Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda (21097 Views)

Senator Barau Jibrin Son To Marry Aliyu Sani Madaki's Daughter / Kwamanda To Tinubu: Your Secret Deal With Kwankwaso Will Destroy APC / 2023: North 100 Percent Behind Tinubu – Buhari’s Ally, Danbilki Kwamanda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Asswipemod: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
go and look at the set up committee by tinibu. There are more Northern house of rep and senator and more Muslim in both chambers

Delusional lot. Yet another gimmick to ensure he is not disturbed before May 29th.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 1:49pm On Apr 23, 2023
AK481:

His VP too was Muslim?
Tambuwal HOR speaker is a Christian too ?

Seun can you block this guy for putting put false information - rule 8

I was pretty much only repeating what the OP claimed. While I was aware the vice was Muslim, seemed every other positions were Christian. Who came before Tambuwal?
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hedonini:

Don't be stupid. Tambuwal (who is an Igbo bishop abi) was the Speaker for the bulk of Jonathan's administration. I don't know why you people like to peddle useless falsehood just to push a ridiculous agenda.

Don't be a fool (for bringing ethnicity that I don't give a fucccck about).

Tambuwal was speaker for most of his tenure. Who was speakers at the beginning? Maybe that didn't fit your narrative. Idiot.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
Tonytonex:
was the VP a christian? That's what makes the difference. Let me do the thinking for you.

I knew the VP was a Muslim. But what's obvious is that during Jonathan's Presidency, there was a time when the religious balanced was not acceptable to everyone. That's the point.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 1:54pm On Apr 23, 2023
blowjohn:

The vice

Knew that. How about other positions. Point is, people who want to complain will always see a reason for complaining.

1 Like

Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by porthouse7(f): 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2023
Zionmdde:

Kindly answer the question? Aside politicians enjoying for the 8 years, how did your life change?
very well, buhari government is the best time of my life I swear to God
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by tete7000(m): 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2023
Jogs1900:

The subject of discussion here is the senate.

In this discussion, we need to look at the state apparatus as a whole, because what brought rotation issue into the senate is the Muslim-muslim presidential/vice presidential ticket of APC
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
Onyiridike:

Are you sure of what you are saying?
Alhaji Tambuwal is a Christian?
VP Namadi Sambo is a Christian?

Obvious I wasn't definitive. Besides, Tambuwal wasn't the speaker at the beginning. Point is, there'll always be a group with legitimate reasons not to be happy with the "balance". Some are just fond of crying.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2023
Uchesis:

and the vice president was a christian too abi?

If it's only the vice you can come up with, the man has a point then.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2023
Yves4real:

Patricia Etteh, as mentioned, was not the Speaker of the House of Representatives during Goodluck Jonathan's tenure. She was during Yar'Adua's tenure and served as speaker between June 2007 and October 2007 before Dimeji Bankole replaced her. It was still Yar'Adua's tenure before his demise. When Jonathan was elected in 2011, a northern Muslim, Aminu Tambuwa, was the speaker. The deputy speaker was Yusuf Sulaimon Lasun, also a Muslim.
In Buhari's tenure, the senate president (Ahmed Lawan) is a northern Muslim, the speaker (Gbajabiamila) is a southern Muslim, and the deputy speaker (Ahmed Idris Wase) is a northern Muslim. 
So, what is new about Muslims clamoring to dominate the APC's government? 🙄🙄
I am waiting for you to fault my submission for being a lie or something.
May God deliver us from liars.

So, why's the gentleman in the OP saying it was loopsided under Jonathan? The fact of the matter is: the three arm of government was once under Christian personalities. I personally don't care about it then, or now, and by your submission, there were mitigating circumstances for the loopsidedness.

However, it's obvious other people were pained then, as some are now, especially for those who refused to acknowledged some similar mitigating circumstances now.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2023
samsononyilo:

The vice president is a Muslim..

Only one station among the rest? Apparently not enough for that gentleman above.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by DMerciful(m): 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2023
You will not personally benefit except temporary bragging rights
KingKO22:

You na go cry tire

We warn you against your propagandas

The North have proven themselves a reliable ally and they work hard for it, sentiment apart if not for the love and support from North, we won't be discussing about sharing formula in APC.

They are far better than the useless pastors that intimidated their followers to vote for only one candidate bcs it's a religious war rather than democratic exercise.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 23, 2023
jelel6:

Don't be a fool (for bringing ethnicity that I don't give a fucccck about).

Tambuwal was speaker for most of his tenure. Who was speakers at the beginning? Maybe that didn't fit your narrative. Idiot.

I hate it when idiots wouldn't keep quiet even when their stupidity is exposed. You must sha have something say, because your big mouth must stay busy. Patricia Eteh and Dimeji Bankole were the Speakers during Yar' Adua's tenure, not Good luck's tenure. So because Yar Adua died and Goodluck had to complete the remaining 2 years of his tenure, how should that change the existing NASS leadership arrangement? Goodluck only tenure was 2011-2015, and Tambuwal was the Speaker throughout that tenure!

If you reply me again with your stubborn stupidity, thunder would fire you and of course you'd get no further reply from me.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Zionmdde: 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2023
porthouse7:
very well, buhari government is the best time of my life I swear to God
Same here but thats what selfishness does to you.
People like you don't care that thousands lost their lives because of insecurity, thousands cannot feed again It's just all about your selfishness. That's the kind of supporters APC have, selfish people
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2023
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by jelel6: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
Hedonini:

I hate it when idiots wouldn't keep quiet even when their stupidity is exposed. You must sha have something say, because your big mouth must stay busy. Patricia Eteh and Dimeji Bankole were the Speakers during Yar' Adua's tenure, not Good luck's tenure. So because Yar Adua died and Goodluck had to complete the remaining 2 years of his tenure, how should that change the existing NASS leadership arrangement? Goodluck only tenure was 2011-2015, and Tambuwal was the Speaker throughout that tenure!

If you reply me again with your stubborn stupidity, thunder would fire you and of course you'd get no further reply from me.

Now you can see above your nose... Dumbo!

I'm sure you can find a valid reason why the arrangement under the present and incoming administration is going to be the way it turns out. But keep those reasons to yourself because you're the one crying over religion. Bitching mofo.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Coolgent(m): 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2023
Apc choice not north
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Uchesis: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
jelel6:

If it's only the vice you can come up with, the man has a point then.
the vice president is the number 2 man in the country. if the president dies or is incapacitated, the vice takes over the affairs of the country
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by porthouse7(f): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2023
Zionmdde:

Same here but thats what selfishness does to you.
People like you don't care that thousands lost their lives because of insecurity, thousands cannot feed again It's just all about your selfishness. That's the kind of supporters APC have, selfish people
that's ur problem
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Yves4real(f): 6:26pm On Apr 24, 2023
jelel6:

So, why's the gentleman in the OP saying it was loopsided under Jonathan? The fact of the matter is: the three arm of government was once under Christian personalities. I personally don't care about it then, or now, and by your submission, there were mitigating circumstances for the loopsidedness.

However, it's obvious other people were pained then, as some are now, especially for those who refused to acknowledged some similar mitigating circumstances now.

There was also a time in this government when the three arms of government were under Muslim personalities (Muhammad Buhari, Ahmed Lawan, and Muhammad Tanko). Why is the writer making it look like what his party is about to do only existed during the previous administration which wasn't as bad as what existed in the present administration?Secondly, in the previous administration being used as a reference, were the president and vice president of the same faith?
Personally, I expected them to go ahead and form the government of their choice without explaining themselves to anyone, thereby telling lies to drive home the point.
Re: Barau Jibrin Is North's Choice For Senate President - Kwamanda by Ogiame: 7:56am On Apr 29, 2023
Goodlady:
Be like say north dey ment!
you don chop ban tire for this forum. Rest a little.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / LASEMA Officials Rescue Trapped Lagos Residents From Flood / Osinbajo, Fashola And Kemi Adeosun In A Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.