Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

The Book Of Bible Gaffes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Bible Gaffes (15032 Views)

Why Is Mathew 17:21 Omitted In Some Version Of Bible? / Pastor E.A Adeboye's Prophecy For 2019 And His Use Of Bible References / Which Version Of Bible Is Your Preferred Choice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 11:41am On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did you read the verses at all? Did he use the word shekinah?
So what's inside the ark of God and the tabernacle? What's the cloud during the day and pillar of fire at night that follows the Israelites.
Stephen was talking to fellow Jews like himself who understood what he meant.
Before u criticise the bible, pls do yourself a favour and actually study it, not just doing copy and paste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 11:45am On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

You are just been disingenuous. U deliberately skipped the earlier verses Gen 32.24-29 which states a man came to wrestle Jacob and later blessed him. Jacob encountered a man whom he later realised was God.

It was not a man that wrestled jacob, it was El.
https://www.nairaland.com/7431748/hebrew-mythologies

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 11:54am On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Do u know the difference between rhema and logos.
God still speaks to people to this day, he's never silent- That's rhema. While Logos is the written word of God in the bible.

Let me ask u a question, have u ever witnessed a miracle before in your life. I mean a phenomenal change in circumstances that defies any reasonable logic.
By virtue of working in the medical field, I've witnessed real miracles. Not just in Nigeria but in developed countries where medicine is advanced and lot of things can be medically explained.
The foolish say there's no God. It's not new, they said so when David wrote the psalm more than 4 thousand years ago.
The strongest evidence to the existence of YAHWEH is RHEMA. Rhema is active and continues to transform lives as evidence by miraculous witnesses.
1. Why does Yahweh use thunder and lightning to speak to people in the bible, but now only speaks personally these days? Why does he appear to people back then but nobody dey see him brake lights these days? Why does he display his might by sending down fire from heaven but these days its a problem?
Now you're using jargons like Rhema which is a term many Christians call different things. With all this rhema have you seen an amputee limb regrow?
2. About your question, I haven't seen any life miracle. And yes also I work in the medical field. I'm a 17 year post housejob physician and yet haven't seen any of the miracle you talk about. Diseases relapse and regress, and it doesn't have any supernatural connotations because it also happens to non-christians and people that don't pray to your god. And also those cancer remissions can also relapse. And we don't know everything about diseases. We are still researching.
Please which specific medical field are you in?
3. We're used to being called foolish because we don't acknowledge your god. Yet the joke is on you grin

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 11:58am On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Do u know the difference between rhema and logos.
God still speaks to people to this day, he's never silent- That's rhema. While Logos is the written word of God in the bible.

Rhema and logos are COMMON greek words and has nothing to do with yahweh.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 12:04pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

It was not a man that wrestled jacob, it was El.
https://www.nairaland.com/7431748/hebrew-mythologies

This one don carry conspiracy theory enter bible.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

This one don carry conspiracy theory enter bible.

Who changed jacob name to IsraEL?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

Rhema and logos are COMMON greek words and has nothing to do with yahweh.
I'm talking about their usage in Christian theology.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

I'm talking about their usage in Christian theology.

Which was borrowed from greek language, have you forgotten New Testament was written in Greek?

Rhema means spoken words, Logos means written words, it has nothing to do with yahweh.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Why does Yahweh use thunder and lightning to speak to people in the bible, but now only speaks personally these days? Why does he appear to people back then but nobody dey see him brake lights these days? Why does he display his might by sending down fire from heaven but these days its a problem?
Now you're using jargons like Rhema which is a term many Christians call different things. With all this rhema have you seen an amputee limb regrow?
2. About your question, I haven't seen any life miracle. And yes also I work in the medical field. I'm a 17 year post housejob physician and yet haven't seen any of the miracle you talk about. Diseases relapse and regress, and it doesn't have any supernatural connotations because it also happens to non-christians and people that don't pray to your god. And also those cancer remissions can also relapse. And we don't know everything about diseases. We are still researching.
Please which specific medical field are you in?
3. We're used to being called foolish because we don't acknowledge your god. Yet the joke is on you grin

How do u know God doesn't use lightning and thunder to communicate his words. Have u spoken to all men of God today to confirm?
Besides in the new covenant we now have the holy spirit in us that constantly communicates. We don't have to wait for rain like sango worshippers b4 hearing from God. That's the privilege we enjoy but absent in the old covenant. The spirit actually has to descend to communicate to the prophets.

I don't need to disclose my field of work.

But explain to me this so called cancer regression in an elderly woman with advanced fungating stage 4 cervical cancer with cachetic body. If u have actually been with someone described above, u will know how badly they smell that they are normally isolated on the ward.
This was a woman I saw few months later and was completely healthy. I didn't even recognise her.
I was using style to ask her daughter who was with her how's her mum because I believed she would have been dead. Only for her to tell me the person I'm asking after is actually the one beside her. To say I was shocked was an understatement.
This happened in Benue state. She was taken to a popular man of God in NIgeria for prayers. My opinion of that man of God changed after that experience.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 12:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

Who changed jacob name to IsraEL?
Madam I don't do conspiracy theories. U barking at the wrong tree.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 12:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Madam I don't do conspiracy theories. U barking at the wrong tree.

Woman i also don’t do indoctrination, you are ignorant of the Israelite god that you base your life on.

Who changed jacob name to israEL? Was it a man?
Who blessed jacob? Was it a man?
After they fought, jacob named the place peniEL.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 1:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. You're repeating the regular excuses christians give even though you didn't even bother to read them. I initially didn’t want to create this topic because the errors were many, but a Christian in another thread challenged me and said the Bible is perfect, and urged me to create a topic about it if I have any evidence. So I did it. And the problem is that's not all of the errors. Its now 2 days and that same christian that prompted me to put up the topic hasn't even responded.
2. How can you say they were taken out of context when you didn't even bother to read it due to its length? You say the bible is not the direct word of God but the same god said these…

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

Jeremiah 36:2
Take a scroll and write on it all the words which I have spoken to you concerning Israel and concerning Judah, and concerning all the nations, from the day I first spoke to you, from the days of Josiah, even to this day

Exodus 24:3-4
Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord and all the rules. And all the people answered with one voice and said, “All the words that the Lord has spoken we will do.” And Moses wrote down all the words of the Lord

Why are you christians quick to throw the Bible under the bus when its being scrutinized? . 2 christians have already done so in this thread. Why? Without this same Bible would you have known about Yahweh?

3. I have had a few discourse with someone before you. You can start from those ones he highlighted and debate, since they are specific.

4. So yahweh knew man would still fall into sin again after he previously destroyed the earth for being sinful. So why destroy the earth in the first place? Looks like he is a trigger happy god

Yes God loves us but also chastise us. He whom God loves, he chastens and scourge whom he receives. Hebrew 12.6
Moreover, the wages of sin is death- either physical or spiritual and God will certainly pass judgement against those who disobey him.
GOD wont stand by and allow corruption engulfs that which he created. That's exactly what happened during the time of the flood.

The earth was populated by Nephilim in those days, they were giants, powerful people and men of renown. Unfortunately, their inclination was perpetually towards evil, their wickedness completely dominated humanity.
Gen 6.5 states 'every thought of the human heart was only evil all the time'. So bad there was only one righteous man on earth- Noah.
It was nothing like what we have today- I'm sure you wont want to live in such civilisation. Ordinary boko haram, Nigeria was already on fire.

God initial judgement was to limit the age of mankind to 120 yrs hoping this will trigger repentance, but they were unperturbed, the corruption continued. It was obvious humanity will be lost if God didn't intervene and initiate a fresh start.

The story of the flood is not about God eradicating sin but saving humanity. It's also to serve as a warning for future generation of GOD'S judgement and to take a cue from the evil inclination of 'sons of GOD' in ancient times. Humans must understand their impending doom if we do not comprehend the need for repentance and salvation. 1 Cor 10.11, Mat 24.37-39.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

The story of the flood is not about God eradicating sin but saving humanity. It's also to serve as a warning for future generation of GOD'S judgement and to take a cue from the evil inclination of 'sons of GOD' in ancient times. Humans must understand their impending doom if we do not comprehend the need for repentance and salvation. 1 Cor 10.11, Mat 24.37-39.

save humanity from what?
How effective is the warning for future generations now?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2023
After the flood, humanity once again pressed the self destruct button in a mighty hunter called Nimrod. His generation disobeyed God's command to replenish and multiply on the earth, a command he gave after the flood.
Instead, humanity gathered together in babel and wanted to build a legacy for themselves which would prevent them from scattering over the face of the earth. Gen 11.4
God knew this action is not only disobedience and rebellion, but also the beginning of their lack of restrain of whatever they imagine themselves to do Gen 11.6.
But God had already promised not to wipe off humanity again. Rather than allow men wallow in wickedness and sin, He scattered them from there all over the earth by forcing people of different languages to live apart. Gen 11.8-9
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

save humanity from what?
I'm sure if they tell u to go and live in sambisa, u will rather take the alternative no matter denigrating it is. Good thing is places like sambisa is less than 5% of the whole earth. That shows u how humanity is different from the time of Noah when only one man was a good person.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:
After the flood, humanity once again pressed the self destruct button in a mighty hunter called Nimrod. His generation disobeyed God's command to replenish and multiply on the earth, a command he gave after the flood.
Instead, humanity gathered together in babel and wanted to build a legacy for themselves which would prevent them from scattering over the face of the earth. Gen 11.4
God knew this action is not only disobedience and rebellion, but also the beginning of their lack of restrain of whatever they imagine themselves to do Gen 11.6.
But God had already promised not to wipe off humanity again. Rather than allow men wallow in wickedness and sin, He scattered them from there all over the earth by forcing people of different languages to live apart. Gen 11.8-9

Only if your god was omniscience he won’t have flooded and murdered humanity knowing the flood plan was ineffective.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

I'm sure if they tell u to go and live in sambisa, u will rather take the alternative no matter denigrating it is. Good thing is places like sambisa is less than 5% of the whole earth. That shows u how humanity is different from the time of Noah when only one man was a good person.

So there are less sinners now in time of Noah?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

Only if your god was omniscience he won’t have flooded and murdered humanity knowing the flood plan was ineffective.
Read my previous post with comprehension and then Gen 11.6.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:18pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

“AFTER the flood, humanity ONCE AGAIN pressed the self destruct button in a mighty hunter called Nimrod.”

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

“AFTER the flood, humanity ONCE AGAIN pressed the self destruct button in a mighty hunter called Nimrod.”

Is that the previous post I referred u to or u just want to argue?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Is that the previous post I referred u to or u just want to argue?

Post the previous post yourself and let’s see how an omniscience god is regretting.

Also, the flood is to save humanity from what?

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 2:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maynman:

Post the previous post yourself and let’s see how an omniscience god is regretting.

Also, the flood is to save humanity from what?
If it doesn't bother u that there was only one good fellow on earth at a particular time, then it showed u just here to argue blindly.
I asked If u could survive in sambisa as the only good person, u avoided the question.
Someone like u will start shouting insecurity in Nigeria when it's only sporadic cases of kidnapping, armed robbery and thuggery. But Noah lived in an era when everyone around him was evil and scheming wickedness.
U kept hammering on a needless point instead of reading gen 11.6 as I instructed u.
Pls don't expect a response from me anymore unless your argument is constructive. From conspiracy theories to sounding like a playing cracked disc.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

If it doesn't bother u that there was only one good fellow on earth at a particular time, then it showed u just here to argue blindly.
I asked If u could survive in sambisa as the only good person, u avoided the question.
Someone like u will start shouting insecurity in Nigeria when it's only sporadic cases of kidnapping, armed robbery and thuggery. But Noah lived in an era when everyone around him was evil and scheming wickedness.
U kept hammering on a needless point instead of reading gen 11.6 as I instructed u.
Pls don't expect a response from me anymore unless your argument is constructive. From conspiracy theories to sounding like a playing cracked disc.

One Good fellow on earth How did you know, which area was noah situated?
How many continents did they say he reach to warn them?

Your sambiasa analogy lacks zero sense.

Are you saying the rate of violence now is lesser than before because of the flood?
If everyone around noah was evil and scheming wickedness, how was noah and his family alive?
How was noah able to successfully build the boat/ship?

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Gen 11.6.

your god preferred people to be disunited?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 2:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

How do u know God doesn't use lightning and thunder to communicate his words. Have u spoken to all men of God today to confirm?
Besides in the new covenant we now have the holy spirit in us that constantly communicates. We don't have to wait for rain like sango worshippers b4 hearing from God. That's the privilege we enjoy but absent in the old covenant. The spirit actually has to descend to communicate to the prophets.

I don't need to disclose my field of work.

But explain to me this so called cancer regression in an elderly woman with advanced fungating stage 4 cervical cancer with cachetic body. If u have actually been with someone described above, u will know how badly they smell that they are normally isolated on the ward.
This was a woman I saw few months later and was completely healthy. I didn't even recognise her.
I was using style to ask her daughter who was with her how's her mum because I believed she would have been dead. Only for her to tell me the person I'm asking after is actually the one beside her. To say I was shocked was an understatement.
This happened in Benue state. She was taken to a popular man of God in NIgeria for prayers. My opinion of that man of God changed after that experience.
1. How do you know Yahweh still interacts with lightning and thunder? Has he been doing such with you?
2. I'm sure you must have seen or heard several people commit all sorts of crimes ranging from fornication or adultery to murder, and then claim they had an unction from the holy spirit to do it. Does your holy spirit authorize such? If you say no, then you're saying that such 'unctions' can be faked.
3. No problem if you don't wanna talk about your work
4. About the stage 4 cervical CA, I have some questions
A. Which hospital was that?
B. Was she on chemo/radio?
C. Was a debulking op done on her?
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by SIRTee15: 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. How do you know Yahweh still interacts with lightning and thunder? Has he been doing such with you?
2. I'm sure you must have seen or heard several people commit all sorts of crimes ranging from fornication or adultery to murder, and then claim they had an unction from the holy spirit to do it. Does your holy spirit authorize such? If you say no, then you're saying that such 'unctions' can be faked.
3. No problem if you don't wanna talk about your work
4. About the stage 4 cervical CA, I have some questions
A. Which hospital was that?
B. Was she on chemo/radio?
C. Was a debulking op done on her?

Let's just go to number 4. The rest are mere speculations from your sides.
Why do you want to know the hospital. Do u know any Nigerian hosp that has successfully managed a stage 4 advanced cervical cancer.

Radio or chemo in benue state for stage 4 cervical cancer. I want to believe u work in a teaching hospital in Nigeria where u people just throw everything at patient anyhow. Someone that's dying, u will be telling the family to pay 100k for ICU, 50k for CT scan, 100k for theatre.
That's not how general or private hospital operates. She was referred anyway but didn't go.

That's what we offered her but when we explained to family it's just to reduce the fungating smell and help with quality of life but not really to cure the cancer, they took her away.
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Yes God loves us but also chastise us. He whom God loves, he chastens and scourge whom he receives. Hebrew 12.6
Moreover, the wages of sin is death- either physical or spiritual and God will certainly pass judgement against those who disobey him.
GOD wont stand by and allow corruption engulfs that which he created. That's exactly what happened during the time of the flood.

The earth was populated by Nephilim in those days, they were giants, powerful people and men of renown. Unfortunately, their inclination was perpetually towards evil, their wickedness completely dominated humanity.
Gen 6.5 states 'every thought of the human heart was only evil all the time'. So bad there was only one righteous man on earth- Noah.
It was nothing like what we have today- I'm sure you wont want to live in such civilisation. Ordinary boko haram, Nigeria was already on fire.

God initial judgement was to limit the age of mankind to 120 yrs hoping this will trigger repentance, but they were unperturbed, the corruption continued. It was obvious humanity will be lost if God didn't intervene and initiate a fresh start.

You completely left the topic of our discourse and entered another one. Could it be you are evading?
Concerning your raised topics….
1. Who created the concept of death for sin? Yahweh. Is it possible for him to forgive as an omnibenevolent god? Yes. There you go! A god that does not want to forgive the sin of his creations but instead imposes the law that they die or he kills his own son to appease himself for their sins. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY HE IS NOT OMBIBENEVOLENT?

2. There is further indictment for Yahweh. He purportedly created humans and the earth, including evil too , so why is he angry at the outcome of his creations?
Besides he is omniscient so knows how Lucifer would deceive and con Adam via the tree of knowledge, yet he went ahead to create both Lucifer and the tree(he even gave the tree luscious fruits and kept it in the middle of the Garden where Adam and Eve would be able to admire it) and got angry when the inevitable happened.
3. You seem not to understand the plot. Yahweh knew all along that man would sin again after even after he destroys us with the flood. So why kill everyone in the first place? Why not kill his son first ab initio instead of the flood, since he is so bloodthirsty.

1 Like

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:
This tower of Babel story always crack me up whenever I hear it. Yahweh was hoping mad when they wanted to create a tower that is maybe 100 feet high. So what is he doing now folks are building skyscrapers and worse still, bursting out of the sky and hiking to the moon? Is he gonna have an apoplexy? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

What has living in Sambissa gotta do with this discourse
Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by Maynman: 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

3. You seem not to understand the plot. Yahweh knew all along that man would sin again after even after he destroys us with the flood. So why kill everyone in the first place? Why not kill his son first ab initio instead of the flood, since he is so bloodthirsty.

The flood plan was ineffective, sacrificing his own child, jesus too was ineffective.
This yahweh na dullard abeg.

3 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

You're further indicting Yahweh and committing heresy. You're simply saying Yahweh is not omniscient

2 Likes

Re: The Book Of Bible Gaffes by jaephoenix(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
SIRTee15:

Lol. This is just a perfect Ignorance of Obfuscation statement. Obviously you're intent on dodging questions here. You dodged some from me and now dodging some more questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Ghosts, Spirits, Paranormal Entities, Are They Real?(Warning). / Evangelist (Mrs) Ezenwoye Takes Succour To Correctional Service Inmates In Lagos / MINE Teenage Ministry Reacts As Coordinator Is Accused Of Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.