Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest (5961 Views)

If Another Election Comes, I'll Still Vote Tinubu – Seyi Law / God Grant My Children Seyi Tinubu’s Character – Seyi Law Prays / Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by kc80: 10:44am On Apr 21, 2023
Comedian Oluwaseyitan Aletile, popularly known as Seyi Law, has expressed anger at the ongoing ‘Yoruba for Yoruba jobs’ protest in Southwest states.

Candidreporters.com gathered that Tonia Somaga, a graduate from Anambra State and a Labour Party, LP, supporter who drives one of the Lagos State blue rails, was called out by some residents, urging the Lagos State government to sack her, following her campaign for Peter Obi.

Reacting to the development in a tweet on Thursday, Seyi Law noted that the female train driver is an opportunity to preach peace and show that the All Progressives Congress, APC, is different.

Sharing a picture of a man with a ‘Yoruba Jobs for Yoruba People’ poster, Seyi Law described the trend as absolute madness, insisting he didn’t support the President-elect, Bola Tinubu, to see such a trend.

He wrote: “This is absolute madness. I did not support ASIWAJU to see these things. Are you saying even the companies owned by non-Yoruba should do the same, or just those owned by Yorubas? Either way, this is wrong, so let’s stop promoting rubbish in the name of anger.

“The train girl was an opportunity to preach peace and show we are different. I’m not belittling your anger, but we must learn to compromise for the collective peace we crave. You can respect your tribe without denigrating another. Please, let’s sheath our swords.

CLICK THE LINK TO CONTINUE READING
https://candidreporters.com/yoruba-for-jobs-seyi-law-expresses-anger-over-brewing-protest/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Makers49: 10:46am On Apr 21, 2023
Yoruba jobs for Yoruba in a company belonging to an igbo man,nawa oh

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by FreeStuffsNG: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2023
Hmmm. This is very serious and all the Yoruba leaders must listen to them before these Yoruba youths take laws into their own hands.

Unfortunately, this is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by Mr Obi and the uncouth Igbo online/real life mob of Mr Obi who curse, cyberbully, mock and criminally defame Yoruba and their elders/leader which is totally alien to Yoruba culture.

I respect the view of these Yoruba youths and I hold a different opinion once expressed here https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law I got backlash from my fellow Yoruba who believe they have had enough.

I know that most Yoruba hawks do not want to hear or accept because they want the Igbo out and sent back to Igboland after the manner the Igbo hated, mocked and disrespected the Yoruba during the 2023 elections.

In my opinion, the SW states must collaborate by reciprocity. Your Igbo state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get any opportunity in Yorubaland.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointments, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunities in Yorubaland are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collaborate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW that gained currency since 1999, there will be a more serious violent form of this current problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people.States are not for all comers. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of SE states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities. That is a sustainable way unless we want xenophobia in Yorubaland.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a political appointment to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

Igbo should not cheat Yoruba and Yoruba should not cheat Igbo.
check my signature for free stuffs!

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 10:48am On Apr 21, 2023
Not bad. They should just free the girl..

All her ethnic slurs must be due to she was misinformed. Majority of them were misinformed..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 10:49am On Apr 21, 2023
Makers49:
Which company is own by an Igbo man?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PrinceofSarcasm: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by the online mob of Mr Obi

This is one of them I was talking about

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by FreeStuffsNG: 10:50am On Apr 21, 2023
Makers49:
The Tonia Somaga lady , being hailed by her fellow uncouth Igbo youth, who mocked, insulted and criminally defamed Asiwaju Tinubu was hired by LAMATA owned by LASG.

In Yoruba culture and tradition, you do not insult, mock, denigrate and criminally defame an elder or leader. This is not only about President-Elect Bola Ahmed Tinubu but about the revered place of elders and leaders in Yoruba culture. We have an Asiwaju(Leader) in every Yoruba home and there is symbolism in that title and deeply sentimental place Asiwaju represents to every Yoruba whose family has an Asiwaju or who is currently an Asiwaju or one who hopes to one day be an elder and Asiwaju too.

Where Tonia hails from , their youths insult, mock and denigrate their elders and most of the time, get away with such obnoxiois behaviour but that horrible behavioir is not acceptable in Yorubaland. She has lost that job.

These Yoruba youths campaigning for a stop to the all-comers system in Yorubaland want a stop to the hiring of Igbo and non-Yoruba to especially the SW civil service like SE Igbo states do too. State Govts are not created for all comers so they are right; both the Igbo states and these Yoruba insisting that their own states must do same.

North did same too and it made the North develop rapidly. We are all Nigerians and that is why subnational level of govt like States and LGAs are strictly meant to prioritize their own people first. It is done everywhere in the world and that is the spirit in having sub national levels of govt.Prioritize your own people like SE states do.

In this video, https://m.facebook.com/pmnewsnigeria/videos/watch-a-1964-interview-of-sir-ahmadu-bello-the-premier-of-nigerias-northern-regi/852890945302036/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_odAy4rVz8

Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Bello admitted that it is the right thing to do and it is constitutional to prioritize your own people at sub national level of govt. It is wrong for sub national govts to hire and make it all comers, it is not good for democracy and peaceful coexistence between the visitors and their hosts. I was shocked to hear the perspective shared openly by the Sardauna. Today, we would have called it hate speech but he was stating that his priority is to Northerners because he is a Northern Govt Premier.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 10:51am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by the online mob of Mr Obi
Including Obi himself..

They’re all agent of division but God pass them all..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 10:52am On Apr 21, 2023
BastadThiefnubu:
Those foolish mofos should also campaign for their folks to vacate all the oil companies in the Niger Delta and stop enjoying proceeds from oil.
I wish they had any atom of sense to realise that they will be the hardest hit when their foolishness gives birth to what they didn't bargain for.
Mumus of the highest order!
Niger Delta is in SS, not SE. Igbos have no say over Niger delta..

Even tho, I personally want them free the girl. Anybody can make mistakes... But then, your likes are pathetic..

When Obi was sacking & sending away people from Anambra, did rain stopped falling?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Exclusive101: 10:53am On Apr 21, 2023
You are the most foolish human on the face of the Earth. How many Yorubas work in the oil company in the Niger Delta ?

BastadThiefnubu:
Those foolish mofos should also campaign for their folks to vacate all the oil companies in the Niger Delta and stop enjoying proceeds from oil.
I wish they had any atom of sense to realise that they will be the hardest hit when their foolishness gives birth to what they didn't bargain for.
Mumus of the highest order!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Ireportlive: 10:53am On Apr 21, 2023
cool

She isn't working for Lagos State but CEECE and ones the contract is delivered her ass would be kicked back to Anambra

5 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by wahalawahala: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2023
Makers49:
hello! citizen of the delusional republic of Biafrra... who dey always feed una with all this crap?😂

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Draslo(m): 11:00am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The Tonia Somaga lady who mocked, insulted and criminally defamed Asiwaju Tinubu was hired by LAMATA owned by LASG. They want a stop to hiring Igbo and non-Yoruba to thd SW civil service like SE states do too.
It only makes sense. We need decentralization fast. Make everybody develop their region themselves.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Ihateheadslamer: 11:01am On Apr 21, 2023
Meanwhile, tribalism is the major reason why Nigeria is not progressing tongue
wahalawahala:
hello! citizen of the delusional republic of Biafrra... who dey always feed una with all this crap?😂

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by MrBiGGEST(m): 11:02am On Apr 21, 2023
Seeing things like this pisses me off!! Whoever organised this protest should be arrested and locked up.
Clearly this is not the interest of Yoruba people.

Òjú ò tíenkin tì awon pipu yii sha, who ever assembled this folks should be reprimanded.

3 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by ambale(m): 11:08am On Apr 21, 2023
When the dividend of the nonsense tribal game you guys played fully manifest henn

You go leave English

Nonsense and isiewu

5 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by LesbianBoy(m): 11:11am On Apr 21, 2023
Werey dey disguise but deep down he is happy about such development.

As for the animal with that poster, make him dey play. If every part of nigeria decide to do same, his tribalistic eye will open undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by tony0806: 11:16am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by the online mob of Mr Obi.

I hold a different opinion; the SW state must collaborate by reciprocity.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointmentd, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunitiea in the SW are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collabirate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW, there will be a serious problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a job to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

Se as you are talking as if you are sitting with the part of your brain used for reasoning. Then the owner of the phone you used in typing this rubbish should collect it and then, allow you to use the one you manufacture in your "Yoruba land" abi? Awon ikoñ ma ro nu bi iKon mi

13 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Exclusive101: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2023
We shall see.

BastadThiefnubu:
Supporter and defender of evil, brainless ritualist cum agbero!
You are the single most worthless scumbag in the world that has ever been given birth to.
How would you know that a number of your folks are working in oil companies in the Niger Delta when you barely leave that your filthy ibadam and Oshogbo village for other places?
You people are bargaining for what you will regret when it happens, I believe you are ready.

This same foolish is why you supported a drug lord to rule Nigeria.
Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Seefinish: 11:18am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Hmmm. This is the fallout of the most toxic form of divisive tribal/religious campaign by the online mob of Mr Obi.

I hold a different opinion; the SW state must collaborate by reciprocity. Your state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get the opportunity in Yorubaland.

Southwest states must give jobs , land cofo, political apoointmentd, admission, contracts etc to ONLY indigenes of states that have given same opportunities to the Yoruba living in their land.

Our resources and opportunitiea in the SW are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

Only those states that can collabirate with us by reciprocity genuinely desire our progress.

If we do not do something fast about our all comers approach to opportunities in Lagos and SW, there will be a serious problem in the future.

States are subnational level of govt and their 1st priority is to their own people. It then means if you now want to give opportunities to Igbo, you need to give only to indigenes of states giving your indigenes and the Yoruba living on their land same opportunities.

Since 1999, no single Igbo states has given a job to Yoruba whereas a state like Kaduna has done so. We should collaborate by reciprocation with Kaduna by giving their indigenes jobs over indigenes of a SE state for justice, equity and fair play.

if this nonsense is not stop, some of us who employed Yoruba in our companies will have to sack them.

6 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by LesbianBoy(m): 11:20am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Sometimes when I see comments like these from people like you I wonder if you guys are cruising or you are being serious.

Even a kid knows that tinubu ambition has divided our country so bad that it may take over 100 years to repair. angry

The kind of politics he played from 2012 (a year after Jonathan a MINORITY south south person took over as president) till date is a disaster. Yet people like you mischievously want to put it on peter obi.

13 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Mindlog: 11:25am On Apr 21, 2023
There are over 10,000 private schools in Lagos state.....combining the number of teaching staff in all those schools , it is more populated by non-Yorubas....I am imagining these schools be given directives to employ and have 90% of their teachers to be Yorubas! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

FreeStuffsNG:

North did same too and it made the North develop rapidly.

North did same too and have developed rapidly, so rapidly that at present a child from Zamfara State only need score 2 marks to get admitted into a Federal government college while a child from Imo state who scores 132 is considered to have failed! But down the line, going by JAMB's admission record, Imo state continued its leadership of the chart in 2013 with 2,395 students admitted to study Medicine while during the same 2013. Zamfara had 117 students who got admitted to study Medicine.......Set awon rapid development isonu! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 11:26am On Apr 21, 2023
Seefinish:
if this nonsense is not stop, some of us who employed Yoruba in our companies will have to sack them.
Did the Yoruba working in your companies used ethnic slur against your people?

The Sonia girl, her work isn’t even a private company job, but here you’re, deviating from the truth..

But your company your choice tho. Sack them all your want. Same would be done in return for your people. *If you do me, I do you Man no go vex* Nah Psquare sing ham..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by LesbianBoy(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2023
Mindlog:
There are over 10,000 private schools in Lagos state.....combining the number of teaching staff in all those schools , it is more populated by non-Yorubas....I am imagining these schools be given directives to employ and have 90% of their teachers to be Yorubas! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now since we are imagining things, can we also imagine that the top companies and banks all over Nigeria infact let's just even stick to just Lagos owed by igbos and south south people should also be employing just igbos and south south, do you know what that will do to the yorubas? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by BastadThiefnubu: 11:28am On Apr 21, 2023
Exclusive101:
We shall see.

Yes we shall! when the outcome of your foolishness triggers a depletion of the oil revenue that your parasitic yoruba states enjoy and you ignoramuses start mining more skulls of your miserable people.

U think u are doin us? Una go get sense oneday.

2 Likes

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by FreeStuffsNG: 11:29am On Apr 21, 2023
Seefinish:
If you sack them then you have sacked the future of your business. They will ensure your business dies so that a non bigot will come in to that business.

Anyone who hates the Yoruba and lives on Yorubaland will never be blessed by Yorubaland.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by Exclusive101: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2023
Bro you own the freedom n monopoly to wail to death please proceed with all pleasure.

BastadThiefnubu:
Yes we shall! when the outcome of your foolishness triggers a depletion of the oil revenue that your parasitic yoruba states enjoy and you ignoramuses start mining more skulls of your miserable people.

U think u are doin us? Una go get sense oneday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by PulaPower: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2023
LesbianBoy:

Sometimes when I see comments like these from people like you I wonder if you guys are cruising or you are being serious.

Even a kid knows that tinubu ambition has divided our country so bad that it may take over 100 years to repair. angry

The kind of politics he played from 2015 till date is a disaster. Yet people like you mischievously want to put it on peter obi.
Unfortunately for you, your biased opinion can’t change the truth about tinubu. When he was a Governor, he even worked with Igbos in his cabinet... For you to know that tinubu is the last person you can blackmail with division.

What position did tinubu contest for in 2015? If not for that you just wanna hate cuz hatred lives in you..

And as per Obi, he has always been an agent of division & discrimination right from Anambra. Obi even discriminate against his fellow Igbos, how much more non-Igbos..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by BastadThiefnubu: 11:30am On Apr 21, 2023
LesbianBoy:

Now since we are imagining things, can we also imagine that the top companies and banks all over Nigeria infact let's just even stick to just Lagos should also be employing just igbos and south south do you know what will do to the yorubas? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
These lazy and brainless things don't reason at all so how do you expect him to know this?

1 Like

Re: YORUBA FOR JOBS: Seyi Law Expresses Anger Over Brewing Protest by DatNiggaDaz: 11:31am On Apr 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I hold a different opinion; the SW state must collaborate by reciprocity. Your state of origin must have given same opportunity to Yoruba in their land before you can get any opportunity in Yorubaland.

Our resources and opportunitie in the SW are finite and the more others come in and are given, the more the Yoruba may likely resent such a system.

You need help bro

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"GOD BLESS NIGERIA" Prayer for Nigeria @51 / Bombings: Sanusi’s Donations Spark Row In House Of Reps / Enroute Ebonyi From Enugu (lets See If They Are Backward As Purported)- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.