Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala (28767 Views)

South Easterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala / Ezekwesili: Buhari Worse Than Jonathan In Governance / I Have Lost Faith In Nigeria's Democracy - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by EmmyCC: 7:41pm On Apr 15, 2023
Odibembem:

Yet Tinubu who has never ruled them or influenced who governs them is their biggest problem and the source of all their woes and bitterness. They go to bed wailing about how he has cornered Lagos. How can such a people ever achieve healing?
Yes Tinubu is part of our problem. See what happened in Imo where the people voted and a winner emerged. But Tinubu's APC used supreme Court to steal the people's mandate.

AlsoWe are not just complaining about state and local government. The federal government has also neglected the South East.
Tinubu played a part in the neglect of the South East in a way so if you care I will tell you how.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by MSGAMBLE9: 7:49pm On Apr 15, 2023
princeemma69:
who needs your feelings? South East has the lowest poverty index in Nigeria according to the Bureau of Statistics. Send your feelings to your brothers who are doing agbero work to survive.
if this is true, why una dey commot the region in night buses in ten of thousands come dey hawk for traffic and do nwa boy-boy in Southwest. Beggars can't be choosers.

Quit chest-beating, my bloda.

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by rippa(m): 8:02pm On Apr 15, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Kai you mean Anambra with IGR of #8.7 B annually? this must be a joke. Do you know what Kaduna or Kano or even poor Osun state generate? Quit chest-beating.

https://guardian.ng/news/anambra-state-targets-n50-billion-igr-in-2022/

Southeast that is dragging development level with North-east I beg. The so-called Southern Nigeria ghetto according to UNDP.

Yeye dey smell.
What kind of brains do we have in this country?
How does taxing every fowl and chicken in ur state just to raise the IGR equate to development?
Are all these IGRs generated put into the right use?
Nigeria is far richer than many European countries in terms of revenue generation, what has been the impact of all the money we gets from oil? Nothing.
Few people at the top loot all this money and u are here defending it.
Use ur Google and checked the most developed states in Nigeria currently and Anambra is ranked 5th after Lagos, Abuja, kano, and Rivers..
We have to reallyreset our mentality in this country.
Money are generated but it ends up in few peoples pockets and we call that development 🙄🙄
Nawa oo
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by broadman20: 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Respectively ma, you gotta chill out and stop being rebellious.

Hahahaha!

See this son of Oshodi ahawo o, get mouth to talk back at a world class personality!
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by chaloskyx: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2023
Lol and you that is peaceful what positive impact has the current system giving you?
TemplarLandry:
Respectively ma, you gotta chill out and stop being rebellious.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by ebenholer2(m): 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2023
OKONJO SHOULD TELL THE BIGOTS BEFORE THEY START BLAMING THE PRESIDENT FOR EVERYTHING
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Ogurube: 9:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
I hope your “wise strategy” will get y’all out of that rabbit hole in which you wallow.
Acekidc4:
It's only Losers that will always lose Faith in Governance because Why? you people dont know how to play the game of Politics. You are always too emotional.

Emotions vs Wise Strategy?
Strategy will always Win anytime anyday. Take it or Leave it.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by princeemma69: 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2023
Omofloflo:

Always do proper research b4 u post rubbish online... i dont blame u sha most of u people(igbo) no go to school
Look at how you disgrace yourself and the most intelligent tribe in Nigeria and even the schools you attended, that is if you are educated. I wonder if you know the meaning of research? I quoted the most reliable statistical body in Nigeria, NBS and you are bringing a chart from one gutter blog, if your source is reliable, why not post it here. An educated man who does not know what authority source mean
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Odibembem: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2023
rippa:

Lolz
Firstly, I'm from Edo state.
Secondly, i attended Uniben and i studied chemical engineering
Thirdly, i served in a very big govt institution in Lagos and I'm equally doing well for myself.

How u guys think anybody complaining about the problems of Nigeria is from the SE, its what i dont understand.
Nigeria is a failed state regardless how well u think u are doing for urself and I'm so ashamed right now to have attended same university with a blind fellow like u that can't reason above sentiments and tribalism.

How many region is even doing better than SE in Nigeria currently?
Remove Lagos that was developed by British govt and the federal govt from SW and SW is a shitholes
Anambra is more developed than all the 19 states in the North except Abuja and kano according to rankings
Anambra is more developed than all the states in the South west except Lagos that was developed by British govt and the federal govt of Nigeria
Anambra is more developed than all the states in the South South except rivers.

That u hate them doesn't mean they are not better than u
Just take ur medication and relax

Young man u are not doing well. If you were, no way you will call your own country a failed nation. You are merely living on d fringes and it's a shame after u got near free education in Uniben. Failed nations don't give her citizens almost free highly subsidized university education. It's in this same country your mates started fintechs like flutterwave, Opay, Moniepoint etc in d last six years, that now have huge capitalization and employ thousands of young Nigerians who are now upwardly mobile. Yes d govt has failed in so many areas but d country has not failed. It's people like you who cannot smell the coffee that have failed.

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by BossGerald: 9:59pm On Apr 15, 2023
Christistruth03:
It is their Governors that were too Bad

Go to Ordinary Akwa Ibom and Cross River from the SE and you will think you are in a different Country entirely

Have you tried going from Osun, Ogun,Oyo, ekiti, and Ondo??
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Acekidc4(m): 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ogurube:
I hope your “wise strategy” will get y’all out of that rabbit hole in which you wallow.

Which hole do you belong?
I bet it's Pigs 🐖 🐖 hole or
your dirty asshole......Mcheew.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Omofloflo: 10:40pm On Apr 15, 2023
princeemma69:
Look at how you disgrace yourself and the most intelligent tribe in Nigeria and even the schools you attended, that is if you are educated. I wonder if you know the meaning of research? I quoted the most reliable statistical body in Nigeria, NBS and you are bringing a chart from one gutter blog, if your source is reliable, why not post it here. An educated man who does not know what authority source mean

Emma wey mumu, thank God you accepted that we(Yorubas) are the most intelligent tribe in Nigeria. I guess you are the most educated in your village but let me burst your brain.... you are half baked. And besides, most of the so called rich men in your region made their money in Lagos. So You people are nothing without Lagos (south west)

https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/news/78

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Bringbackmandat: 11:00pm On Apr 15, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's only Losers that will always lose Faith in Governance because Why? you people dont know how to play the game of Politics. You are always too emotional.

any strategy that will make a drug Barron as my president, i condemned that strategy.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by AdaojoTheUrchin: 11:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Acekidc4:

Are you a winner? Are you better than the lowest Igbo men in any ramification based on quality of life, are your fingers not looking raggedy and dirty from year's collecting N50 owoda at Iyana Ipaja? grin
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Bringbackmandat: 11:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
Infact not only South East, some fools will see nothing is wrong in the country as far as their drug Barron is sworn inn.
133 million Nigerians are living in poverty and some idiots still didn't see anything wrong with the country. Is that not madness?
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by OsunOriginal: 11:40pm On Apr 15, 2023
Ademola47:

The Punch

These ethnic bigots again... are southeasterners special Nigerians or saints? Are the governors, senators, rep members from SE not southeasterners? Are they not worshipping these people?
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by MSGAMBLE9: 11:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
rippa:

What kind of brains do we have in this country?
How does taxing every fowl and chicken in ur state just to raise the IGR equate to development?
Are all these IGRs generated put into the right use?
Nigeria is far richer than many European countries in terms of revenue generation, what has been the impact of all the money we gets from oil? Nothing.
Few people at the top loot all this money and u are here defending it.
Use ur Google and checked the most developed states in Nigeria currently and Anambra is ranked 5th after Lagos, Abuja, kano, and Rivers..
We have to reallyreset our mentality in this country.
Money are generated but it ends up in few peoples pockets and we call that development 🙄🙄
Nawa oo
You can't tax the penniless..what is happening with agbero in Onitsha proof these bcoz the deluded Soludo wan increase IGR from #8.7B to #50B and he is already failing as the means to achieve this lofty figures is not available in Anambra state. Na ghost wan pay tax wen majority of their youth dey West dey hawk for traffic or doing nwa boy-boy, where revenue wan come from.

Developed in terms of what when their revenue no reach even that of OSUN..abeg rest

Where it ends up is not the Koko here..IGR is the basic test of strength of local economic not chest-beating or Nzobu-nzobu.

Yeye dey smell.

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by eaglechild: 11:44pm On Apr 15, 2023
Apparently no one bothered to read the article.
She was referring to governance in the SE.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by KwuoteYourFada: 11:56pm On Apr 15, 2023
KingKO22:
Bcs they always support loser 🤣😂😀

And North West has been supporting winners

North West has the strongest politicians yet remains the poorest region

SE is being sabotaged from left right center

South east has by far the income per capita than any region in Nigeria without much federal presence apart from countless roadblocks.

You don't get it don't you?

It doesn't matter who is ruling Igbos will be doing just fine

God is with us we don't care who rules just perform and we have the right to vote who we want too. Yar adua and obj were there nobody complained much.

Those controlling this country knows

The day Igbos rule Nigeria

That day Nigeria is liberated

Why?

Igbos are progressive people

And will always want to make name for himself of course by and outstanding performance

This will of course make those ruling now to lose trust on their people.

Igbos don't believe in keeping people poor and use them as puppet we are republicans and rebellious if you're not doing well

I have said this countless times

It takes only one good government to set Nigeria up for huge speedy development

Obi used APGA to do it in Anambra since then it has been up and up and up

Tho Lagos was already a success with huge potential Asiwaju did it in lag too no cap I don't lie. he set the trajectory for Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo olu to follow

My problem I have is trying to keep your people poor and use them for election and that's what they're implementing

Like it or not SW is towing NW way

Go and check education ranking you'll be surprised how SE states are comfortably leading

Awo will be disappointed

This election really showed something in SW the enlightened ones didn't support APC

Imagine fresh people are tagged Igbos in Lagos last election

Really shows who's doing well

Make Una dey play
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by MSGAMBLE9: 12:58am On Apr 16, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

And North West has been supporting winners

North West has the strongest politicians yet remains the poorest region

SE is being sabotaged from left right center

South east has by far the income per capita than any region in Nigeria without much federal presence apart from countless roadblocks.

You don't get it don't you?

It doesn't matter who is ruling Igbos will be doing just fine

God is with us we don't care who rules just perform and we have the right to vote who we want too. Yar adua and obj were there nobody complained much.

Those controlling this country knows

The day Igbos rule Nigeria

That day Nigeria is liberated

Why?

Igbos are progressive people

And will always want to make name for himself of course by and outstanding performance

This will of course make those ruling now to lose trust on their people.

Igbos don't believe in keeping people poor and use them as puppet we are republicans and rebellious if you're not doing well

I have said this countless times

It takes only one good government to set Nigeria up for huge speedy development

Obi used APGA to do it in Anambra since then it has been up and up and up

Tho Lagos was already a success with huge potential Asiwaju did it in lag too no cap I don't lie. he set the trajectory for Fashola, Ambode and Sanwo olu to follow

My problem I have is trying to keep your people poor and use them for election and that's what they're implementing

Like it or not SW is towing NW way

Go and check education ranking you'll be surprised how SE states are comfortably leading

Awo will be disappointed

This election really showed something in SW the enlightened ones didn't support APC

Imagine fresh people are tagged Igbos in Lagos last election

Really shows who's doing well

Make Una dey play

IBO don't believe in keeping people poor? buh if this is true the east wouldn't be referred to as Southern ghetto or poverty stricken by UNDP. we see what is happening in Onitsha with agbero corhort and Soludo trying to tax it's penniless indigenes all in the name of increasing internal Revenue. Also with youths escaping the region via night buses in thousands each day to other viable regions...is it not to escape poverty?.

They have highest per capital income? buh why didn't that translate to higher govt revenue and why does States in the East have lower Revenue then even some North-Central states e.g when Kaduna or Ogun alone dwarves the entire east combined.

This chest-beating is not adding up jaree.

Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by yom2(m): 2:48am On Apr 16, 2023
rippa:

Lolz
Firstly, I'm from Edo state.
Secondly, i attended Uniben and i studied chemical engineering
Thirdly, i served in a very big govt institution in Lagos and I'm equally doing well for myself.

How u guys think anybody complaining about the problems of Nigeria is from the SE, its what i dont understand.
Nigeria is a failed state regardless how well u think u are doing for urself and I'm so ashamed right now to have attended same university with a blind fellow like u that can't reason above sentiments and tribalism.

How many region is even doing better than SE in Nigeria currently?
Remove Lagos that was developed by British govt and the federal govt from SW and SW is a shitholes
Anambra is more developed than all the 19 states in the North except Abuja and kano according to rankings
Anambra is more developed than all the states in the South west except Lagos that was developed by British govt and the federal govt of Nigeria
Anambra is more developed than all the states in the South South except rivers.

That u hate them doesn't mean they are not better than u
Just take ur medication and relax

but where did all these hate thing come from? I think all parties are to be blame
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Maski87: 4:07am On Apr 16, 2023
Christistruth03:
It is their Governors that were too Bad

Go to Ordinary Akwa Ibom and Cross River from the SE and you will think you are in a different Country entirely
You says things that are false, have you been to tinapa in cross river recently, Nigeria is a mess, am sure your are enjoying buying diseal for 900 naira, and 1 dollars for 1000 naira
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by djseanjohn77: 6:34am On Apr 16, 2023
princeemma69:
who needs your feelings? South East has the lowest poverty index in Nigeria according to the Bureau of Statistics. Send your feelings to your brothers who are doing agbero work to survive.

I hope you know those agberos are richer than you grin grin grin? Dey play grin

Bureau of statistic koh, wheelbarrow ni grin grin

In the 90s and 2000s, you know how most of them came to Lagos? They arrived with bago bag under their armpit and sleepers from their village grin grin grin. God back to that same village, and see how people are living.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by djseanjohn77: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2023
Finquas:

Enugu is beautiful,,Ebonyi is doing well too even though the Gov dia is in a wrong association. But I tink in all,, the South East has great potential for greatness.. they have proven it beyond doubts that they have the capacity cuz naturally they are very industrious and hardworking . it's time for them to go home and be intentional in making that bight of Biafra ,,the pride of Nigeria and the Dubai of Africa

The major challenge is kidnapping and been killed mysteriously- Have you wondered why any Igbo man that makes it abroad, even when he builds huge house in the village, he prefers to live in his house abroad?

Have you thought of human capacity wise, East do not have the population, and West is where the market will always be, this is by providence, globally. The West is favored in all parts of the world for rapid growth, few Eastern countries on the equator are beginning to rise, but you will still find their development located mostly in the west of their coutries
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by rippa(m): 7:10am On Apr 16, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
You can't tax the penniless..what is happening with agbero in Onitsha proof these bcoz the deluded Soludo wan increase IGR from #8.7B to #50B and he is already failing as the means to achieve this lofty figures is not available in Anambra state. Na ghost wan pay tax wen majority of their youth dey West dey hawk for traffic or doing nwa boy-boy, where revenue wan come from.

Developed in terms of what when their revenue no reach even that of OSUN..abeg rest

Where it ends up is not the Koko here..IGR is the basic test of strength of local economic not chest-beating or Nzobu-nzobu.

Yeye dey smell.
When u want to mention West just mention Lagos
Lagos is only one of the 6states in the West
The rest 5 are rubbish.
Yes, Lagos tax the penniless.
Even sachet water seller in lagos is taxed.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by rippa(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2023
Odibembem:

Young man u are not doing well. If you were, no way you will call your own country a failed nation. You are merely living on d fringes and it's a shame after u got near free education in Uniben. Failed nations don't give her citizens almost free highly subsidized university education. It's in this same country your mates started fintechs like flutterwave, Opay, Moniepoint etc in d last six years, that now have huge capitalization and employ thousands of young Nigerians who are now upwardly mobile. Yes d govt has failed in so many areas but d country has not failed. It's people like you who cannot smell the coffee that have failed.
Its a waste of time replying u.
U called the rubbish education in Nigeria free🤣🤣
How many engineering graduates from Nigeria universities can compete with their peers in developed countries?
Go to mechanical engineering practical room in Uniben and u will find nothing there.
U seriously don't understand the meaning of failure
Since u are the only one doing well for urself, good for u.
Have a lovely day
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by splashbaby(m): 7:24am On Apr 16, 2023
They were never involved in governance before now! All they wanted is Biafra… these are people that called Nigeria zoo, they suddenly picked interest when they discovered the North has agreed to shift power to the South and Tinubu looks likely to be the benefactor… reason you see them attacking Tinubu vigorously, because he stands between them and the success of their candidate.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by TrumpDonald2: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2023
Acekidc4:

By wise strategy, you mean rigging I believe.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by IjebuWarrior: 9:21am On Apr 16, 2023
princeemma69:

Chai... Okoro pple and loud mouths! grin

Empty vessels making loudest noise na e dem be.

Useless Savages!
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Finquas: 9:25am On Apr 16, 2023
djseanjohn77:

The major challenge is kidnapping and been killed mysteriously- Have you wondered why any Igbo man that makes it abroad, even when he builds huge house in the village, he prefers to live in his house abroad?

Have you thought of human capacity wise, East do not have the population, and West is where the market will always be, this is by providence, globally. The West is favored in all parts of the world for rapid growth, few Eastern countries on the equator are beginning to rise, but you will still find their development located mostly in the west of their coutries
This is too much exaggerated hyperbole bro. For something you have no idea of.. it's misplaced logic to begin to talk about it. Where did u get your statistics from about this West and East dichotomy? And how is it you think an Igbo man prefers to live abroad Dan stay home cuz of kidnapping? Lol. The East has always been a safe region not until the recent politicians over there in connivance with external forces from other regions decided to bring all kinds of alien stuffs in dia region to settle political difference. The Igbos i know too well are not savage or lazy to involve in idle neferious stuffs like kidnaping and and the so called unknown Gunmen debacle,, but very hardworking and industrious people. So it's all political .. and i trust when this nepostic Govt in power exits.. The East will find stability
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by MSGAMBLE9: 9:36am On Apr 16, 2023
rippa:

When u want to mention West just mention Lagos
Lagos is only one of the 6states in the West
The rest 5 are rubbish.
Yes, Lagos tax the penniless.
Even sachet water seller in lagos is taxed.

Not only Lagos, Oyo and Ogun IGR dwarves the entire East..even poor Osun (which isn't among top 4 in West) dwarves your so called "developed' Anambra for revenue with your so-called "Onitsha international market'. This is not chest-beating or Nzobu-nzobu matter.

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/economy/1498215-the-nigerian-states-highest-internally-generated-revenue/

We talking about thousands of night buses departing East everyday to vaible "brown roof' Western States to escape POVERTY.

Taxing the penniless? yet they still pays..why didn't the agbero Soludo employ to be tax collector gives same result if it easy to tax the penniless.

Joke's on you.
Re: Most Southeasterners Have Lost Faith In Governance – Okonjo-iweala by Akungitit: 9:44am On Apr 16, 2023
Who cares?
Let them go back to their villages.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Atiku Did To Me During Lagos State Gov, So Painful, Unforgettable - Tinubu / DANGER! Ketu Pedestrian Bridge Shakes As More Commuters Besiege The Platform / Governor Ayo Fayose And Helen Paul Pictured Together

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89