Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches (17551 Views)

Some Benefits Of Attending A Local Church / 7 Different Churches In One Building in Lagos, See Nigerians' Reactions / How Adeboye's Disobedience Built A Global Brand - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by sweetkev(m): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
Boomark:
Many women today are the cause of the problems in their families because they have insisted on attending a church different from their husband's church. This has led to divorce/separation between husbands and wives.

What women don't know is that they are on their own before God. God hates such act of disobedience. As long as your husband didn't say you should not worship God. I will point out why it is wrong with bible verses.

1. True worshippers of God worship him in spirit and truth. These are the people that God is looking for. Not those that destroy what God has joined together because they are looking for God on a mountain, in a temple, or church. God is a spirit and is everywhere, even in your room. Jesus told us what God wants from those seeking Him in John 4:20-24.
Matthew 6:6.

God hates divorce/separation as seen in Malachi 2: 16, Matthew 19:3-9, Mark 10:2-12. Divorce is the word used for separation between husband and wife. If you are a pastor, prophet, prophetess, or a wife that breaks home because of ministry, church or mountain prayers, you have a case to answer before God on the judgement day. The warning... Matthew 19:5-8, Ephesians 5:31-33.

2. Obedience to the will of God is better than any sacrifice you think you are making for God in disobedience to your head/husband. Saul was rejected by God as king because he thought that offering fat rams to God in a temple(worship) is better than the instruction God gave. 1 Samuel 15:3, 20-23.

3. Any pastor, prophet, or prophetess who knew but kept encouraging you to keep attending his church or ministry which is causing problem between you and your husband is practising lawlessness. Matthew 7:21-23. These things are not a guarantee of being right with God. Overzealousness is nothing. The will of God is above everything.

Even though they prophecy in his name, cast out demons in his name, and perform many signs and wonders in his name, they will be rejected by God on the last day. Same with the overzealous disobedient wife. Do not be deceived.

4. If your husband has this issue against you and you think by being too zealous for God that he will accept you, you are wrong and on your own. You cannot appear before God with sin as a disobedient wife who is striving with her husband and expect God to accept your work, gift, or sacrifice in the church or ministry you attend. Before God will accept you anywhere, you must go and make peace with your husband first. See it here in Matthew 5:23-24.

5. They tell you there is no husband in heaven but they won't tell you there is no church in heaven. They won't tell you that you must give account of what you did with your husband on earth before they allow you pass through the gate of heaven. If not, you are going nowhere. God only desire those that will worship him in spirit and truth wherever they are.

Know this, that if you move from one church to another, it will not be used against you on the judgment day. But when you move from one husband to another, or abandon the one that married you, you have a case to answer. God hates divorce, Malachi 2:16. So if your desire to worship with a particular pastor, church, or ministry is making you to do what God hates, then you will have yourself to blame on the day of judgement.

6. This is what it means to love God, that you keep his commandments and yet his commandments are not burdensome. His will that you seek to do is not a burden that can cause problem and separation between husband and wife, Deuteronomy 30:11-14, 1 John 5:3. What he desire from us is simple, see also Micah 6:7-8.

The purest and undefiled form of religion/worship before God is to help the orphans, widows, and to stay away from worldly things, James 1:27.

7. Let no man judge you because of keeping the Sabbath day for it ts not a requirement for going to heaven, Col 2:16-17.

Submit to your husband and have deep respect for him, Ephesians 5:22-24, 1 Peter 3:1-2, 5-6.

If you are a pastor, prophet, or prophetess, and you have a member who is having such issue with her husband, it is better to do the needful accordingly to what is written in Matthew 5:23-24. Let them go make peace first with husbands and come clean before God for worship.

Even if it means they won't come back, at least you are not guilty of causing division and breaking what God has joined together.
Opp, what if in a situation where one partner converted to Christianity while the other partner still remains in his/her religion. What's the one who converted going to do ?
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Saintmary(f): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2023
TheGift:
Before asking the Woman to Obey the Man, is the Man obeying God? Before asking His Woman to submit to Him, has the Man submitted to God?

If He has submitted to God, then He will focus on the major of loving and cherishing His Wife as Christ loved the Church, by giving up himself and sacrificing for her. Rather than majoring in the minor of whether she comes to His church or not.

As long as they are both going to Bible believing churches, they can come back home to fellowship and share what they learnt from
Their various churches, and there will be peace in the home.

The statement "love your wives" is missing from Nigerian men's Bibles.

1 Like

Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by geedee4real(m): 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
I am into this already and I need help! I am an Anglican! While my wife was born into the apostolic faith. She loves her church so much. While planning for our marriage I promised her that I will allow her practice her own faith. After our marriage I started attending same church with her but wasn't comfortable with their mode of worship. How do I withdraw from the church without causing any issue at home. Because I withdrawing means am withdrawing my kids also. Please I need advise
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 12:42pm On Apr 16, 2023
geedee4real:
I am into this already and I need help! I am an Anglican! While my wife was born into the apostolic faith. She loves her church so much. While planning for our marriage I promised her that I will allow her practice her own faith. After our marriage I started attending same church with her but wasn't comfortable with their mode of worship. How do I withdraw from the church without causing any issue at home. Because I withdrawing means am withdrawing my kids also. Please I need advise
Well
I don't think you have a problem per SE
You are Anglican protestant right
And she is apostolic grin grin
I can see where the differences are.the mode of worship,the hymns and the mode of teachings..phew but it is workable.
It will require you both to have a home or family worship.
The two of you will draft a unifying theme with centers around Christ Jesus,bible verses and prayer.(15 minutes)
It is awori though.
That way you are not looking from the lens of church building but through the bible scripture itself
And most important let love be felt in that house.that love of God
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Mimicle101: 12:44pm On Apr 16, 2023
Guys please kindly turn into Jesus Christ temple ministry

On dstv.

The man of God is addressing family issues. Please watch
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2023
Personally, I see this as something that should be discussed before one tie the knot. Some of our GFs turned wives do not want to change their church or believe that the husband will join them in their churches.

I always discuss this with any woman. If you love me, and you want me, then you should also know that my belief and faith are part of what made me who I am that you have come to love. I can't change my church for you, and you can't continue to attend yours while answering my name, living in my house et al.

If you can't accept my church then the marriage would end before it begins.

1 Like

Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Lukuluku69(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2023
Boomark:
Many women today are the cause of the problems in their families because they have insisted on attending a church different from their husband's church. This has led to divorce/separation between husbands and wives.

What women don't know is that they are on their own before God. God hates such act of disobedience. As long as your husband didn't say you should not worship God. I will point out why it is wrong with bible verses.

1. True worshippers of God worship him in spirit and truth. These are the people that God is looking for. Not those that destroy what God has joined together because they are looking for God on a mountain, in a temple, or church. God is a spirit and is everywhere, even in your room. Jesus told us what God wants from those seeking Him in John 4:20-24.
Matthew 6:6.

God hates divorce/separation as seen in Malachi 2: 16, Matthew 19:3-9, Mark 10:2-12. Divorce is the word used for separation between husband and wife. If you are a pastor, prophet, prophetess, or a wife that breaks home because of ministry, church or mountain prayers, you have a case to answer before God on the judgement day. The warning... Matthew 19:5-8, Ephesians 5:31-33.

2. Obedience to the will of God is better than any sacrifice you think you are making for God in disobedience to your head/husband. Saul was rejected by God as king because he thought that offering fat rams to God in a temple(worship) is better than the instruction God gave. 1 Samuel 15:3, 20-23.

3. Any pastor, prophet, or prophetess who knew but kept encouraging you to keep attending his church or ministry which is causing problem between you and your husband is practising lawlessness. Matthew 7:21-23. These things are not a guarantee of being right with God. Overzealousness is nothing. The will of God is above everything.

Even though they prophecy in his name, cast out demons in his name, and perform many signs and wonders in his name, they will be rejected by God on the last day. Same with the overzealous disobedient wife. Do not be deceived.

4. If your husband has this issue against you and you think by being too zealous for God that he will accept you, you are wrong and on your own. You cannot appear before God with sin as a disobedient wife who is striving with her husband and expect God to accept your work, gift, or sacrifice in the church or ministry you attend. Before God will accept you anywhere, you must go and make peace with your husband first. See it here in Matthew 5:23-24.

5. They tell you there is no husband in heaven but they won't tell you there is no church in heaven. They won't tell you that you must give account of what you did with your husband on earth before they allow you pass through the gate of heaven. If not, you are going nowhere. God only desire those that will worship him in spirit and truth wherever they are.

Know this, that if you move from one church to another, it will not be used against you on the judgment day. But when you move from one husband to another, or abandon the one that married you, you have a case to answer. God hates divorce, Malachi 2:16. So if your desire to worship with a particular pastor, church, or ministry is making you to do what God hates, then you will have yourself to blame on the day of judgement.

6. This is what it means to love God, that you keep his commandments and yet his commandments are not burdensome. His will that you seek to do is not a burden that can cause problem and separation between husband and wife, Deuteronomy 30:11-14, 1 John 5:3. What he desire from us is simple, see also Micah 6:7-8.

The purest and undefiled form of religion/worship before God is to help the orphans, widows, and to stay away from worldly things, James 1:27.

7. Let no man judge you because of keeping the Sabbath day for it ts not a requirement for going to heaven, Col 2:16-17.

Submit to your husband and have deep respect for him, Ephesians 5:22-24, 1 Peter 3:1-2, 5-6.

If you are a pastor, prophet, or prophetess, and you have a member who is having such issue with her husband, it is better to do the needful accordingly to what is written in Matthew 5:23-24. Let them go make peace first with husbands and come clean before God for worship.

Even if it means they won't come back, at least you are not guilty of causing division and breaking what God has joined together.

Does it matter? Is it not same Jesus that is being preached in those other Churches?

And how do you know that the Husband's Church preach the RIGHT DOCTRINES?
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Lukuluku69(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2023
geedee4real:

Is the Anglican Faith different from the Apostolic Faith?

I asked because of the second line in your post.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lukuluku69:

Does it matter? Is it not same Jesus that is being preached in those other Churches?

And how do you know that the Husband's Church preach the RIGHT DOCTRINES?
I hope you know your church and believe system has influence on how you view life?

If she loves the way you view life, she should know your church also contributed to it.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:
Personally, I see this as something that should be discussed before one tie the knot. Some of our GFs turned wives do not want to change their church or believe that the husband will join them in their churches.

I always discuss this with any woman. If you love me, and you want me, then you should also know that my belief and faith are part of what made me who I am that you have come to love. I can't change my church for you, and you can't continue to attend yours while answering my name, living in my house et al.

If you can't accept my church then the marriage would end before it begins.
It is the same way the other side
The church she attended is what made her the way she is
If you cannot leave you church to attend her church for love
Leave her for her husband
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by NoToPile: 12:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
geedee4real:

The faith both of you share is christainity, both churches share the christain faith, even though Anglican is an orthodox church they really dont have controversial doctrines like other orthodox churches.

Never attended apostolic faith though but read lots of their higher way magazines it seems like an SU kind of church with lots of consecration teachings which in itself is not bad.

Promising her is the issue now because you would be held accountable to your words. Though Anglican is an orthodox church she will still be able to blend in but you promised and she will hold on to that.

This issue shouldn't bring problem to a family.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 12:55pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

I hope you know your church and believe system has influence on how you view life?

If she loves the way you view life, she should know your church also contributed to it.
If you love your wife you will love her church views and you will contribute vtobher church development
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 12:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
baralatie:

If you love your wife you will love her church views and you will contribute vtobher church development
The man is the head of the house. She can't submit to everything except my faith or denomination.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 12:58pm On Apr 16, 2023
NoToPile:

The faith both of you share is christainity, both churches share the christain faith, even though Anglican is an orthodox church they really dont have controversial doctrines like other orthodox churches.

Never attended apostolic faith though but read lots of their higher way magazines it seems like an SU kind of church with lots of consecration teachings which in itself is not bad.

Promising her is the issue now because you would be held accountable to your words. Though Anglican is an orthodox church she will still be able to blend in but you promised and she will hold on to that.

This issue shouldn't bring problem to a family.
Apostolic is su grade 1 grin (for the real ones o.and the serious ones don't marry outside apostolic)
So I don't expect an issue in that marriage unless other factors are creeping in and disguise as
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16, 2023
baralatie:

It is the same way the other side
The church she attended is what made her the way she is
If you cannot leave you church to attend her church for love
Leave her for her husband
Sure I will.

This shouldn't be a problem in marriage.
Because that marriage isn't supposed to start if there's no agreement between both of them.

After leaving her father's house, her village, everything about her but she can't leave her church?

Are we now saying wives should only submit to her husband in some aspects?
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

The man is the head of the house. She can't submit to everything except my faith or denomination.
Which scripture are you quoting tonlay claim that the wife has to submit to your faith or denomination
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

Sure I will.

This shouldn't be a problem in marriage.
Because that marriage isn't supposed to start if there's no agreement between both of them.

After leaving her father's house, her village, everything about her but she can't leave her church?

Are we now saying wives should only submit to her husband in some aspects?

For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife
It is you the man that will leave your village and family and join the wife.
Na bible o
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Lukuluku69(m): 1:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

If ever I decide to attend a Church, my views about life will be from the Scriptures and not what my Church think.

Also, the Husband Church could be preaching wrong doctrines and also wrong views about life, so why would/should the wife follow him to his own church?
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lukuluku69:

If ever I decide to attend a Church, my views about life will be from the Scriptures and not what my Church think.

Also, the Husband Church could be preaching wrong doctrines and also wrong views about life, so why would/should the wife follow him to his own church?
Whether you like it or not, your church influence how you view and Interprete the word of God. Except you just a church goer.

If she doesn't like my view, there's no marriage.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 1:08pm On Apr 16, 2023
baralatie:

For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife
It is you the man that will leave your village and family and join the wife.
Na bible o
I hear you grin
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Lukuluku69(m): 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

Whether you like it or not, your church influence how you view and Interprete the word of God. Except you just a church goer.

If she doesn't like my view, there's no marriage.

You are assuming too much.

My Life's view are basically from the Scriptures and my experiences not what one Pastors/Clergy/Clerics says. If it conforms to what the Scriptures says and I can verify with my own experience, then all good.

If not, they are just hot air. Water at the back of a Duck!
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
baralatie:

Which scripture are you quoting tonlay claim that the wife has to submit to your faith or denomination
Hehehehe...
Did I quote any scripture?
If we said that; the woman should submit. Then a Man's faith and believe is part of what makes the man. A woman can't claim she wants to be with the Man and hates his church or believe. Infact attending another church is a great dishonour to the Man.

In All, Your church and believe has influence in your life. Something as simple as the way we pray is influenced by the church we attend.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 1:15pm On Apr 16, 2023
Lukuluku69:

You are assuming too much.

My Life's view are basically from the Scriptures and my experiences not what one Pastors/Clergy/Clerics says. If it conforms to what the Scriptures says and I can verify with my own experience, then all good.

If not, they are just hot air. Water at the back of a Duck!
Okay.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Lukuluku69(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

Okay.

Shukran!
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

Hehehehe...
Did I quote any scripture?
If we said that; the woman should submit. Then a Man's faith and believe is part of what makes the man. A woman can't claim she wants to be with the Man and hates his church or believe. Infact attending another church is a great dishonour to the Man.

In All, Your church and believe has influence in your life. Something as simple as the way we pray is influenced by the church we attend.
Well
The bible say as a husband you should love your wife
And give your life as Jesus Christ gave his life for the church

So be more loving as you saw her
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by samuelpeters(m): 1:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
baralatie:

Well
The bible say as a husband you should[b] love your wife [/b]
And give your life as Jesus Christ gave his life for the church

So be more loving as you saw her
Well, everybody with their beliefs.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by baralatie(m): 1:19pm On Apr 16, 2023
samuelpeters:

Well, everybody with their beliefs.
Gbagaun!
You see were the shoe size is
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Boomark(m): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2023
flokii:
The so called pastors are not helping matters.. Ideally before a woman kneels to greet her pastor, she must first kneel to greet her husband whom God Himself made the head of the family unit.. all others religious figures like pastors, imams, bishops, reverend fathers etc. are secondary.

There is no way God will answer your prayers when you fail to honour your immediate "lord" which is your husband as ordained by the Almighty in heaven. God is specific and HE doesn't change.

In addition to this, they can change church, pastor, etc, but they can't change their husbands who God ordained for them. If they do, they have a serious case with God.

So it now left for those who have understanding to check which one has more weight before God. Nobody is saying they should not respect their pastors.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Boomark(m): 1:54pm On Apr 16, 2023
Bribri:
You see this topic made me had a rethink for the no 1 on my list. An apostlic church bred suddenly turn cele and was hell bent on no withdrawal. Baba gently begin take steps backward. I don't want confused kids with different notion in faith. Thanks for bringing this up.

Nice. You can as well show her this topic so start doing things with understanding of the word of God and not look up to any man.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by Boomark(m): 1:59pm On Apr 16, 2023
EquitableTech:
The man is to blame if the wife worship at a different church.
The day my wife tries that, she gets divorce letter the following day...there'll be no time to negotiate. Period

Remember number 1. God hates divorce. This applies to both man and woman. Thank God we have this topic. You can show it to her and ask her to tell you reasons why she should continue standing against the will of God.
Re: Disobedience To Husband And Issue Of Attending Different Churches by adekolly2003: 2:03pm On Apr 16, 2023
paxonel:
But why is it that, when a Muslim woman who is married to a Christian man decides to go to mosque the husband will not see it as issue. But when a Christian woman tells her husband i don't want to go to your church, it becomes a problem?

Why are churches competing among themselves for nothing?
pls don't get it wrong as a woman when you marry a man different from your Religion automatically you have to change your religion, except the man agreed for you to practice your religion, though am saying this from Africa perspective

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Faith Verses Near Death Experiences - I'm Losing It. / How To Fly To China As A Witch? / I Am Tired Of Going To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.