Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,578 members, 7,816,426 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

What Do Men Benefit From Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do Men Benefit From Marriage (1378 Views)

Man Absconds From Marriage Ceremony Over Incessant Demands / The Problem With Some Men That Is Delaying Them From Marriage / 6 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Tunde835(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2023
When women get married they get someone who provides for them, they have kids that grow up to provide also till their old age. When a man is married he only toils, sacrifices until when the day comes to get paid all the love and attention is diverted to the mother that's why men die earlier. Society doesn't care about men. So my question is why would a man get married?

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Wanbissaka: 2:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
Children 😂

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by taylor89(m): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2023
Omo
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by talented321: 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
Companion and d children.
Mind u is not all men that lose in marriage, the most important thing about marriage is the kind of bit*c u marry, her lifesyle mostly reflect in your chidren.
Observe you wife everyday if she is living the kind of life u want in your chidren, marriage is more than yansh and b**bs because women are good in poisoning chidren.
And if you want peace to reign don't marry one woman.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Justkatty(f): 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2023
Every measure you give to your child(ren) they grow to give you same measure at old age.
Don't be too far from them and don't be a deadbeat father and expect forgiveness in your old age.

Be wise
We still have children that doesn't joke with their father.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by JeffreyJunior: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2023
My friend is yet to finish the PhD thesis he started five years ago simply because he chose the topic "what do men benefit from marriage". grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by advanceDNA: 2:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Tunde835:
When women get married they get someone who provides for them, they have kids that grow up to provide also till their old age. When a man is married he only toils, sacrifices until when the day comes to get paid all the love and attention is diverted to the mother that's why men die earlier. Society doesn't care about men. So my question is why would a man get married?

Almost nothing......u are just a tool to be used by ur wife and children.... if the satisfaction of having children and a wife is enough you....go head and marry....

But hey.....u could be among the lucky few that will get a wife thats kind, makes her own money, and is supportive to help u grow ur dreams and life...

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by PerfectStranger(m): 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
Justkatty:
Every measure you give to your child(ren) they grow to give you same measure at old age.
Don't be too far from them and don't be a deadbeat father and expect forgiveness in your old age.

Be wise
We still have children that doesn't joke with their father.
This doesn't answer the question.

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2023
A) not all men marry for the same reasons... due to Nigerian society/culture, some dont care whether their wife provides anything or not. they just marry the 1st donkey they meet so that they can get their family/pastor/friends etc off their back with this marriage issue!
B) marriage is a partnership, if your "partner" brings nothing to the table then why marry her in the 1st place? sadly, today some women are bringing very little to the table and men are still rushing to marry these women. but instead of blaming these same women, you MUST blame the yeye blinded desperate fools who accept to marry these useless women (who bring nothing to the table).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Justkatty(f): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2023
PerfectStranger:

This doesn't answer the question.
Uncle if you do your well in taking your responsibilities as a man, you shall surely get the benefits.
I wouldn't want to go further.

2 Likes

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by zanshi: 4:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
Almost all the men i know neck deep into it, the thing dey lowkey drain them.

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Dshocker(m): 4:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
Bills upon bills

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by PerfectStranger(m): 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
Justkatty:
Uncle if you do your well in taking your responsibilities as a man, you shall surely get the benefits.
I wouldn't want to go further.
Madam thats the general benefits that is accrued to every good parent.

The question is what do men benefit specifically sad
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by KingDash09(m): 4:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
This guy don talk am finish.. them go use billing scatter person life, God help us men we dey try
Dshocker:
Bills upon bills

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Justkatty(f): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
PerfectStranger:

Madam thats the general benefits that is accrued to every good parent.

The question is what do men benefit specifically sad
So many things if only you will apply my first post on this.
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by zed7: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
Most of the people who grew up in single and dysfunctional homes are growing up to question marriage. Can't blame them, they never had the privilege of a proper home and a mentor.

Benefits of marriage to a man:

He has kids to call him father

Gets a woman to give up her name for his

He gets to have a loving family he can actually call his own.

Only a lazy man complains about providing for a woman who sacrifices her life for him and the kids who are his legacy.

A man gets companionship and sex in a committed and happy union like marriage.

When you grew up in a decent home and you in turn find a decent woman, you'll enjoy marriage as a man. Providing is the least concern of an ambitious man. What matters most is finding a woman who isn't ill mannered and a hôe.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by GeneralPula: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
My friend is yet to finish the PhD thesis he started five years ago simply because he chose the topic "what do men benefit from marriage". grin
Tell your friend he really has a long way to go..

The first man to ask the question asked in the year 503BC and up till now, there’s no answer..

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Cromagnon: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tunde835:
"legacy" is the excuse
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Karleb(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2023
zed7:
Most of the people who grew up in single and dysfunctional homes are growing up to question marriage. Can't blame them, they never had the privilege of a proper home and a mentor.

Benefits of marriage to a man:

He has kids to call him father

Gets a woman to give up her name for his

He gets to have a loving family he can actually call his own.

Only a lazy man complains about providing for a woman who sacrifices her life for him and the kids who are his legacy.

A man gets companionship and sex in a committed and happy union like marriage.

When you grew up in a decent home and you in turn find a decent woman, you'll enjoy marriage as a man. Providing is the least concern of an ambitious man. What matters most is finding a woman who isn't ill mannered and a hôe.

Your first paragraph is an unreasonable one.

The guy asked a legit question.
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Abolodje: 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tunde835:
So his ever loving and beautiful wife can con him of his money and possibly part with half his net worth while disrespecting but hey, she bore for him male kids so totally faircheesy
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Tunde835(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
Abolodje:

So his ever loving and beautiful wife can con him of his money and possibly part with half his net worth while disrespecting but hey, she bore for him male kids so totally faircheesy
Achraf Hakimi comes to mind. Some nairaland feminists were supporting his ex wife
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Abolodje: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
Tunde835:
Achraf Hakimi comes to mind. Some nairaland feminists were supporting his ex wife
Nairaland feminist are old retàrded cum bucket
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by PressyKcee: 12:50am On Jul 03, 2023
Funny to think only a man provides and sacrifices in marriage. Weird!
Tunde835:
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by earthsync(f): 9:09am On Jul 03, 2023
I guess men get married because they want a woman they can call theirs, a woman they want to settle down with and wants to be the mother of his children. A companion. Someone they want to build a home with.

The men here complaining are low IQ retards. Please if you know you don't want to get married then don't.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Nice2023(m): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2023
Tunde835:

When u guys grow to see the benefit in Marriage u will not talk like this anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Sandralight(f): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2023
Tunde835:

Most Men dont bond with their Children, that's why the children give more love to their mothers than fathers, and some Nigeria men are the worst, you will see in America where when the woman gives birth, the man will help in feeding and taking care of the baby but in Nigeria everything is left for the woman, even to change diaper the man cannot do it, they just think it's just to provide money but money is not love and affection.
The children grow up been more comfortable with their mothers even when the fathers comes home, all they do is Scold and treat the children like they are in a military camp "Have you done your assignment" " have you done this" " have you done that" the children can't even laugh with their dad or talk with their dad.
The child upbringing is left with the mothers so when the child grow up, he or she naturally focused more on the mother than the father because that who he loves more.
Fathers should remember that for love to be strong, it should be nurtured, just because you gave birth to the children doesn't mean they will love you like that if you dont nurtured the love.

There was one man that lost his wife and they had 2 little girls, one was 9 the other was 7, the man was working a very flexible job but still the man pack the children to stay with his dead wife siblings because he couldn't take care of his own children, so tell me if tomorrow the children are not close to their father, people will say Men dont get love and they are only money making machines

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Quadribabaalagb: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2023
We both gain nothing in the end but death

I be your number one herbs selling Manchi tho

1 Like

Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Tunde835(m): 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
A) not all men marry for the same reasons... due to Nigerian society/culture, some dont care whether their wife provides anything or not. they just marry the 1st donkey they meet so that they can get their family/pastor/friends etc off their back with this marriage issue!
B) marriage is a partnership, if your "partner" brings nothing to the table then why marry her in the 1st place? sadly, today some women are bringing very little to the table and men are still rushing to marry these women. but instead of blaming these same women, you MUST blame the yeye blinded desperate fools who accept to marry these useless women (who bring nothing to the table).
Or i could blame society for putting too much pressure on men or blame women for not bringing enough value
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Wanbissaka: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2023
Cc larry1960

No word from tora.jj yet

That aside

Good morning sir. I know you want to remain anonymous but Can we talk on Whatsapp?
I am a final year student appealing for a soft loan of 50k to finish my project defense due in 3 days. Due to cash restrictions I cannot defend on that day as I have no project to print out as I owe my supervisor who has refused to sign until I pay up. I would pay back the 50k in two trenches payment spread into 2 months. 25k a month sir 🤲🏻. Please help me as I cannot bear to have an extra year and pay school fees of over 80k and still get to waste one year. My WhatsApp no is on my signature sir. I would willingly drop all information as well as document to support my claim
Re: What Do Men Benefit From Marriage by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 21, 2023
Companionship, sex, partnership. Children, care, The list is endless. It also comes with a lot of challenges.. Marriage is worth all the stress if u end up with a fine person

(1) (Reply)

Red flag- my wife says I must stop going to viewing center or no food / "I Got Her Number, What's Next?" / Net Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.