Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39591 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2023
Treadway:
this erroneous notion has to stop. People are taxed on a daily in Nigeria. Don't be shocked say cumulatively those petty traders dey pay more 'tax' than you do in a month. You wey dey naija supos know this ke, na abroadarian come dey analyse am for you bro. O wrong naw..lol
i was an auditor in Nigeria lol. Keke men at Ajah pay 3k as at November last when i came to 9ja. He will still pay owner of the keke. Take home for him after fuel 2k to 3k. But ignorant people will say no taxes in Nigeria hahaha

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by samtol4(m): 9:08pm On Apr 16, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.
My brother traveling abroad is not all about earning money but creating a solid foundation/ opportunities for your children & getting a second passport

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by benzion72(m): 9:24pm On Apr 16, 2023
If all European and American have ran away from thier challenges instead of facing it and solving their problem where will African be running to.
Most of the challenges we have now they have had them and overcome them. Is it bad leadership they have thier share from monarch to democracy. Is it poverty it is their language they still have it a lot.
If you read a lot and you read economic, history and philosophy and probably sociology you won't see much difference in Nations. Read Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson you won't fancy traveling

10 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by benzion72(m): 9:29pm On Apr 16, 2023
The other day I saw somebody advertising immigration to Canada with a lot of snow I laugh only an ignorant person will leave all year round summer of Nigeria to go and be living in a subzero temperature

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by klawaaa: 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2023
Just leave him, let him dey everywhere on nairaland as the only GOD of japa. Everywhere has pros and cons. If they have it all in the glorify abroad they won't be looking for immigrants to come to their country as skilled workers. To get a full-stack doctor to be seen in the glorified abroad it's a difficult task, na so so physician assistant fully everywhere. Just don't pray to be a low-income earning in abroad, one would suffer for it. If someone like Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has follow follow go the abraod, he would be in the abroad working his ass out to meet up with a mortgage of 3-bedroom apartment for 25 years... Everyone path is differrnent!
LeoDeKing:

Ogbeni, na my own I talk.

I can't remember advising you to remain in Nigeria.

Mbok, abeg go to where you are comfortable, nobody is holding anybody down.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Childofthelord(f): 10:21pm On Apr 16, 2023
Nice, would you like a cookie?
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by oluayebenz: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2023
benzion72:
If all European and American have ran away from thier challenges instead of facing it and solving their problem where will African be running to.
Most of the challenges we have now they have had them and overcome them. Is it bad leadership they have thier share from monarch to democracy. Is it poverty it is their language they still have it a lot.
If you read a lot and you read economic, history and philosophy and probably sociology you won't see much difference in Nations. Read Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson you won't fancy traveling

Hmmm
Nothing but the truth....

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 11:40pm On Apr 16, 2023
benzion72:
the Europeans also left their own continent and went to Americans, Australia, Africa, south east asia, india and the likes. Why did not stay in their continent They went on to steal resources, technology, humans( slaves ) etc to build their own civilization. The winter you are talking about self is not all year round. December to February is the winter period in places like Ontario. I went to the beach today. We have poor leadership. And the leaders and elite are hell bent to maintaining the status quo. Are you ready to partake in a revolution

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:27am On Apr 17, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.

People who suck Tinubu's preek cannot survive outside Nigeria. There is no free meal out here because you hailed one politician. You lots cannot survive in a merit based society.

15 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:30am On Apr 17, 2023
klawaaa:
Just leave him, let him dey everywhere on nairaland as the only GOD of japa. Everywhere has pros and cons. If they have it all in the glorify abroad they won't be looking for immigrants to come to their country as skilled workers. To get a full-stack doctor to be seen in the glorified abroad it's a difficult task, na so so physician assistant fully everywhere. Just don't pray to be a low-income earning in abroad, one would suffer for it. If someone like Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has follow follow go the abraod, he would be in the abroad working his ass out to meet up with a mortgage of 3-bedroom apartment for 25 years... Everyone path is differrnent!

Femi Gbaja, Tinubu and his associates ALL worked or studied abroad. There is no difference. Fine, not everyone will japa. It is not even mathematically possible. However, the lie that Nigerian elites did not japa at a point or worked abroad is entirely false.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 2:37am On Apr 17, 2023
benzion72:

You mean the Irish who fled famine in Ireland to America? Italians who ran to Uruguay and Argentina? Japanese who ran to Brazil and Peru? White, especially the British and Dutch who went around the world from Australia, Canada, Singapore, Indonesia, India, South Africa etc? As I write, wealthy Chinese are leaving China in droves. South Koreans are moving to Canada, ditto young Japanese to work elsewhere.

Migration is as old as human history. It was recorded in the Bible. Why didn't the Israelites stay put in their land? Huh? Your grandparents and parents, are they where their forebearers were? Why dem no remain solve the problem in their homelands? Anyone who wants to stay in Nigeria should stay. Those who want to leave should do so. Finito!

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/02/ircc-unveils-the-top-10-source-countries-of-new-immigrants-to-canada-in-2022-0233180.html#gs.viw4y9

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 5:10am On Apr 17, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

I mean once you experience this kind of environment, you'd change tune quickly wink

8 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by benzion72(m): 6:39pm On Apr 17, 2023
Gerrard59:

You mean the Irish who fled famine in Ireland to America? Italians who ran to Uruguay and Argentina? Japanese who ran to Brazil and Peru? White, especially the British and Dutch who went around the world from Australia, Canada, Singapore, Indonesia, India, South Africa etc? As I write, wealthy Chinese are leaving China in droves. South Koreans are moving to Canada, ditto young Japanese to work elsewhere.

Migration is as old as human history. It was recorded in the Bible. Why didn't the Israelites stay put in their land? Huh? Your grandparents and parents, are they where their forebearers were? Why dem no remain solve the problem in their homelands? Anyone who wants to stay in Nigeria should stay. Those who want to leave should do so. Finito!

https://www.cicnews.com/2023/02/ircc-unveils-the-top-10-source-countries-of-new-immigrants-to-canada-in-2022-0233180.html#gs.viw4y9

Nice write up, Let me take only the Chinese when the migrate do they go to become serf in Europe. S Chinese man we go and start a company in Africa or raise a construction firm. And when a Chinese man travel to America or Europe you can bet on his return to China to utilize what he studied to develop China can you say the same of Africans.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Ertugrul: 6:47pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nice thread ,to each his own, as long as u have money and comfortable with your family, the most important thing in life is peace of mind..

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by NaijaSumigan: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2023
ednut1:
personal income tax for workers in Nigeria is about 20 to 25%. People selling in the market or shops pay daily levy, monthly or annual levy to local govt. agbero fees is also tax. Factored into the cost of the tfare. You bring food from north with truck you pay various levies and taxes on the road. The woman hawking pure water , keke driver, etc pay taxes daily. The guy selling meat, electrician, welder etc pay members levy. If dem born you well no pay if you wont chop beating.

You are into business some contracts require your tax clearance, many also do withholding tax on contract amount. If you buy food in mr Biggs you will see VAT on the receipt. The difference is taxes are collected informally here. MR Tinubu and his alpha beta will regularize them just wait and see.

With all the taxes what is the common man benefiting Mc oluomo for example is using agbero fees to train his kids abroad and also sleep with Hollywood actresses. The last time i was in Nigeria the car i drove got damage and battered as road no good even in front of a LGA secretariat road was bad.

Alot of people are not paying taxes abroad too. They incorporate a company and charge expenses to it and pay little or no tax.

I dey enjoy your input

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Lobotomy02: 2:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Ok and what do you want us to do about it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Killermamba: 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Good one, but wait until Nigeria happens to you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by lawrenzooo: 2:15pm On Apr 20, 2023
Finestgurlie:
come and marry me
The money he has is in his mother's name oooh.

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Nothing wrong with that. if it is working for you, why would you want to leave? I bet you if it was working for me, I would not have left

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by lolu2019: 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

same here.i love naija.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Edgarbooks: 2:17pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Don't conclude yet. Just answer this question honestly. Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before? If yes, how long did you stay outside? Which countries have you visited?

If you have not travelled outside Nigeria, you are like a child who refuse to go to school because he enjoys playing with sand at home. He will say education is useless. Go to school first before you decide if education is useless or not

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Pedyson: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
Just say you have no means, not even in future

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Mystery9(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
I don't fancy going to live in another country. I just want to visit.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by sonature1: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2023
The only person who should have this senseless thought is someone who is well-establsihed in this country. If not, every young person should be looking for legit ways of leaving this country.

When you have made money, you come back, join politics and be the change you seek. Nigeria is a country where evil, sit-tight politicians don't care about others, especially young people.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by appini: 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
So what should we now do Beg you to change your mind
grin
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
The idiot mods that put this on Front page want this Lady dragged knowing fully well how Nigerians feel about abroad and how nigerians worship being in the abroad 😆

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gozac: 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
Nigeria is a very lively country to stay, it's just the citizens are doing many things government is supposed to be doing and then the issue of security lapses.
Even Nigeria is fixed, people won't be scrambling to leave the country.
If you stay in GCC countries like UAE, Bahrain, Qatar etc will appreciate Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by appini: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
When pounded yam nor reach small pikin hand

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by MrJames007: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
Why is this on front page? 🤔
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gozac: 2:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
Nigeria is a very lively country to stay, it's just the citizens are doing many things government is supposed to be doing and then the issue of security lapses.
If Nigeria is fixed, people won't be scrambling to leave the country.
If you stay in GCC countries like UAE, Bahrain, Qatar etc will appreciate Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

I Drove Around Lagos On Christmas Day (pics, Video) / Easter: Deeper Life Pastor Cut Into Two In Accident In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / Lagosians Stranded At Bus Stops. What's The Situation In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.