Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray (19506 Views)

Is Fasting Without Prayer A Meaningless Exercise? / 50 Powerful Prayer To Overcome Having Sex In The Dream / Why Don't Christians Ever Pray For God To Make Their Enemies Repent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by cl0r0x: 12:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
Very bad prayer. Sometimes God's will is to kill you. Remember in the the bible a man sent an angel to tell God why do you wanna kill me after all I have done, I don't want to die yet. Then God sent the angel to tell him 40 more years has been added to his life. The prayer of let your will be done is a dangerous prayer. I don't want to join army or eat corn grin, it may be god's will though
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by LeyeWrites: 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
TradingGod:

What is the prerequisite to Enter heaven, is not to give your life to Christ?

When you give your life to Christ it means you have given your Glory to Christ

Is your life not your Glory?

Which of the heavens?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Okhuadams(m): 12:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:
The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray

"Father, may your Will be done and not my own" Luke 22:42

This is the most powerful prayer anyone could ever pray.

If you claim to be a Christian but have never sincerely and from your heart prayed this prayer, it means your Christianity is still at a shallow level and yet a long way from becoming Christlike.

This is the example Christ set for His followers during the most trying and troubling time in His life and ministry on Earth.

It was so troubling for Him, He even asked God if it be His Will to take the cup away from Him, yet He said to the Father, "not my Will but yours be done". Luke 22:42

Therefore, if He who was the One and Only begotten Son of God, who hence didn't deserve to go through such sufferings, would humble Himself to that point before the Father, how much more those of us who deserve to suffer such things?

If we claim to be His followers, we must also prove it by following His example and His Word, by denying themselves, taking up our crosses to follow Him, just He denied Himself, took up His cross and followed His Father regardless of where He led Him.

Matthew 16:24 (KJV)

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

That's when we truly become His followers, by doing likewise, denying ourselves and saying sincerely from our hearts just as the Master had done, "Father, may your Will be done, and not my own".

That the most powerful prayer we could ever pray as followers of Christ.

God bless.
Let me ask if the will of God is for you to buy bicycle and your will is to to by a car honestly which will you choose .
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Theta1: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2023
As a christian pray for Gods will it is also important for the christian should work towards making heaven (holiness) and evangelize for more soul
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
Seun seun seun

How many times will we have to suggest that you need to create a private thread for Christians? Are the muslims religion more important?

Stop being bias and partial all the time please do the needful

1 Like

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by orisa37: 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
IT IS OUR LORD'S PRAYER. ALWAYS PRAY IT WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, WITH ALL YOUR MIND AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH AND YOU WILL NEVER BE WRONG WITH GOD.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by MechanicMike: 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

If you claim to be a Christian but have never sincerely and from your heart prayed this prayer, it means your Christianity is still at a shallow level and yet a long way from becoming Christlike.

This is the example Christ set for His followers during the most trying and troubling time in His life and ministry on Earth.

It was so troubling for Him, He even asked God if it be His Will to take the cup away from Him, yet He said to the Father, "not my Will but yours be done". Luke 22:42

Therefore, if He who was the One and Only begotten Son of God, who hence didn't deserve to go through such sufferings, would humble Himself to that point before the Father, how much more those of us who deserve to suffer such things?

If we claim to be His followers, we must also prove it by following His example and His Word, by denying themselves, taking up our crosses to follow Him, just He denied Himself, took up His cross and followed His Father regardless of where He led Him.

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

That's when we truly become His followers, by doing likewise, denying ourselves and saying sincerely from our hearts just as the Master had done, "Father, may your Will be done, and not my own".

God bless.

[b]
QUESTION TO M.O.D ON MUSLIM THREADS!!!! angry

WHY IS IT EASIER TO ACCESS CHRISTIAN THREADS BUT WE NEED PERMISSION TO ACCESS MUSLIM TOPICS?......IS NAIRALAND SAYING MUSLIM THREADS ARE SUPERIOR?? angry

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Bodexinvest: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2023
What makes that the most powerful prayer?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by omoredia: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
Pickieox:

You made this post because you have no clue or understanding about it. Christianity is nothing but a man-made religion. A script art. It is just only full of controversies and contradictions...

Prove ur point lemme prove mine. Ready?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
The truth is that most Christians don't want the will of God but their own will, if you tell a Christian today that he will suffer for the sake of Christ, he will say God forbid. He will start quoting from Genesis to Revelation how it is never the will of God for us to suffer that Christ has suffered and died for us therefore suffering is never our potions. But we forget that the same Christ died for his Apostle but that never stopped the Apostles from suffering and dying for Christ sake. We have derailed from the true teaching of Christ who said if you want to be a follower of mine deny yourself take up your cross and follow me. Cross is it a thing of joy or suffering, many Christians have followed prosperity preachers who deceived them that as Christian you can not suffer. The will of God is not always palatable that is why many people reject to follow their own will.

1 Like

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by AntiChristian: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Exceed15:

Read the lord's prayer again

Ehn ehn?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
TradingGod:

What is the prerequisite to Enter heaven, is not to give your life to Christ

When you give your life to Christ it means you have given your Glory to Christ

Is your life not your Glory?

What do you mean by giving your life to Christ?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
Bluezy13:
When you pray for God's will to be done, how do you know when what is done is God's will ?
When is God's will not done, because whatever is done will still be seen as god's will and if whatever is done is God's will, why do you pray ?
To know God will is to imitate Jesus Christ that when you are passing through certain challenges and you might have prayed other prayers but the situation persist your last resort should be God let your will be done. Then go about do the right thing that is required of you. Whatever comes thereafter becomes the will of God for you. Note many a time the will of God does not always suit us.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Bluezy13(m): 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
Whoknow:

To know God will is to imitate Jesus Christ that when you are passing through certain challenges and you might have prayed other prayers but the situation persist your last resort should be God let your will be done. Then go about do the right thing that is required of you. Whatever comes thereafter becomes the will of God for you. Note many a time the will of God does not always suit us.

Your explanation shows that you do not understand the point at all.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
TradingGod:
if you Give your life to Lord Jesus Christ, have you not given your Glory (life) to God ?

Is your life not your number one Glory?
What do you mean by giving your life as to Christ as giving your glory to him. Please can you expanciate?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
DAVIDMOE:
Does it mean as a human, you don't have to plan, hope and aspire as a person?
I think there are many error in this teaching.
You need to aspire as human, but in Christian scope aspire in the right direction, never do anything against the command of God.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
nairalee:
the biggest prayer everyone should pray is God give me the spirit of love for you and for my fellow man
Remember that's also the will of God.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by TradingGod: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2023
LeyeWrites:
Which of the heavens?
if you die, where will your soul go to.
Heaven or Hell?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Kobojunkiee: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
DAVIDMOE:
Does it mean as a human, you don't have to plan, hope and aspire as a person?
I think there are many error in this teaching.
Seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) , and God's Righteousness, and then all these things shall be added -- after, not before. undecided
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by TradingGod: 3:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Whoknow:

What do you mean by giving your life as to Christ as giving your glory to him. Please can you expanciate?
Good Question

In the Kingdom of God, you work with Principles and it is this principles that will make you enjoy what the kingdom has in possession.
Now our Lord God has His own Kingdom and in His Kingdom, His Principles is simply Giving Glory.

The natural man is bound to go against this principles because the natural man follows the voice of the devil who is against the principles of the Kingdom of God from the Beginning

The natural man takes Glory because the devil has told him that the reward he get from not giving Glory or in taking Glory is far better than the reward he will get for Givng Glory.

And sometimes the devil go as far as to tell you that the pain you will get in giving Glory is far more painful than the one you will get if you do not Give Glory or in taking Glory.

This is why stealing and pride (taking Glory for oneself) is frowned by God Almighty because in God's Kingdom, We Give Glory and not Take Glory

Now, back to your question, Your Life is your Greatest Glory and if you think that I'm lying, inagine a scenario where a doctor tells someone that he has 3 days to live in earth and during the day, he got a call that he has hit a $1million jackpot, ask yourself, will that man celebrate the glory of that $1million?
The answer is simply no because he has only 3 days to live, so truly the life of a man is man greatest glory, so if you give your life to God you are giving your Greatest Glory to God. And at the same time you are following the principles of the kingdom of God, there by being Worthy to live in the Kingdom of God

But the truth is as you live in this kingdom, you follow the principles and enjoy the benefits of the kingdom
And the principles are not hard, JUST GIVE GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY, THEN YOURSELF AND THEN YOUR NEIGHBOR

As a Christian we should be Giving Glory at all times because that is the ultimate principles if the Kingdom of God

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or in act, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving praise to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:23 In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people.
Colossians 3:24 Remember that you will receive your reward from the Lord, which he promised to his people. You are serving the Lord Christ.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
Whoknow:

The truth is that most Christians don't want the will of God but their own will, if you tell a Christian today that he will suffer for the sake of Christ, he will say God forbid. He will start quoting from Genesis to Revelation how it is never the will of God for us to suffer that Christ has suffered and died for us therefore suffering is never our potions. But we forget that the same Christ died for his Apostle but that never stopped the Apostles from suffering and dying for Christ sake. We have derailed from the true teaching of Christ who said if you want to be a follower of mine deny yourself take up your cross and follow me. Cross is it a thing of joy or suffering, many Christians have followed prosperity preachers who deceived them that as Christian you can not suffer. The will of God is not always palatable that is why many people reject to follow their own will.
Well said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Mamijoh(f): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
Amen in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by phemmyfour: 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
And where and when did Jesus categorized prayers to their level of importance.

Continue adding to the scriptures, you will look back in 10yrs time and laugh at your level of ignorance.

Emotion and spiritual understanding does not mix
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Mamijoh(f): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
TradingGod:

Good Question

In the Kingdom of God, you work with Principles and it is this principles that will make you enjoy what the kingdom has in possession.
Now our Lord God has His own Kingdom and in His Kingdom, His Principles is simply Giving Glory.

The natural man is bound to go against this principles because the natural man follows the voice of the devil who is against the principles of the Kingdom of God from the Beginning

The natural man takes Glory because the devil has told him that the reward he get from not giving Glory or in taking Glory is far better than the reward he will get for Givng Glory.

And sometimes the devil go as far as to tell you that the pain you will get in giving Glory is far more painful than the one you will get if you do not Give Glory or in taking Glory.

This is why stealing and pride (taking Glory for oneself) is frowned by God Almighty because in God's Kingdom, We Give Glory and not Take Glory

Now, back to your question, Your Life is your Greatest Glory and if you think that I'm lying, inagine a scenario where a doctor tells someone that he has 3 days to live in earth and during the day, he got a call that he has hit a $1million jackpot, ask yourself, will that man celebrate the glory of that $1million?
The answer is simply no because he has only 3 days to live, so truly the life of a man is man greatest glory, so if you give your life to God you are giving your Greatest Glory to God. And at the same time you are following the principles of the kingdom of God, there by being Worthy to live in the Kingdom of God

But the truth is as you live in this kingdom, you follow the principles and enjoy the benefits of the kingdom
And the principles are not hard, JUST GIVE GLORY TO GOD ALMIGHTY, THEN YOURSELF AND THEN YOUR NEIGHBOR

As a Christian we should be Giving Glory at all times because that is the ultimate principles if the Kingdom of God

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or in act, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving praise to God the Father through him.

Colossians 3:23 In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were doing it for the Lord, not for people.
Colossians 3:24 Remember that you will receive your reward from the Lord, which he promised to his people. You are serving the Lord Christ.
Thank you for the message

1 Like

Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by LeyeWrites: 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
TradingGod:
if you die, where will your soul go to.
Heaven or Hell?
What's a Soul? Let's start from there.

Before we start going to where it goes.

Did the Soul come from hell or heaven?

Where does it come from?
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by IslamIsIdiotic: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
We believe that Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice for the redemption of sin.

That is far better than a sex crazy god who wants his followers to sleep with each others wives🤣

Tell us, have you slept with your imams wife? You're supposed to do so, otherwise allah will be very disappointed with you.

Or have you forgotten that allah wants his slaves to commit sins? Do you know that if you don't commit sin, allah will get rid of you and replace you with sinners?

Don't be a bad mooslim! Go and find a married muslimah and start having sex with her!🤣🤣🤣

Sahih Muslim Book 37, Hadith Number 6622:
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace (you by) those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them.

AntiChristian:

But you believe God the father ordained his son to be murdered on the cross by his other potential sons for their redemption?

Na you be idiot now!
There's no prayer in the Hadith quoted!
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Kobojunkiee: 7:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
hashtagged:
■ Total waste of time and space sorry to say. Instead of always finding faults try and learn.
■ The greatest thing you can ever do for God is allowing his will to become yours. That's why I would always tell him father your will and not mine
1. Too easily you forget that you cannot impress God by your numerous tongue-actions which you refer to as prayer. The prayers, praises, offerings, "good" works, pleas, etc., of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. God is only impressed by one thing and one thing alone and that is acceptance/submission and obedience. undecided

2. You say the greatest think you can ever do for you --- not for God by the way -- is to allow His Will become yours. Well, good. Now what is God's Will? It turns out the Will of God is God's Law and plan, in our case, the Kingdom of God, and as Jesus Christ made clear to you, the only way to allow His Will become yours is through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God. undecided

No amount of praying--- tongue action-- you do will ever make that automatically happen to you. Action towards obedience is the only way undecided
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Kobojunkiee: 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
LeyeWrites:
What's a Soul? Let's start from there.Before we start going to where it goes. Did the Soul come from hell or heaven? Where does it come from?
Man, in his entirety---- mind, body and soul--‐ is made from the clay of this world. So what you call soul is made when you are conceived. undecided

What is the Soul? Well, it is that core of you that desires and thrives in life and whatever else. The souk uses the mind to resolve its situation and the body its position. undecided
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Kobojunkiee: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
phemmyfour:
And where and when did Jesus categorized prayers to their level of importance.
Jesus Christ never did such. Rather Jesus Christ prescribed what we refer to as the Lord's Prayer for whenever we want to pray and He equally asked us to pray in hiding and in silence, all things many who cling to religion of men never do. undecided
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by Whoknow: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
TradingGod:

Good Question

Well said, summarily my understanding is that if can die for the sake of Christ.
Re: The Most Powerful Prayer A Christian Could Ever Pray by hashtagged(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Too easily you forget that you cannot impress God by your numerous tongue-actions which you refer to as prayer. The prayers, praises, offerings, "good" works, pleas, etc., of the unrighteous are an abomination to Him. God is only impressed by one thing and one thing alone and that is acceptance/submission and obedience. undecided

2. You say the greatest think you can ever do for you --- not for God by the way -- is to allow His Will become yours. Well, good. Now what is God's Will? It turns out the Will of God is God's Law and plan, in our case, the Kingdom of God, and as Jesus Christ made clear to you, the only way to allow His Will become yours is through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, God's Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God. undecided

No amount of praying--- tongue action-- you do will ever make that automatically happen to you. Action towards obedience is the only way undecided

If you read the Bible you would know. But if you want to serve God by your own power. It's your choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Success Stories Of Tithers You Can Add Yours / Cancer: How God Healed My Wife / Physically Challenged Woman Hid Son & Lied To Extort Money From Prophet Fufeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.