verbal agreements are enforceable in court. I guess we don't have to revisit that, unless you have no principles and change stance on subjective whims.

2. Nigerians are well informed about marriage, especially as it relates to their culture. It's the bigots that believe Western culture is superior that need education.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Orinechi: 10:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
Agreement between a man and a woman to do what? Is to have children, share property when the marriage ends, beat each other or what? U people who claim u know something always end up saying nothing,.

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 10:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
Mordecai:
1. You once argued on another thread (some issue in Ghana, if I'm not mistaken) to the effect that verbal agreements are enforceable in court. I guess we don't have to revisit that, unless you have no principles and change stance on subjective whims.
2. Nigerians are well informed about marriage, especially as it relates to their culture. It's the bigots that believe Western culture is superior that need education.
1. Sigh! undecided

2. Clearly, they aren't at all. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Emmypeek(m): 11:20pm On Apr 14, 2023
Kindly help
OPAY
A traveller stranded on the road looking to continue his journey tomorrow but I have left can barely take me to where I'm going
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by odinga1of: 11:21pm On Apr 14, 2023
SPAMBOX7:
Ode na your papa form the law abi.
Una go just come online type nonsense. Make she see shishi collect make we see na

Na wa o, why insulting the OP? Bring your facts and argue intelligently.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by SPAMBOX7: 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
odinga1of:

Na wa o, why insulting the OP? Bring your facts and argue intelligently.
Shift
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by ogbe88(m): 11:46pm On Apr 14, 2023
ednut1:
one sided https://www.wkfamilylaw.com/10-female-celebrities-paid-divorce/amp/
Oga rest, why is the case paining you.
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2023
ogbe88:
Oga rest, why is the case paining you.
He showed you that the law isn't one-sided, so why pretend now that it is about him when the facts are revealed? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Connected1: 12:04am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

2. I think the average Nigeria is terribly misinformed when it comes to the law and marriage. Mass education is definitely in these major areas. undecided
The Western marriage laws are not superior to ours so we don't need any education.

Nairaland Bot.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Emmypeek(m): 12:07am On Apr 15, 2023
Emmypeek:
Kindly help
OPAY
A traveller stranded on the road looking to continue his journey tomorrow but I have left can barely take me to where I'm going
Pls don't see this and pass is by, you can ask me to verify on your terms
Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by SavageResponse(m): 12:10am On Apr 15, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Not entirely true at all since the reports say that he gave her 80% of his earnings during his marriage without indicating that he got approval to do so from his wife during all that time. undecided

2. The law is not as stewpid as many would like to pretend sometimes abeg! grin

Get approval from his wife for money he worked for?

Did his wife directly contribute in any way to generating the income?

Worst case scenario he will claim that he is and employee of a company which was formed by his mother therefore all proceeds from his football contract rightly belong to the company

3 Likes

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 12:17am On Apr 15, 2023
Connected1:
■ The Western marriage laws are not superior to ours so we don't need any education. Nairaland Bot.
They are in every way superior. Even the laws in the Northern part of Nigerian are superior to your traditional marriage laws in the south; have been for the longest. undecided

By the way, the particular marriage is not of Nigerian origin, but of western. undecided

1 Like

Re: Before You Gloat/ Celebrate Hakimi by Kobojunkiee: 12:20am On Apr 15, 2023
SavageResponse:
Get approval from his wife for money he worked for? Did his way directly contribute in any way to generating the income?
■ Worst case scenario he will claim that he is and employee of a company which was formed by his mother therefore all proceeds from his football contract rightly belong to the company
1. This is marriage, not your comedy hall. undecided
2. His mother will have to be in court to prove all of that by showing the company records, profits statements by year, etc. undecided

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How My 70kg Is Affecting My Relationship Life / Double Standards (men & Women) / Silly Things Guys Do Just To Get Laid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.