Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,235 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense (36979 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West / Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
localbreed:
SE has the largest population density (followed by South south) in Nigeria .

So even if you check it by richest region per square miles, It will still be in that order .
entire south east is not up to half of borno state

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
grin

LeoDeKing:
I disagree with this report.

Last time I checked, SE plays host to the highest number of billionaires in the world.

Based on ipob bureau of statistics, the SE has 970 billionaires per square centimetre.

SMH grin

They’re coming for you

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by mechanics(m): 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2023
I don't agree with this analysis.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Chetas81(m): 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2023
Maybe this person taking weeds
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Why not calculate it per capita?

When you calculate it per capita, which is what really matter, you will notice that poverty is far less in the SE

Per capita? You’re calculating individual incomes per capita? Haba! Which economic theory is this? It’s private income not public wealth. I tire o

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by gidgiddy: 10:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
tsdarkside:

that you even think any none igbo tribe want to join you in biafra is bizarre.... undecided undecided
its either you go only with your south eastern states or you going nowhere....

believe me,everybody is tired of una....
many would prefer when you go....
but your demands is not acceptable to none igbo tribes....

That you think you can speak for any tribe outside your own is what is bizarre.

Thats why you unity beggars dont want referendum where all tribes can speak for themselves
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by colestephan86: 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
FuglyGurl:

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1649412439958495233?t=vuwzQ53fjy2fvynMert9gQ&s=19
I am a south westerner, but I disagree with this stat.
South east has the smallest land area and so more people are clustered in a small space.
These order of arrangement shows the size of land area they occupy, north east has the largest land area and so their population is very dispersed , if you pick 1000 persons at random from the top 5 local government from each zones one would see that the north will lag behind
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tete7000(m): 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2023
mployer:
The whole land mass in south east is not up to Niger State.

South east has large number of people per square mile. This stat is totally useless.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by obyno82: 10:59pm On Apr 21, 2023
Draslo:

The report is right. Because the north has vast uninhibited landmass

The report is not right and it is not a determining factor because if we go by landmass the east is the smallest. If the data was expressed as the ratio per total population then it makes sense. See leave bias and hatred, that report is BS. There was a survey made by a company that sells electrical accessories MINITSIO they have an outlet in Kano. They discovered that for 2022 they had one million visits in Kano and out of that number they only got 100k purchases. In contrast to their store in Enugu that had 500k visits and out of that number 300k made purchases. That alone is a clear indicator where the poverty is based on purchasing power.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by noah91(m): 11:00pm On Apr 21, 2023
This is true representation of that stat. This is in proportion

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

That you think you can speak for any tribe outside your own is what is bizarre.

Thats why you unity beggars dont want referendum where all tribes can speak for themselves

oohh,i can....your behaviour towards others is crazy....
i dont even understand what northerners do una to always be insultin them....
rich,poor....??

yorubas are fed up now too,proclaimin no igbo should be givin jobs in sw....
deltans you pissed off with your attache by force....

who is left....??

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by ClearFlair: 11:02pm On Apr 21, 2023
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Akungitit: 11:03pm On Apr 21, 2023
We know that,why do you think they're all running away to other zones so they don't die of hunger?
Go to every state in Nigeria you will see IPOB people selling pure water and Gala bread.
Na dem poor pass but na dem de boast about money pass.
Watch how they're going to come on this post to boast about how they have money,the people are very delusional 😂🤣

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Josh109: 11:05pm On Apr 21, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
But how come we don't see south easterners in other states lined up on the main road with Calabash begging for change?
its because south easterners are international skilled beggers.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by shortgun(m): 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
Majority of comments on this thread is a reflection of what is wrong with this country, many brain dead people who lack the ability to process basic information roaming around the length and breadth of the country with empty skulls.

No wonder many of them are poor and needy.
How on earth will someone read this and conclude that the south east is the poorest region in the country?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by OmoEpe(m): 11:06pm On Apr 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I disagree with this report.

Last time I checked, SE plays host to the highest number of billionaires in the world.

Based on ipob bureau of statistics, the SE has 970 billionaires per square centimetre.
You guys are so dumb. You practically live in a n illusion you've created for yourselves
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Alpharey: 11:07pm On Apr 21, 2023
I like where they wrote Southern Nigeria 629.
Northern Nigeria 300. You can now judge for yourself. 😂😂😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2023
shortgun:
Majority of comments on this thread is a reflection of what is wrong with this country, many brain dead people who lack the ability to process basic information roaming around the length and breadth of the country with empty skulls.

No wonder many of them are poor and needy.
How on earth will someone read this and conclude that the south east is the poorest region in the country?

una poor joor....everywhere scammin or beggin....

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Holav(m): 11:08pm On Apr 21, 2023
grin grin
Hezzyluv:
Lol...

Let me join that Monica falselprophet to say....

I see this not going down well with some people

I see some persons from one region having huge relief about this statistics.

I see some people about to slam this report.

I see some dragging Tinubu and Peter Obi's blockoz on top this matter.

This I have seen. grin

Modified...

I I knew it and I prophesied right. grin
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by obailala(m): 11:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Some persons will just sit in front of their laptops and churn out unverifiable data or statistics. If you want to see and feel poverty in Nigeria, then head to the Northern part of this country and you will be shocked at the level of poverty there.
The data actually seems correct. It only seems strange cos of the way it was presented. Presenting poverty statistics per square mile is quite tricky, especially when you consider the tiny landmass of the SE.

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Alpharey: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2023
This is just like saying,, 100 persons in a room, 12 are poor vs 90 persons in a room 10 are poor. You can judge for yourself. Baseless statistics. Anything to spite the hardworking and enterprising Igbos in Nigeria is welcome

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by rdokoye: 11:13pm On Apr 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Which one is per capita again? They are talking of poor people per area you are talking about per capita just to continue deceiving yourself.

Why not apply same per capita to calculate for the whole of Nigeria?

You can go hide behind per capita to continue deceiving yourself.

The SE is the most densely populated region in Nigeria, so naturally, it'd have more poor people per square mile. That's just common sense.

If you have 10 million people living in London, with a poverty rate of 10% and 10 million people living in the Netherlands with a poverty rate of 10%. Guess what...London would have a higher poverty rate per square mile, even though both places have the same amount of poor.

That statistic is totally pointless. It doesn't prove anything, outside of showing that SE is the most urbanised part of the country.

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Alpharey: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
Akungitit:
We know that,why do you think they're all running away to other zones so they don't die of hunger?
Go to every state in Nigeria you will see IPOB people selling pure water and Gala bread.
Na dem poor pass but na dem de boast about money pass.
Watch how they're going to come on this post to boast about how they have money,the people are very delusional 😂🤣

Olodo. Even this article is saying opposite of what you are vomiting here.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2023
Alpharey:
This is just like saying,, 100 persons in a room, 12 are poor vs 90 persons in a room 10 are poor. You can judge for yourself. Baseless statistics. Anything to spite the hardworking and enterprising Igbos in Nigeria is welcome

hardworkin my foot....2x2 shops he calls hardworkin....

why ghana put such a high tax on shops....??
una think we dont know....??

you tried your 2x2 business in ghana too and they got fed up....

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Alpharey: 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2023
tsdarkside:

hardworkin my foot....2x2 shops he calls hardworkin....

why ghana put such a high tax on shops....??
una think we dont know....??

you tried your 2x2 business in ghana too and they got fed up....

I think you are actually using the DARKSIDE of your brain, really. Your name fit you

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Bouncing2(m): 11:20pm On Apr 21, 2023
Poor list..

Everyone knows that's a blatant lie from the pit of hell!..

Fair enough,,i've been in every geopolitical zone in Nigeria and I'll proudly beat my chest and tell that the Igbos have the best quality of life and most middle class homes in Nigeria,,

You wanna see poverty!!?
Move to the North.

The data might be correct though,,
South East has a smaller land area compared to other zones,,
So the square mile shiit is correct when you check the population of peeps living in this region.
South East is densely populated!.
But that also goes to show how urbanized the area is.

Poverty remains in the North!.
*Let's end the hullabaloo and steady beating about the bush!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Alpharey:

I think you are actually using the DARKSIDE of your brain, really. Your name fit you

thx....i am darkside but am not evil....kiki....

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Father0fjesus: 11:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
The landmass is too small, it's understandable
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Alpharey: 11:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
tsdarkside:

thx....i am darkside but am not evil....kiki....

Evil is always associated with darkness. Am not surprised
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2023
Father0fjesus:
The landmass is too small, it's understandable

you guys are alot of fun....
i don laugh tire....

twitter blue sticks....kiki....
balablublu....
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2023
Alpharey:

how is darkness evil....??
wetin darkness do you....??

light is evil....
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
Alpharey:

think over this....when a nuclear bomb lands,what happens....??
bright light and bum....tell me which is evil now....

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Ukraine Confirms Export Of Weapons To Nigeria In Fight Against Boko Haram (Pic) / Oby Ezekwesili And Toni Payne Fight Dirty On Twitter... Read Why / Shettima Leaves Polling Unit Over Absence Of INEC Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.