Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,440 members, 7,812,318 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) (51631 Views)

Little Boy Branded A Witch In Uyo, Abandoned On The Streets (Disturbing Photos) / When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Money Ritual In Nigeria: Do You Have Any Evidence It Works? (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by chisomkachy: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2023
Previous Thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7663138/paul-mackenzie-nthenge-told-followers
(Kenyan Cult Leader Told Followers To Starve Themselves To ‘Meet Jesus'. 21 Dead (Pix))

Kenyan police have exhumed 26 more bodies near the coastal town of Malindi, as they investigate a preacher said to have told followers to starve to death.

Dead children were among those exhumed, and police said they expected to find even more bodies.

The shallow graves are in Shakahola forest, where 15 members of the Good News International Church were rescued last week.

Preacher Paul Mackenzie Nthenge is in custody, pending a court appearance.

State broadcaster KBC described him as a "cult leader", and reported that 58 graves have so far been identified.

One of the graves is believed to contain the bodies of five members of the same family - three children and their parents.

Mr Mackenzie has denied wrongdoing, but has been refused bail. He insists that he shut down his church in 2019.

He allegedly told followers to starve themselves in order to "meet Jesus".

The Kenyan daily The Standard said pathologists will take DNA samples and conduct tests to determine whether the victims died of starvation.

Police arrested Mr Mackenzie on 15 April after discovering the bodies of four people suspected of having starved themselves to death.

Victor Kaudo of the Malindi Social Justice Centre told Citizen TV "when we are in this forest and come to an area where we see a big and tall cross, we know that means more than five people are buried there".

The preacher allegedly named three villages Nazareth, Bethlehem and Judea and baptised followers in ponds before telling them to fast, The Standard reports.

Kenya is a religious country and there have been previous cases of people being lured into dangerous, unregulated churches or cults.

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1650190884497940480?t=iG_EtFxobGh3IVToyAXcMA&s=19

We have set up tracing and counselling desks at the Malindi Sub-County Hospital for the Shakahola response.

So far 112 people have been reported missing at the tracing desk.

https://twitter.com/KenyaRedCross/status/1650146090543464448?t=ivEA5Z4KcgxX1bpLZRwj1g&s=19

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Corridon: 11:01am On Apr 23, 2023
Fools disguising as people worshipping God.

151 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by RamseyKush: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2023
Sometimes I doubt stories like this
But Omo the stupidity and gullibility of some people is top notch 😑

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by FxMasterz: 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
They won't read their Bibles to know the truth for themselves. These ones have paid the price for their ignorance with their own lives.

Most people are so ignorant that they'll even be asking very foolish questions about God. They allow scammers disguised as true pastors to scam their souls.

137 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by MRDEE01: 7:29pm On Apr 23, 2023
Religion is the opium of the masses truely.

Christianity is the life of Christ.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
False prophets.
Lies and elusion.....

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by DevilSignature: 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
angry

Righteousness2 come oOoOO oOoOOh

I thought I've seen it all in this religious matters.
There's spiritual or a kind of magical powers in this matter; cos I don't understand how a mental stable human will starved him/herself to to dead at the instructions of another foolishness mad man

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Way4orward: 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
Alright

1 Like

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by money121(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
Brain Wash

Endtime Pastors

5 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Dreamhighnow(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
This is not a church

Where in the scripture did they ask Christians to starve to death?

This is demons taken over the mind of the preacher and followers

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Dexy4yah(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2023
Scary indeed....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by WIZGUY69(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
There’s something seriously wrong with Blacks worldwide. They are not even capable of ruling themselves. God! I’m not sure God created blacks themselves, Probably it’s a contract job to one of the low-tier angel.
Sudanese are busy killing themselves for some group of selfish foools in this 21st century.
Congolese are working themselves to death for below 50 cents per day.
Churches and mosques keep springing up in all nook and crannies of the continent.

Just take a look at these brainwashed motherfvckers sad

456 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Nyanabo(m): 7:31pm On Apr 23, 2023
OK, at least they've gone to visit their own version of Jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by fastseo: 7:32pm On Apr 23, 2023
RamseyKush:

this are not ordinary. there are powers used by this people to hold their followers and its like a cult. where their leaders will tell them the future using powers beyond...

I have seen a ministry where members are told to take sands from the church use it to Bath, drink this sands.

6 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by dicksonadams(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
APC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by 1950Mack: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
angry haba... this is too much na... this is very bad o... Africa sef embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
angry bury the bastard alive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
Lol. Why are the Christians on these thread denying the pastor and saying"this is not Christianity"?🤣
Hypocrites. How's it not Christianity when the pastor used the same bible to deceive them. I've said it severally, the average Christian is deluded and can be easily deceived. Imagine these ones too.

The pastor held the bible, quoted some verses about fasting, listening to God and other trash talk you can find in the Bible.
Hebrew 13:17"Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over your souls, as those who will have to give an account. Let them do this with joy and not with groaning, for that would be of no advantage to you" so according to the bible here you must obey even if your pastor say you should jump into a burning fire! 🤣

Here's another trash from the bible"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."
Matthew 6:16. So they were only following the bible.

471 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by seanery: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2023
Sigh

Foolish religion, foolish pastor, foolish people

7 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
angryKill the lunatic angry

1 Like

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by charlesdinho(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
normally, all the dead people no suppose rest in peace. very mumu people

5 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by zombieHUNTER: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
They're all insane...

this is the version of religion practised in South West Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by SmallmebigGod: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
Sad
Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by ipobarecriminals: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
angry Some people especially ladies are so dumb when it comes to obeying Pastors than God.. Drink gutter water, they'll drink it sad

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Sixfeetbelle: 7:34pm On Apr 23, 2023
RamseyKush:

No doubt am oooh. This kind of stuff happened in America a lot in the 80s and 90s.

That's when you'll understand that when it comes to religion, people can become very stupid and senseless.

365 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by yrex01(m): 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
zombieHUNTER:
They're all insane...

this is the version of religion practised in South West Nigeria...
u no gree call the pastor Christian terrorist

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Sleekfingers: 7:35pm On Apr 23, 2023
Brainwashed people are like these , are many in Nigeria too. Always believe what their useless pastors and imams says.

8 Likes

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Olat4421: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
Nonsense
Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by anytexy: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
I no understand
Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by DSC7: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
Fake jesus full kenya sha lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
Dayummmm
Re: Kilifi cult: Kenya Police exhume 26 more bodies (Disturbing Photos) by besticality: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2023
Oga o. How would someone instruct me to starve myself to the point of death. Some people are gullible sha.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayodele Blasts Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi Over Silence On Killings Of Christians / Youths Set Baptist Church Ablaze In Kano (photo) / Leaked Audio: I Will Not Campaign For Anybody Till I Go To Heaven - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.