Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break (1125 Views)

Tired Of Heart Break, Should I Just Forget About Her? / Let Be Sincere, How Long Should The First Round Of Sex Last? / Sex On First Visit. Does It Mean She Is Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by Divay22(f): 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
Negroid001:

Y'all that date someone for six years, how una dey run am. Make una come teach me
Honestly ehn.
But sometimes guys do give us hint of not doing forever, na we just dey allow love dey carry us go where we no know..

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by Waffarianman(m): 1:17pm On Apr 23, 2023
What'sapp me lemme gve you the cure
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by randymirrors(f): 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
Samantha124:
I think it depends on how much you loved the person and how long you've been together.

Your case is understandable because you were together for 6 years... I wish I could give you better advice, but I've never been in a six years relationship that failed in the end.

I'll leave the other nairalanders with experience to advise you.

Love is love, the pain feels the same even if you were together for just one month.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
If you cry over a one month old failed relationship, just know that you have attachment issues.
randymirrors:

Love is love, the pain feels the same even if you were together for just one month.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by randymirrors(f): 1:48pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:
I had a terrible breakup last year December. It was a relationship of six years. My ex treated me very badly after all the sacrifices I made for him. He moved on without looking back.

How long does it really take to get over someone and please how do I get over him. I am drained

Time is the greatest healer. There's no wound time cannot heal. What worked for me:

- I started giving attention to other guys who wanted me.
- I became more open when it comes to meeting people.
- I started seeing three people at a time but without sex. While this helped, it didn't change the way I felt about my ex. But it helped to miss him less.
- I would later form a relationship with one of these guys. Initially, it made little difference as I was still deeply in love with my ex.
- But as we progressed, it got better. I started to notice some things about him that I used to admire in my ex. For instance, his facial expression when he smiles. And the sound of his laughter. They are even better than my exes.

My point is, try to give attention to other people in your life. It helps. You don't have to be into them.

1. It took me two long, painful years to get over my ex completely.
2. From the time I met my new bf, it took me 7 months to be completely over him.

And I'm over my ex to the extent that, answering his call is now tiring. This is someone I literally wanted to die for when I found out he was cheating.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by randymirrors(f): 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
Samantha124:
If you cry over a one month old failed relationship, just know that you have attachment issues.

That's your opinion. Again, try to use some sense to have an understanding of what you quoted. The length of time of your relationship isn't directly proportional to the depth of hurt you feel after a breakup. No correlation between the two.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
I still stand by what I said.
randymirrors:

That's your opinion. Again, try to use some sense to have an understanding of what you quoted. The length of time of your relationship isn't directly proportional to the depth of hurt you feel after a breakup. No correlation between the two.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by randymirrors(f): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2023
Samantha124:
I still stand by what I said.

As long as you're not standing on a wall, fine by me.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by teekay213(m): 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:

May God forgive you
Answer my question? If your ex shows up even if you are married,won't you allow him?
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by Negroid001(m): 2:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
Divay22:

Honestly ehn.
But sometimes guys do give us hint of not doing forever, na we just dey allow love dey carry us go where we no know..
6 years is too much. I recommend a year or 6 months of courtship. Anything above that most times leads to no where. If you ain't interested in someone, don't lead them on
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by sync(f): 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
teekay213:
Answer my question? If your ex shows up even if you are married,won't you allow him?
You are just a sick and immature individual
Re: How Long Does It Take To Get Over A Heart Break by ErnestNc: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
sync:
I had a terrible breakup last year December. It was a relationship of six years. My ex treated me very badly after all the sacrifices I made for him. He moved on without looking back.

It’s almost five months now, I still do not have appetite to eat, I can’t bring myself to listen to love songs as it saddens me, I still cry everyday and everything reminds me of him.

How long does it really take to get over someone and please how do I get over him. I am drained

Sorry about your experience. You are allowed to process the grief. But don't dwell on it forever. There are more important things to worry about . For example, there is a current crisis that is about to hit the nation , speculations of an impending inflation where prices of goods and commodities will mostly tripple in may.

You need to occupy your thoughts with creating sustainable sources of income to counter the effect of this crisis, for you and your family, so you can feed, look healthy and happy for the long run as the crisis looms. I'm sure that's what your ex-boy is doing , that's why he moved on so quickly. Quit moping about this, I understand your pain. But you got to occupy your mind about something more productive than grief, think about survival and making an impact.

If you need a friend to talk to , you can dm anyway... I can be of help so you can move on faster.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Solve This Riddle? / How To Tell If A Girl Likes You???? / Why Do Good Girls Like Bad Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.