Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,760 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Answer This Question If You Understand English Language - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Answer This Question If You Understand English Language (4393 Views)

How FFK Would Answer "Stupid Question" If He Were Trump, Buhari Or Farrakhan / FFK Hasn't Been Declared Bankrupt, Why The Bankroll Question? If Not To Spite / Governor Fayemi bans use of English Language during traditional events (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by bynonyen: 7:03am On Apr 15, 2023
KillSars:
I need two third of orange, banana, cashew, mango, apple, pineapple, grape, pawpaw, and watermelon

What does it mean?
cheesy now you've assumed that all the States are capitals of Nigeria. A better scenario would be. I need you to give me two third of the 30 apples in that bag and the Apple.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Injera(f): 7:05am On Apr 15, 2023
boltwings:

your number 2 question means we have 37 fruits because mango and apple is still fruit but if I refused to give you that apple it means I have not done what you asked me to do.

But because I be jagaban I can give you only 24 mangos and even add one extra mango making 25 mangoes without apple and then I will tell you to go to court. Before you get to the court I will talk to my old justice and bribe him 2billion naira then ask him to tell you that as long as an apple is still seen as fruit, it means 25 mangoes can cover for the 24 mangoes plus 1 apple you requested from me.

I will win because I be jagaban, I control INEC, the court and all the big men in this country. Even Buhari I de control am

Una better cancel the election and set a date for a new election because
No1. INEC broke the electoral act constitution
No1. INEC broke the 25% rule
No3. The election was massively rigged and seen live on tv by the whole world.

[b]Peter Obi Datti should be declared as president i[/b]f they don't want to cancel the election because if proper counting is done, Obi will win.
Hell freeze over before it will happen
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by obailala(m): 7:06am On Apr 15, 2023
Majesty7:

Interpreting law in a lame man way will only end you up in jail. The only way you can view this and to easily clear your skull is to reason thus; a particular state has 36lgas and one of the LGA houses the governor's office. Must the running governor wins the particular lga where the government office is situated before he could be declared a winner? Is the LGA different from other LGAs in the state because it houses the governor's office?

Until you are able to interpret the law like this, you will forever remains a perpetual crying baby.

Good day
Looking from the logical point of view, I believe the original intention of whoever wrote the constitution was clear (i.e. FCT should be counted as one of them states). But within that very section of the constitution, it was wrongly worded. The issue here actually stems from a wrong use of English grammar by the person who drafted the constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:33am On Apr 15, 2023
KillSars:

If u now have ½ of A and B goes to the movie, what do u think about that

Bro abeg its enough.. what sort of stupi.d question is this?😂😂
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 8:12am On Apr 15, 2023
NO ONE IS NIGERIAN ENGLISH NOT QUEEN'S.

NO TWO IS CAMEROON'S ENGLISH NOT NIGERIAN.

STOP WASTING TIME AND SPACE.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by DesignMaestro(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2023
Omowale2023:
I have a question for you to answer.

Question 1;
You need credits in 4 subjects and English language.
What does it mean?

Question 2;
There are 36 mangoes and 1 Apple in a bowl, I told you to give me 24 Mangoes and 1 Apple from the same bowl.
What does that mean?

The lawyers using this as example are either daft or just mischievous. In your own case, I believe that's how you understand it. However, the section in question does not mention 36 states. It simply states that '25% in 2/3 of the STATES AND THE FCT. This is different from your analogy of credit in 4 subjects and English Language. In your example, four subjects are mentioned before English language (a subject too) and that makes the total of 5 subjects. In the case of the constitution, it states ...IN 2/3 OF THE STATES AND THE FCT.

Abuja is a territory which is not among the Nigerian states. It is a territory under the federal government. If you want to be sincere with yourself, you know Nigeria has 36 states and the FCT (which has to be mentioned because it is part of Nigeria territory together with the states). Anywhere Nigeria's states are mentioned FCT will also be added using the conjunction AND. If you mention 36 states of Nigeria without mentioning AND FCT, Abuja, it means you are omitting it from Nigerian territory.

In a nutshell, '25% in 2/3 of the states and the FCT' simply means 25% in 2/3 of the Nigeria's whole territory (36 states and the FCT'). If your own interpretation would be what is meant in the constitution, then the phrase would have definitely be put in this way....25% in 2/3 of the states AND IN the FCT.

AND IN THE FCT would have shown clearly that the contestant needs 25% in 2/3 of the states and 25% in the FCT.

In conclusion, ...THE STATES AND THE FCT as it is put in the constitution simply refers to entirety of Nigeria (all the states and the remaining territory called FCT). This is different from '4 subjects and English Language'. English language is also a subject and that means you need credit in five subjects which must include English Language.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 8:19am On Apr 15, 2023
YOU TALK TOO MUCH IN RIDDLES.
THAT IS WHY YOU GIVE PROFESSOR TO PANTAMI TO PURSUE BUHARI TO OIC AND SAUDI ARABIA.
AND MAKE EMEFIELE A LOOTER GENERAL.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by theredaddy: 8:22am On Apr 15, 2023
Omowale2023:

Can you answer the question?.....🙄🙄🙄

Did you see anything concerning the constitution in the question?

Your question was wrongly concieved in the 1st place

Admission to university states, interest applicant must have 5 credit including maths and english.

i would have uploaded it for you but NL no gree me upload.

The purposes of having 5 credits is not to sum up, which is contrarory to what election moves are, election is a computation of highest total votes in the highest number of states
without addition the election can not be determined that is what concieved "and" which denotes "+", ask your maths teacher
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2023
LAW FOR MAN AND NOT MAN FOR LAW.

RIGHTS BEFORE FAITH AND NOT FAITH BEFORE RIGHTS.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Flapp478(m): 8:32am On Apr 15, 2023
Omowale2023:

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
There are 36 mangoes and 1 Apple in a bowl, I told you to give me 24 Mangoes and 1 Apple from the same bowl.
What does that mean?

First Question: it means, I "need". As in, I must have credits in English Language and four other Subjects.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2023
SHAGARI BEAT AWOLOWO. AKINJIDE NOT OBASANJO PROVED IT.
NOW TINUBU HAS BEATEN ATIKU AND OBI.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 8:43am On Apr 15, 2023
illicit:
1. U need credits in 5 subjects including English Language

2. You told me to give you some of the mangoes and the only apple from the aforementioned bowl

NOT WHEN THE ONLY APPLE HAS BEEN LOOTED BY AN IDIOT.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 9:00am On Apr 15, 2023
FCT IS A PROPERTY OF 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.
THE QUALIFICATION FOR MINIMUM REPRESENTATION IS A VOTE OF FCT DIVIDED BY 144, WHICH IS 25%, 25 OVER 100 OR 1 OVER 4 OF THE TOTAL VOTES OF FCT DIVIDED BY 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES.
IT IS 1/4 × VOTES/36 WHICH IS VOTES/144.
TINUBU HAS MORE THAN THIS, SO TINUBU IS THE ALL ROUND WINNER.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by orisa37: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2023
YOU MUST BE A PROFESSOR LIKE PANTAMI TO ASK DIGITAL ENGLISH QUESTIONS.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by a4cube: 9:34am On Apr 15, 2023
KillSars:
I need two third of orange, banana, cashew, mango, apple, pineapple, grape, pawpaw, and watermelon

What does it mean?
Now you have different fruits which are more that 2. You question should be two third of Mangos and Orange since what we have is 2/3 of states and another thing that is not a state.

We are talking of BETWEEN and not AMONG.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Proudlyomonna: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2023
Majesty7:

Interpreting law in a lame man way will only end you up in jail. The only way you can view this and to easily clear your skull is to reason thus; a particular state has 36lgas and one of the LGA houses the governor's office. Must the running governor wins the particular lga where the government office is situated before he could be declared a winner? Is the LGA different from other LGAs in the state because it houses the governor's office?

Until you are able to interpret the law like this, you will forever remains a perpetual crying baby.

Good day

Saying Abuja is State is making a wish-washy of the Constitution.
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is the capital territory of Nigeria, and it is in this territory that the capital city of Abuja is located. The FCT is not a state but is administered by elected officials who are supervised by the federal government.
If We want to judge by Inec's standard of SELECTION,Tinubu won as the highest bidder,but if We are to do it right Tinubu only came a distant 3TD.
Its an abortion to common sense to even dare to imagine or think that Tinubu with his Apc structure of doom,hardship,insecurity,electoral criminalities controlled by fifth columnist can go into the ballots with the intention of not rigging.
How's that even sensible?
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Omowale2023(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2023
KillSars:

Ur question 1, u are saying English language is not a subject

Question number 2, u asked me to give u 25fruits...

What else?
Lol....are you seriously serious........😂😂😂
Did you actually go to primary school?
Jokers!
How is English language not a subject?
Who are your parents?
Why did you allow your parents to waste their money on you?......😂😂😂
25 fruits?.......you are soothing your faulty narrative. What a shame....😂😂😂
Did I ask you to give me 25 fruits?......🙄🙄🙄
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2023
OP this game you are playing, no let Agbado Cornfused wailers catch you ooo
Omowale2023:

Question 1;
What does it mean?

Question 2;
What does that mean?

Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Omowale2023(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2023
Neoteny7:

25% in FCT still doesn't matter
I didn't ask you whether Abuja mattered or not. Answer the question above.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Omowale2023(m): 10:07am On Apr 15, 2023
MrBadNews:

This corn people on Obi matter again, simply answer the question, you started singing agbado national anthem. grin grin
Lol.....😂😂😂
Funny people
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Omowale2023(m): 10:09am On Apr 15, 2023
Ynix:

Las las Nigerians go destroy the table say, kuku kee me, English is not our mothers tongue grin
Aswears.. ...😂😂
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2023
please answer the question, all this ranting is not necesary.
flokii:
There is no part of the constitution that specifically states that a presidential aspirant MUST have 25 percent in FCT to be declared winner.

You have a clear winner but still in denial..

Obi that came distant 3rd won't be declared winner no matter how hard you cry..move d fvck on.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 15, 2023
Omowale2023:

Lol....are you seriously serious........😂😂😂
Did you actually go to primary school?
Jokers!
How is English language not a subject?
Who are your parents?
Why did you allow your parents to waste their money on you?......😂😂😂
25 fruits?.......you are soothing your faulty narrative. What a shame....😂😂😂
Did I ask you to give me 25 fruits?......🙄🙄🙄

You need credits in 4 subjects and English language
If English language is a subject, u should have known that e go fall under that 4 subject...

Make i correct u b4 u further make a mockery of ursef, u need credit in English language and 4 other subject

Now tell me, is apple and mango not a fruit?

Thank God for section 299 sha..... grin grin
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Omowale2023(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2023
ChEkWaSIyKe:

[1] Answer 1:
It means you need 4 credits in any subject and a credit in English language. NB: even if you have credits in 8 subject and have pass in English language, the aim have not been achieve. In other words, even if you give me credits in 3 subjects and credit in English language, you still did not carry out my instructions. In conclusion, you must give me 5 credits in 5 subjects, English language inclusive with any other 4 sujects.

[2] Answer 2:
Out of the 36 mangoes in a bowl, all I requested is give me 24 mangoes and 1 apple.

NB: if you give me 25 mangoes without the apple inclusive, you did not carry out my instructions. On the other hand, if you give me 23 mangoes and the apple you still fail to carry out my instructions.

You must give me 24 mangoes and 1 apple. I need 25 fruits but apple must be inclusive.
God bless you sir for answering my question beautifully. You are blessed.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 15, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Saying Abuja is State is making a wish-washy of the Constitution.
The Federal Capital Territory (FCT), is the capital territory of Nigeria, and it is in this territory that the capital city of Abuja is located. The FCT is not a state but is administered by elected officials who are supervised by the federal government.
If We want to judge by Inec's standard of SELECTION,Tinubu won as the highest bidder,but if We are to do it right Tinubu only came a distant 3TD.
Its an abortion to common sense to even dare to imagine or think that Tinubu with his Apc structure of doom,hardship,insecurity,electoral criminalities controlled by fifth columnist can go into the ballots with the intention of not rigging.
How's that even sensible?
What does section 299 of the constitution says?
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2023
Werey grin grin grin grin which kin analysis be this. Its obvious agbado people are sensless now cool
boltwings:

your number 2 question means we have 37 fruits because mango and apple is still fruit but if I refused to give you that apple it means I have not done what you asked me to do.

But because I be jagaban I can give you only 24 mangos and even add one extra mango making 25 mangoes without apple and then I will tell you to go to court. Before you get to the court I will talk to my old justice and bribe him 2billion naira then ask him to tell you that as long as an apple is still seen as fruit, it means 25 mangoes can cover for the 24 mangoes plus 1 apple you requested from me.

I will win because I be jagaban, I control INEC, the court and all the big men in this country. Even Buhari I de control am

Una better cancel the election and set a date for a new election because
No1. INEC broke the electoral act constitution
No1. INEC broke the 25% rule
No3. The election was massively rigged and seen live on tv by the whole world.

Peter Obi Datti should be declared as president if they don't want to cancel the election because if proper counting is done, Obi will win.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Omowale2023(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2023
Majesty7:

Good day
Bros.....I asked you a question. What you said above has no relation to the question asked. Please endeavor to understand simple English.
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by Godwin4444: 10:14am On Apr 15, 2023
Omowale2023:

Lol.....you poured out your mind
u reply yourself with your second moniker

We get sense pass u
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 10:15am On Apr 15, 2023
Ok, who is the governor of FCT?
KillSars:
Rest...

Argument for no dey had it been it was 25% of ⅔ of 36state and 25% of FCT

E dey different from 25% of ⅔ of 36state and fct..

If u start to dey list 36state: abia, adamawa,Anambra, bauchi,...... the last item on the places in Nigeria will be the FCT which will attract a comma and "AND"

FCT ain't special...
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2023
Nothing reasonable is expected from Agbado brain actually
Neoteny7:

25% in FCT still doesn't matter
Re: Answer This Question If You Understand English Language by IIdamuAdugbo(f): 10:22am On Apr 15, 2023
People write law, you dey use your own sentiment to assume what they meant, why you agbado people just brainless like this?
Majesty7:

Good day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yaradua Suspends Domestic Passenger Plane In Air For 3 Hrs. / Igbo Census You Must Participate / How Subsidy Is Calculated, N1.3 Trillion Explained - Simple Calculation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.