Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39644 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 5:25am On Apr 21, 2023
ednut1:
go ask the tax authorities 😃
You sef know say na peanuts
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by FantasyWolf(m): 6:45am On Apr 21, 2023
Shift make people go front joor
We de japa no mean sey we hate naija.
But the grass is greener elsewhere

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by linearity: 6:47am On Apr 21, 2023
Rdfactor:

WOW . I never know there are ShopRite in US 😔. I've stayed in the Midwest for so long. I don't think there is One in any Midwestern State.

I want ask;does ShopRite in the US sell the same thing like the one in Nigeria? You know; ShopRite bread, Chicken, and all those Nigerian food . Or they're existing to only serve the American taste

ShopRite in the US are a dying bred with fierce competition from Wholefood store, stop n shop, etc. They are mostly found in the North East and are not affiliated with the ShopRite in Nigeria.

They are mainly a good and grocery store and sell similar things….see Getty image of a typical ShopRite store in the USA..

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/shoprite-grocery-store

Yes, they don’t sell Nigerian food and like your words exist to serve America taste.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GentlePEACE: 6:49am On Apr 21, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

The last person that tried to discourage me from jappa is currently in UK now.... When u get money, nobody go tell u to move. I'll remind u of this post in the future

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by udemzeus(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2023
Me too sis, so much opportunity in Nigeria

Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2023
klawaaa:
Just leave him, let him dey everywhere on nairaland as the only GOD of japa. Everywhere has pros and cons. If they have it all in the glorify abroad they won't be looking for immigrants to come to their country as skilled workers. To get a full-stack doctor to be seen in the glorified abroad it's a difficult task, na so so physician assistant fully everywhere. Just don't pray to be a low-income earning in abroad, one would suffer for it. If someone like Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has follow follow go the abraod, he would be in the abroad working his ass out to meet up with a mortgage of 3-bedroom apartment for 25 years... Everyone path is differrnent!

Na because IELTS no favour you dey talk this one.

grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:47am On Apr 21, 2023
God2man2again:
Life is not always a straight line journey.

Abroad, japa, travel out.

Does it mean that the condition in those countries will remain permanent forever?

Don't put your egg in one basket.

Try to have a sustainable skills before traveling out so that when things get bad in those countries you can comfortably return home with joy and start all over again rather staying there permanently with no hope of returning home.

So, like this, you think things would get bad in the US or Canada before Nigeria? Do you know how many first generation and second generation Nigerians are in developed countries with no plan of returning?

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

As long as you are not an Ivy League graduate you will still live paycheck to paycheck unless you are lucky enough.

This is not true, please. There are some schools; by just studying mathematics, one is set for life. The fee for foreign students is a fraction of Ivy Leagues. The US' economy is too diversified and huge. Plentiful opportunities.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-12-15/school-of-quant-at-29-000-an-nyc-college-outclasses-princeton

Also, there are renowned universities with geographical regions that offer economic opportunities that are not just meant for Ivy League grads. As for debt, it is leverage. You use money to make more money.

7 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:55am On Apr 21, 2023
kunkelhanspeter:

If abroad is so glorious like poor people here in Nigeria praise it those people won’t come back to Nigeria. Why do rich people after study they come back to Nigeria

Because they are rich and have options. Unless you are rich, you can't compare yourself to them. So because someone like Tinubu or Adenuga returned, it means everyone out there should do the same? BTW, very few return unlike before. Return to what? A declining economy with one of the highest unemployment globally?

9 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Gerrard59(m): 7:57am On Apr 21, 2023
ednut1:
bros no be you be this in 2019 🤣🤣

Relocation aside, his scores are too poor even for academic purposes. What language was he taught with while growing up?

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ojex004: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2023
Finestgurlie:
come and marry me

Getat
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
You probably don't like growth
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by blazepascal(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
Lamanii22:

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.lol just gonto Canada or London you wont wantbto comae back yo naija

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by BlackAdam65: 4:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
[quote author=Lamanii22 post=122550155]I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Dijita: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
FIZZBEE:
should e-hailing drivers in Lagos for instance stay or japa? Qaht your advice on that?
Depends on age, ambition, determination and how your business is doing.
Are you saving enough to replace the car you are driving now when it breaks down?
Are you able to grow the business or diversify into what you can do at an old age?
If you travel abroad:
Are you ready to further your education if you have the opportunity to travel to western nation? master or PhD level.
If school is not your thing can you hustle hard, good eye sight to be a truck driver? - Good money, hard life
If you are a degree holder in Nigeria and don't want to do much reading you can go for OND equivalent in security, English etc. to get their degree to supplement your Nigeria degree because they will not value it on it's own merit even if it is from OAU.
You can join the military, police or correction officer - There is age limitation. All this will not make you millionaire but help you to live a comfortable life. You will not be begging anyone for house rent, hospital bill or children school fees, even if you don't have papers.
Once you have papers you are guaranty you retirement income in your old age.
Your children will have a better life than many of your mates if you give them proper training like you are trained by your parents when you were in the village. Important about children, don't over work yourself and neglect your children. Working overtime is never going to make you rich, it may help you build houses in Nigeria. If you pay attention to your children and train them they will be more valuable and give you better returns on investment than the houses you build in Nigeria. Besides once your children graduate college you can start working as much as you want and still make money.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by caandi: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
lexy2014:

So "if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better". Oh wow....that's interesting.

So you mean everything in Nigeria is free right? That's wonderful. Where did you get that information?

So nobody pays taxes in Nigeria? Really? Am just knowing this for the first time. Do you work with Inland Revenue office or national bureau of statistics?
the guy is just a clueless illiterate
He has no freaking idea!

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
udemzeus:
Me too sis, so much opportunity in Nigeria

You better be grabbing them. No be to dey count other people investments ọ.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Rdfactor(m): 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
linearity:

ShopRite in the US are a dying bred with fierce competition from Wholefood store, stop n shop, etc. They are mostly found in the North East and are not affiliated with the ShopRite in Nigeria.

They are mainly a good and grocery store and sell similar things….see Getty image of a typical ShopRite store in the USA..

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/shoprite-grocery-store

Yes, they don’t sell Nigerian food and like your words exist to serve America taste.

I see. No different from Walmart or Aldi
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by IbeOkehie: 8:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
Asour:

Everyone are not for themselves in Naija?

Lol.

We have a communal lifestyle which is good. But so do the Europeans. You don't know because you weren't close to many.

What expands the scope of our communality is LACK!

When more Nigerians become well off, the communality would really reduce. Our communality is often an economic safety net. And I don't mean that in a bad way. I'm a beneficiary of this.

Thanks. This is insightful.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
ednut1:
you pay taxes in Nigeria. Do you have access to quality healthcare, roads or services The leaders and elite of Nigeria go abroad for healthcare , their kids have dual passports or live abroad. You the common man dey console himself 🤣🤣

Quality healthcare or services my foot. What's the essence of your quality healthcare if you're going to get poor becus you have a leg injury? A friend had a leg injury and he was billed over $9,000 for visiting the doctor three times. Even when he subscribed to a decent health insurance plan (I think he was using Anchorage). Health insurance in America na scam bro. You can get better services in Nigeria at low cost, we both know this. But we won't agree due to the desire to paint it rosy to people back home.

Don't pray to get sick in America or you might as well go broke for billings. Lol someone was charged $19,769 for a minor surgery. This was someone that didn't have up to $10k in savings

Let's continue lying. It's fine, but when we get to ten corner where we talk, we know how we table the truth as long as people that we want to impress arr not there

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
IbeOkehie:

Thanks. This is insightful.

Quality healthcare or services my foot. What's the essence of your quality healthcare if you're going to get poor becus you have a leg injury? A friend had a leg injury and he was billed over $9,000 for visiting the doctor three times. Even when he subscribed to a decent health insurance plan (I think he was using Anchorage). Health insurance in America na scam bro. You can get better services in Nigeria at low cost, we both know this. But we won't agree due to the desire to paint it rosy to people back home.

Don't pray to get sick in America or you might as well go broke for billings. Lol someone was charged $19,769 for a minor surgery. This was someone that didn't have up to $10k in savings

Let's continue lying. It's fine, but when we get to ten corner where we talk, we know how we table the truth as long as people that we want to impress arr not there
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
Tadadobe:

well i dont live in america. Its not same in Canada, UK or Germany. Abi na only america dey for this world

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
ednut1:
well i dont live in america. Its not same in Canada, UK or Germany. Abi na only america dey for this world

Ohhh Canada. Canada is a little different though you might have to wait like eternity to see a doctor.

My point is I have H1B friends in America who basically went from average to broke within two months just cus they had a basic health problem which #1M wii be more than enough to cater for in Nigeria.

When we talk about access to good healthcare, let's not forget about the cost otherwise we'll Just be bias.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

How much tax do you pay ... How much ?

When we talk about access to good healthcare, let's not forget about the cost otherwise we'll Just be bias.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
Tadadobe:

Ohhh Canada. Canada is a little different though you might have to wait like eternity to see a doctor.

My point is I have H1B friends in America who basically went from average to broke within two months just cus they had a basic health problem which #1M wii be more than enough to cater for in Nigeria.

its better to pay high so as to stay alive. I have friends who have been diagnosed with things here that wont have been detected in Nigeria. If you die shebi next of kin will blast what ever you have in your account. People die of brief illness every day in Nigeria aka we don’t know the ailment.

5 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by aestake: 8:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
Tadadobe:

The problem in Nigeria is there might be no quality very soon. Canada is stupid for having them as uber drivers and warehouse managers.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Localordinary: 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
If you really get sense, you would know that even if you earn millions of naira,you still live in Nigeria. I will not argue with someone who is anguished in a faceless forum. If you do you not wish to leave that shithole place, please don't discourage others.

MrBroke:

You think like a baby you know grin
Do you know how many countries are worst than NIG. You are very unwise my friend. What's the difference between a rich man in Nigeria with a legacy for his children and a bum in the United States with no shelter or food for his children. Have you in your entire years of existence of which i know are very few cause of how you think seen an empty country where hundreds of millions of people for no reason run to another country without a war or natural disaster. Try get sense, every country is is bad in one way or the other, you talk like in the US people don't die or there is no suffering there. Go and give birth to your children there and see if millions of Nigerians still wouldn't be richer, healthier and even live happily than them. How can you even generalize going abroad and conclude that it is failed, you nko you no be failed. If dem check well na ona no get anything to contribute to society, always looking for free things. I ain't replying you no more but just know if NIG is failed then you are also part of the failure. Country no good we know but no dey talk like small pikin abeg.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2023
Tadadobe:

Bros I sabi as e dey go.... That same yankee and europe some years back ... My friends and I were discussing travelling issue ... Matter of 20m came up I said I would rather pour that money into my business here... Most of my friends then there that day said na Japa ooo... As per say me I be hustler right from time... Them dem like salary work ... Bros most of them don Japa now ... Bros common $50 dem no dey get ... You go dey here I get bills... I dey always laugh them.... You want good life you pay ni... Nothing is free for oyinbo land .... You are paying well for it... Bros money dey this country ooo .... Cuz I dey do business wella... If person ready make it happen ... Like result oriented stuffs... No be to dey find Sara money... Put body and sense ... Bros money dey ... Just take your time... The population sef is enough aswear... Render service or sell physical product ... Bros you go sell shit... Ordinary kulikuli ... Person made billion last year alone... And you spend less here ... I have guy grinding hard on fx sef... Collecting dollars spending in naira... Sweetest if you sabi your way...
Nobody even fit impress me... Nobody I say...

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:04am On Apr 22, 2023
ednut1:
its better to pay high so as to stay alive. I have friends who have been diagnosed with things here that wont have been detected in Nigeria. If you die shebi next of kin will blast what ever you have in your account. People die of brief illness every day in Nigeria aka we don’t know the ailment.

Right. People don't die here in the abroad. LoL 🤣.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 5:54am On Apr 22, 2023
Lamanii22:

It’s not only you o….
We dey here kampe!

Some of us who were born and grew up abroad….
Didn’t realize what we were missing until we returned to the motherland

>

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GetMeRight: 10:41am On Apr 22, 2023
ednut1:

See him in 2019 trying to japa
https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/387#75018776
https://www.nairaland.com/4478747/diy-guide-australian-permanent-resident/135#76005934

I get your point. But the only thing that is permanent in life is change.
I tried too, to japa once. That was in 2013 and my wife won the USA visa lottery but couldn't raise the money that was going to be needed. But today, I'm not sure if I would have been better or worse if I was able to leave at the time. I can't remember the last time I actually worked for money! It is that easy and comfortable for me today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo) / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.