Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39653 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 10:43am On Apr 22, 2023
FIZZBEE:
currently practicing lonely life here in 9na, so that by the time I enter canada, e go don master body.

Lol. Nice one brother.

Lonely Life = Peaceful Life
No! Lonely life is not equivalent to peaceful life but a frustrated and depressed life. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2023
GetMeRight:

I get your point. But the only thing that is permanent in life is change.
I tried too, to japa once. That was in 2013 and my wife won the USA visa lottery but couldn't raise the money that was going to be needed. But today, I'm not sure if I would have been better or worse if I was able to leave at the time. I can't remember the last time I actually worked for money! It is that easy and comfortable for me today.
👍 you see the honesty in your submission. Today you can visit or move to same America if you wish. But there are many people on this Nairaland and real life whose old posts have shown they failed in their japa quest and suddenly become anti japa. Hypocrisy

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2023
ednut1:
the arabs leaders can afford it more. Do they go there Abeg comot here. They go there because they know the standard here are not world class

I'm not sure you actually know what you are saying. There are many world class private hospitals in Nigeria being run by foreigners. You are not informed at all.
Akpabio ran abroad just to check a scratch on his leg when he ran red light in Abuja traffic some years back. No fractures, no nothing! Did he actually need a world class hospital for a scratch? Tell me.
You can also check up the following hospitals on the internet: Lagoon hospital, Primus hospital and Eko hospital.
And the attachment below are not just buildings, they're with equipments and experts. You just have to have money

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 11:11am On Apr 22, 2023
GetMeRight:

I'm not sure you actually know what you are saying. There are many world class private hospitals in Nigeria being run by foreigners. You are not informed at all.
Akpabio ran abroad just to check a scratch on his leg when he ran red light in Abuja traffic some years back. No fractures, no nothing! Did he actually need a world class hospital for a scratch? Tell me.
You can also check up the following hospitals on the internet: Lagoon hospital, Primus hospital and Eko hospital.
And the attachment below are not just buildings, they're with equipments and experts. You just have to have money
you just want to argue for argument sake. My hospital while i was in Nigeria was at Oniru. These nairaland arguments are talking from the common man angle. In a country where 100m people are in poverty. Can they access all these If you have medical emergency is there any guarantee ambulances will come or traffic will allow them get to the hospital on time Abeg go and rest. I am not responding to you again.

10 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2023
GetMeRight:

Why are the politicians not using them? No dey count another man investment abegi.

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by NwaliE01: 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

Bros, I used to say I love Nigeria so much until I travelled abroad. If you mistakenly leave the shores of Nigeria and land in a good country, your prayer point will be less by 70% and most of your dreams and aspirations would become a reality.
Am not talking about going to UK. I mean going abroad.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by klawaaa: 1:49am On Apr 23, 2023
I am happy I never passed it because it was not his purpose for me. I got another offer to go somewhere warmer. Do I still want Canada? Definitely No! Don't do follow follow for this life, chase you own dreams and you would be happy you did!
Gerrard59:

Na because IELTS no favour you dey talk this one.

grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 11:23am On Apr 23, 2023
klawaaa:
I am happy I never passed it because it was not his purpose for me. I got another offer to go somewhere warmer. Do I still want Canada? Definitely No! Don't do follow follow for this life, chase you own dreams and you would be happy you did!
grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2023
Gerrard59:

Na because IELTS no favour you dey talk this one.

grin grin grin
Good evening sir,
Please can I send a PM?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:54am On Apr 25, 2023
CuriousStudent:

Good evening sir,
Please can I send a PM?

OK.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Maria96: 12:20pm On Apr 25, 2023
klawaaa:
can you tell us where? And do you have papers there? 🤡

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Gerrard59:

OK.
thank you very much.
I have sent a Dm

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Hybkay(m): 10:46am On Apr 27, 2023
aestake:

The problem in Nigeria is there might be no quality very soon. Canada is stupid for having them as uber drivers and warehouse managers.
wait oo, you mean some naija trained doctors are living as uber drivers in Canada?
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Hybkay(m): 10:52am On Apr 27, 2023
NwaliE01:

Bros, I used to say I love Nigeria so much until I travelled abroad. If you mistakenly leave the shores of Nigeria and land in a good country, your prayer point will be less by 70% and most of your dreams and aspirations would become a reality.
omoh, una don ridicule UK so much o

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hybkay:
wait oo, you mean some naija trained doctors are living as uber drivers in Canada?

Yep! Not only Nigerians, if you can't requalify here, you can't practice jack.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Hybkay(m): 3:05pm On Apr 27, 2023
aestake:

Yep! Not only Nigerians, if you can't requalify here, you can't practice jack.
Nigerians are smart..it shouldn't be hard to requalify over there or do you have any idea of factors that could contribute to the difficulty in obtaining license as a doc in Canada
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2023
Hybkay:
Nigerians are smart..it shouldn't be hard to requalify over there or do you have any idea of factors that could contribute to the difficulty in obtaining license as a doc in Canada
Time to get licensed and cash. Just do the research because I have limited knowledge about this issue.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Hybkay(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2023
aestake:

Time to get licensed and cash. Just do the research because I have limited knowledge about this issue.
alright, thanks
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 1:58am On Apr 28, 2023
Hybkay:
alright, thanks
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-turning-away-home-grown-doctors-1.6743486#:~:text=While%20estimates%20vary%2C%20there%20may%20be%20as%20many,Critics%20of%20the%20system%20say%20discrimination%20is%20pervasive.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Hybkay(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2023
aestake:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-turning-away-home-grown-doctors-1.6743486#:~:text=While%20estimates%20vary%2C%20there%20may%20be%20as%20many,Critics%20of%20the%20system%20say%20discrimination%20is%20pervasive.
very insightful.. Their system is even rugged to Canadian medical graduates who trained outside of Canada. I'm positive it will get better soon though
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2023
ednut1:
why are you so vested in anti japa topics You dont want to travel so why the obsession Japa is a personal choice. No one that wants to travel can be discouraged. Afterall i am impacting people’s lives with immigration information and help. What is your impact here 🤣🤣🤣
sir, leave the werey!!

Many if Dem have traveled out before but are always anti japa.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 10:43am On Apr 28, 2023
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria? Usually in the US, you see taxes you pay on everything you buy. Even if you buy a $1 tomato at Walmart, you'll see the tax added to your receipt.
.if you earn $CAD50k in Canada, $CAD18K will probably go to taxes. Is this how it is in Naija?

I believe that if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better.

With the exception of those working federal, State, local government and some private organization, who are the ones paying taxes in Nigeria? Nigerians don't even pay for electricity. Lol
kindly go back and collect your certificate because I doubt if you truly went to school.

come to my state and see what my governor is doing with tax and nothing to show for it

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 10:45am On Apr 28, 2023
klawaaa:
Just leave him, let him dey everywhere on nairaland as the only GOD of japa. Everywhere has pros and cons. If they have it all in the glorify abroad they won't be looking for immigrants to come to their country as skilled workers. To get a full-stack doctor to be seen in the glorified abroad it's a difficult task, na so so physician assistant fully everywhere. Just don't pray to be a low-income earning in abroad, one would suffer for it. If someone like Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has follow follow go the abraod, he would be in the abroad working his ass out to meet up with a mortgage of 3-bedroom apartment for 25 years... Everyone path is differrnent!
what if papa amimu for my backyard when dey stay one room since 2007. You be kid I swear .
See useleessz analogy.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:
I have the resources to travel to any country of my choice whenever I want but I keep asking myself what am I going there to do now am 32?
When will I start up my own family?
Send my children one of the best schools in the city or town I am living because I know Nigerians abroad don’t send their kids to best school just normal community school over there . Each time I think of that menh traveling will just weak me. I put visa 2016 after paying 150k to the agent I gave up my friend we did the same is in Turkey now no ne difference sha.
na procrastination go Finnish you last last.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 28, 2023
TNORWAY:
kindly go back and collect your certificate because I doubt if you truly went to school.

come to my state and see what my governor is doing with tax and nothing to show for it

In all my years in Nigeria, I've never seen anyone paying taxes. In US, if you earn $10000/annum, taxes probably take about $4700.

But Nigeria seems to give everything free to her citizens which should not be so
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 28, 2023
TNORWAY:
sir, leave the werey!!

Many if Dem have traveled out before but are always anti japa.

Oloribu ni o For calling me werey. Where did I tell you not to Japa)do you even have passport? Check your account, do you even have up to #40k?

Werey. Oo sofo ni
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2023
Tadadobe:

Oloribu ni o For calling me werey. Where did I tell you not to Japa)do you even have passport? Check your account, do you even have up to #40k?

Werey. Oo sofo ni
rest
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 1:47pm On Apr 28, 2023
Tadadobe:

In all my years in Nigeria, I've never seen anyone paying taxes. In US, if you earn $10000/annum, taxes probably take about $4700.

But Nigeria seems to give everything free to her citizens which should not be so
and if you relocate tomorrow morning thunderr fire your papaa
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2023
TNORWAY:
and if you relocate tomorrow morning thunderr fire your papaa

Amen
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by klawaaa: 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2023
Oga go get your visa and do what makes you happy.
TNORWAY:
what if papa amimu for my backyard when dey stay one room since 2007. You be kid I swear .
See useleessz analogy.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2023
NwaliE01:

So UK no be abroad grin grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by TNORWAY: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2023
klawaaa:
Oga go get your visa and do what makes you happy.
rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.