Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,485 members, 7,857,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 02:56 AM

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense (37234 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West / Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by DoxxAnon: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2023
This statistic makes no sense because it relies on the land area of the zones.

It will be skewed to favour regions with very large land area.

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Highremedy: 8:17am On Apr 22, 2023
Coldie:

SE has a higher population density, do u need a soothsayer to tell u this?

An average person from other regions have a higher disposable income than an average Easterner.

There are something's I just don't want to say here because am an Igbo man as they say do they say don't wash ur dirty linens outside
I don't understand what you meant by disposable here, that stat is talking about Multidimensional Poverty per square mile. Do you really know
what Multidimensional Poverty means??

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by 07kjb: 8:20am On Apr 22, 2023
The pusher and the OP of this topic are all mad

A region were bungalows are becoming a thing of the past is the poorest in NIGERIA, maybe NIGERIA have become Singapore or Switzerland.fools
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by detectivejones: 8:24am On Apr 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I disagree with this report.

Last time I checked, SE plays host to the highest number of billionaires in the world.

Based on ipob bureau of statistics, the SE has 970 billionaires per square centimetre.
grin You're not nice atal
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by kolexy(m): 8:32am On Apr 22, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Why not calculate it per capita?

When you calculate it per capita, which is what really matter, you will notice that poverty is far less in the SE

You are spot on. This only shows how small the South East is in terms of land mass, nothing more. The Norhj East is the poorest region in Nigeria - there is no controversy about this.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by BeanX(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Some persons will just sit in front of their laptops and churn out unverifiable data or statistics. If you want to see and feel poverty in Nigeria, then head to the Northern part of this country and you will be shocked at the level of poverty there.
You haven't been to the North before and you are typing trash,,,the Northerners are richer than South easterners,,the only thing is that they don't make too much noise about their wealth..

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

wetin you be then....??
south african....??
Nigeria still has minority ethic groups, bro.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by pocom16: 8:50am On Apr 22, 2023
This is false
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by pocom16: 8:51am On Apr 22, 2023
BeanX:
You haven't been to the North before and you are typing trash,,,the Northerners are richer than South easterners,,the only thing is that they don't make too much noise about their wealth..
I am in the north sir .

Northerners are the poorest set of people in all Africa
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by BeanX(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2023
pocom16:

I am in the north sir .

Northerners are the poorest set of people in all Africa
Have u been the whole Northern states to conclude? don't use only one state as a yardstick to judge other states.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by fortunechy(m): 8:59am On Apr 22, 2023
A poor man in the East is richer than richest man both north and west...

If u don't like my comment go to court.

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by almarthins(m): 9:02am On Apr 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Last time I checked, SE plays host to the highest number of billionaires in the world.

Based on ipob bureau of statistics, the SE has 970 billionaires per square centimetre.

Me too, how can a tiny dot have so.much poor people?

I no believe !
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by pocom16: 9:04am On Apr 22, 2023
BeanX:
Have u been the whole Northern states to conclude? don't use only one state as a yardstick to judge other states.

I have been to a lot of northern states including..

If there are a lot of poor people in Kano, Kaduna, benue, kogi, niger... I don't expect less from other least developed northern states..

The north is poor..there is no need to sugar coat

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by kenex4ever(m): 9:04am On Apr 22, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Lol.
If d statistics had praised lgb0s, u will accept it.
The question is, who did the statistics and how did they get their data??
Go to towns in the East and try to count the number of Poor families or beggers.

North is poverty capital while SW is begger's quarters.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Praktikals1000: 9:26am On Apr 22, 2023
Rikze:
The list was rigged
Go to court tongue
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by ransomed: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2023
By the volume of Almajiri shall you know the level of their poverty.
They still came on Friday that coincided with Eid.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Ate247(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2023
The stat might be right. But what has poverty rating got to do with square mile. The whole south eastern region is not even up to half of some some state in the north by land mass. So why the useless statistics and of what use is it.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Cooly100: 9:50am On Apr 22, 2023
BeanX:

So why do the north receive all form of poverty assistance than any region in Nigeria?

Is it not extreme wickedness to give more to the rich than the poor?

I don't know if this is about bla*k people, but the reasoning is beyond comprehension.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Oludara202: 10:17am On Apr 22, 2023
mployer:
The whole land mass in south east is not up to Niger State.

South east has large number of people per square mile. This stat is totally useless.

The stat is not useless, the intention is to confuse the already confused ones who have chosen to suffer for another 8years.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Cooly100: 10:27am On Apr 22, 2023
Oludara202:

The stat is not useless, the intention is to confuse the already confused ones who have chosen to suffer for another 8years.

The stat is absolutely useless.

When will they use per compound, per household?

This is not even my problem.

My problem is for the clueless FG to use the data to push support to the region mostly affected by their own poverty stat, which they are deliberately avoiding.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Igboslayer: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2023
georgeakins:

It is in the interest of Nigeria if ibos are allowed to go.
They constitute nuisance everywhere.

They sabotage the economy and destroy the image of Nigeria.
Honestly, I wish they can just release them, their wahala is too much haba… na only them?

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Twistaray(m): 10:49am On Apr 22, 2023
post=122669632:

Yoruba people you guys are something else, so with this South region has the poorest people in the country grin grin Southwest now third poorest region in the country while North has least poverty grin grin see what hate is doing to you guys grin grin

Oya go conduct yaa own now. grin

He pained am well well. grin
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:06am On Apr 22, 2023
Twistaray:

Oya go conduct yaa own now. grin

He pained am well well. grin
You are only empty not to understand the report, it clearly show that South-east has least poverty prevalence and Northeast and Northwest with higher poverty

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Otobong3374(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2023
Poster, U Are Lying, Okay? I'm Not From South East But The Second Richest Region In Nigeria Is South East.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by kaludestiny10(m): 11:15am On Apr 22, 2023
Hahaha, you are funny my brother. Majority of northerners are poor. I spent six years in the northern part of Nigeria. I actually returned back to the south three years ago. So male we leave matter for Matthias
BeanX:

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Twistaray(m): 11:20am On Apr 22, 2023
post=122673788:

You are only empty not to understand the report, it clearly show that South-east has least poverty prevalence and Northeast and Northwest with higher poverty

Hahaha haha. You have another English version of your own. You must be living in mars. Thread is talking after per region this one is bring one old and news outlet info.
No details analyses just insult.

Oga, manage the pain, you will be alright las las. grin
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by peter0071(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2023
English na your mate?? so u meant that SE is more populated that NE, NW and other states?? lastly, the poster never mentioned anything about most rich... biko go and verify
Wainey:
ona problem be say ona no Sabi English.
The report says per square mile considering how densely populated the SE region is, they will have the most poor people and the most rich people too
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by willibounce1(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Don't forget they also own 99% of properties in Africa. cheesy
They deverope Eulope, Amelica, Austlaria/Australalsia grin

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by MSGAMBLE9: 11:42am On Apr 22, 2023
post=122669967:

Can you remind me the latest number of registered voters in states in Nigeria I hope you know minus Lagos which numbers are made up by all tribes South-east registered voters are more than Southwest
Cold chest-beating again...this is voters register by region in 2023 according to INEC, the East is somehow last on the list again

https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1513975-inec-final-list-region-state-by-state-breakdown-registered-voters-details/

East is a Poor region with one-way migration.

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:42am On Apr 22, 2023
Twistaray:

Hahaha haha. You have another English version of your own. You must be living in mars. Thread is talking after per region this one is bring one old and news outlet info.
No details analyses just insult.

Oga, manage the pain, you will be alright las las. grin
Empty brain open this link to read the full report multi dimensional poverty rate
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/news/78#:~:text=Highlights%20of%20the%202022%20Multidimensional,million%20people)%20are%20multidimensionally%20poor.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:43am On Apr 22, 2023
MSGAMBLE9:
Cold chest-beating again...this is voters register by region in 2023 according to INEC, the East is somehow last on the list again

https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1513975-inec-final-list-region-state-by-state-breakdown-registered-voters-details/

East is a Poor region with one-way migration.
Ewedu brain minus Lagos that account for all tribes voters, South-East top west
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by MSGAMBLE9: 11:44am On Apr 22, 2023
tsdarkside:

that una believed obi could win realy baffled me....
what type of phantasy lalaland una even live in sef....??

stolen mandate....??
seriously....
they have least registered voters yet they wan produce President...

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Protest as DSS fails to release Sowore / Sit-at-home: Ipob/esn’s Ogbunigwe Injures 5 Soldiers, 2 Policemen / Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.