Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

The Book Of Bible Gaffes - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Bible Gaffes (15344 Views)

Manipulation Of Bible Verses In The Jehovah's Witness Bible / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:29pm On Apr 24, 2023
Maynman:

A bigger fool worships yahweh as his creator, they are dumb, they are Murderers, they take a genocide loving god as their creator.

Oya you can do more better
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

Oya you can do more better

And yahweh can’t do better.
Have knowledge on your beliefs cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
Maynman:

You don empty? Cretin

You go tire today dipstick
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
Maynman:

And yahweh can’t do better.
Have knowledge on your beliefs cheesy

Is that all?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:33pm On Apr 24, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

Is that all?

Ask yahweh

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

You go tire today dipstick

Your creator go tire pass, moro.n

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

U don tire? Dingbat
Stop wasting your time on that boy called Maynman he’s not worth your attention. Deprive him of the attention he craves, his parents failed him, they were not good examples of Godly people to him so he hates God cos of the irresponsible nature of his parents. We can only pity him. Please leave him for now, let him sulk in silence!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:37pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

Stop wasting your time on that boy, he’s not worth your attention. Deprive him of the attention he craves, his parents failed him, they were not good examples of Godly people to him so he hates God cos of the irresponsible nature of his parents. We can only pity him. Please leave him for now, let him sulk in silence!

If your parents did not fail you and make you a jewish slave, how come you are basing your life on books you have no knowledge about?
Your parents made you a yahweh worshipper bwahahahah

They made you a jewish slave by telling you one adam made you a sinner, with guilt and fear they chained you down and you need a jewish man as your savior or else your loving god will send you to hell fire. grin
Jewish Slave you’ll worship Yahweh till you Die!

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2023
When two irresponsible adults give birth to children they don’t cater for and show love to, they produce Maynman

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:
When two irresponsible adults give birth to children they don’t cater for and show love to, they produce Maynman
When 2 uneducated slaves give birth to children they produce yahweh worshippers who will be a slave to jewish mythology and will need a jewish man as saviour or they perish, they produce advocatejare, a proud yahweh worshipper bwahahahah

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:54pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

Stop wasting your time on that boy called Maynman he’s not worth your attention. Deprive him of the attention he craves, his parents failed him, they were not good examples of Godly people to him so he hates God cos of the irresponsible nature of his parents. We can only pity him. Please leave him for now, let him sulk in silence!

Okay brotherly

Make I leave him sha, I wan make life miserable for him b4 nii but I will do as you said

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
All these yahweh worshippers sha grin
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:
When two irresponsible adults give birth to children they don’t cater for and show love to, they produce Maman

Ahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by advocatejare(m): 1:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
ANTIlSLAM:

Okay brotherly

Make I leave him sha, I wan make life miserable for him b4 nii but I will do as you said
Deprive him of the attention, that is what he thrives on. You will see him vanish now

Let him go and meet his unloving parents to show him love and attention at home
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

So the reason you are on here is because your dumb Yahweh worshipper parents didn’t show you love and attention at home and you are seeking it on nairaland?

How can they show you love when they’ve already condemned you by saying one Adam in a book made you a sinner advocatejare
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Ken4Christ: 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2023
FxMasterz:

As I promised you yesterday, I've decided to expose your lies and deceit in rendering some of these verses out of context. I'll take the first 10 verses only even though you challenged me to pick only 1.

I'm not here to engage you. Engaging Atheists is a waste of time. They're not seekers of truth. They engage you to tell themselves they're intelligent while exhibiting a high level of folly.

Before I continue, I must let you know that the Bible was written by imperfect men urged on by the Spirit of God.

God uses men to mininster to men. Men are God's channels. Even though men are imperfect, God uses their imperfections to bless others as long as they're doing all they do in honesty and sincerity.

1 Corinthians 13:9-12 established that we know in part and prophesy in part. The perfect would come later but the perfect is not yet here.

When you read the Bible as a canal man, you are reading the imperfect letters of the Word. 2 Corinthians 3:6 says those letters kill. They don't give life.

That's why the first step into the things of God is a spiritual rebirth. When you approach the Bible as a spirit being, the Holy Ghost takes you beyond the limits of imperfect letters that kill. You're ushered into the deep things of God that are not available on the surface. The Spirit of God gives you life through those imperfect channels. God still uses Imperfect men today, and their words are still called 'The Word of God."

When you hear Christians saying they're going to church to listen to the Word of God, they're going to listen to an imperfect man who preaches behind a pulpit. His words may be imperfect. It could contain errors. But he preaches with all sincerity to the best of his knowledge. God uses his imperfect knowledge to bless the hearers.

The Bible itself does not lay any claim to perfection, so this thread of yours is useless.

Now, let me start addressing your issues. The deception in your post is too obvious.

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6.

I'll be as brief as I can.
In Genesis 1:31, the context was the entire work of creation. He was satisfied to see the physical replica of his thoughts. He achieved what He had in mind. They were as exact as He had intended them to be.

In Genesis 6:6, God was not dissatisfied with His works. That's a blatant lie. Quote the verse if I'm lying. God regretted creating man. That's the verse. Man isn't God's only work. He's just a very minute part of His entire creation. He regretted creating man because man misused his freewill which God had given him. Man reinvented himself. Ecclesiastes 7:29 sums it up:

[/b]"Behold, this only have I found: that God made man perfect; but they have sought out many inventions."[/b]

Only man o. Not His entire works.

2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48

In the Old Testament era, God related with man physically, and at the time, physical temples were the only meeting place with God. That's the context of 2 Chronicles 7. In the new testament, after the death and resurrection of Christ, God started relating with man spiritually. Men became God's Temples. That's the context of Acts 7. The former temple was a mere shadow. The later temple is the real deal.

3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness
1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2

God dwells in light but to those who are blind like yourself, God dwells in darkness. They can't see God. When the veil is removed off your face, and you begin to see clearly, you'll see God. But as long as Satan's veil of darkness remains upon you, you can't see God.

4. God is seen and heard
Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/
Ex 24:9-11
God is invisible and cannot be heard
John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16.

God is seen and heard by those to whom He reveals and manifests Himself. God is invisible but God does manifest. If you seek Him you'll find Him.

5. God is tired and rests
Ex 31:17
God is never tired and never rests
Is 40:28

First let me see where the verse says God was tired in that Genesis 2. His work was done or what else did He have to come back later to do? He rested to teach man how to rest not because He was tired Himself. He laid an example for man. Today by that example, we have resting days. We rest even when we're not tired. We have a physical rest and a spiritual rest. If man can rest even when he isn't tired, what makes you think God rested because He was tired? If i decided to rest in my house on Saturday and not go to work, does that mean I'm tired? SMH. Give me the verse that says God was tired. Anything else would be ignored.

6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things
Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21
God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all
things
Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8.

The purpose of these verses is to show us that God cares and is absolutely interested in the affairs of men. How did He know that men were building something in Genesis 11? How did He know that Sodom was perverted in Genesis 18. How did He know all these already before saying He'll come down or go to confirm? Those verses are merely demonstrating God's concerns for man which is one of the core messages of the Bible.

7. God knows the hearts of men
Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3
God tries men to find out what is in their heart
Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12

God knows the hearts of men but He tries the hearts of men in order to prove to man that the man who was tried deserves whatever God does to him.

"By no means! Let God be true though every one were a liar, as it is written, “ That you may be justified in your words, and prevail when you are judged.

God would be proved right when men or anyone judges God's actions. Even the man who is cast to hell would know for sure that he deserves hell. By the trial, everyone knows that God is casting him to hell, not just because of what God thinks about him but by the results he himself has produced.

8. God is all powerful
Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26
God is not all powerful
Judg 1:19

God is all powerful but His power is available to man in the measure to which man is Obidient to God. In Judges 4, under the pophethhood of Deborah, an Obidient and faithly woman of God, God destroyed Sisera and his large army of iron chariots. Faith and Obidient are the two important yardsticks for measuring how much of God's power is available to man.

9. God is unchangeable
James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19
God is changeable
Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/
Ex 33:1,3,17,14

I don't need to answer this. I'm sure the book you're copying from was written by a Satanist.

You mean if God decided to punish a people, and the people repented and asks to be forgiven, God must go ahead and punish them in order to prove that He doesn't change?

God has never changed. He hates evil and goes all out to punish it after giving the evil doer ample time to repent. He then rolls out severe warnings. If the evil doer repents, He forgives and turns back the intensity of the punishment. That's how He has always been. That's how He is till today.

10. God is just and impartial
Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25
God is unjust and partial
Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12

In Genesis 9:25, Noah cursing his son makes God partial? Hahahaha, wonders shall never end. In Exodus 20:5, God is partial for commanding the Jews not to worship idols? How foolish can this assertion get?

In Romans 9:11-13, God already knew what Esau was going to do and become. God knew his heart. He knew he'll not serve God. God judged him before hand. And we see that God was right in His judgement by the kind of life Esau eventually lived.

This brings me back to the verse that makes you conclude that God does not know the hearts because He tries the hearts of men. I've responded to that already. This allegation of yours further proves my position that even though God knows man's heart, people like you will accuse God of wrongdoing if God does not prove through trial that the man deserves what God says or does to him.

The Satanist book from which you're copying is a book of lies at its best. I can't find any truth in it. I've just exposed the first 10 lies. The book is merely written to mislead people like you in order to further strengthen the fetters of your captivity so that you can become surer candidates of hell.

This is a very poor attempt to discredit the Bible.

There are indeed human imperfections in the Bible but this first 10 verses of yours don't fall in that category. They were deliberate lies sordidly collated to look like truth.

I really pity your soul. God still loves if you still have room in your heart to see your need for a saviour.

CC:
Antichristian

The Bible contains God's word. Not every content of the Bible is God's word. Even the words Satan spoke are written in the Bible.

There are some places men also wrote their personal opinion. For instance, some of the things Job said during the years of his afflictions were his personal opinions.

Even Apostle said in a verse that what he wrote was his opinion and not an instruction from the Lord.

God didn't dictate the writing of the books of the Bible.

The only passage that are clear instructions from God are the prophetic books and the specific instructions he gave to some of the saints of old.

The creation story was a revelation Moses received from God.

That God rested on the seventh day does not mean he was tired like we humans get tired. Spirits don't get tired.

He just wanted to institute a worship schedule which he did to the children of Israel. That day was chosen by God for them to devote themselves to worship.

Many other contents are historical. And as men are not perfect, you don't expect perfection in their report.

If two of us go to the scene of the same event and we are asked to put down what happened, you can be sure that we will present the story differently.

There are no contradictions in the Bible.

Tell me any contradiction from the book of the prophets. Show me where two different Prophets of old said two different things on the same thing.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by FxMasterz: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2023
Ken4Christ:

The Bible contains God's word. Not every content of the Bible is God's word. Even the words Satan spoke are written in the Bible.

There are some places men also wrote their personal opinion. For instance, some of the things Job said during the years of his afflictions were his personal opinions.

Even Apostle said in a verse that what he wrote was his opinion and not an instruction from the Lord.

God didn't dictate the writing of the books of the Bible.

The only passage that are clear instructions from God are the prophetic books and the specific instructions he gave to some of the saints of old.

The creation story was a revelation Moses received from God.

That God rested on the seventh day does not mean he was tired like we humans get tired. Spirits don't get tired.

He just wanted to institute a worship schedule which he did to the children of Israel. That day was chosen by God for them to devote themselves to worship.

Many other contents are historical. And as men are not perfect, you don't expect perfection in their report.

If two of us go to the scene of the same event and we are asked to put down what happened, you can be sure that we will present the story differently.

There are no contradictions in the Bible.

Tell me any contradiction from the book of the prophets. Show me where two different Prophets of old said two different things on the same thing.
I think you're quoting the wrong person.

This position of yours is the same position I've made on this forum on several occasions. It looked as though you copied my words verbatim.

I'll see it as a rejoinder to the the response I gave jaephonix.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

I said this
How can you say they were taken out of context when you didn't even bother to read it due to its length? You say the bible is not the direct word of God but the same god said these
And you didn't reply.

Also we have been asking you why an omniscient god would be surprised or regret, but youve been dodging that

Check fzmasterx response and my response to mayman. Most questions already answered, no need going on repetition.
Quote the direct word of God here. Can't go back and start searching, too many posts.
God doesn't sit a prophet down and tell him what to write verbatim, maybe with exception of Moses which he spoke with face to face. Numbers 12.8
God send his message in the spirit and the prophet delivers them in expressed languages that can't fully comprehend God's ways and thoughts, but the core message isn't lost which is the actual word of God, not the phrases or sentences used. That's why u read the bible in context.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

Check fzmasterx response and my response to mayman. Most questions already answered, no need going on repetition.
Quote the direct word of God here. Can't go back and start searching, too many posts.
God doesn't sit a prophet down and tell him what to write verbatim, maybe with exception of Moses which he spoke with face to face. Numbers 12.8
God send his message in the spirit and the prophet delivers them in expressed languages that can't fully comprehend God's ways and thoughts, but the core message isn't lost which is the actual word of God, not the phrases or sentences used. That's why u read the bible in context.

You did not answer any of my questions, you were just contradicting yourself.
From saying your god knows possible choices to saying he knows exact choices yet you have freewill.

If God did not want man to commit the original sin, why did he give man a desire for knowledge, experience, adventure and carnal love?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Ken4Christ: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
FxMasterz:

I think you're quoting the wrong person.

This position of yours is the same position I've made on this forum on several occasions. It looked as though you copied my words verbatim.

I'll see it as a rejoinder to the the response I gave jaephonix.

OK. I am sorry I thought he was putting me under pressure to respond. I understand. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:05pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. It wasn't mentioned anywhere in the bible that Yahweh warned the whole world
2. Can 2 men chop up and carry large trees? How did Noah get all they animals in the world, from polar bears, T-rexes, mammoths etc?

He could have used the services of craftsmen willing to work in exchange for wages.
God's divine calling, the animals answered to the call of their creator. Just like Jesus called forth the fishes into Peter's net. Luk 5.4-6
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:06pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Again you dodged the elephant in the room. Go back to my post and reread it. Is that your answer sufficient for it?
What's the elephant in the room. Sincerely can't remember.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol.
You still dont understand.
IF YAHWEH KNOWS THE INDIVIDUALS THAT MAKE UP THE TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT WOULD MAKE HEAVEN, WHAT'S THE USE OF GIVING US FREE WILL? grin

God sees all mankind in heaven. That's your final destination if you follow his will.
It's your choice not to make heaven, he can't drag u to where u don't want to go.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

God sees all mankind in heaven. That's your final destination if you follow his will.
It's your choice not to make heaven, he can't drag u to where u don't want to go.
Does your god know the exact number of people that will be in heaven?
Or he hopes all mankind get to heaven the same he hopes what’s written in Revelation comes through?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, the study of spontaneous remissions in carcinomas has been ongoing for decades. Many physicians worldwide have observed it and there are many well documented cases. It has absolutely no relationship with any religion, race or regions. And definitely not caused by Yahweh. Like I said twice before, there are many things we don't understand about cancers which come to light daily.
I'll post some links about reported cases here.
This is from an Oncology journal
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.annalsofoncology.org/article/S0923-7534(19)63993-1/pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjGycat5L_-AhWNxQIHHTLgCGcQFnoECCUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Ab6t0_He-TofYi8RSWUzo

The pdf reads…
Spontaneous remission of cancer (SR) is defined as a complete
or partial, temporary or permanent disappearance of all or at
least some relevant parameters of a soundly diagnosed malig-
nant disease without any medical treatment or with treatment
that is considered inadequate to produce the resulting regres-
sion. We report the case of a 61-year-old man who presented
with extensive metatastic disease five months after pneumo-
nectomy for poorly differentiated large cell and polymorphic
lung cancer. A vast metastatic tumour mass of the abdominal
wall was confirmed histolologically and there was clinical and
radiographic evidence of liver and lung metastases. Eight
months later, the patient was operated on for a hernia, which
had developed in the inguinal biopsy scar and the surgeon
confirmed complete clinical SR of the abdominal wall metas-
tases. Again five months later there was no longer any radio-
logic evidence of liver and lung metastases. Complete remis-
sion has persisted more than five years. Histology of the
primary and of the abdominal metastases were reviewed by
several independent pathologists. SR is an extremly rare event
in lung cancer. This is the first documented case of clinically
evident visceral metastases of a bronchiogenic adenocarci-
noma developing after complete resection of the primary
and then showing complete SR. The epidemiology of SR is
reviewed and possible mechanisms involved in SR are dis-
cussed.

This is another instances
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9402178/

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/353036355_The_spontaneous_remission_of_cancer_Current_insights_and_therapeutic_significance

https://www.curetoday.com/view/inflammatory-biomarkers-from-lung-cancer-depression-may-predict-survival-outcomes

https://bmcpulmmed.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12890-019-0978-4

All the above from scientific Journals, not hearsays
My point is spontaneous remissions occur whether people pray to your Yahweh or not. Get that

If this is the best u can come up as evidence. Then u may not have managed lots of cancer pxt. That u even have to Google this up is funny, something that's quite common. Metastatic cancer is no longer death sentence compared to 1-2 decades ago.
One of my patient diagnosed of advanced squamous cell cancer of the mandible has now been told he's cancer free.
He had palliative radiotherapy last yr because they couldn't do surgery- tumour was too advance. Now the oncologist had written that he should be removed from cancer register because the cancer is cleared. I can't count cases like above I've encountered.
My own case is a woman who had fungating advanced cancer and it regressed without any treatment. So convenient it disappeared after meeting a man of God.
Ok let me be lenient. Post me cases of confirmed cancer diagnosis that regressed without treatment. Let's leave metastasis out of it.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2023
advocatejare:

Deprive him of the attention, that is what he thrives on. You will see him vanish now

Alright.. AntiChristian that mentioned our monikers is no where to be found
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Actually its christians that dont understand what destiny is. It doesn't change. What you're destined for is irreversible

U will have to give me your definition of destiny because this irreversible destiny makes me doubt u are atheist.
Are u telling me a child born today has his destiny already fixed and nothing can change it.
You mean a child that doesn't even understand any sense of danger is already destined to be an armed robber or prostitute in life. And there's nothing he/she can do about it.
Even, if I'm not a Christian, I will never believe we come from some where to fulfil a definite script in life.
Irreversible destiny is nonsense. Family, genetics and environment determines our personality and greatly influence our future outcomes.
A child who grew up in a loving home with 2 parents, went to good schools and raised in a conducive environment will likely succeed in life compared to someone lacking above.
Go to prison and check the backgrounds of the inmates, it look similar - dysfunctional homes, poor education, grew up in bad neighborhood.
Guy, there's nothing like irreversible destiny. It's the choices u make today reflects on your tomorrow.
So if we have irreversible destiny, then Africa is destined to be forever poor, poverty infested, plagued with wars and famine and nothing Africans can do about it undecided
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:31pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

I'm sorry to say this. But this doesn't make sense. Lets give an example.
I (Yahweh) know (not guessed) that my child(mankind) would run through the sitting room and not the kitchen, to meet me. Now I know he's going through the sitting room and not the kitchen, even if the kitchen is nearer to him. IT'S HIS DESTINY TO GO THROUGH THE SITTING ROOM he can't change it.

I sincerely don't understand what u trying to pass across here. Makes no sense to me.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2023
SIRTee15:

U will have to give me your definition of destiny because this irreversible destiny makes me doubt u are atheist.
Are u telling me a child born today has his destiny already fixed and nothing can change it.
You mean a child that doesn't even understand any sense of danger is already destined to be an armed robber or prostitute in life. And there's nothing he/she can do about it.
Even, if I'm not a Christian, I will never believe we come from some where to fulfil a definite script in life.
Irreversible destiny is nonsense. Family, genetics and environment determines our personality and greatly influence our future outcomes.
A child who grew up in a loving home with 2 parents, went to good schools and raised in a conducive environment will likely succeed in life compared to someone lacking above.
Go to prison and check the backgrounds of the inmates, it look similar - dysfunctional homes, poor education, grew up in bad neighborhood.
Guy, there's nothing like irreversible destiny. It's the choices u make today reflects on your tomorrow.
So if we have irreversible destiny, then Africa is destined to be forever poor, poverty infested, plagued with wars and famine and nothing Africans can do about it undecided

An Omniscience god knew that adam would sin before he even created adam.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Dude, i thought u said it wasn't Yahweh that made the soul?
2. Why did Yahweh create the tree of evil? And not only that, put it in the middle of the garden right where Adam would be admiring it?
1. Where did I say that? Read my definition of man.
2. Our duty as man is not to ask questions but to obey God. A creature shouldn't be questioning his creator. Each time we obey God it gladens him and releases power for us to fulfil purpose. That's what is expected of Adam in the Garden.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:39pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

He's giving an example. An all-knowing god would know your next move. He won't be guessing whether you'll be good or bad.
Explain these verses
◄ Genesis 22:12 ►
“Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.

◄ Deuteronomy 8:2 ►
Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.

◄ Deuteronomy 13:3 ►
you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul

Do they depict an omniscient god who knows the end from the beginning

I think this has to do with choices made man
Already answered. No need going around in circles.
The problem is you and maynman wants the redefine definition of all knowing God.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

I should be asking you that.
He didn't smite them. Yet he says nobody lives after seeing hits face

God is a spirit. He has no body. Read bible in context.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (46) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastors And Their Aspirations To Be Like Jesus / Dream Of Being Naked Inside The Church,pls Help / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.