Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story (13977 Views)

Have You Ever Been Wrongly Arrested? Share Your Story / Funmilade Adeyemi Declared Wanted By EFCC Has Been Arrested / Drunk Policeman Who Shot People In Warri At A Child Dedication Has Been Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Questionnaires(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01
Never Had,
Never Would.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by lavylilly: 3:47pm On Apr 01
There is a certain prayer my mom use to pray for me in Yoruba language, she always pray that Ki a ma rarin fose si, I never understand this pray until I grew up. When I begin to read about a story of many Nigerians that were wrongly arrested for the crime they know nothing about.

Some year years ago, I read about a story of upcoming Musician, John Edward was a victim of wrongful imprisonment. He was jailed for murder, a crime he knew nothing about according to the punch.

“On June 1, 2016, I was returning from a hip-hop video shoot and had my costumes tucked in my bag. On my way home, I ran into some policemen conducting a stop-and-search operation. They stopped me. I was searched; they found nothing on me but they ordered me to follow them to their station. I obeyed their order without questioning.

“When we got there, I called my producer and my sister; this was in Makurdi, Benue State. When my producer came, he showed them my video and on the second day, I was bailed with a sum of N20, 000. As of then, the Investigating Police Officer was not around and I left for the Air Force Base with my sister without my phone, a Blackberry Z30.

“On the following Monday, I returned to the station to pick up my phone and met with the IPO. I told the IPO that I wanted to collect my phone. He asked me to sit down and I was there for about four hours. In my presence, he wrote a report and later brought out of a file pictures of someone that was butchered. He then asked for my full name, which I told him without knowing what was going on. Before I knew it, he brought out handcuffs and two cellmates and he labelled me as the “ring leader”.

Another one was Clinton Kalu , a native of Imo State, regained freedom from the Port Harcourt Maximum Prison in 2019. The 56-year-old consultant criminologist had spent 27 years on death row before the Supreme Court set aside his conviction, quashed the spurious murder charges against him and handed him his freedom. Today, he wears a smile that bellies his pains and loses.

I also read about story of Mr. Femi Ariyo , a Lagos-based transporter onFebruary 28, 2018 who received a phone call from the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad department of the Nigeria Police Force.

That unexpected phone call would mark, for him, the beginning of a journey to Kirikiri Maximum Prison, which lasted over four harrowing years.

Ariyo, who was married and had children, would lose his wife, who left and abandoned his children. Yet, he never committed the crime he was accused of and for which he was made to go through all that trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by faceland: 3:47pm On Apr 01
My first arrest was at age 28 (by bribe seeking police) and since then I have lost count.

I am not a criminal but bad-cop, 1 or 2 mistakes and social problems. Infact, if am sleeping and police car part in front of my house, I will not panic because am not a criminal.

In addition to arrest, I have enter cell 3 times (Edo, Delta & Bauchi). All I entered with my cloths fully dress but in Delta I regret it because it was my favorite cloth and I had to throw it away, I couldn't wash the smell off the cloth (it was an egotistical professor that did that arrest).

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Dundalk(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01
RapistOnBail your attention is needed here grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by diamond68: 3:49pm On Apr 01
Yes. In Europe and America
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by superCleanworks(m): 3:50pm On Apr 01
AchrafHakimi:
Is it by Police or Holy Spirit?
Be specific.

abi na Arrested by CARDIAC?
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Okpokpo09: 3:50pm On Apr 01
Tinubu should just step down please

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by yazzman(m): 3:53pm On Apr 01
My wife insulted me by telling me that ...me that my parent abandoned ... one thing I hate the most is using my childhood experience to mock me ....I had to slap her and before you know she got me arrested...

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by jubrilELsudan: 3:54pm On Apr 01
Jennyclay:
share the story undecided Why were you arrested

Are you a rapist or a murderer or a serial thief That you can’t share your story

I KNOW SEY NA THE STORY OF WHEN YOU HANG YOUR KUKUNASE ONTOP MY WINDSCREEN FOR THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE WEY POLICE CUM ARREST ME YOU DEY WANT MAKE I GIST DEM

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Habugala(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01
never arrested !
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Yhinkss(m): 3:55pm On Apr 01
such a funny experience
I camped this girl for two days only to be discovered by her real boyfriend. that's how I was deceived to come back on my way to work only to be arrested the third day
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by superCleanworks(m): 3:57pm On Apr 01
yazzman:
My wife insulted me by telling me that ...me that my parent abandoned ... one thing I hate the most is using my childhood experience to mock me ....I had to slap her and before you know she got me arrested...

saying MY WIFE, this means you guys are still together. Yes or No.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by kheny12(m): 3:59pm On Apr 01
Never, but I have been to the police station to write a statement and we were told to go that day,we went back some weeks later only to pay the police some tips ad case closed.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Didi2d(m): 4:02pm On Apr 01
I have shared this story here before. Lol...

One Saturday morning, just after environmental sanitisation.
I and a friend met on the way as both of us are going to watch a football game between my area ketu and ayetoro in ijanikin.

Just as we got to the then ayetoro field, I noticed a woman pointed at me and my friend. Before we could take further step, I heard a shout! Hey, both of you come here!

As we approach the woman and some few people standing, omo! This woman started shouting o, na dem na dem. That we armed rubbers.Na so I confused.

To cut the long story short, we were almost linched, but God kept us till police came

Na so I take spend weekend for police cell o, and my family was busy looking for me, till someone told them about some guys that was arrested on Saturday.
Lol .. funny and bad experience

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Iceberg3: 4:02pm On Apr 01
Well a certain Helinues if out now grin maybe op should ask him 😁
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by tiswell(m): 4:03pm On Apr 01
Risingblue008:
because of weed ooo
Just becos of weed

I no gree bail myself
Dem tire for me na
I begged dem with 4k dem no gree
For their front
I used the money cure jonzing den lock-up.
I was there for almost 5days
Nobody tell dpo to free me b4 he did dt
Nigerian police caught you with weed red handed,and freed you for free?

Oga lienus take am easy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Iceberg3: 4:03pm On Apr 01
Didi2d:

I and a friend met on the way as both of us are going to watch a football game between my area ketu and ayetoro in ijanikin.

Just as we got to the then ayetoro field, I noticed a woman pointed at me and my friend. Before we could take further step, I heard a shout! Hey, both of you come here!

As we approach the woman and some few people standing, omo! This woman started shouting o, na dem na dem. Na so I confused.

To cut the long story short, we were almost linched, but God kept us till police came

Na so I take spend weekend for police cell o, and my family was busy looking for me, till someone told them about some guys that was arrested on Saturday.
Oga stop this nahhh

At least tell us the complete story

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by TrustNone: 4:03pm On Apr 01
I went out with a nairalander to work as she has been telling me she's broke so I told her to accompany me to a job my friend called me to do for him.
Do you know this nairalander stole a very costly equipment and disappeared putting me in trouble.
I was asked to produce her, I was then arrested.
Since then I've not seen her again though she's a regular member of this forum.
Below is her link to her profile
https://www.nairaland.com/DKM123

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:04pm On Apr 01
No be new thing.

How many I wan mention?

From hitting/bashing other's cars and cops being called to punching people's faces due to them not minding their business when I had a business gone wrong issues with their relatives/loved ones to debt recovery issues(I got my goods back but it is one of the reasons I stopped selling credit) to being arrested for night crawling due to clubbing etc.

Omoh, man don run things well well, but in all I still give thanks to God for giving me the courage to stand my ground when I was pressurized/they tried to convince me that I saw the man that night, so as to implicate one man who was charged for one serious case, the man was grateful to me until relocation made everyone move on with their lives.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Zaheertyler(m): 4:05pm On Apr 01
Like 6 times brb
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Robertgreene1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01
Lol...twice sef
First time was back in uni 2017...l was inside a betnaija shop watching football and charging my phone around 10PM one Saturday night...when police swarm the shop and packed all of us... like 25 guys into Hilux...carry us go station...it was my first night in Jail...upon say l dey claustrophobic since childhood...l no even feel am sef...l even started laughing once the police men locked me and like eight other guys in a cell...the next day being Sunday morning...l managed to slip 500 naira that l had in my pocket to the cell presido in the next cell and he called my dad for me with a small phone he hid inside the cell...my dad sent my nearest uncle and l was bailed in the evening with around 15k...
Our SUG president back then for UNN heard about the arrests...he pulled some strings and even contacted the then Governor of Enugu State...Ugwuanyi....who ordered that all the students arrested be released that night...and the other remaining arrested students were all released around 9:00 PM that night...

Second time was in January 2022...l use vex beat craze comot my youngest uncle body during a fight...the idiot just came back from the US...he ran out of our shared family house that night...one week later...he called Anti cult guys to arrest me for night...l was inside my room around 1:AM when around 5 of them barged into my room (my room and flat is downstairs in our family duplex)
Omor...l resisted arrest and fought off the Anti-Cult guys...the noise brought my dad..bro and everyone in our large compound downstairs...even some neighbors came into our compound (light dey that night so everyone was watching the drama unfolding between me and the Anti-Cult guys outside like Film) they managed to drag me outside...but l resisted arrest and kept struggling with around 5 or 6 of them...my dad and everyone was begging me to just comply with them...but l strongly refused and kept struggling with them... Finally, they managed to handcuff one of my arms to one of my legs and dragged me to their Hilux...
At their station...all the Anti-Cult guys were like..."So this guy..u get mind fight police abi?"...my lPO even showed me his bleeding finger and said that l was the one that gave him the injury during the struggle....
They bundled me and other guys they also arrested that night into a rather large cell called cell 3...next morning my dad and his friend came and brought me food and bottled water of course...
In the afternoon...l was taken out and brought to an office where that my stupid uncle was sitting down waiting for me...the boss of the Anti-Cult guys and my IPO interrogated me...and right in front of them l was still throwing insults and threats at that my uncle...
The boss angrily asked my IPO...which cell u kept this guy sef? He answered cell 3...the boss told him to take me to Cell 1...which was the worst cell in the station...
I was taken to the Cell 1...which was very small...darker...and more enclosed (the cell bar had an iron plate all around it and only a very small opening in the center...so you couldn't even see the corridor from inside the Cell 1 compared to Cell 3 that was bigger and the bars were more open)...But l loved one thing about that cell 1...the presido was very tough...So everything inside the cell was well organized and rather neat(the cell had a small pit toilet inside by the extreme wall)...food and water brought by relatives were shared among all the inmates(we were around 15 or so inside the tiny cell)....we were even cracking jokes and laughing inside the cell...the presido baptized me with small beating the moment l came in and treated me very harshly that first night...But the next morning that my dad visited...l collected 1k from him through the opening in the cell bar and gave the presido...from then on...the presido started treating me very nicely... according to him...l was then part of the cell brotherhood and received my own share of food and water that relatives brought for their people inside the cell...
That my IPO would always come around the cell bar and taunt me by saying..."this guy that had the guts to fight police...hope the drug you took that night don comot for ur eyes finish"...LoL....
To cut the long story short...l was arrested Tuesday night...and was bailed with around 60k on Friday afternoon...so l spent roughly 3 days there...

As l came back home...that my uncle saw me one day that he drove inside our compound and out of fear...he didn't even know when he greeted me by force...lol... somebody that gave me around 23 years...
He later knelt down and apologized to my dad (his eldest bro and someone that almost single-handedly trained him up and contributed largely to his leaving for the US) the next year Xmas that he came back home Sha...

In conclusion...one thing with naija cell be say...lt is always a good experience as a young man to spend a few days inside there...three days at most is okay...But you see anything more than three days inside there and you will start feeling it like mad...you will start feeling like going crazy inside there l swear...naija cells is not fit for dogs talkless of human beings sef...l do rather die and go and rest than to spend weeks...or months or years inside naija cell l swear....
So stay away from crimes peeps
Shalom...

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 4:08pm On Apr 01
Olalan:
I went to play playstation in a game house....... not a funny scenario.

The guys took us into their bus and collected money from the shop owner, before they let us go.

Since then I dread going to play games or even watch matches outside

Shey na Akure this your story take happen?
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by moscobabs(m): 4:09pm On Apr 01
I was a student of the Polytechnic Ibadan in 2003, was living off Campus Apete precisely. One day the fellow students in my hostel dey hungry, they concluded to kill one of our Landlord Goats, the Landlord travelled I didn't know how these guys did it,all I know is that I received some parts of the goat,only for the police to come the next day and pick all of us at the hotel. We sa pay for the goat sa, we paid #4,500 that year bfre they release us.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by spiSeyi: 4:10pm On Apr 01
Nah me arrest police, make I write small code I dey come grin
When I was still the tammak chairman at the largest car pack in my local government, some SARS came around to pack boys that year. Guess what I locked the car pack gates and SARS where unable to move out. And if they try to break the gate yawa go gass because nah government property. Nah so SARS spend night for my abete and freed all the boys, nah so I lock up SARS and I got my nick in the hood as Kazola cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Gggjhhj: 4:10pm On Apr 01
Raiding is normal thing then, if we see police for road, if u like make van just dae pass, all the young boys dae use there leg bail there self, because if you stand you go bail yourself with money.

Been arrested ones because of raiding for no particular reason

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by kheny12(m): 4:10pm On Apr 01
Didi2d:

As we approach the woman and some few people standing, omo! This woman started shouting o, na dem na dem. Na so I confused.

wetin she talk say u do.
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Sirkingsnado: 4:15pm On Apr 01
angry

That year coronavirus from kano to onitsha we were arrested at Edo state na so police carry us go lock up say no movement

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Justinlean02(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01
Yeah, once though but was as funny as f**k. Remember my dad and his tenant using me like a boy cause they can't settle as men. Had to really shake the table for them to take note. The stupid tenant a pastor, running a church with the warehouse reacted but I warned him . Dude had to nerve to throw me a challenge which I took. Long story short I racked havoc on his church was apprehended by SWAT only to call the pastor and make peace just to evict him after getting the release grin

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01
yazzman:

I hope you're not with her again
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Makunahatata: 4:16pm On Apr 01
faceland:
My first arrest was at age 28 (by bribe seeking police) and since then I have lost count.

I am not a criminal but bad-cop, 1 or 2 mistakes and social problems. Infact, if am sleeping and police car part in front of my house, I will not panic because am not a criminal.

In addition to arrest, I have enter cell 3 times (Edo, Delta & Bauchi). All I entered with my cloths fully dress but in Delta I regret it because it was my favorite cloth and I had to throw it away, I couldn't wash the smell off the cloth (it was an egotistical professor that did that arrest).
u go be dose ppl wey like wahala dey form I dey on my right...for this lawless country, u go just troway ur life for nothing
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by BigDawsNet: 4:17pm On Apr 01
I have never been arrested...
Re: Have You Ever Been Arrested? Share Your Story by Gentlesoul2021(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01
TrustNone:
I went out with a nairalander to work as she has been telling me she's broke so I told her to accompany me to a job my friend called me to do for him.
Do you know this nairalander stole a very costly equipment and disappeared putting me in trouble.
I was asked to produce her, I was then arrested.
Since then I've not seen her again though she's a regular member of this forum.
Below is her link to her profile
https://www.nairaland.com/DKM123

And u didn't trail her. .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder / Fake LASTMA Officer Bags 4-Month Jail Term In Lagos (Photo) / Allah Will Punish Me Severely - Minna Herdsman Who Plotted Attack On Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.