Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense (37007 Views)

Dapo Abiodun: Ogun State Has Highest Number Of Yahoo Yahoo Boys / South-East 'Has A Strong Case' But Atiku’s Running Mate To Come From South-West / Lagos State Has Highest Foreign Debt In The Country- DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Trojan8(m): 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
OP is right. South East region has the smallest landmass in the whole of Nigeria..

They are producing like rabbits, but their land is too small to contain them, so they move on to other places to constitute nuisance.

You are from the North accusing another region of producing like rabbits. Imagine the irony of your statement

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Wainey: 9:32pm On Apr 21, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Some persons will just sit in front of their laptops and churn out unverifiable data or statistics. If you want to see and feel poverty in Nigeria, then head to the Northern part of this country and you will be shocked at the level of poverty there.
That is per square mile and it's not in percentage of people.
Lagos and Anambra should have the poorest people per square mile and should arguably also have the richest people per square mile.

The SE is the most densely populated region in the country so it's safe to say they will have lots of people in every category.
Population density matters here
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by GetSenseNow: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
tsdarkside:

why should i like money....??
In that case, may poverty follow you for the rest of your life
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by chatinent: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2023
Lol
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by WelcomeToBiafra: 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2023
OfoIgbo:
Why not calculate it per capita?

When you calculate it per capita, which is what really matter, you will notice that poverty is far less in the SE

Maybe Nigerian security extortion of Biafrans have reduced to 00.00001%, because of Biafra liberation force campaigns to set Biafrans free from terrorist state of Nigeria.

Extortion revenues by Nigeria checking points are very poor now.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2023
What sort of yeye statistic is this? The South East has less land, so it's normal they have more people per square mile. So how does the size of a state relate with poverty? A state like Niger will easily have less poverty if you're counting this way.
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Wainey: 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2023
peter0071:
Jokers... with with the massive influx of the Almajiris into the West and other parts of the country, hatred for the Igbos will not allow someone have rest of mind... continue with your fake reports while Igbos and others continue enjoying great wealth.
ona problem be say ona no Sabi English.
The report says per square mile considering how densely populated the SE region is, they will have the most poor people and the most rich people too

2 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by aariwa(m): 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2023
Agbado data from latif morufudeen
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Phoen1X: 9:39pm On Apr 21, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

Funny IPOB map. So SS is now part of South East grin
So, godwin emefiele and kaduna nzeogwu are igbos ?
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2023
GetSenseNow:

In that case, may poverty follow you for the rest of your life

what is poverty....??
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by benji93: 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2023
This stat is not useful though. Poverty is a function of the well-being of the people, not the land.
FuglyGurl:

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1649412439958495233?t=vuwzQ53fjy2fvynMert9gQ&s=19
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Jemex003: 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by mightyhaze: 9:43pm On Apr 21, 2023
localbreed:
SE has the largest population density (followed by South south) in Nigeria .

So even if you check it by richest region per square miles, It will still be in that order .
best response so far

Common sense

Even if u take other indices like blind people, people with ulcers,people with malaria,people that stutter,people that are dwarfs,people that are over 6 feet tall..etc etc.. southeast will still have more..

Just say Southeastern ERS have more ppl per square mile
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Mrpojj(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Lol.
If d statistics had praised lgb0s, u will accept it.

Do you believe that statistics?
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by kaludestiny10(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
My argument here is not based on whether southeast is overpopulated, densely populated or sparsely populated. The main thing is on how was the data generated? Is it through a census, estimation or sampling?
Wainey:
That is per square mile and it's not in percentage of people.
Lagos and Anambra should have the poorest people per square mile and should arguably also have the richest people per square mile.

The SE is the most densely populated region in the country so it's safe to say they will have lots of people in every category.
Population density matters here
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2023
mightyhaze:
best response so far

Common sense

Even if u take other indices like blind people, people with ulcers,people with malaria,people that stutter,people that are dwarfs,people that are over 6 feet tall..etc etc.. southeast will still have more..

Just say Southeastern ERS have more ppl per square mile

in ragos....kiki
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2023
south east is a glorified village....

4 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by gidgiddy: 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2023
tsdarkside:

keep lyin to yourselves....fact remains you are mostly everywhere else than in your region....

question is....:
why....??

you leave your rich region to go live in poor regions....
accordin to una logic....

issue is not braggin,but always insultin others while braggin is foolishness....

Ahhh we go to poor Regions to make money, rich area or poor area, Igbo man go make am

But those who claim to be in rich region cannot go anywhere else because they cannot compete
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:48pm On Apr 21, 2023
you igbos take things too serious....people are just jabbin you....
nobody realy cares which tribe is richer or poorer....

3 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:49pm On Apr 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Ahhh we go to poor Regions to make money, rich area or poor area, Igbo man go make am

But those who claim to be in rich region cannot go anywhere else because they cannot compete

compete in illicite business....
not everybody has that stomach....

am always surprised how many of you risk life sentence in jail or even death sentence because of money.... undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by okoroemeka(m): 9:50pm On Apr 21, 2023
LeoDeKing:
I disagree with this report.

Last time I checked, SE plays host to the highest number of billionaires in the world.

Based on ipob bureau of statistics, the SE has 970 billionaires per square centimetre.
don't be sarcastic,a square mile in enugu can contain 2000 people while a square mile in zamfara can contain 200 people
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Juoflife1(f): 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
No poor people in my village oo mbok., Expecially my community gan gan. Old people get salaries and their electricity bills paid every month. The last time I went home, the kind of structures I saw in the village no dey city. My papa house sef come dey shame me grin. No economic activity in the village but there are lots of foundations by sons and daughters of the land. Igbo people send money to their parents back home every month.
I've been to many places in Nigeria and I have not seen an Igbo man or woman begging on the streets, but I have seen others begging.
Do your research well all these half baked journalists.
I be pure Ndoki girl.

1 Like

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by seeyounow: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by omoluka: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
mployer:
The whole land mass in south east is not up to Niger State.

South east has large number of people per square mile. This stat is totally useless.
Very very useless
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by gidgiddy: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2023
tsdarkside:

compete in illicite business....
not everybody has that stomach....

Well if you dont have that stomach you can support them going their way as Biafra, but we know you unity beggars would rather fight war than let that happen
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Jomonix: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2023
FuglyGurl:

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1649412439958495233?t=vuwzQ53fjy2fvynMert9gQ&s=19

So effort on eradication of poverty should be channeled to the SE rather than the north. I hope the incoming government is listening
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Wainey: 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2023
kaludestiny10:
My argument here is not based on whether southeast is overpopulated, densely populated or sparsely populated. The main thing is on how was the data generated? Is it through a census, estimation or sampling?
That does not matter, if you check states and it's population densities.
LAGOS is first, Anambra is second, Abia and Imo are third and fourth.

You do not need a census to tell you that the information is correct.
Most part of the north is desert, you can drive some kilometers without finding a soul and that is why they score low in poverty per square mile.

But when it comes to number of poor people in percentage, the SE, SS and SW should take the low score while the north will take the crown

3 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:52pm On Apr 21, 2023
okoroemeka:
don't be sarcastic,a square mile in enugu can contain 2000 people while a square mile in zamfara can contain 200 people

okoro,you are poor,stats says soo....kiki....

3 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by kaludestiny10(m): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
Okay
Wainey:
That does not matter, if you check states and it's population densities.
LAGOS is first, Anambra is second, Ebonyi and Imo are third and fourth.

You do not need a census to tell you that the information is correct.
Most part of the north is desert, you can drive some kilometers without finding a soul and that is why they score low in poverty per square mile.

But when it comes to number of poor people in percentage, the SE, SS and SW should take the low score while the north will take the crown
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by moneyissweet(m): 9:54pm On Apr 21, 2023
Even an unborn child knows there is no poor person in south east.

Assholes
Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by tsdarkside(m): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Well if you dont have that stomach you can support them going their way as Biafra, but we know you unity beggars would rather fight war than let that happen

na on nairaland you wan get biafra....??
you are waitin for none igbos to help you get biafra....

wait oo....
and me a south southerner will happily follow you join biafra....is that your idea....

i dont even like you....how the hell do you even imagine me and you in biafra....

3 Likes

Re: South-East Has Highest Number Of Poor People Per Square Miles - StatiSense by Abagworo(m): 9:55pm On Apr 21, 2023
Very deceitful statistics. Using number of poor to divide landmass is a flawed parameter. It should be against overall population

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos) / Ngige: Monarch Armed With Pistol Intervened When I Was Kidnapped As A Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.