Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39652 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by somehow: 9:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
Alot can't think for themselves

Because others are moving, they automatically become obsessed with moving too.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

How much tax do you pay ... How much ?
go ask the tax authorities 😃

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 9:39pm On Apr 20, 2023

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by FIZZBEE: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dijita:

Most Nigerians don't pay taxes officially, but they pay it informally. Every time you want to do something you pay bribe. You put money in your account the band every imaginable fees under the heavens. To get money from the banking hall even before the new naira palaver, you spends at least 30 minutes to 1hr or you have to bribe someone. The road is so bad you, tires meant for five years does not last beyond one years. You pay electricity bill for light that is not regular that you will have to supplement with generator, cost of gas and maintenance is a tax.

I always say japa is not for everyone, if you are in business and the business is prospering on its own merit , you don't have to Japa, but if you are a salary earner with a monthly salary under 2 million naira and you are under 50, if you are saying you don't have to japa when you have the opportunity, you are deceiving yourself. Most people in such category eventually regret not using the opportunity when they have it.
should e-hailing drivers in Lagos for instance stay or japa? Qaht your advice on that?
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
GetMeRight:

Nigeria is more than a merit based society. Nigerians are hardworking, what is limiting many Nigerians is the limited opportunities that they have. In Nigeria, everyone provides everything for themselves and you know that.
Merit what?
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
bros no be you be this in 2019 🤣🤣
Bwhahahahahahahahaha...edbut1 FBI grin Those scores are for Pakistan migration.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
aestake:

Bwhahahahahahahahaha...edbut1 FBI grin Those scores are for Pakistan migration.
i remember the username. Ielts self show me pepper but i never gave up. If i gave up then i would have owned it and not suddenly become anti japa lol

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Localordinary: 9:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
You call yourself Mr broke. Here you are deceiving yourself. Nigeria is sweet yes!!. Alot of people are earning well and chose to remain in Nigeria, that's their choice. My only prayer for you is that may your children never swear for you for letting them to remain in a failed system. I sorry for you

MrBroke:

What you are capping. You think they ain't people who have the means and have actually been outside but choose to stay here in NIG. When you have money everywhere is heaven except when insecurity comes on board of which can make anyone flee from any country to another. A thing is only special when you lack it. No dey decieve yourself. Nigeria is sweet just get the bag, even we broke grin people are having fun grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by patorial(m): 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
studyless123:

Chairman, I used to see you in programming section that year. But it's like you just on travel matters. grin

Do you know who can teach me Javascript on a one to one?

I'm a JavaScript programmer.
Where do you residents?
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 10:04pm On Apr 20, 2023
Localordinary:
You call yourself Mr broke. Here you are deceiving yourself. Nigeria is sweet yes!!. Alot of people are earning well and chose to remain in Nigeria, that's their choice. My only prayer for you is that may your children never swear for you for letting them to remain in a failed system. I sorry for you

You think like a baby you know grin
Do you know how many countries are worst than NIG. You are very unwise my friend. What's the difference between a rich man in Nigeria with a legacy for his children and a bum in the United States with no shelter or food for his children. Have you in your entire years of existence of which i know are very few cause of how you think seen an empty country where hundreds of millions of people for no reason run to another country without a war or natural disaster. Try get sense, every country is is bad in one way or the other, you talk like in the US people don't die or there is no suffering there. Go and give birth to your children there and see if millions of Nigerians still wouldn't be richer, healthier and even live happily than them. How can you even generalize going abroad and conclude that it is failed, you nko you no be failed. If dem check well na ona no get anything to contribute to society, always looking for free things. I ain't replying you no more but just know if NIG is failed then you are also part of the failure. Country no good we know but no dey talk like small pikin abeg.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Spiff20(m): 10:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
Kenn55:

Wao! I'm seeing envy in your post. The question should be directed to you. This is travel section. It is mainly for those who reside abroad to share their tips and experience and those in Nigeria who intend to travel to get some valuable information.

People in Nigeria who don't like abroad or don't have any intention to travel shouldn't be on this travel section. When I was in that category, I didn't come into Travel section, it was a waste of time to me,I only started checking the travel section when I became interested to travel.

So why are millionaires like you who are comfortable in Nigeria and are not interested in traveling abroad doing in the travel section? Why should you guys bother about people packing shit abroad and be arguing about life abroad like it is your business?
Please answer
You and who is in travel section? Something I saw on front page and read. And there's a difference between japa and traveling for vacation. So we millionaires like you said read travel gists on front page to know vacation destinations.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by rickleye: 10:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

Then stay ! Good for you.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 10:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

If you are not an useless person you will prove me wrong

You decided to go the way of insult and couldn't string your sentence correctly. That said, there is no need to prove you wrong over because you don't have an idea of what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 11:01pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
bros no be you be this in 2019 🤣🤣

Reason why most times, it is easy to conclude that many people (I mean those in Nigeria) against those who seek greener pastures abroad do it from a place of envy.

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2023
Dijita:

What percentage of his income go to fueling an maintaining his generator? What percentage went into car maintenance? what percentage went into children k-12 school fees? The taxes here take care of roads and infrastructures that Nigerians that don't pay taxes pays in other ways.

I am trying to understand your position/why you quoted me. You can read from my post that I was replying to the other party that those in Nigeria and the person abroad he was referring to pay the same rate in taxes.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Coly2012(m): 11:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

my dear,I had the same opinion with you when I was single and doing very well, until family came in and the pressure increased and it done on me that excaping in the next option, now am looking for ways to Jakpa with my family,but were the money dey again?

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 11:11pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
i remember the username. Ielts self show me pepper but i never gave up. If i gave up then i would have owned it and not suddenly become anti japa lol
I lost counts during my time. When you see these politicians' children here in classes or elsewhere (for the ones whose folks aren't stealing enough now), you give yourself a pat at the back. Even being in the IELTS exam venues and halls, gave strength as the rich folks would be dropping their children off, I felt like a fish out of water. I still soldiered on!

Rich folks in Nigeria are looking for a way to get the extra citizenship for themselves and their wives. Most of their children have it (most first-borns missed out by birth) but will catch up from study route etc. So a struggling guy shouldn't think they are all in it together. Rich folks and politicians are hoodwinking them every day.

Again, if money means everything to you, in spite of the risk of being kidnapped, shot at (no investigation), you doing your own road, digging water, building a house, putting power on and protecting yourself...that is the trade-off.

Most importantly, Nigeria has to work! Japa is not the answer in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by God2man2again(m): 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
Life is not always a straight line journey.

Abroad, japa, travel out.

Does it mean that the condition in those countries will remain permanent forever?

Don't put your egg in one basket.

Try to have a sustainable skills before traveling out so that when things get bad in those countries you can comfortably return home with joy and start all over again rather staying there permanently with no hope of returning home.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by DrDunamis(m): 11:41pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Funny enough I was talking about this same thing with a colleague earlier today.
Where are they rushing to?
No place like your own country.
And I've lived in Benin, been to Togo and Ghana too. But I love Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 12:20am On Apr 21, 2023
Mercury12:

Nah Naija food you no wan leave😂

😂😂😂😂 food is part of it… I don’t think any other country’s food tastes better than naija food…

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 12:24am On Apr 21, 2023
oneMalik:
....and you shall be prosper here Insha Allah

Amin Allah!
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Lamanii22(f): 12:27am On Apr 21, 2023
Killermamba:

Good one, but wait until Nigeria happens to you

Bad things happen everywhere my dear…. As a Christian you pray against every bad and evil things…
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Rdfactor(m): 12:33am On Apr 21, 2023
linearity:

Most states and Counties in the USA, like 60% do not tax food items, especially when you buy them in superstores like Walmart, ShopRite, etc…., so your tomatoes reference is mostly incorrect relative to the USA.

But in Nigeria, walk into ShopRite and buy that same tomatoes, your taxes is backed in, walk into the market and buy that same tomatoes, the woman selling it pay daily, weekly and monthly levies, fees and assessments and they pass those on to you by backing it into the price of the tomatoes.

WOW . I never know there are ShopRite in US 😔. I've stayed in the Midwest for so long. I don't think there is One in any Midwestern State.

I want ask;does ShopRite in the US sell the same thing like the one in Nigeria? You know; ShopRite bread, Chicken, and all those Nigerian food . Or they're existing to only serve the American taste

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 21, 2023
Localordinary:

All these just cus person say heno wan Japa? Is it a must everyone validate y'all choices ? You want people to be obsessed so bad about craves to Japa so you can see yourself as achieving? The urge to see that people are trying hard to get to where you already are or people are obsessed about it.

FYI, there are poor people in the US. A swipe through Biden tweets will tell you all you need to know. But most of you are only obsessed with seeing nigeria failed. Every bad news about Nigeria, you share it. But the good news about Nigeria make you sad.

What's the point for someone to Japa only to not have roof over his house, only to not even make chose to what he was making before. I know your belief is that once they Japa, all their problems is solved. But the truth is these people will never let you know what they're going through cuz everyone's afraid of being judged

If you believe you can never be successful in Nigeria, so be it. And of course do what's right for you And japa. But stop ridiculing people all becus they don't want to Japa. Are you that Smart to think you're in the right frame to decide what they should do with their life?

The level of inferiority complex with Nigerians is so appalling

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 21, 2023
Lamanii22:

Bad things happen everywhere my dear…. As a Christian you pray against every bad and evil things…

All these just cus person say heno wan Japa? Is it a must everyone validate y'all choices ? You want people to be obsessed so bad about craves to Japa so you can see yourself as achieving? The urge to see that people are trying hard to get to where you already are or people are obsessed about it.

FYI, there are poor people in the US. A swipe through Biden tweets will tell you all you need to know. But most of you are only obsessed with seeing nigeria failed. Every bad news about Nigeria, you share it. But the good news about Nigeria make you sad.

What's the point for someone to Japa only to not have roof over his house, only to not even make chose to what he was making before. I know your belief is that once they Japa, all their problems is solved. But the truth is these people will never let you know what they're going through cuz everyone's afraid of being judged

If you believe you can never be successful in Nigeria, so be it. And of course do what's right for you And japa. But stop ridiculing people all becus they don't want to Japa. Are you that Smart to think you're in the right frame to decide what they should do with their life?

The level of inferiority complex with Nigerians is so appalling

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by wildikeman(m): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2023
ednut1:
So what should we now do Beg you to change your mind

Help me ask am ooooo. She wants an award i guess
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Blazadenise(m): 12:49am On Apr 21, 2023
Pray hard Nigeria doesn't happen to you sha..else japa would be your only option my brother , you need to craze gaani to survive here as a common man

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 2:08am On Apr 21, 2023
GboyegaD:

You decided to go the way of insult and couldn't string your sentence correctly. That said, there is no need to prove you wrong over because you don't have an idea of what you are saying.
Who bleeping care about the sentence calling someone ignorant is not an insult even when you can’t prove him or her wrong profess
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by SUXXI(m): 2:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Lamanii22:

Same with me

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 4:14am On Apr 21, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

Who bleeping care about the sentence calling someone ignorant is not an insult even when you can’t prove him or her wrong profess

It is not my position to educate you. There's so much information out there for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.