Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,625 members, 7,813,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] (7947 Views)

Is Blogging Still Profitable Or Is It Dead? / Is Blogging Still Profitable? / Is Blogging Still Lucrative Or Should I Start Drop Shipping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 6:26am On May 06, 2023
skultrick:

Please can you shed more light here?

What plugin do you use for inserting ads?

How do you place your ads?

What ad format works best; square, in-article, vertical or horizontal??

Do you have auto ads enabled

Sorry for the many questions, I get about 11k US traffic but my RPM that was at $12 is now dragging position with the floor at $3-4.

I tried ezoic, my RPM boosted back up and earnings increased but my site became very slow.

I appreciate your answer.

If you are with ezoic and your adsense is active, you should try the mediation in your dashboard. That might help you earn more.

1 Like

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 6:34am On May 06, 2023
Klausgocrazy:
Bro can you suggest us niche to focus on for good audience in Nigeria. I believe most of us are confused on what niche gains traffic more in Nigeria , or maybe i am.

I don't recommend you try Nigerian traffic. You'll need lots of traffic to generate enough. Try and target first world countries. That's where you can really earn well.

Finding a niche is very easy nowadays. If you want a niche that you can target right now, check out sites for sale on flippa.com and motioninvest.com.

1 Like

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by skultrick(m): 8:09am On May 06, 2023
nurd:

If you are with ezoic and your adsense is active, you should try the mediation in your dashboard. That might help you earn more.

Yeah I did all of that and my earnings actually increased with ezoic, however my site became slower. I had no other choice but to remove it
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 9:35am On May 06, 2023
skultrick:

Yeah I did all of that and my earnings actually increased with ezoic, however my site became slower. I had no other choice but to remove it

Then work hard, post more articles, and get on mediavine. You need 50k visits (sessions) a month to join.

In the meantime, have you tried affiliate marketing on the site to increase earnings?
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by skultrick(m): 11:48am On May 06, 2023
nurd:

Then work hard, post more articles, and get on mediavine. You need 50k visits (sessions) a month to join.

In the meantime, have you tried affiliate marketing on the site to increase earnings?

I get more than 50k visits, though I haven't tried mediavine.

As for affiliate, I had Amazon until they closed my account in February for mistake I made 3yrs ago.

This mediavine do you know if they operate like ezoic?

The main reason why ezoic slows site down is because they re-route every traffic through their own IPs. Do you know if mediavine operates on same model?
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by Klausgocrazy(m): 12:31am On May 07, 2023
nurd:

I don't recommend you try Nigerian traffic. You'll need lots of traffic to generate enough. Try and target first world countries. That's where you can really earn well.

Finding a niche is very easy nowadays. If you want a niche that you can target right now, check out sites for sale on flippa.com and motioninvest.com.

I don’t want to purchase site. I want start it up. I’m just looking at a good niche that will generate both traffic and money .

If you can suggest me niche I’d be glad , and start it up right away.

Also is blogger still good or you prefer Wordpress
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 6:27am On May 07, 2023
Klausgocrazy:

I don’t want to purchase site. I want start it up. I’m just looking at a good niche that will generate both traffic and money .

If you can suggest me niche I’d be glad , and start it up right away.

Also is blogger still good or you prefer Wordpress

That's why I post those sites. For you to get inspiration for your next niche. The premise is that, if a site is for sale, then the niche the site is in is profitable and you can target it too. When I checked, one of the site is in the automotive niche, which is a good one.

As for your question, blogger is outdated. You need to get wordpress.org, which is paid. You can only use blogger if you just want to practice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 6:31am On May 07, 2023
skultrick:

I get more than 50k visits, though I haven't tried mediavine.

As for affiliate, I had Amazon until they closed my account in February for mistake I made 3yrs ago.

This mediavine do you know if they operate like ezoic?

The main reason why ezoic slows site down is because they re-route every traffic through their own IPs. Do you know if mediavine operates on same model?

Note: As far as I know, all networks slow down your site, even adsense. So it all depends on how you build your site. I've achieved 90+ page speed score on ezoic and other networks so don't let that limit you.

As for your question, mediavine doesn't need any integration. Only ezoic does that in the industry. They will just insert a code on your site like you do with adsense, install their plugin, and you're good to go.

As a note, also check out monumetric. They have slightly higher RPM than ezoic. The only downside: you pay $99 to start if your traffic is below 80k pageviews a month.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 8:01am On May 07, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Thanks for the feedback. I already put in a lot of work in setting up and creating dozens of articles on site123, so it's probably too late to move to WordPress, unless I want to start all over again.
Alright then. I understand. All the best!
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 8:05am On May 07, 2023
Klausgocrazy:
Bro can you suggest us niche to focus on for good audience in Nigeria. I believe most of us are confused on what niche gains traffic more in Nigeria , or maybe i am.
When it comes to the Nigerian audience, here are some ever-lucrative niches to consider:
- Agriculture
- Small business ideas
- Education
- Technology (devices, reviews, and hacks)
- Making money online (legitimately, of course)
- Entertainment

I'm sure there are more, but that's the few I can come up with as I type right now.

PS. If you need a detailed guide on how to choose the right niche as a newbie blogger, I'd recommend that you get a copy of my e-book, where I dedicated a whole chapter to that. Your success or failure or blogging hinges largely on what niche you choose. Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by ibinaboonline: 7:05pm On May 07, 2023
Thank you. I doubt you've heard the last of me, though. 🙂
webincomeplus:

Alright then. I understand. All the best!
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by fastseo: 3:01am On May 08, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Thank you. I doubt you've heard the last of me, though. 🙂

on site 1234 lipsrsealed just de play

some one that has been into blogging for years with all experience is saying move over to WordPress.
unless those articles are copy paste if not my dear just delete that account with them after u have successfully either copy the content over to WordPress

look the image below. that's just one adsense account and I have over 4.

That means I had over 770k page views just the yesterday....
that 124 of urs honestly will shut down if it gets 20k visitors on a single day n I know u are on their free account.
cos with the premium account which is 5$ per month, u will get a better deal on namecheap with that amount.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by ibinaboonline: 7:58am On May 08, 2023
Well, let's first clarify we're talking about the same website builder. Are you sure the site 1234 you're referring to is the same as the site123 I'm referring to?
Moving on from to that, yes, I've pretty much established that I should've set up shop with WordPress. Alas, I already did too much work on site123, with no other option being to ride it out. Is it that easy to port a website from site123 to WordPress?
You're sure I'm using the free version of site123, but I'm not. I made a 12-month subscription after designing and populating the site with articles.
Let me mention that the incredible ease of building a site on site123 is the web builder's primary attraction. I so much love that they let you design your website and populate it with almost everything you need to make it ready before deciding to pay - or not. I think it's fantastic strategy for them because once you've designed and seen your website, the compulsion to publish it is very strong.
Now, on to more serious talk. Is the stats you showed here from your WordPress website or a website you ran on site123? You didn't make that clear. I don't know why you think my website on site123 will crash if it gets 20k views. I'm not defending them or anything, I'll just prefer if you back this up with evidence or some explanation. I really want to succeed. It's very important that I do.
Let me also mention that the premium I paid is $9+/month. Not $5.
fastseo:

on site 1234 lipsrsealed just de play

some one that has been into blogging for years with all experience is saying move over to WordPress.
unless those articles are copy paste if not my dear just delete that account with them after u have successfully either copy the content over to WordPress

look the image below. that's just one adsense account and I have over 4.

That means I had over 770k page views just the yesterday....
that 124 of urs honestly will shut down if it gets 20k visitors on a single day n I know u are on their free account.
cos with the premium account which is 5$ per month, u will get a better deal on namecheap with that amount.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by fastseo: 8:28am On May 08, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Well, let's first clarify we're talking about the same website builder. Are you sure the site 1234 you're referring to is the same as the site123 I'm referring to?
Moving on from to that, yes, I've pretty much established that I should've set up shop with WordPress. Alas, I already did too much work on site123, with no other option being to ride it out. Is it that easy to port a website from site123 to WordPress?
You're sure I'm using the free version of site123, but I'm not. I made a 12-month subscription after designing and populating the site with articles.
Let me mention that the incredible ease of building a site on site123 is the web builder's primary attraction. I so much love that they let you design your website and populate it with almost everything you need to make it ready before deciding to pay - or not. I think it's fantastic strategy for them because once you've designed and seen your website, the compulsion to publish it is very strong.
Now, on to more serious talk. Is the stats you showed here from your WordPress website or a website you ran on site123? You didn't make that clear. I don't know why you think my website on site123 will crash if it gets 20k views. I'm not defending them or anything, I'll just prefer if you back this up with evidence or some explanation. I really want to succeed. It's very important that I do.
Let me also mention that the premium I paid is $9+/month. Not $5.

yes it is a traffic from 3 website attached to one adsense account combine. although the cpc is pretty low.

1 Like

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 7:42pm On May 08, 2023
skultrick:

Please can you shed more light here?

What plugin do you use for inserting ads?

How do you place your ads?

What ad format works best; square, in-article, vertical or horizontal??

Do you have auto ads enabled

Sorry for the many questions, I get about 11k US traffic but my RPM that was at $12 is now dragging position with the floor at $3-4.

I tried ezoic, my RPM boosted back up and earnings increased but my site became very slow.

I appreciate your answer.

I'm sorry, but I already answered some of these questions earlier in the thread.

The plugin I use for placing ads is "Insert Post Ads". I place one banner under the title, one after each of paragraphs 2, 6, 10, and 14, one at the bottom of the content, and one in the sidebar.

I use responsive ads. Vertical or horizontal doesn't matter. Just set "responsive" and Ad.sense would display what's most appropriate.

Yes, I have auto-ads enabled. And that's because of the vignette ads, which cannot be added manually.

With regards to your RPM, note that it fluctuates and is never constant all year round. It all depends on advertiser activity, the particular articles bringing in the most traffic to your site at any point, and where your visitors are coming from.

Sure, Ezoic would give you better earnings than Adsense, but your site's speed and user experience would suffer. It's sad. You might want to try an alternative such as Monumetric.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 7:45pm On May 08, 2023
@iamhumble,

I tried replying your last post thrice, but each time I tried, I ended up getting banned for 24 hours. I really don't understand why. I'll see how I can get around it.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 7:48pm On May 08, 2023
nurd:

Well, it's all mixed fortunes. I sometimes recommend Nigerian traffic to beginners who are still learning the ropes because it's easier to rank and start seeing positive signals unlike what obtains with the foreign audience.

If you can succeed and perfect your blogging art with a Nigerian topic, you can easily replicate that success with a foreign audience afterwards.

I'm not saying it's wrong to start with a foreign audience. But that option is trickier, especially for the newbie. No matter how easy your niche might seem to be, you need to know what you're doing to make headway.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 8:01pm On May 08, 2023
@Iamhumble,

I just figured a way to answer your questions without getting banned again by NL's overzealous bots. See the attached...

1 Like

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2023
webincomeplus:

Well, it's all mixed fortunes. I sometimes recommend Nigerian traffic to beginners who are still learning the ropes because it's easier to rank and start seeing positive signals unlike what obtains with the foreign audience.

If you can succeed and perfect your blogging art with a Nigerian topic, you can easily replicate that success with a foreign audience afterwards.

I'm not saying it's wrong to start with a foreign audience. But that option is trickier, especially for the newbie. No matter how easy your niche might seem to be, you need to know what you're doing to make headway.

Yeah, that's true. Interestingly, I started with foreign traffic right away. Maybe because I was writing for people building niche sites then. If you know Dom Wells, I was once part of his team of writers.

I totally encourage newbies to try and do it this way. At least, it'll be easier getting traffic from home than abroad. Then use the experience as a stepping stone.

I've always wanted to try the Nigerian traffic for a while now but always pushed back because of the low earnings.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 9:45pm On May 08, 2023
nurd:

Yeah, that's true. Interestingly, I started with foreign traffic right away. Maybe because I was writing for people building niche sites then. If you know Dom Wells, I was once part of his team of writers.

I totally encourage newbies to try and do it this way. At least, it'll be easier getting traffic from home than abroad. Then use the experience as a stepping stone.

I've always wanted to try the Nigerian traffic for a while now but always pushed back because of the low earnings.
Yeah, I know Dom Wells of Human Proof Designs. I once sold a niche site to him. I also learned some stuff from him.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 10:57am On May 13, 2023
UPDATE: JINX BROKEN!!

So far, this month, I've been able to publish 10 articles! What made that easy for me is that I already had the articles written by my writer (since 4 months ago!).

Last weekend, I decided to check how many pages of the blog have been indexed by Google. I was disappointed by what I saw. Just 20 pages! And of those 20 indexed pages, only 12 are blog posts! So, only 12 articles took the blog to where it is presently. Impressive!

With 49 articles published, I had no doubts that I could jerk up the traffic by "forcing" Google to index the yet-to-be-indexed articles. So, I got busy with that for the next 2 days.

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 11:06am On May 13, 2023
UPDATE: MORE PAGES INDEXED

After manually submitting more articles to Google's index a few days ago, I decided this morning to check if that had yielded any results. And alas! The number of indexed pages has gone up from 20 to 40! And that's despite that I'm left with over 10 articles not yet submitted.

I can only sit back and watch how this will impact the site's traffic in the coming few weeks.

Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by nurd(m): 11:38am On May 18, 2023
webincomeplus:

After manually submitting more articles to Google's index a few days ago, I decided this morning to check if that had yielded any results. And alas! The number of indexed pages has gone up from 20 to 40! And that's despite that I'm left with over 10 articles not yet submitted.

I can only sit back and watch how this will impact the site's traffic in the coming few weeks.

Good job.

Have you gotten any clicks? It's always nice following a journey/case study as it evolves. Always a big motivator.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by Primeblog: 5:36pm On May 18, 2023
webincomeplus:

How did you index it manually?
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by Klausgocrazy(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2023
nurd:

I’ve made few updates on it check again and rate it please trend360.com.ng
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by Klausgocrazy(m): 2:24pm On May 22, 2023
webincomeplus:

If I’m to target worldwide I’d need to get a new domain name extension from .com.ng

Or can I go ahead wit the domain and target worldwide ?
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 2:38pm On May 22, 2023
Klausgocrazy:

If I’m to target worldwide I’d need to get a new domain name extension from .com.ng

Or can I go ahead wit the domain and target worldwide ?
You can't target worldwide with a country-specific extension. If you're going global, use a .com, .net, or .org.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by val4sure(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2023
nurd:

Note: As far as I know, all networks slow down your site, even adsense. So it all depends on how you build your site. I've achieved 90+ page speed score on ezoic and other networks so don't let that limit you.

As for your question, mediavine doesn't need any integration. Only ezoic does that in the industry. They will just insert a code on your site like you do with adsense, install their plugin, and you're good to go.

As a note, also check out monumetric. They have slightly higher RPM than ezoic. The only downside: you pay $99 to start if your traffic is below 80k pageviews a month.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by val4sure(m): 8:01pm On May 22, 2023
webincomeplus:

When it comes to the Nigerian audience, here are some ever-lucrative niches to consider:
- Agriculture
- Small business ideas
- Education
- Technology (devices, reviews, and hacks)
- Making money online (legitimately, of course)
- Entertainment

I'm sure there are more, but that's the few I can come up with as I type right now.

PS. If you need a detailed guide on how to choose the right niche as a newbie blogger, I'd recommend that you get a copy of my e-book, where I dedicated a whole chapter to that. Your success or failure or blogging hinges largely on what niche you choose. Check my signature
have been following you on this thread and I must say, you know your onions, I have a blog that is now 10k monthly view, want to grow it to 50k to allow me apply for mediavine, please my question is, what's the best hosting to use cos the namecheap am using slows my site down, please recommend a good hosting for me, or the one you are using.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by webincomeplus(m): 9:46pm On May 22, 2023
val4sure:

have been following you on this thread and I must say, you know your onions, I have a blog that is now 10k monthly view, want to grow it to 50k to allow me apply for mediavine, please my question is, what's the best hosting to use cos the namecheap am using slows my site down, please recommend a good hosting for me, or the one you are using.

If your site is slowing down, I doubt if that's due to any issue from Namecheap's end. While Namecheap isn't the best hosting service out there, you shouldn't have issues with them with your present traffic figures or even after it goes up to as high as 50k monthly.

But if you're bent on leaving Namecheap, other reliable, yet affordable hosts you can consider are hawkhost and a2hosting.
Re: Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] by val4sure(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2023
webincomeplus:

If your site is slowing down, I doubt if that's due to any issue from Namecheap's end. While Namecheap isn't the best hosting service out there, you shouldn't have issues with them with your present traffic figures or even after it goes up to as high as 50k monthly.

But if you're bent on leaving Namecheap, other reliable, yet affordable hosts you can consider are hawkhost and a2hosting.
Alright, thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Jiji And Olx Make Their Money / 100 Best Developers In Nigeria? Says Who? / Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.