Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest (5969 Views)

If Another Election Comes, I'll Still Vote Tinubu – Seyi Law / God Grant My Children Seyi Tinubu’s Character – Seyi Law Prays / Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by GreyLaw(m): 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2023
EraseTheDot:
I love the recent developments, na ibo go teach Yoruba what to do. Flogging them at polling units, throwing the lousy Eze in DSS prison, another was flogged at Oba Ibasa palace and now "Yoruba for Yoruba jobs", more to come. Even the woke Obidient Yoruba that wanted to sell their heritage to those strangers are now beginning to have a rethink seeing the demons in those strangers what Ahmadu Bello and Awolowo saw in those strangers before they were dealt with. No matter how good you accommodate them, they are never grateful until they get what belongs to you.

-erase the dot

You are primitive and grossly outdated. You Nigerians keep talking like mad men. Shame on you a thousand times. Yesterday some young Pakistani guy of 19 years came to meet me to talk to me about his invention which I know will take the world by storm in few years yet you clowns in Nigeria keep speaking like neanderthals.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by hardbody: 1:29pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is very serious and all the Yoruba leaders must listen to them before these Yoruba youths take laws into their own hands.

Unfortunately, this is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by the online mob of Mr Obi.

I respect their view and I hold a different opinion I know that most Yoruba hawks do not want to hear or accept because they want the Igbo out and sent back to Igboland after the manner the Igbo hated, mocked and disrespected the Yoruba during the 2023 elections.

In my opinion, the SW states must collaborate by reciprocity. Your Igbo state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get any opportunity in Yorubaland.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointments, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunitie in the SW are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collaborate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW that gained currency since 1999, there will be a more serious violent form of this current problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people.States are not for all comers. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of SE states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities. That is a sustainable way unless we want xenophobia in Yorubaland.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a political appointment to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

Igbo should not cheat Yoruba and Yoruba should not cheat Igbo.

Should we import non-easterners who only start and end their career sojourn in Ogbomosho to come to Iboland just to foster reciprocity? When some people in their lives have never and will never travel beyond Ibadan and Sagamu?

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Comelysync: 1:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is very serious and all the Yoruba leaders must listen to them before these Yoruba youths take laws into their own hands.

Unfortunately, this is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by the online mob of Mr Obi.

I respect their view and I hold a different opinion I know that most Yoruba hawks do not want to hear or accept because they want the Igbo out and sent back to Igboland after the manner the Igbo hated, mocked and disrespected the Yoruba during the 2023 elections.

In my opinion, the SW states must collaborate by reciprocity. Your Igbo state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get any opportunity in Yorubaland.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointments, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunitie in the SW are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collaborate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW that gained currency since 1999, there will be a more serious violent form of this current problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people.States are not for all comers. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of SE states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities. That is a sustainable way unless we want xenophobia in Yorubaland.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a political appointment to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

please stop disgracing Yorubas that support Tinubu... If its about what you are saying and it's applied 75% of all political appointees and elected Politicians that are Yorubas will not hold any position in Lagos but other SW states and Kwara and Kogi.
An Indian is currently the PM of UK, and you want to take us back to dark ages.
I will be happy has a Yoruba person to see Sanwó Olú appoint igbó, Edo, efik or even hausas as commissioners in Lagos to reflect the cosmopolitan nature of the state, everyone is contributing into and be the bigger state in that manner among other states, let's everyone have a sense of belonging, kudos to the management of the monorail awarding merit over nepotism or tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Comelysync: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2023
Armaggedon:
Given directives by who exactly? Not even a head of state under military regime can do it. There are three categories of people resident in Lagos. Indegenes, non indegenes and foreigners. All non indegenes have equal rights. No such thing as a Yoruba job. The more people from southwest exhibit hostile attitude towards fellow non indegenes from other parts of the country, the more they lose trust and jobs from establishments own by non indegenes.
The joke is on them.
please kindly disregard those non entities, we Yorubas will definitely scold them to behave like Omoluabi and be tolerance of your neighbors.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by hardbody: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
You really think the Yoruba care? The only part you missed and still missed is the symbolism of Asiwaju Tinubu. He is a Yoruba leader. If you are raised to insult, ridicule and disgrace your elders and leaders,the Yoruba are not raised that way.
You are naive if you do not know that any Yoruba supporting you is ethnic baiting you.
You crossed the line of Yoruba society decency the moment you started mocking and insulting Asiwaju. There is an Asiwaju in every Yoruba family and they do not mock, insult, denigrate and criminally defame an Asiwaju in Yoruba.
It is the symbolism in that individual you hate that caused this problem and your ignorance caused it.
It is no longer about Bola Ahmed Tinubu, it is the Yoruba defending their culture and society so that we do not have a culture of young men and women insulting their elders and Leaders like you have in your own land.
You are completely naive! The average Yoruba does not really care about your biafra or whatever because it adds nothing directly to us. You crossed a line by bringing a despicable culture of insulting elders and the Yoruba frown at it.

All my babes are from this part of Nigeria and I always knack them with hidden vengeance. Guess what? You can't stop them from forking me because I am good at what I do. I also work for a conglomerate owned by a son of the soil and guess what? I am so good at what I do that he will employ me 100 times over before talking to your people. Suck that up bro
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Christistruth03: 1:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
We agree that Lagos is not No man’s land

But this Protest is over the top

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by mrvitalis(m): 1:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
PulaPower:

These are private companies you're mentioning. This Sonia of a girl's job is a government job, not a private job. So it was private companies you people are using to brag? Was even thinking it is government works..

Nah only Igbos get private company? Mtchew..

Btw... Saplate energy is owned by Roger Thompson Brown! Not sure about the rest tho!
She works for a Chinese company that employed her based on merit ...lol Lagos state didn't employ her

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
They should give the guy Yoruba class to teach
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Christistruth03: 1:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ireportlive:
cool

She isn't working for Lagos State but CEECE and ones the contract is delivered her ass would be kicked back to Anambra

Ireportlive:
cool

She isn't working for Lagos State but CEECE and ones the contract is delivered her ass would be kicked back to Anambra

She (Tonia Somaga) is Working for Lagos State Blue Rail it has been Confirmed

CECC Has only one female Driver and her Name is Issa Abiola

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
mrvitalis:

She works for a Chinese company that employed her based on merit ...lol Lagos state didn't employ her
Ohk she’s good
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by aisha12345: 1:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
i swear let me tell you something this is not advert qoute me

Hey there, have you heard about strongmb.ng? It's the best site to buy data and airtime at incredibly cheap prices, and you can even become an agent and sell data to others. With strongmb.ng, you can enjoy the best rates on data and airtime and also make extra money by becoming an agent. The process is simple and straightforward, and you can sign up right away to get started. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to save money and make money at the same time. Visit strongmb.ng today and see for yourself!
refer name: AISHAAISHA

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Godons1: 1:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
PulaPower:

Which company is own by an Igbo man?

Drugs pushing is owned by them grin

2 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by walefresh3(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
Seefinish:
if this nonsense is not stop, some of us who employed Yoruba in our companies will have to sack them.
u must have 65 % yorubas in your company if u want to continue doing business in Yoruba land..

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by SIONKPO1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Unfortunately, this is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by Mr Obi and the uncouth Igbo online/real life mob of Mr Obi who curse, cyberbully, mock and criminally defame Yoruba and their elders/leader which is totally alien to Yoruba culture.

I respect the view of these Yoruba youths and I hold a different opinion once expressed here https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law I got backlash from my fellow Yoruba who believe they have had enough.

I know that most Yoruba hawks do not want to hear or accept because they want the Igbo out and sent back to Igboland after the manner the Igbo hated, mocked and disrespected the Yoruba during the 2023 elections.

Our resources and opportunities in Yorubaland are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

check my signature for free stuffs!
If only you know that most financial Institutions Staff are Yoruba,even in the South-East and south-South,laslas everybody go get sense
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by SIONKPO1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
Exclusive101:
You are the most foolish human on the face of the Earth. How many Yorubas work in the oil company in the Niger Delta ?

Most management staff in MOC are Yoruba
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by SIONKPO1(m): 2:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
I must say Pmb will not be the Worst President of Nigeria but BAT look at how some yoruba's are behaving even before BAT is sworn in.
Pmb has is shortcomings but he ensured that the interests of other Ethnic Groups in the North was not attacked.
I fear for Nigeria cause the Tension now so much and it may lead to militancy and ethnic crisis if not checked aggressively
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Tinububalls: 2:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Know thy enemy.

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by samsononyilo(m): 2:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
PulaPower:

Niger Delta is in SS, not SE. Igbos have no say over Niger delta..

Even tho, I personally want them free the girl. Anybody can make mistakes... But then, your likes are pathetic..

When Obi was sacking & sending away people from Anambra, did rain stopped falling?

They said yoruba jobs for yoruba people, means only yoruba people should be employed, so the ss can also say ss jobs for ss people and chase all the yorubas working in the oil companies there..
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 2:36pm On Apr 21, 2023
samsononyilo:

They said 90% of yoruba jobs for yoruba people, means 90% of yoruba people should be employed, so the ss can also say ss jobs for ss people and chase all the yorubas working in the oil companies there..
95% of those working in SS are people of niger delta.
Wrong or right?

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Benwallt(m): 2:37pm On Apr 21, 2023
Pandora and his headless mobs have destroyed this country under three months. Haba! Many DjSwitch everywhere. They use propaganda to destroy everything.

The girl should focus though and she should be protected by her employer because if they ended up tricking her into the east she may get killed by ESN or ugm.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by wahalawahala: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
Seefinish:
if this nonsense is not stop, some of us who employed Yoruba in our companies will have to sack them.
which company u get? 😂😂
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by wahalawahala: 3:03pm On Apr 21, 2023
samsononyilo:

They said yoruba jobs for yoruba people, means only yoruba people should be employed, so the ss can also say ss jobs for ss people and chase all the yorubas working in the oil companies there..
shutup! How many yorubas dey work fr Ss? Una go just come online dey drop lies, number of yorubas working in Ss is no where close to number of SS/SE ppl working in SW.. fact!

3 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by FreeStuffsNG: 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
Comelysync:
please kindly disregard those non entities, we Yorubas will definitely scold them to behave like Omoluabi and be tolerance of your neighbors.
You are not Yoruba wink Right from EndSars, I noticed that the resentment has grown more. Some of us are pushing for fair and sustainable relationship between the Yoruba and Igbo. Nobody should cheat each other. It is not sustainable when you keep your own jobs for your Igbo people alone and struggle with the Yoruba for the ones in their land, the way out is to reciprocate by giving them jobs in your Igboland too after all we are all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by OVB123: 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
PulaPower:

Niger Delta is in SS, not SE. Igbos have no say over Niger delta..

Even tho, I personally want them free the girl. Anybody can make mistakes... But then, your likes are pathetic..

When Obi was sacking & sending away people from Anambra, did rain stopped falling?
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by OVB123: 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2023
Draslo:

It only makes sense. We need decentralization fast. Make everybody develop their region themselves.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by samsononyilo(m): 3:30pm On Apr 21, 2023
wahalawahala:
shutup! How many yorubas dey work fr Ss? Una go just come online dey drop lies, number of yorubas working in Ss is no where close to number of SS ppl working in SW.. fact!

How would you know? You've never been to another state, and you'll probably never go out of your state..
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Tinubuderanged: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
I have never seen an Igbo woman selling agbo jeddi, so which job again is for yoruba?
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Exclusive101: 3:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
So a miserable soul like you supported the epic failure Jonathan n you are not ashame to disclose such ?!

BastadThiefnubu:
You also own the liberty to enjoy your foolishness until you become a direct victim and beneficiary of the foolishness and madness that you support.

This is how Northeners were supporting their people against Jonathan until Boko haram finished them.
Una go wise las las
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by paramakina202: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2023
Make una dey play, Yoruba will soon score an own goal. Watch out. You
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Tinubuderanged: 3:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The Tonia Somaga lady , being hailed by her fellow uncouth Igbo youth, who mocked, insulted and criminally defamed Asiwaju Tinubu was hired by LAMATA owned by LASG.

In Yoruba culture and tradition, you do not insult, mock, denigrate and criminally defame an elder or leader. This is not only about President-Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu but about the revered place of elders and leaders in Yoruba culture. We have an Asiwaju(Leader) in every Yoruba home and there is symbolism in that title and deeply sentimental place Asiwaju represents to every Yoruba whose family has an Asiwaju or who is currently an Asiwaju or one who hopes to one day be an elder and Asiwaju too.

Where Tonia hails from , their youths insult, mock and denigrate their elders and most of the time, get away with such obnoxiois behaviour but that horrible behavioir is not acceptable in Yorubaland. She has lost that job.

These Yoruba youths campaigning for a stop to the all-comers system in Yorubaland want a stop to the hiring of Igbo and non-Yoruba to especially the SW civil service like SE Igbo states do too. State Govts are not created for all comers so they are right; both the Igbo states and these Yoruba insisting that their own states must do same.

North did same too and it made the North develop rapidly. We are all Nigerians and that is why subnational level of govt like States and LGAs are strictly meant to prioritize their own people first. It is done everywhere in the world and that is the spirit in having sub national levels of govt.Prioritize your own people like SE states do.

In this video, https://m.facebook.com/pmnewsnigeria/videos/watch-a-1964-interview-of-sir-ahmadu-bello-the-premier-of-nigerias-northern-regi/852890945302036/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello admitted that it is the right thing to do and it is constitutional to prioritize your own people at sub national level of govt. It is wrong for sub national govts to hire and make it all comers, it is not good for democracy and peaceful coexistence between the visitors and their hosts. I was shocked to hear the perspective shared openly by the Sardauna. Today, we would have called it hate speech but he was stating that his priority is to Northerners because he is a Northern Govt Premier.

then why not divide the country so that every region will develop at it pace.
As far as we are still using the 1999 constitution which gives right to every Nigerian to live and work in anywhere he wants within the country, there is nothing these cowards will do. Come to the north and see millions of Yorubas working in government agencies in the north. Don't forget that the woman that won governor Zulum award for punctuality in the school was not a northerner. She is an Igbo woman.
Prepared to stop using their oil and gas.

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by nwadiuko1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2023
I think they should go ahead with the policy.....
People should work in companies owned by Thier people....since we all want to be mad at the same time

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Tinubuderanged: 3:57pm On Apr 21, 2023
This is what we call treason, this is the easiest way to set the country on fire. The police and Lai Muhammad will pretend as if they are not seeing this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are You At Surulere : What's The Traffic Like? / Sermon: What Garments Are You Wearing? **zechariah 3:1-4 & Revelation 19:7-8 / Amotekun: We’ve Broken Ties With Yoruba Nation.- Miyetti Allah.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.