Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,653 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar (2937 Views)

How My Brother Dumped His Girlfriend / She Bagged A Degree & Became A Fiancée At The Same Time, Sparks Argument (pix) / Man Who Dumped His Ex To Marry Another, Begs Her, But See Her Reply (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Enemyofpeace: 9:40am On Apr 16, 2023
Meet 'Comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar And Went To Party After She Refused To Sign Prenuptial Agreement 'In Case Of Divorce'

Retired NBA star Stephen Jackson didn't go ahead with his marriage to his fiancée, Imani Showalter, after she refused to sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

A prenuptial agreement, often abbreviated as "prenup," is a legal document that two people sign before getting married. Its purpose is to specify the division of assets and debts in the event of a divorce or separation. It can also address other issues such as spousal support and the rights of each partner during the marriage. The terms of a prenuptial agreement are agreed upon by both parties and can provide clarity and security for both individuals in the event of a potential divorce.

Sharing his story sometime ago, Jackson said that while he was in love with Showalter and was looking forward to marrying her, he was never going to walk down the aisle without the contract.

The basketball player revealed that the two had previously agreed that they would have a prenup and even understood what the terms of the contract are. However, when they received the document, she mischievously delayed signing it.

“We get the prenup back at least 3-4 months before the wedding. This is all true y’all. I give it to her. When I give it to her, she shouldn’t be surprised by it because me and her sat down and agreed upon the prenup,” Jackson says.

“A month passed, two months before the wedding, I’m like we need to get that prenup signed, so when we get down there to Houston, we ain’t gotta worry about it. I tell her that like two or three times.”

Later Jackson says that Showalter had another issue. She was adamant about a particular pastor to officiate the ceremony. He explained later that when he told the clergy that he would not marry her if she didn’t sign the agreement, the pastor tried to manipulate him by telling him ‘let God handle it.”

Jackson said that the pastor made it clear that he didn’t believe in prenuptial agreements.

“God is telling me to put the pen in her hand and make her sign this godd*mn prenup,” Jackson said,” That’s what God tellin’ me. So God tellin’ you and me two different things.”

Jackson and Showalter eventually never married. Instead, Jackson who dumped her at the altar says his friend, Stephon Marbury, DJ’ed an impromptu party where the first song he played was Kanye West’s “Gold Digger.”

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by dawnomike(m): 9:47am On Apr 16, 2023
E get as e be ooo... She might just be watching out for herself for after the marriage noni

2 Likes

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Orfankwagh(m): 9:49am On Apr 16, 2023
Niggas are suffering at the waste,just imagine someone that was given everything(b**b,p***sy and a*s) to fend for herself searching for the other sex to scam.

6 Likes

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by worldclass68(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2023
Everything nah business grin
I'm glad dude didn't let that pastor manipulate him cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Dizzyyish: 10:32am On Apr 16, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
Meet 'Comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar And Went To Party After She Refused To Sign Prenuptial Agreement 'In Case Of Divorce'

Retired NBA star Stephen Jackson didn't go ahead with his marriage to his fiancée, Imani Showalter, after she refused to sign a pre-nuptial agreement.

Sharing his story sometime ago, Jackson said that while he was in love with Showalter and was looking forward to marrying her, he was never going to walk down the aisle without the contract.

The basketball player revealed that the two had previously agreed that they would have a prenup and even understood what the terms of the contract are. However, when they received the document, she mischievously delayed signing it.

“We get the prenup back at least 3-4 months before the wedding. This is all true y’all. I give it to her. When I give it to her, she shouldn’t be surprised by it because me and her sat down and agreed upon the prenup,” Jackson says.

“A month passed, two months before the wedding, I’m like we need to get that prenup signed, so when we get down there to Houston, we ain’t gotta worry about it. I tell her that like two or three times.”

Later Jackson says that Showalter had another issue. She was adamant about a particular pastor to officiate the ceremony. He explained later that when he told the clergy that he would not marry her if she didn’t sign the agreement, the pastor tried to manipulate him by telling him ‘let God handle it.”

Jackson said that the pastor made it clear that he didn’t believe in prenuptial agreements.

“God is telling me to put the pen in her hand and make her sign this godd*mn prenup,” Jackson said,” That’s what God tellin’ me. So God tellin’ you and me two different things.”

Jackson and Showalter eventually never married. Instead, Jackson who dumped her at the altar says his friend, Stephon Marbury, DJ’ed an impromptu party where the first song he played was Kanye West’s “Gold Digger.”

Religion being used by women as a potent tool of manipulation since its inception.

Notice how 'cute' the woman looks in the picture? Big eyes and smaller facial features akin to those of an infant to signify cuteness (neoteny) compared to the man's small eyes and bigger facial features..

"Nature uses cuteness (in babies and females) as a protective mechanism so they will be tolerated instead of receiving retribution for the difficulty they come with. Ergo, the more cute something is the greater the chance that it'll be a pain in the arse."

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by judatech: 10:57am On Apr 16, 2023
Dizzyyish:

Religion being used by women as a potent tool of manipulation since its inception.

Notice how 'cute' the woman looks in the picture? Big eyes and smaller facial features akin to those of an infant to signify cuteness (neoteny) compared to the man's small eyes and bigger facial features..

"Nature uses cuteness (in babies and females) as a protective mechanism so they will be tolerated instead of receiving retribution for the difficulty they come with. Ergo, the more cute something is the greater the chance that it'll be a pain in the arse."
✍️📌

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Xxxxtentacion2: 11:20am On Apr 16, 2023
dawnomike:
E get as e be ooo... She might just be watching out for herself for after the marriage noni
make she go hustle and make her own money ....
Na by force to chop man money...
Men like you wey dey support all these rubbish na im dey amaze me...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Fahvvy: 11:26am On Apr 16, 2023
Any man who is intending to get married and doesn't put structures in place to protect himself just in case things goes south is a big fo.ol undecided...

Her refusal to sign a prenup is proof that she most likely has plans to ruin your life, forget all that talk of "it means you don't trust her" and bla bla bla, it's just BS said to manipulate you into doing her will undecided...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Solsix(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2023
Men are really suffering in the west
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Dizzyyish: 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2023
Solsix:
Men are really suffering in the west
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Lalami3232(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2023
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Smart dude
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by McStoic(m): 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2023
Here he said God spoke to him too to tell her to sign the stuff got me laughing..😄

1 Like

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Bluezy13(m): 5:30pm On Apr 16, 2023
Comrade Stephen Jackson
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by CrownOfClay724: 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2023
McStoic:
Here he said God spoke to him too to tell her to sign the stuff got me laughing..😄

Abi nah 😂
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Ilekokonit: 8:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

The guy is right because God is not the author of confusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Ilekokonit: 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2023
Dizzyyish:

"Nature uses cuteness (in babies and females) as a protective mechanism so they will be tolerated instead of receiving retribution for the difficulty they come with. Ergo, the more cute something is the greater the chance that it'll be a pain in the arse. "

Another gem.
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Dizzyyish: 12:28am On Apr 17, 2023
McStoic:
The lord works in mysterious ways
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Dizzyyish: 10:34am On Apr 17, 2023
Re: Meet 'comrade' Stephen Jackson, The NBA Star Who Dumped His Fiancée At The Altar by Livelystone01: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
Ilekokonit:

The guy is right because God is not the author of confusion.
Lol, this is so funny.
The guy is a legend...

(1) (Reply)

Why Is It Hard To Find A Decent Girl These Day / Betking don show me shege banza / The New Face Of A Typical Nigerian Women!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.