Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria (39655 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Best Country To Relocate With My Family Apart From Canada / Nigerian Man Shouts At US Airline Hostess "Do You Think I Am Your Mate?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by zed7: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
I've travelled quite a bit and I admire the beautiful scenery and facilities, however I'm not deceived. A holiday is different from living in those countries.

It's one thing to be a tourist, spend some money and run back, it's another thing to start hustling there and living day to day. Personally, I can't cope with the structured life. I'm now too old to readjust and be ordered around.

I like people who can give it all and relocate, I admire their guts. I have friends who have abandoned it all and left, it's hard for me. Maybe I can go there for retirement, when I'm able to have assets here that'll fund my lifestyle there.

17 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by emmaitive(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.
My i used to think like that too but, not until the opportunity showcase himself

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by iLoveYouToo(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:
I think I’m the only one who doesn’t want to leave Nigeria lol, if everyone is talking about japa in my mind I would be like what are these ones saying 😏… I don’t even include it in my prayer points.

Other countries are fascinating as such but I don’t see myself residing there… I love Nigeria too much.

We many o, I dey with you

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 20, 2023
Nigeria is definitely a fun country. There are several things I miss about it.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by akube34: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.
some of us could not pay our bills comfortably with what we earn, na why we run
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by FireUpNow(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2023
Then stay in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2023
What do you love about Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by oneMalik: 2:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
....and you shall be prosper here Insha Allah

Lamanii22:

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by OBTOREPA(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

You are doing well for yourself I must say.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by MrBroke(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
Localordinary:
Have you ever been outside of Nigeria If you have ever done this, your mentality might change even if its not for yourself,but for your unborn children and lineage.

What you are capping. You think they ain't people who have the means and have actually been outside but choose to stay here in NIG. When you have money everywhere is heaven except when insecurity comes on board of which can make anyone flee from any country to another. A thing is only special when you lack it. No dey decieve yourself. Nigeria is sweet just get the bag, even we broke grin people are having fun grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by OBTOREPA(m): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
Finestgurlie:
come and marry me
It should be the other way round please.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Timekeeper452: 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Same here.

I have travelled out of this country for official purposes but the thought of remaining outside Nigeria never occurred to me. And don't think I'm talking about African countries o, I mean Europe and Asia.

I'm used to Nigeria o, things outside Nigeria aren't just okay for me. Religion, food, traditions and the "Everyone for himself" things in Europe don't just appeal to me.

Money? I swear I can't abandon my relations in Nigeria just to go search for money. What exactly will the money be used for at the end of the day? Besides, death can come anytime, even while searching for the money.

Good living? What does that even mean? Ogbeni, you have to pay for all those good facilities directly or indirectly, nothing is free. So I take life easy, infact, very easy.

I'm just okay with my little earning here in Nigeria. At least, I pay my bills comfortably. Life is too short.
lol. CAPslock.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Swaelyf(f): 2:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
so you dont know those local tomatoes sellers pay tax ba? all those papers you see them paying and collecting at the market what do you think its for and anywhere you buy stuff in nigeria and get a receipt the tax is there
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria? Usually in the US, you see taxes you pay on everything you buy. Even if you buy a $1 tomato at Walmart, you'll see the tax added to your receipt.
.if you earn $CAD50k in Canada, $CAD18K will probably go to taxes. Is this how it is in Naija?

I believe that if nigerian don't get everything for free but rather spend the way they spend in abroad, Nigeria go better.

With the exception of those working federal, State, local government and some private organization, who are the ones paying taxes in Nigeria? Nigerians don't even pay for electricity. Lol

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Ventura1: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
You are a patriot like me cool
Lamanii22:

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Timekeeper452: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Why are you always angry whenever you feel like there are people who are not really so keen in coming abroad? Anytime you see any information that you feel look like somebody isn't trying to appreciate the level of smartness it took you guys to go abroad, you'll get angry. I know that feelings. Is like asking a Tesla user what Kind of car he drives when you can see it's a Tesla. He'll get offended you don't even recognize he drives a Tesla
because it’s not a news worthy article/post on a supposed news forum.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
Swaelyf:
so you dont know those local tomatoes sellers pay tax ba? all those papers you see them paying and collecting at the market what do you think its for and anywhere you buy stuff in nigeria and get a receipt the tax is there

But not as a bad aa having half of your yearly earnings go into tax. A friend earn $78K having $27k go into tax.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by uche393: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
i must Japa legally.

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by etrange: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2023
ednut1:
So what should we now do Beg you to change your mind

Hhmm... Comments like this make me wonder what the thought process is. Where did she say "please, do something"? She expressed herself just like most people do on here. Threads are conversation openers and not necessarily a cry for help or intervention. As you can see, other people have come to share thier opinions and that's the point of a public forum. She didn't ask you to do anything. There's absolutely no need to comment on a thread where you have nothing to say. This ideas of cautiously opening a thread to ask the OP what they want YOU to do as if you were invited to do something is rather ridiculous. I honestly don't know why some people's first reaction to everything is attack.

12 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Blackman101: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
same here too
Lamanii22:

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by SmartyPants(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

These are the sorts of people I love to have in my circle. People who see positives and understand that we all have a role to play.

Having travelled quite a bit, I can boldly say that while there are other places I can live at, Nigeria would always be my first choice.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by DesChyko: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

Where do they pay taxes in Nigeria? Who pay taxes in Nigeria

I can see that you're one of those that don't pay their taxes. People like you are the reason the government run away from their responsibility. Look at the stupid and naive assumption you're making.

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by pendragonbladgo(m): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

I have gone for further studies and escoursion in 4different countries.
I can't base there except am going for official issues, visit, contract or business.
If not: Nigeria is my hustle field, other places are training ground. I die here!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Willie2015: 2:46pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Bros ..u no like Naija reach me...
I have to change my mind cos of my kids...
They deserve better than this...
Craps our leaders dey give us cheesy grin
60 yrs..No light..No functional rail...
Chaotic sectors everywhere...

6 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
etrange:

Hhmm... Comments like this make me wonder what the thought process is. Where did she say "please, do something"? She expressed herself just like most people do on here. Threads are conversation openers and not necessarily a cry for help or intervention. As you can see, other people have come to share thier opinions and that's the point of a public forum. She didn't ask you to do anything. There's absolutely no need to comment on a thread where you have nothing to say. This ideas of cautiously opening a thread to ask the OP what they want YOU to do as if you were invited to do something is rather ridiculous. I honestly don't know why some people's first reaction to everything is attack.
why so serious tho Its not that deep sir/ma

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Theunbothered: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Good, stay, it is better for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by gadgethead: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Many people in diaspora are crying everyday because they would do anything to be able to resettle in Nigeria, but for different personal reasons, they cannot

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by mosaicafrique: 2:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

You are my kind of person, holiday season is enough but not to relocate to another man's village.

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by GboyegaD(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
benzion72:
If all European and American have ran away from thier challenges instead of facing it and solving their problem where will African be running to.
Most of the challenges we have now they have had them and overcome them. Is it bad leadership they have thier share from monarch to democracy. Is it poverty it is their language they still have it a lot.
If you read a lot and you read economic, history and philosophy and probably sociology you won't see much difference in Nations. Read Self Reliance by Ralph Waldo Emerson you won't fancy traveling

This is 21st century where economic knowledge for growth and development abound however, we have chosen not to grow and keep reciting this funny lyrics you wrote up there.

We have the resources, we don't need a new knowledge on the benefits of industrialization. We are learned in theory but lack understanding (thanks to la cram, la pour, la forget) and we are running backwards faster without telling ourselves the truth.
Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by akinade28(f): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
Treadway:
lol. Thanks for reminding me of Sebastian the crab. As far as I'm concerned Sebastian was the highlight of the Little Mermaid that made it golden, not even Ariel....lol
You are correct, the Sebastian character was hilarious. I so love this animation when I was little.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
Tadadobe:

But not as a bad aa having half of your yearly earnings go into tax. A friend earn $78K having $27k go into tax.
paye on tax of 100k a month in Nigeria. Seems you haven’t worked before in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by BerniceIma: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
MetroLane:
Anywhere you want to Live, just try to have money.....If Not grin
The is the truest of words ever uttered!
Get the money, especially in adequate amount.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Think I Can Live In Another Country Apart From Nigeria by Allisgud: 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2023
Lamanii22:

Amala bread and ewa agonyi dey everywhere🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣don't be afraid that u will only be stock salad

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo) / Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.