Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

What Can I Do To Get My Money Back - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can I Do To Get My Money Back (1381 Views)

"I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / Scammed By A Lady. Any Chance Of Getting My Money Back? / I Would Have Spent All My Money On This Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by lanzini309: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
Don't mind my English please.
I mistakenly transfer 200k to a first bank account. After I discovered that I have made this mistake, I immediately call my bank UBA and explain to them what really happened.
They promise to send mail to first bank regarding the transaction, and I was ask to give them 10 working days to work on it. I even went to first bank to make a complain about the transaction they ask me to go to my bank that it is my bank that will make a complaint. So the Second day I received a call from UBA that they have sent mail to first bank, but if I want to fast track the process I should go and get a court order.
So i decided to wait for the 10 working days thinking that the issue might have been solved by then and the money would have been reversed and if Not I will get a court order. So after waiting for Ten day I called my bank and I was told that First bank didn't reply to their mail mind you I do call my bank on a daily basis to remind them of my problem you know how bank customer care works especially UBA i spent thousands on call cards.
So I had to look for a Lawyer to get a court order I paid the Lawyer 30k with alot of stress. After 3 weeks the court order was ready I took it to First bank and the manager told me that the person has withdrawn the money that she will have to forward the court order to their Legal team and wait for their reply so that they will call the person to refund the money. And they refused to give me the person's number.
After spending close to 50k plus the stress I pass through I even went to first bank to complain myself in which the directed me to my bank and I was so sure that my bank sent them a mail. Please how do I get my money back I need an advise. The lawyer want us to file suit against first bank but I don't have the money I can't just lose 250k this kind time. Things hard abeg mod push to front page. Attached is the picture of the transaction.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2023
Temitope don carry your money buy wig.

Try and search the name on Facebook and Instagram.

9 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by NobleSeed(m): 3:42pm On Apr 20, 2023
how can we now tell if you are telling lies or not?
You just closed eyes Open mobile app, type the account number you no confirm name then you come input the amount you still no check the name You now put your password you no still confirm.
After you don do am finish you now screenshot the transaction before you no say na wrong account undecided undecided
Just dey play You hear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by virginprincess(f): 3:57pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

Must you always comment like a senseless personundecided undecided,always saying out of point,i really pity the females around you.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by jaeyking(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2023
I think the best they can do at the moment is to blacklist the person's account.

But seriously you used UBA mobile app.
UBA for that matter that the name will pop up like 3 times before the transfer will work and u still make this mistake

Shey eye dey pain u abi which one

I hope you get the funds back without spending high

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
virginprincess:
Must you always comment like a senseless personundecided undecided,always saying out of point,i really pity the females around you.
You're becoming one annoying pest that refused to be tamed. I've told you countless times to DM me if you so interested in this sugar boy. You keep delaying God's blessings in your life.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by virginprincess(f): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

You're becoming one annoying pest that refused to be tamed. I've told you countless times to DM me if you so interested in this sugar boy. You keep delaying God's blessings in your life.
I don't have time to banter words with you and God can never use a woman hater like you to bless me,Godforbid.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 4:10pm On Apr 20, 2023
virginprincess:
I don't have time to banter words with you and God can never use a woman hater like you to bless me,Godforbid.
cheesy grin
Woman hater
Me that love bress undecided

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Sheistoopretty(f): 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2023
lanzini309:
Don't mind my English please.
I mistakenly transfer 200k to a first bank account. After I discovered that I have made this mistake, I immediately call my bank UBA and explain to them what really happened.
They promise to send mail to first bank regarding the transaction, and I was ask to give them 10 working days to work on it. I even went to first bank to make a complain about the transaction they ask me to go to my bank that it is my bank that will make a complaint. So the Second day I received a call from UBA that they have sent mail to first bank, but if I want to fast track the process I should go and get a court order.
So i decided to wait for the 10 working days thinking that the issue might have been solved by then and the money would have been reversed and if Not I will get a court order. So after waiting for Ten day I called my bank and I was told that First bank didn't reply to their mail mind you I do call my bank on a daily basis to remind them of my problem you know how bank customer care works especially UBA i spent thousands on call cards.
So I had to look for a Lawyer to get a court order I paid the Lawyer 30k with alot of stress. After 3 weeks the court order was ready I took it to First bank and the manager told me that the person has withdrawn the money that she will have to forward the court order to their Legal team and wait for their reply so that they will call the person to refund the money. And they refused to give me the person's number.
After spending close to 50k plus the stress I pass through I even went to first bank to complain myself in which the directed me to my bank and I was so sure that my bank sent them a mail. Please how do I get my money back I need an advise. The lawyer want us to file suit against first bank but I don't have the money I can't just lose 250k this kind time. Things hard abeg mod push to front page. Attached is the picture of the transaction.

I find this hard to believe, like I don't understand, were u blind when u wanted to send dis money? Y didn't u confirm the details?
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by SyrusdeHansome(m): 4:13pm On Apr 20, 2023
May God help u my brother.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Rexie96: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

Youre so right, thats what I did, facebook when I transsfered money to wrong account and it wrkd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by NotoriousBiggyS: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2023
Forget that money
Otilo !!!
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by virginprincess(f): 4:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

cheesy grin
Woman hater
Me that love bress undecided
You only love the body of a woman not the woman herself,that why you see and refer to women as sex object,i can never be with a man that sees me as a sex object.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Foodqueen(f): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
Are you sure it's not a seal gone wrong

For you to take screenshot after transaction....

Well, I pray u get your money back
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Kobicove(m): 4:21pm On Apr 20, 2023
I honestly do not understand why a person will spend money he/she knows does not belong to him! angry

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 4:22pm On Apr 20, 2023
virginprincess:
You only love the body of a woman not the woman herself,that why you see and refer to women as sex object,i can never be with a man that sees me as a sex object.
What's the difference between the body of a woman and woman herself?

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Berrityga: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
This one transfer 200k give babe the babe no turn up with kpekus. Him come der find how to collect him money back. Cause no sane person will use app that allows the name of the receivers pop up before you input your password.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Berrityga: 4:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
Kobicove:
I honestly do not understand why a person will spend money he/she knows does not belong to him! angry
send me 200k I can explain it to you practically.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Blupen969(m): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2023
If na me that kind money hit i go withdraw deh money go somalia go hide
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by virginprincess(f): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

What's the difference between the body of a woman and woman herself?
Are you seriously asking me that questionundecided,don't even try to pretend like you don't know what i'm talking about,you sleep with a woman today then dump her tomorrow after getting what you want,can you do that to a woman you love,seriously i really wish nairaland has a voice note,typing would'nt be enough to air my grivances.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
virginprincess:
Are you seriously asking me that questionundecided,don't even try to pretend like you don't know what i'm talking about,you sleep with a woman today then dump her tomorrow after getting what you want,can you do that to a woman you love,seriously i really wish nairaland has a voice note,typing would'nt be enough to air my grivances.
I've never slept or dump a woman before. I'm a virgin unlike you. You always see me as a bad and evil person and I don't like it.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by virginprincess(f): 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

I've never slept or dump a woman before. I'm a virgin unlike you. You always see me as a bad and evil person and I don't like it.
Sometimes i feel you aren't truely what you portrait on nairaland but since you don't what to start seeing anything good in women i will continue taking you as a bad person,infact what you really need is the true love of a woman who would change your mentality,i wish i can help you but i can't.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by adeememman(m): 5:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
Had same issue on 3/3. Mistakenly transferred 16500 to a wrong account from Gtb to Firstbank.
The person happen to be my beneficiary and his details is right above the right beneficiary. I must have done business with him before but must be close to a decade so he's part of my beneficiary. The total amount was 36500. Cos of network ish then, I split the transaction into two. 20,000 and 16500. So the 20k went to the right account but 16500 went to the wrong account. Funny enough the 20k which went to the right account got reversed but the 16500 that went to the wrong account was successful. I made official complaint same day at my bank GTB despite the stress. Till this moment I've not heard from Gtbank. Luckily I was later able to reach the receiver and he refunded me.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2023
NobleSeed:
You just closed eyes Open mobile app, type the account number you no confirm name then you come input the amount you still no check the name You now put your password you no still confirm.
After you don do am finish you now screenshot the transaction before you no say na wrong account undecided undecided
Just dey play You hear.

exactly!!!
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by pheelhip(m): 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
Look at me reading this messages
Wayback in 2019 during my service year.
Someone mistakenly transferred 78,000 to my Access bank acct, same moment I was badly in need of funds. Especially to get a new phone so I can browse up on topics to teach my students.

I left the money lyng in my acct for 48hrs knowing fully that the bank will Contact me. On the 3rd day, bank contacted me and I had to do the transfer back to the man same minute, I transferred 4times because it was 20k limit with not minding the transfer charges then.

Man called me after all, told me I am a good man and said I should send my acct number shishi. He didn't send till today. It really hurts me. I called him weeks after, he acted like he couldn't remember.

Bottomline, if any human mistakenly send money into my acct, its either the person forgets and move on or we share into two. Else #5 the person no go see. Anything whey bank wan do me make dem do.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
virginprincess:
Sometimes i feel you aren't truely what you portrait on nairaland but since you don't what to start seeing anything good in women i will continue taking you as a bad person,infact what you really need is the true love of a woman who would change your mentality,i wish i can help you but i can't.
True love of a woman

Are you been serious now or you're just joking?

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by virginprincess(f): 6:09pm On Apr 20, 2023
Zonefree:

True love of a woman

Are you been serious now or you're just joking?
Does it look like i'm jokingundecided,i really pity men here that takes the advice of a virgin boy like you.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by Zonefree(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2023
virginprincess:
Does it look like i'm jokingundecided,i really pity men here that takes the advice of a virgin boy like you.
grin

It's virgin Church boy please.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by MasterJayJay: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2023
That your lawyer na thief.
Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by MasterJayJay: 6:35pm On Apr 20, 2023
pheelhip:
Look at me reading this messages
Wayback in 2019 during my service year.
Someone mistakenly transferred 78,000 to my Access bank acct, same moment I was badly in need of funds. Especially to get a new phone so I can browse up on topics to teach my students.

I left the money lyng in my acct for 48hrs knowing fully that the bank will Contact me. On the 3rd day, bank contacted me and I had to do the transfer back to the man same minute,

Man called me after all, told me I am a good man and said I should send my acct number shishi. He didn't send till today. It really hurts me. I called him weeks after, he acted like he couldn't remember.

Bottomline, if any human mistakenly send money into my acct, its either the person forgets and move on or we share into two. Else #5 the person no go see. Anything whey bank wan do me make dem do.

You didn't see the news of a POS operator that was arrested? Dey play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by 24SEVEN: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2023
NobleSeed:
Just dey play You hear.

The guy is lousy. I dey triple check names before I send money to any person.

The only time I nearly made a mistake was when someone I wanted to buy laptop from sent me a wrong account number. My gut instinct made me suspend the transaction and called him to verify the name I was seeing on my app. The guy screamed and shouted that it wasn't his account number. He substituted 2 digits and another name reflected.

Bottom line is patience. Never be in a hurry to transfer money.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do To Get My Money Back by ReacherSaidNoth: 7:06pm On Apr 20, 2023
Someone opened a serious thread and those two idiots are derailing it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ What Do Men Benefit From Marriage / 6 Things To Focus On As A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.